Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Spin Off: OH.MY.GOSH. The Whopper in a Bowl Salad (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/615725-spin-off-oh-my-gosh-whopper-bowl-salad.html)

Linny 04-28-2009 10:07 AM

Spin Off: OH.MY.GOSH. The Whopper in a Bowl Salad

Okay I had to make the Whopper in a Bowl since I tried the Big Mac in a Bowl Salad and LOVED it......this one is no exception :cool:

The recipe was found in the recipe room here by jswalker1992: LowCarbFriends Recipes - Whopper in a Bowl - Powered by ReviewPost

Whopper in a Bowl

Tastes just like a Whopper

1/2 lb hamburger
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 slices american cheese
10 dill pickle slices, chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped tomato
4 tbs mayonnaise
2 tbs low carb catsup
1 tbs cream

How To Prepare: Place lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle in a bowl and stir.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, catsup, and cream. Set aside.
Brown hamburger and liquid smoke over medium heat until cooked through. Drain, then stir in cheese until melted.

Pour meat immediately onto salad and mix through while still hot. Pour mayonnaise mixture over salad and stir. Enjoy!

Number of Servings: 1 -2
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 3 grams
Preparation Time: 15 minutes

HERE IS MY PICTURE OF THE SALAD:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../food2/049.jpg

WayLess09 04-28-2009 10:15 AM

looks goood!

Monkee 04-28-2009 11:40 AM

Where can I find liquid smoke?

What part of the grocery store? Near the seasonings? :confused:

What does it do? Give it that yummy flame-grilled taste?

LOL. Sorry, I don't know anything about this stuff. :D

jenna... 04-28-2009 12:25 PM

Thank you so much! Your picture looks great!

jobun 04-28-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseMonkee (Post 11896946)

What part of the grocery store? Near the seasonings? :confused:

LOL. Sorry, I don't know anything about this stuff. :D

in the condiment aisle by the bbq sauces

Linny 04-28-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseMonkee (Post 11896946)
[COLOR="Red"]I found this on the top shelf above BBQ sauce[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Yes, it gave the burger a flame grilled taste[/COLOR]

:shake:

torister 04-28-2009 01:06 PM

I know what I am having for dinner. YUM!

Monkee 04-28-2009 01:13 PM

Thanks. I will pick up some liquid smoke today. :up:

BTW - Linny, that picture of your Whopper Salad looks delicious. :love:

torister 04-28-2009 03:03 PM

OK...this tastes just like a Whopper! It is very filling too. :cool::cool:

Linny 04-28-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torister (Post 11897996)
OK...this tastes just like a Whopper! It is very filling too. :cool::cool:

You're not kidding it's filling, I had this for lunch and I just called DH and told him I was not making dinner tonight and he is on his own :cool:

mamagiff 04-28-2009 03:19 PM

Yummmm! I'll have to try this!

bwylde 04-28-2009 03:26 PM

Made this for supper, had everything but tomatoes and while it was good, I far prefer the Big Mac one. I'll definately try it again when I have tomatoes though.

Linny 04-28-2009 03:40 PM

I think I like the Big Mac Salad more than this too but this one is right up there also!!

mamagiff 04-29-2009 11:05 AM

Just made this for lunch.....loved it! Love the Big Mac salad, too, but got kinda sick of them because I made them too often for a while. This is a good change!

tomswife 05-04-2009 08:57 AM

The Liquid smoke I have has molasses in it. I knew there was a reason I haven't opened it. Maybe some don't. I guess just remember to read ingredients.

Linny 05-04-2009 12:22 PM

Mine has it too but you know what? This salad was what got me back into losing steady again. I need to make one this week for lunch!!!

jenna... 05-04-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomswife (Post 11924166)
The Liquid smoke I have has molasses in it. I knew there was a reason I haven't opened it. Maybe some don't. I guess just remember to read ingredients.

There shouldn't be more than a trace in the small amount you use. Liquid Smoke doesn't have a sweet taste.

Adream 05-04-2009 12:39 PM

On my way out to the store, but thought I'd stop here to figure out what's for tonight's dinner.

Now I know! :cool:

Dixie Barkley 05-04-2009 12:53 PM

Can't wait to try this.

missymagoo12 05-04-2009 11:25 PM

sounds really good. sue

EssBee 05-05-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomswife (Post 11924166)

Ok, so I'm nosy. I googled liquid smoke and got a website with nutritional info. They listed 7 brands of liquid smoke. For 1 tsp. 6 brands were 0 cal/0 carb, and 1 had 5 cal/1 carb.

Your whopper looks deelish. Can't wait to try it!

Gnossienne 05-05-2009 09:58 AM

Recipes like this ought to come with a trowel and a bib! :cool:

Looks awesome!

mamagiff 05-05-2009 12:08 PM

Had it again for lunch....LOVE IT!!!

CopperAnnette 05-05-2009 03:37 PM

I made this for dinner...WE LOVED IT!!! Oh so good! This will be on my "regular" list from now on.

Bob called it 'GENIUS"! ROFL...he takes his food pretty seriously!

MustLoveDogs08 05-06-2009 02:46 AM

I made the Big Mac version last night and was in HEAVEN! As long as the meat was still warm, it really tasted like a juicy Big Mac! And man, was it filling! I didn't have another thing after dinner for a snack! Taking leftovers for lunch today. :cool:

NoSugarGrams 05-06-2009 03:16 AM

Where is the Big Mac Salad located??

Liquid smoke talks back to me and I like big macs better.
But, I did try it without the liquid smoke.
Tastes like a dressed burger!:heart:

Thank you!

Linny 05-06-2009 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSugarGrams (Post 11932595)
Where is the Big Mac Salad located??

Liquid smoke talks back to me and I like big macs better.
But, I did try it without the liquid smoke.
Tastes like a dressed burger!:heart:

Thank you!

Here is the link to the Big Mac Salad: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...owl-salad.html

NoSugarGrams 05-06-2009 05:47 PM

Thank you Linny....:up:

I have another flavor of burger bowl to add to my repertoire!!

Dixie Barkley 06-03-2009 11:51 AM

I just tried the Whopper in a Bowl and it is a winner in my book. It was tasty and filling and that is the type recipe I am always looking for. I did the recipe exactly as written other than I left out the pickles as I am not a fan. I had a a 1 1/4 pound package of ground beef and I cooked it all (made the necessessary adjustment to the amount of liquid smoke). I used about 1/3 of this to make a serving and refrigerated the remainder to use at another time. My thoughts on this are I think I will use more liquid smoke the next time as the flavor didn't come through as much as I thought it should. Also, the amount of sauce was more than I needed. I used only about half. I am saving the remainder for another time. I had some fresh home-grown tomatoes and the flavor was great. I hope others try this easy and tasty Whopper in a Bowl.

luvlowcarb 11-17-2009 01:25 PM

:cool: I made this last night for supper and ate half. Yuuummmm. Made the whole recipe almost as posted. Didn't have any tomatoes and for the pickles I rinsed off 1 T. relish in a strainer, worked great. This was so good I was hoping when my husband got home he wasn't hungry so I could save the other half for today. Next I'll make the Big Mac in a Bowl. Big Mac in a Bowl - LowCarbFriends Recipes