Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
erythritol question

I am dying to make the banana muffins just posted.....is there anywhere to buy erythritol other than online? Healthfood store? Trader Joes? point me where I can go tonight and buy it!
Terra2721 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dizneegirl
If you have a good health food store, you might be able to find it there. I've found xylitol, sorbitol and erythritol at a couple of my local health food stores.
dizneegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mule_Freak
Stats: 145/125-130/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Oct. 2003
Were at Dizneegirl? I live in Ohio and would LOVE to find some erythritol, I have all the other sweetners.
Oh by the way I live in the more central Ohio area, north of Columbus, Thanks for any help
Mule_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoniBGoode
Stats: 21 lbs gone forever!
WOE: Almost Atkins
Start Date: Aug. 21, 2008
Whole Foods sells granular erythritol under the brand name True Zero -- but it's pricey. Much cheaper to buy it online from Emerald Forest.

I haven't found powdered erythritol anywhere but Netrition.
JoniBGoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dizneegirl
I used to live down closer to Dayton... there's a health food/vitamin store in Fairborn that carried a lot of alternative products - flours, sugar subs, etc.

There's a HUGE health food store in Centerville, near the Dayton Mall called Healthy Alternatives. They have a whole section (or at least did before they changed locations) devoted to low-carb eating/baking. A big refrigerated room with goodies like alternative flours, coconut, nuts, etc., too. They have a website (healthyalternativemarkets - looks like they've opened a couple more locations now), you could always email to see if they actually have it in stock. If you feel like making a trip, it's only an hour or so down 70/675. If you want to make a day trip, head to Cincinnati and visit Jungle Jim's - THAT'S a trip!

We're up in the west-central region now - I haven't actually looked for anywhere there (Dublin/Columbus) yet (I still have a pretty good stockpile. LOL!).