Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Jennifer Eloff
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 1999
Microwave Brownies

MICROWAVE BROWNIES Easy, gluten-free, fudgey brownie recipes – I could not decide between the two recipes, so provided both recipes. It’s important to make the frosting as together it makes a better tasting brownie. These are even better the next day, after having been refrigerated.

Recipe #1

2 eggs
¾ cup Splenda Granular
¼ cup powdered erythritol
½ cup regular butter, melted
2/3 cup almond flour
½ cup cocoa
2 tbsp coconut flour
Chocolate Frosting:
¾ cup Splenda Granular
¼ cup whole or skim milk powder (Hispanic section of Super Walmart or Publix)
3 tbsp whipping cream (or evaporated milk)
2 tbsp powdered erythritol
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp water
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate

In food processor, or blender, combine eggs, Splenda Granular, erythritol, melted butter, almond flour, cocoa and coconut floor; process until well combined. Spray 8 x 8-inch glass dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread chocolate batter evenly in dish. Microwave on high 5 to 7 minutes, or until set. Spread frosting over brownies. Refrigerate.

Chocolate Frosting: In blender, combine Splenda Granular, milk powder, whipping cream, erythritol, butter, water, olive oil and vanilla extract; blend. In cereal bowl, place baking chocolate. Pour boiling water over chocolate and pour off when molten. Add to blender; blend until combined.

Nutritional Analysis: 25 brownies, 1 brownie per serving
91.4 calorie; 2.0 g protein; 8.2 g fat; 2.8 g carbs

Recipe #2 (This brownie is thicker and the one seen in the photographs, but the other is more chocolatey and I think possibly nicer tasting than this one – I couldn’t decide! )

3 eggs
¾ cup Splenda Granular
6 tbsp erythritol
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ tsp salt
Frosting (as for recipe #1)

Follow instructions for recipe #1.

90.8 calories; 2.1 g protein; 8.1 g fat; 2.8 g carbs

Helpful Hints: For those who don’t have erythritol, use a few Splenda packets to taste in conjuction with the Splenda Granular, or use your own sweeteners of choice. If you don’t have coconut flour, use oat flour or all almond flour. Do not make more than one batch in the same hour using the microwave oven. It is possible that the microwave oven can overheat. Mine did, but fortunately when it cooled down, it was still working. Feel the outside of the microwave oven to make sure it is not overheating. I'm not sure what happened exactly.

Last edited by cheri; 03-26-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Jennifer Eloff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyJulieAnn
Stats: losing inches
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 2/23/09-re-focused
These look yummy! I will have to give them a try.
LadyJulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jilligan
Stats: Goal = 155 ~ 5'10"
These look great and the carb counts are so low. Can't wait to try them but my oven is busy baking your wheaty version crackers! :-)
Jilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: romo20350
Stats: Goal: 10% BF
WOE: LC
Start Date: Janurary 10, 2009
*THUD*
romo20350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EssBee
Stats: 135/135/115
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Original: 9/00, Restart 3/15/14
Jennifer (or whoever's kind enough to answer),
Where can I purchase powdered erythritol? I miss brownies, and these sound good and easy. I have all the ingredients except that. Thanks!

Ess
EssBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bwylde
Stats: (405 highest) 385/365/200
WOE: Low Carb, TOPS
Start Date: January 2014
I used to make microwave brownies all the time but stopped when I couldn't have them. Thank you! My cravings thank you too . And I have everything on hand...bonus!!
bwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Folks, please make the first recipe, initially, if possible. I just taste-tested them again this morning - two days after making them - and I think the first recipe is nicer (even although it is a thinner brownie) - the second one is a bigger brownie, but a bit drier and the first brownie tastes yummy to me this morning as it has just the right amount of salty and sweet taste. Maybe I should have rather used salted butter in the second recipe as well and skipped the additional salt. Hindsight is often 20-20.

