Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: libbysmom
Stats: 226/217/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/25/09
What would you use for today for " WPI" in older recipes?

Last night I was looking through my binder of recipes that I have collected off this board over the years and I am wondering what I should use for the "WPI" that is called for in some of these older baking recipes. I know today Kevin uses WPI 5000 and WPI 8000 in his "flour", but do they work like WPI? I have one recipe for chocolate chip cookies that calls for WPI, Chef's Blend Flour, and a combo of Diabeta Sweet and Steele's brown sugar, but 2 of the last three ingredients are know longer being produced that I know of. And before you ask---yes I have been collecting for years (some back to 2002 and 2003) and not acting on what I know to be true--low carb works. At least I have come to my senses now!

Thanks!
Leigh
libbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #2

Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Leigh, it depends on what the poster meant by WPI. People use WPI as an abbreviation for Wheat Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Isolate.
If you decide they are talking about Whey Protein Isolate then almost any LC flour will sub for it and give you a similar result. If though they meant Wheat Protein Isolate it may be a bit trickier to decide on what to sub.

HTH
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: libbysmom
Stats: 226/217/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/25/09
Thanks Kevin! It means Wheat Protein Isolate and I looked at one if Linda's recipes and the updated version says wheat protein isolate 5000. I guess that answers my question. Should have checked out Linda's updates first.
libbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #4

Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
One thing I forgot to mention is depending on how old a recipe is it may be using Wheat protein isolate that they bought from Jenna. I believe the WPI that she used to sell was a WPI6000 which is like a cross between WPI5000 and WPI8000.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote