Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Give Linda Sue's CONEY ISLAND CHILI DOG PIE a try (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/618657-give-linda-sues-coney-island-chili-dog-pie-try.html)

Tecnokitty 05-16-2009 06:55 PM

Give Linda Sue's CONEY ISLAND CHILI DOG PIE a try

If you haven't tried it, give it a shot! I have tried and use so many of Linda Sue's recipes for years and they are staples in my house. However, I had never tried this recipe as I am not very fond of hotdogs but I made this tonight and both my husband and my 3 yeard old son went back for seconds!! They loved it! I ate 2 slices myself and I thought it was very good. I did add more mustard as she stated in her notes at the bottom of the recipe but I used spicy brown as I don't keep yellow in the house and I put in one extra hotdog. Also for the cheese, I used half cheddar and half mexican mix just because I needed to use the rest of the mexican up. They were already talking about when I am going to make it again :)

shadowzip 05-16-2009 07:17 PM

ITA We love it around here too!

LindaSue 05-17-2009 08:07 AM

Thanks for the nice review, Tecnokitty.

sligh 05-17-2009 01:15 PM

I make a lot of Linda Sue recipes, but none more than this one. It's really great.

auntiesocial 05-17-2009 01:23 PM

i made this for my parents a few months ago and they raved about it too. it is really, really good. :)

Tecnokitty 05-17-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 11979969)
Thanks for the nice review, Tecnokitty.

Hi Linda Sue! Always nice to see you :) Thank YOU for all your wonderful recipes!! Your website has made my WOE so much more fun and alot easier. :up:

lindaokc 05-17-2009 02:40 PM

Searched under main dishes, couldn't find it. Do you have a link? TIA

Tecnokitty 05-17-2009 02:43 PM

Here you go linda:

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

BTW, It is under ground meat dish in the MEAT PIES & QUICHES section :)

lindaokc 05-17-2009 02:53 PM

Ok, now I'm really confused.:stars: Your link provided the recipe, but where are the Meat Pies & Quiches recipes? I looked under Recipes, but don't see that category. I see beef, pork, meatless..... Apparently it's not under "Recipes", so what should I be looking under?

Tecnokitty 05-17-2009 03:02 PM

When you go to "main dishes" then "Ground beef" and you will see the Meat Pies & Quiches in the center of the page.

lindaokc 05-17-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecnokitty (Post 11981139)
When you go to "main dishes" then "Ground beef" and you will see the Meat Pies & Quiches in the center of the page.

Finally!! I found it. I find it hard to navigate the site, can find recipes once, but not a 2nd time sometimes. :laugh: Thanks so much for your patience.
Old age can make anything difficult :p

ShesSuperCool 05-17-2009 03:17 PM

Oh yum that does look good! I made that Chicago dog salad last week and everyone in the house is asking for it again already!

Tecnokitty 05-17-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindaokc (Post 11981162)
Finally!! I found it. I find it hard to navigate the site, can find recipes once, but not a 2nd time sometimes. :laugh: Thanks so much for your patience.

No problem at all Linda! It makes it easier to navigate if you think of it in terms of what ingredient you want to use. I actually really like that because that way if I have ground meat I need to use up I can just go to that section and look through everything she has that calls for ground meat :) Hopefully that helps!

Tecnokitty 05-17-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShesSuperCool (Post 11981171)
Oh yum that does look good! I made that Chicago dog salad last week and everyone in the house is asking for it again already!

Oh, that is another one I haven't tried yet. Will give that a go! Prob next week though as I've already planned and shopped for our meals for this week. Thanks for the heads up :)

LindaSue 05-18-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindaokc (Post 11981162)

Sorry for confusing you, Linda, LOL. I've had to split up most of the recipe categories into sub-categories because the lists were getting much too long. I think that the trouble with trying to find a particular recipe is that sometimes the names/titles don't tell you what's actually in them. I've also tried to get away from posting the author's name as part of the title of a recipe in the main recipe indexes because that changes where they appear in the list alphabetically. I've done my best to make my site easy to navigate but sometimes I can only do so much. I get requests all the time to put star ratings and things like that in the recipe indexes but I want to keep things as uncluttered as I can rather than complicating them even more.

By the way. I have the same problem all the time where I'll try to look up one of my own recipes and can't remember what in the heck I named it, LOL!

GirlPimp 11-30-2009 11:41 AM

made this today and it was delicious
definitely will make this again :)

thanks LindaSue for your site... it definitely has helped me

CherylB 11-30-2009 11:55 AM

I love Linda Sue's recipes, too. I haven't had any difficulty navigating the site, and feel like a kid in a candy store everytime I visit there! I look forward to trying this one, now that you've said how good it is. I love hot dogs, but use them sparingly.

Thanks again, Linda Sue! You're doing an excellent job.

Shimmer 12-01-2009 05:47 PM

We're having this tonight. I'd forgotten I'd printed the recipe but it looks like we've had it before and liked it--I drew a happy face by the title!:D

Marvin 12-01-2009 07:07 PM

I'll add it to my list! Several of LindaSue's recipes are on my regular rotation!

SmileySue 12-01-2009 10:11 PM

Ooohh....thanks for bringing this up again. I haven't made this one in a long time. It's awesome. Putting it on the menu for next week!!

dawnyama 12-02-2009 07:20 AM

I love this recipe!!! Yummy!!!

Tecnokitty 12-11-2009 08:05 AM

I'm thinking of trying to convert this over to a crock pot recipe. I've been making a lot of those lately because they are easy and keep the tummy warm since it's so chilly out! Anyone made it in a crock pot?

msack3889 09-07-2011 11:30 AM

omgosh, this is delicious!!!!

And for anyone else who may be lactose intolerant: I used almond milk (unsweetened, of course) in place of the heavy cream. Yum! :love:

zipp2play 09-07-2011 12:33 PM

MUST TRY THIS SOON!

ladeeda 09-08-2011 02:48 PM

LindaSue's Corned Beef and Cabbage Skillet is excellent. Since it is cabbage season and the recipe calls for a lot. I'll be cooking it often.

marybeth67 09-08-2011 05:10 PM

Yumm! Gonna make that this weekend :)

dawnyama 11-17-2011 12:47 PM

I am going to make this tonight. My 10 year old DD requested it!!! Yup, we all love it!

littlesky 11-17-2011 06:54 PM

Love lindasue's site. Awesome!!!

KCSoccer 11-18-2011 06:15 AM

Made this for dinner last night. Yummy! Thanks, LindaSue.

dawnyama 04-05-2012 03:52 PM

Making this for dinner tonight!! We love it!!