I buy my powdered erythritol from netrition.com: Sensato Erythritol They discontinued the other one, but thankfully have ordered us this new one. I get almost all my low-carb baking ingredients from Netrition for the longest time now. Even with the shipping to Miami, Florida first and then overseas, it pays me to do that. Their prices are very competitive and fair. Processing of orders is amazingly efficient and speedy. Never had a problem!

One might think that the specialty ingredients such as Carbalose flour, etc. are expensive, but not really compared to some other things. For instance, one gets a heck of a lot of "flour" (3 lbs) for $7.99 and when compared to just about anything other than white flour, it's really not so bad. One really has to put things in perspective and to get the most out of our low-carb lifestyle, it is wonderful to have these neat products on hand. My cookbooks mostly use ordinary ingredients, but things like almond flour can also be ordered from Netrition and it is great for a low-carb lifestyle and wonderfully heart healthy. I am so thrilled to have found Netrition, quite frankly. Netrition is a cut above even the normal health food stores available, because they cater to our specific low-carb needs. We ought to show our support, especially in these dismal economic times, so that stores like this continue to do well, and continue to serve our low-carb product needs. Really, we're a very small community now and we have to show some solidarity amongst ourselves.

Hi Jill I'll have to come over to your house. I've run out of crackers! I need to make some more, but have to order more almond flour from Netrition soon, as I've only got a few more packets left. I do grind my own almonds in a pinch, but it's not as nice or as finely ground.

Last edited by Jennifer Eloff; 04-02-2009 at 07:56 AM..
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EssBee
Stats: 135/135/115
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Original: 9/00, Restart 3/15/14
Thanks Jennifer. It's FINALLY pay day tomorrow , and have a planned Netrition order. These brownies (version 1) are on the top of my list. They look so lovely.

Ess
EssBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ess , cool Have a nice day!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Jennifer, I just made the first recipe. I only cooked them 5 minutes. Now, the batter was pretty thick...is it supposed to be? They tasted very good. I might have added a tiny bit too much of the coconut flour, which is like a sponge. I'll see tonight when I have one for dessert.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff View Post

MICROWAVE BROWNIES Easy, gluten-free, fudgey brownie recipes – I could not decide between the two recipes, so provided both recipes. It’s important to make the frosting as together it makes a better tasting brownie. These are even better the next day, after having been refrigerated.

Recipe #1

2 eggs
¾ cup Splenda Granular
¼ cup powdered erythritol
½ cup regular butter, melted
2/3 cup almond flour
½ cup cocoa
2 tbsp coconut flour
Chocolate Frosting:
¾ cup Splenda Granular
1 tbsp water
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp vanilla extract

In food processor, or blender, combine eggs, Splenda Granular, erythritol, melted butter, almond flour, cocoa and coconut floor; process until well combined. Spray 8 x 8-inch glass dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread chocolate batter evenly in dish. Microwave on high 5 to 7 minutes, or until set. Spread frosting over brownies. Refrigerate.

Chocolate Frosting: In blender, combine Splenda Granular, milk powder, whipping cream, erythritol, butter, water, olive oil and vanilla extract; blend. In cereal bowl, place baking chocolate. Pour boiling water over chocolate and pour off when molten. Add to blender; blend until combined.

91.4 calorie; 2.0 g protein; 8.2 g fat; 2.8 g carbs

Recipe #2 (This brownie is thicker and the one seen in the photographs, but the other is more chocolatey and I think possibly nicer tasting than this one – I couldn’t decide! )

3 eggs
¾ cup Splenda Granular
6 tbsp erythritol
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ tsp salt
Frosting (as for recipe #1)

Follow instructions for recipe #1.

90.8 calories; 2.1 g protein; 8.1 g fat; 2.8 g carbs

Helpful Hints: For those who don’t have erythritol, use a few Splenda packets to taste in conjuction with the Splenda Granular, or use your own sweeteners of choice. If you don’t have coconut flour, use oat flour or all almond flour. Do not make more than one batch in the same hour using the microwave oven. It is possible that the microwave oven can overheat. Mine did, but fortunately when it cooled down, it was still working. Feel the outside of the microwave oven to make sure it is not overheating. I'm not sure what happened exactly.
THUD!! I just got home and seen this Jennifer!! I was going to make your CChip Cookies tommorow but on second thought this is going to be it!! 1st recipe to start out with I am going to use Liquid Splenda and add about 1/4 cup of nuts to it...

Jennifer..sounds like your Microwave oven may be going GF...: We had one to do that for about a month before it went out...

More wonderful LC recipes coming too I hope GF!!

HUGS and God Bless!
Christina
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Oh brownie help lol

They look so moist and fudgy.

Jen, today I made your ultimate bake mix the almond flour, oat flour,
version and tweaked with an additiional cup of coconut flour, and
whole wheat flour. I have a big cannister of the best smelling and
tasting low carb flour mix ever. I made the raspberry crumb cake from
this board, I cannot thank the originator as I don't remember 'who done it'
It has a creamed cheese center, a crumb/nut topping and blobs of
sf raspberry jam.

I used two small cake pans and it is looking divine.
This is the original cake. (I subbed your mix for the almond flour here)
LOW CARB RASPBERRY-ALMOND CRUMB CAKE
3 1/2 ounces almond flour, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
1/3 cup granular Splenda * (I use Kevin's sugar sub.)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
1/2-teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
3 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/8-teaspoon almond extract
1 egg white
1/3-cup sugar free raspberry jam (or flavor of your choice)
3/4 ounce sliced almonds, 2 tablespoons
In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, 1/3 cup granular Splenda and salt; cut in butter until you get coarse crumbs. Reserve 1/2 crumb mixture for topping and keep chilled until needed.
To remaining nut mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and whole egg. Beat on medium speed with mixer until blended. Spread in greased 8-inch round cake pan.
In same mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons granular Splenda (or 1/4 teaspoon liquid), almond extract and egg white on medium speed until smooth. Spread evenly over batter in pan. Top with dollops of jam. Sprinkle reserved topping and sliced almonds over the top. Bake at 350º 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool before serving.
Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen
* Granular Splenda is required here. Liquid would not get evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
With sugar free jam and granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 234 Calories; 21g Fat; 6g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs
Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my, Barbo, you are a gutsy and a talented lady playing with the bake mix and coming up with something so good and so nice-smelling! I'm sure your cake was super! It sounds like you're doing moderate carbs these days. I can do that too, normally, but I'm trying so hard to lose a few pounds and its a pain in the....never mind!

Carolyn the batter is somewhat thick, yes, but it sounds like yours was really, really thick? Do I have the right coconut flour? - it is from Netrition and the brand is Aloha Nu. Why I ask is when I made Lauren's Banana muffins my batter was so liquidy and I'm not sure why or if it was meant to be that way? Anyway, I added more "flour" ingredients to make it look like a muffin batter - but now after you said that about the brownie batter, I'm thinking I have a coconut flour that is alien and does not soak up a thing? LOL
Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Quote:
Oh my, Barbo, you are a gutsy and a talented lady playing with the bake mix and coming up with something so good and so nice-smelling! I'm sure your cake was super! It sounds like you're doing moderate carbs these days. I can do that too, normally, but I'm trying so hard to lose a few pounds and its a pain in the....never mind!

Carolyn the batter is somewhat thick, yes, but it sounds like yours was really, really thick? Do I have the right coconut flour? - it is from Netrition and the brand is Aloha Nu. Why I ask is when I made Lauren's Banana muffins my batter was so liquidy and I'm not sure why or if it was meant to be that way? Anyway, I added more "flour" ingredients to make it look like a muffin batter - but now after you said that about the brownie batter, I'm thinking I have a coconut flour that is alien and does not soak up a thing? LOL
Interesting Jennifer! I have never used anything besides Tropical Traditions and Bob's Red Mill (lately). They absorb water like CRAZY. The Aloha Nu must have a different fat content. It it extremely fine and silky and powdery? The brands I mentioned are ground like powdered sugar.
jacksmixedtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, Lauren, my latest batch (not the previous one) is as you describe - real fine and powdery. Please, please put me out of my misery. Please describe how the batter of your banana muffin recipe should look. Was it okay to be liquidy? Maybe my eggs were too large or maybe I used too much banana. Maybe that's what it was.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fourstubbs
Stats: 225/220/142.3/135
WOE: IDEAL PROTEIN
Start Date: Restart July 2012
O...MY...GOSH.

