Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Iwantlessofme
Stats: Well on my way to fantastic!!
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Every single day, day in day out
Is there a trick to the oopsie roll?

Is there a trick to making the oopsie rolls? I tried it and my "batter" turned out like soup. The whites were stiff on top and water underneath? Can you over beat the whites? And the yolks and cream cheese came out all lumpy... What am I doing wrong? Tips or tricks PLEASE.
Iwantlessofme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
same here. Never could get it right no matter how stiff I made the whites. I just put it in a pan and bake it.
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cropgirly
Stats: 185/165/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 1, 2009
I found a tips site for the oopsie and it said you could potentially beat the whites for 5 minutes.

I make sure that I chill my beaters, let the whites sit at room temperature for a bit then beat them first and add the cream of tartar after I have started the beaters.

Then I move the whites over and beat the yolks. I gently fold the yolk mixture in and try to hit the bottom of the bowl and bring any liquid up as I GENTLY fold. Then like the tips post said I spoon the mixture on to my parchment lined pain instead of pour. If there is any runny left I pour in the middle of each fluffy mound.

My first batch were not so good and the two batches since have been great.

angie
cropgirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
I usually use a hand mixer to mix my yolks and cream cheese very thoroughly. I use a kitchenaid to mix the whites until they are SUPER stiff. You can overbeat whites, they will look curdled if overbeaten. I usually add a large spoonful of the stiff whites to the yolk mixture and mix it in very well (it lightens up the yolk mixture and makes it easier to fold into the whites). Then using a really large flat spoon, very gently fold the whites into the yolks (maybe 5 or 6 turns, there will still be some white streaks and that's ok). The key is just to not break down the whites. If you have runny stuff at the bottom, use the thick portions of the batter to make the base of your oopsies, then make a well in each one and spoon the liquid into the well. If you don't overmix you shouldn't have any liquid.

Last edited by BikerAng; 07-08-2009 at 11:44 AM..
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lori121
Stats: Jan 232.5/199.5/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
On Cleo's website she has pics on how to make them.
lori121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DEEDLYNN
I have not been able to master the oopsie...because I can never get the hang of folding things into egg whites without "deflating" my whites.

But...I do the "floopsie" take on an oopsie and it makes GREAT rolls, bread, english muffins and yes......cake......I have posted pictures out here somewhere of a 3 layer cake that I made out of floopsie batter.

Just search FLOOPSIE in the title under advanced search and you will find the recipe. 5 minutes into oven.....and great.

I'm jealous of those who have mastered the oopsie...and I am thankful that there was an option for me....who is sometimes challenged with baking in the kitchen....I can cook....but baking is quite another story.
DEEDLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: THELOU
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 1998
I don't see advanced search. I went to the top of this page and tried there and nothing I could see referenced floopsie
THELOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
I usually use a hand mixer to mix my yolks and cream cheese very thoroughly. I use a kitchenaid to mix the whites until they are SUPER stiff. You can overbeat whites, they will look curdled if overbeaten. I usually add a large spoonful of the stiff whites to the yolk mixture and mix it in very well (it lightens up the yolk mixture and makes it easier to fold into the whites). Then using a really large flat spoon, very gently fold the whites into the yolks (maybe 5 or 6 turns, there will still be some white streaks and that's ok). The key is just to not break down the whites. If you have runny stuff at the bottom, use the thick portions of the batter to make the base of your oopsies, then make a well in each one and spoon the liquid into the well. If you don't overmix you shouldn't have any liquid.
Yep. This.

The problem is not overbeating the egg whites but in folding technique (I'm pretty sure.) You are overmixing the whites with the yoke mixture. I agree to lighten up the yoke with a bit of white folded in and then fold the whites into the yoke mixture with just a few turns. It will NOT be a homogeneous mixture. there will be white and yellow streaks and clumps. That's how it's supposed to look. Oh, and bake right away. This mixture should not sit around or it will separate. Be ready to plop this on a pan and bake right away.
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DEEDLYNN
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-floopsie.html

This should take you to the floopsie thread.
DEEDLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Iwantlessofme
Stats: Well on my way to fantastic!!
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Every single day, day in day out
Thanks everyone I will give it another go, but I think I am going to try a Floopsie also!!
Iwantlessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #11
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i just messed up the floopsie... wow!

i'm not even gonna attempt the oopsies this weekend...
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote