Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Low Carb Recipes for Penny Pinchers.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/621662-low-carb-recipes-penny-pinchers.html)

sweetpoison 06-04-2009 10:43 AM

Low Carb Recipes for Penny Pinchers....
 
I know there is a great Penny Pincher thread out there.....but do we have one for Low Carb Recipes for Penny Pinchers......
I need one!!!:laugh:

Thanks
Vicki

LisaWV 06-04-2009 10:51 AM

Cream Cheese Crack Muffins

2 - 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese
1/2 cup of Splenda
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

mix together and pour into lined muffin pan and back at 350 for about 15 mins or until done

-----------------------------------

Low Carb Pizza Crust

2 cups of moz. cheese
1 cup of ched. cheese
3 large eggs
seasoning of your choice (I use oregano, garlic powder, basil)

Bake for 15 to 20 mins @ 450 degrees

-----------------------------------

Fritatas (I eat these for breakfast all the time)

3 eggs
2 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream
3 strips of crispy bacon broken into pieces
1/2 cup of ched. cheese
1/2 cup of moz. cheese

mix everything together and fill lined muffin pan. bake at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 mins

LisaWV 06-04-2009 10:54 AM

dannnnnnnnng! there's a lot of cheese in my diet! :blush:

sherlocklabs 06-04-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaWV (Post 12059478)
Cream Cheese Crack Muffins

2 - 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese
1/2 cup of Splenda
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

mix together and pour into lined muffin pan and back at 350 for about 15 mins or until done

-----------------------------------

Low Carb Pizza Crust

2 cups of moz. cheese
1 cup of ched. cheese
3 large eggs
seasoning of your choice (I use oregano, garlic powder, basil)

Bake for 15 to 20 mins @ 450 degrees

-----------------------------------

Fritatas (I eat these for breakfast all the time)

3 eggs
2 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream
3 strips of crispy bacon broken into pieces
1/2 cup of ched. cheese
1/2 cup of moz. cheese

mix everything together and fill lined muffin pan. bake at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 mins

Wow! Thanks for the great ideas/recipes!! Can't wait to try 'em!

sherlocklabs 06-04-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaWV (Post 12059496)
dannnnnnnnng! there's a lot of cheese in my diet! :blush:

:hyst:

sherlocklabs 06-04-2009 11:03 AM

I posted this recipe on another thread...but figured it may be suitable here too.
Most of the ingredients you most probably already have in your pantry/fridge.
I'm posting the 'original' recipe...and will note the alterations that I made....

Sugar Free Fudge (original recipe)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Butter
2 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
24 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
8 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Melt butter in small saucepan, or microwave.
Stir in chocolate until melted.
Add Equal and vanilla, mixing well.
Combine cream cheese and chocolate mixture until it is completely mixed; may use the mixer if you want.
Stir in chopped pecans.
Spread in an 8-inch square pan that has been greased well with butter.
Refrigerate until firm and cut into 1-inch squares. Store in refrigerator.

*the alterations that I made are as follows: I used 20 packages of Stevia in lieu of the Equal....and I sub'd Almond Meal in lieu of the pecans. The stevia sweetness settled down a bit after setting overnight in the fridge ~~ but will try it with less packs the next time....I think I may try it with 5-10 less packs to see how it tastes...and tweak from there.
This is very good....really takes care of the sweet tooth and/or chocolate urges you may have.

LisaWV 06-04-2009 11:19 AM

Faux Cheese Crackers

Deluxe American cheese slices (and yes... it has to be deluxe cheese and not regular sliced cheese)

Cut one square of cheese into abou 8 to 12 squares tiny squares (depending on large you like your crackers.
Put cut cheese sliced on a sheet of parchment paper (be careful to to put them too close together) around the edge
Microwave about one minute on high or until the crackers brown
Remove the parchment from microwave and let the crackers cool

I make big batches of these and store them in tupperware for a quick snack

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 11:23 AM

Diet Rite Cola Chicken
 
Diet Rite Cola Chicken

Feeds 4

4 chicken breast
1 can diet rite cola
1/2 cup low carb ketcup

put in a medium sauce pan (yes the raw chicken too) and bring to a boil. Put a lid on it and turn to medium heat for 30 minutes......take the lid off an let simmer for another 10 minutes.

This makes a really good bbq chicken. I shread it up and just keep some in the fridge.

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 11:24 AM

Linda's Cabbage & Hamburger
 
CABBAGE AND HAMBURGER
I just browned some ground beef, drained it, then stir-fried it with chopped cabbage. I cooked it until the cabbage was tender then seasoned to taste.

Makes about 8 servings

Per Serving: 215 Calories; 13g Fat; 20g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 11:25 AM

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
 
Crock pot Rotisserie Chicken

1 whole chicken
Spray olive oil
Lawry's seasoned salt

Ball up aluminum foil and put in bottom of crock pot. Place seasoned chicken on top. Cook 4-6 hours.


BTW, I'm pulling all these off the THREE INGREDIENT RECIPE THREAD HERE:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html

So they are all THREE INGREDIENTS AND EASY TO MAKE.

Determinedtolose 06-04-2009 11:27 AM

Any easy meatball recipes????:aprayer:

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 11:27 AM

Tammy's 3 Ingredient Orange Chicken
 
Orange Chicken

4-5 chicken breasts
1 can diet orange soda
1/3 cup soy sauce

Combine chicken, soda and soy in gallon freezer bag. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Basted it every now and then while it is cooking. I have also made this in the crock pot it has wonderful flavor.