THOSE ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christina and Peter - your "thuds" made me laugh. I have never "heard" a thud on a thread before. I hope you are wrong about my microwave oven, Christina.

Beautiful? I had to look again, Fourstubbs - thanks!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Quote:
Yes, Lauren, my latest batch (not the previous one) is as you describe - real fine and powdery. Please, please put me out of my misery. Please describe how the batter of your banana muffin recipe should look. Was it okay to be liquidy? Maybe my eggs were too large or maybe I used too much banana. Maybe that's what it was.
Sorry Jennifer, I am no help as I don't tend to make a recipe ever again after blogging about it, LOL. As long as it was 3/4 cup banana and large eggs, it should have been fine.

I am going to try your brownies when I can save up for some erythritol, haha! Sounds like instant gratification. I don't know if I could get 25 servings out of an 8 by 8 though, LOL. Brownie lover here! Can't wait.
jacksmixedtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fourstubbs
Stats: 225/220/142.3/135
WOE: IDEAL PROTEIN
Start Date: Restart July 2012
yup, they are beeuuutiiiiifuul... Gosh, I don't know if I could get 25 servings out of that either, Jennifer, are you sure you don't mean 2.5 servings per batch? LOL. They really do look good, thanks for posting the recipe.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nanny2Kara
Stats: 162/142/130ish
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 16,2007
Those look so delicious!!!
Nanny2Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jlatislaw
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 18, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
They look so moist and fudgy.

Jen, today I made your ultimate bake mix the almond flour, oat flour,
version and tweaked with an additiional cup of coconut flour, and
whole wheat flour. I have a big cannister of the best smelling and
tasting low carb flour mix ever. I made the raspberry crumb cake from
this board, I cannot thank the originator as I don't remember 'who done it'
It has a creamed cheese center, a crumb/nut topping and blobs of
sf raspberry jam.
Barbo, the "creator" was CarolynF. Here's a link: (post #7)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post11490927

Last edited by jlatislaw; 04-02-2009 at 09:35 PM..
jlatislaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
thank you thank you

CarolynF. that is one mighty fine tasting crumb cheese cake.
It had four layers...bottom, cream cheese, raspberries, and nut topping.
OMG we almost went "Thud" when we tasted it. I had made it before
when I first came to LCF with the almond flour and liked it a lot.
Then today I decided to try it with Jen's Ultimate Bake Mix.
It is divine. No one EVER would think it was anything but a fine
Viennese coffee cake.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:45 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
Oh yum! These look fabulous!!
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:54 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSugarGrams
Stats: 178/162/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: June 2004
Are the pictures of the same recipe #1?

They both look the same. Can't tell.

I will have to try this!

It is so nice to have a 'treat' when the rest of the family is
eating their treat!!

Thank you so much for sharing!
NoSugarGrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:56 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: petedc8
WOE: diabetic
Start Date: 1/1/09
brownies on the way

Dear Jennifer--I'm going to try these today. They look great! Last week I made some flaxseed "brownies" from a different website, and although healthy, I found them to taste like clover or alfalfa-- a very poor substitute for brownies. Reading over the list of ingredients for your recipe, I can see a winner already! Let me say in advance, thank you and God bless people like you, who have given us our hope back!! pete
petedc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:24 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
That is interesting about coconut flour being "different". I can get Bob's Red Mill locally..
The brownie batter was like frosting in texture. The brownies were very good..maybe a tad dry, so I will actually "measure" the coconut flour next time..LOLOL..

