Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2003, 08:28 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micki
Stats: 140/137/130
WOE: avoid the white stuff and walk my ass off
Start Date: Summer 2000
Sugar free chai tea

OK, so I got the sugar free chai tea concentrate made by davinci, but it says to mix 3/4 oz of the concentrate with 7 oz of milk. I don't want to experiment too much, because this stuff wasn't cheap. How do I make this low carb? Heavy cream and water? How much of each? I'm going to use my cappucchino maker to steam the "milk". Help!

Thanks,
micki
micki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2003, 08:51 AM   #2
scho

Gallery: scho
in the future, try buying chai spice tea in the tea bags, not instant. not only is it good by itself, but you can add sweetener or cream to taste. Stash makes a good chai spice tea.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:56 AM   #3
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: bernie
hey Miki,

I would use 1/2 cream and 1/2 water.

Enjoy
Bernie
bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:48 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbredhead
Stats: 185/147/145 old - restart Jan 2009 -198/182/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/1/02 restart 1/09
I bought Good Earth brand Chai tea bags at Publix this weekend and it is not nearly as good as the Celestial Seasoning brand. The CS brands is much darker and spicier.
lowcarbredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #5

Gallery:
chai tea

Hey -- I like to make chai from spices. It's miles ahead of concentrate or tea bags. My favorite recipe:

Bring 2 Quarts water to a boil. Add 15 whole cloves, 20 black peppercorns, 3 sticks of cinnamon, 20 green cardamom pods, 8+ slices fresh ginger. (I crush the spices first ina mortar and pestle, but you could just put them in a kitchen towel and use a rolling pin too) Boil gently fro 30+ minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon black tea (you can use decaf but you do need the tea leaf). Strain. Store in fridge and reheat with a drop or two of heavy cream (sometimes I add water to the cream and froth it in my cappucino machine). Sweeten or not as desired.

It's a little more trouble than concentrate or tea bags but a world away in terms of taste, and, I believe, in terms of its tonic effect (not to mention how much it helps a cappucino fiend like myself cut down on caffeine.)

enjoy!
Old 02-03-2003, 10:18 AM   #6
jillshoots

Gallery: jillshoots
I love the Mountain Chai tea (in bag form) from Celestial Seasonings. I've had it both hot and iced - great both ways. A little cream added makes it really yummy - very much a "comfort food."
Old 02-04-2003, 12:13 AM   #7
Cake Lover

Gallery: chefchick66
Stats: 14/6-8/Solid 6
WOE: Eating to Run and Running to EAT!
Start Date: August 2002
Count me in as another Celestial Seasons Mountain Chai lover! I drink this stuff daily, be careful though, the DeCaf and the the stuff with Caffeine are packaged EXACTLY alike, except for the little words, "DECAF," it is very hard to tell the difference.
chefchick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #8
BRN*I*GRL

Gallery: BRN*I*GRL
Add Davincis vanilla sf or chocolate sf syrup to the chai its great.
I used to buy the high carb version at Trader Joes of the chocolate,and this is a great substitute.