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 11:33 AM

3 Ingredient Crock Pot Pepperocini Beef
 
Pepperocini Beef

Put a 4-5 lb roast (i buy whatever is on sale) in the crock pot and dump a good size jar of pepperocinis w/ juice on top. Cook on high for 1/2 hour then reduce to low and cook for 8-10 hours.

This is spicy but soooo good! I usually don't eat the peppers, the beef is excellent served on those microwaved cheddar or parmesan cheese chips things.

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Determinedtolose (Post 12059654)
Any easy meatball recipes????:aprayer:

As far as I know meatballs are always a PITA with lots of ingredients. Which is why I buy the premade kind... only they are expensive which defeats the purpose of this thread (but man are they easy)

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 11:35 AM

3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chili Roast
 
1 roast
1 large can rotel tomatoes w/ green chiles (hot or mild)
1 can chiles...

Then cook all day or 4 hours...

BikerAng 06-04-2009 11:58 AM

Check out these:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-w-budget.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...less-poor.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...c-recipes.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...as-needed.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...oor-chick.html

Determinedtolose 06-04-2009 12:07 PM


I love people like you!!! Thanks!!!:up:

sweetpoison 06-04-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilpirata (Post 12059639)
CABBAGE AND HAMBURGER
I just browned some ground beef, drained it, then stir-fried it with chopped cabbage. I cooked it until the cabbage was tender then seasoned to taste.

Makes about 8 servings

Per Serving: 215 Calories; 13g Fat; 20g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

yummy............

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 01:13 PM

4 Ingredient Cabbage Alfredo
 
Cabbage Alfredo

Thinly sliced cabbage "noodles"
1-2 T Butter

Brown cabbage in butter until tender and crispy. Add 1/4c cream and 1/4 c dry grated parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.

Ok--4 ingredients but delicious!
__________________

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 01:13 PM

3 Ingredient Tuna Muffins
 
TUNA MUFFINS
1 can tuna drained
3 eggs
2 cups cottage cheese
grated onion for taste
salt and pepper
mix together put in sprayed muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes at 350
Calories 65 Fat 1.9, carb 1.17, prot 10g

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 01:14 PM

Lesleys 3 Ingredient Sloppy Joe's
 
LC Sloppy Joes:

Brown a pound or two of hamburger; drain. Squeeze in enough Heinz One Carb ketchup and mustard to make a nice orange color (I'd say it's twice as much red as yellow). Inhale.

I LOVE IT. My family eats it on buns or scoops it with chips, and I eat it with a spoon from a bowl. Good stuff and I always have the ingredients on hand.

Ilpirata 06-04-2009 01:15 PM

Dana Carpenters 3 Ingredient Sloppy Joe's
 
Sloppy Jose

1lb. ground beef
1 cup salsa (mild, medium, or hot, as you prefer)
1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese

Brown the beef and drain off the fat. Stir in salsa & cheese and heat until cheese is melted.

Serves about 4. 4gr. of carbs & 1gr fiber, for a total of 3 net carbs and 27gr. protein.

Dixie Barkley 06-04-2009 01:34 PM

Thanks for starting this thread. Great recipes.

DEEDLYNN 06-04-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilpirata (Post 12060234)
LC Sloppy Joes:

Brown a pound or two of hamburger; drain. Squeeze in enough Heinz One Carb ketchup and mustard to make a nice orange color (I'd say it's twice as much red as yellow). Inhale.

I LOVE IT. My family eats it on buns or scoops it with chips, and I eat it with a spoon from a bowl. Good stuff and I always have the ingredients on hand.


I do mine similar to this, but use the diet cola chix recipe for the base/sauce. Sometimes I add mustard, sometimes I add Davinci SF pancake syrup, sometimes I add diced onion and green pepper. Love diet cola sloppy joes.

brittone2 06-05-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilpirata (Post 12060226)
Cabbage Alfredo

Thinly sliced cabbage "noodles"
1-2 T Butter

Brown cabbage in butter until tender and crispy. Add 1/4c cream and 1/4 c dry grated parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.

Ok--4 ingredients but delicious!
__________________

Thanks for this idea. My whole family (kids included) likes cabbage. I had a small amount of wild salmon left over from dinner last night, and I served it over the cabbage "alfredo"...it was really good, and stretched that small amount of (expensive) salmon fillet considerably.

Ilpirata 06-05-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Thanks for this idea. My whole family (kids included) likes cabbage. I had a small amount of wild salmon left over from dinner last night, and I served it over the cabbage "alfredo"...it was really good, and stretched that small amount of (expensive) salmon fillet considerably.
O good! Glad it was a hit... not my recipe but I like searching and passing things on.

theislandgirl 06-05-2009 07:09 PM

IlPirata, aren't most of those recipes already posted in the
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html

thread?

I guess three ingredients are going to usually BE budget, being quick and often with pantry items...

:rolleyes:

wannabethin55 06-09-2009 06:28 AM

Thanks for all these wonderful recipes!:)

DEEDLYNN 06-09-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilpirata (Post 12060226)
Cabbage Alfredo

Thinly sliced cabbage "noodles"
1-2 T Butter

Brown cabbage in butter until tender and crispy. Add 1/4c cream and 1/4 c dry grated parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.

Ok--4 ingredients but delicious!
__________________


I made this last night...using some slaw mix (too lazy to shred it...LOL) and then added some cubed ham and garlic salt.....

I think I'm in heaven and can't wait to eat the left overs for dinner tonight.

sheilamomof4 06-10-2009 09:29 AM

Yeah I make this often. It is really good if seasoned enough:) (cabbage and hamburger meat) I also like to saute cabbage and chicken and use a little seasame oil it tastes like chinese food.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 PM.