I love that coffee cake......Anything with almond flour and cream cheese is my favorite.
Thanks for the "tweak" Barbo.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bwylde
Stats: (405 highest) 385/365/200
WOE: Low Carb, TOPS
Start Date: January 2014
Wait, I didn't even notice it was 25 servings, lol! I never could figure out why brownie servings were always so small! I can't even cut them that little let alone be satisfied
bwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy, this thread has grown, and now I'm a bit embarrassed. :blush: This is not my best brownie recipe, but they are indeed quick and easy and that's what I like about them.

Pete, that is funny - brownies that taste like clover or alfafa - hopefully, you were the only one that experienced that. I can't promise you will like these, but I hope so. Thank you for your kind words. God bless you too.

Carolyn, if you were to replace the coconut flour with something else maybe such as Carbalose flour (flavor will be masked by the cocoa) or whole wheat pastry flour or 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten - these could be more moist. I wonder how Kevin's cake and cookie mix (one with Carbalose flour - I thought it was good) would work here instead of the almond and coconut flours? Hmm, texture of your batter sounds about right though. There is a possibility that my coconut flour is different to the other brands that you and Lauren mentioned that soak up moisture like crazy (I really didn't notice that). Make sure not to overcook the brownies - try cooking them a little less perhaps - they will set up in the refrigerator even if the center is not set.

Thanks, Lauren, I'm so sorry for being such a pain. You won't believe it - during the night last night I was dreaming about making your banana muffins again!!

NoSugarGrams those are both pics of the recipe #2, which I found to be a little more bitter in aftertaste in hindsight (almond flour, cocoa, coconut flour, peanut butter and vegetable gums will all cut the sweetness somewhat where low-carb sweeteners are concerned). I think recipe #1, although a slightly thinner brownie, tastes better to me, again in hindsight. The frosting really makes them and they taste better after being refrigerated. I like the salted butter in them and even adding a little more salt - 1/8 tsp - will enhance that salty and sweet taste. Hmm, I feel like making some more now.

Okay, for those squealing about the serving size being too small - by the way, it is usually 25 servings or 16 servings for an 8 x 8 inch square dish of brownies - that's normal. At 16 servings, add 1.5 g carbs for the square - or have two squares of the 25 serving divisions! I myself tend to sliver away at the brownies (without cutting them into squares necessarily) and my conscience is totally unaware of exactly how much I have eaten! Isn't that awful?!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

RECIPE #3 (More moist and sweeter)

Recipe #3

3 eggs
8 to 12 Splenda packets (to taste), or 3/4 cup Splenda Granular
1/2 cup powdered erythritol, or 1/3 cup powdered erythritol
1/4 cup regular butter, melted
1/4 cup mild-tasting olive oil or coconut oil
2/3 cup almond flour
½ cup cocoa
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
Chocolate Frosting:
¾ cup Splenda Granular
1 tbsp water
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp vanilla extract

In food processor, or blender, combine eggs, Splenda Granular, erythritol, melted butter, olive oil, almond flour, cocoa, coconut flour and salt; process until well combined. Spray 8 x 8-inch glass dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread chocolate batter evenly in dish. Microwave on high 5 to 7 minutes, or until set. Spread frosting over brownies. Refrigerate.

93.2 calories; 2.3 g protein; 8.4 g fat; 2.5 g carbs

With 3/4 cup Splenda Granular and 1/3 cup erythritol: 2.9 g carbs

Helpful Hint: If the brownies do not cook or set completely in the center, don't worry about it. It will set in the refrigerator - it will just be more fudgey in the center. I put a coffee cup filled with water and a toothpick in it (to prevent water overheating and exploding) next to the brownie dish, and this prevents the microwave oven from overheating, I think.

Last edited by Jennifer Eloff; 04-03-2009 at 03:30 PM..
Old 04-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Basically, this recipe is evolving and hopefully getting better as a result. If anyone does do something different and is thrilled with their particular result - feel free to share. I'm always playing with recipes, so I certainly understand that mindset.

Last edited by Jennifer Eloff; 04-03-2009 at 03:28 PM..