Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bobo36us
Stats: 248/181/165
WOE: EAT, DRINK, & BE MERRY!!!!!!!
Start Date: 09/08/08
Fruit Pizza, only 5 carbs, HUSBAND & KID friendy, PICS

Fruit pizza was ALWAYS one of my favorite desserts! If you have never tried it, you absolutely must! Here is a low carb version, but I swear you would NEVER know it! Your husbands and children will love this!!!!

Each bite tastes like a different flavored cheesecake.

I know, I know, you are all looking at this fruit thinking there is no way I could eat that much fruit on my level of Atkins, right? Well guess what, ALL, and I do mean ALL, of that fruit you see in the pictures is only 110 calories, and just 23 carbs (less than 2 carbs per slice!). Every single gram has been accurately measured on my electronic scale, and verified by ******.

By the way, this is also 84.4% fat for those of you on Banta, or fat fasting! (Check your program parameters)

Here is the finished pizza. Step by step pics are below, with reviews!

This is so simple! Mix 2 cups almond flour, 1 stick butter, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup sweetener blend.

Spread into 10" pan and bake for 15 minutes. Cool at room temp, or in freezer.

Mix 10 ounces cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup sweetener mix.

Spread mixture onto crust, and bake in water bath at 325 for 35 minutes. (the picture doesn't show it very well, but the entire cheesecake is "floating" in about 1/2 inch of water) this is what is meant by water bath.

Here it is fully cooked. Don't let it brown, just look for it to have a "dry" look. Cool at room temp, or in freezer.

Top with your favorite fruits. You are DONE!!! How simple was that????

Cut into 12 slices.

Enjoy.

(OPTIONAL) Share with a friend.

REVIEWS:

Myself: Love it! Can't really tell the difference from the non low carb version.

Wife: Love it! Just a tad too sweet.

Friend: Love it! Did not taste low carb at all. Coconut might taste good in here.

This is absolutely AWESOME as is, but I agree with my friend. Some toasted coconut might be good sprinkled on top, or maybe just a tablespoon of coconut oil in the crust.

Here is the nutritional info:

2 Cups Almond Flour...............1280 calories........24 carbs.......112 fat.......48 protein
10 ounces Cream Cheese..........990 calories.......7.5 carbs.........99 fat.......21 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4)carbs..........5 fat........6 protein
1 stick Butter..........................814 calories.........0 carbs.........93 fat........1 protein
Mandarin Oranges (100grams)......38 calories.........8 carbs..........0 fat.........1 protein
Strawberries (78 grams)..............25 calories......4.5 carbs..........0 fat......(.5) protein
Blueberries (42 grams)................24 calories.........5 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Pineapple (49 grams)..................23 calories......5.5 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Sweetener Blend.......................60 calories.......4.3 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals..................................3325 calories.....59.2 carbs.......309 fat.....77.5 protein

Per serving (12 slices)..............277 calories.........5 carbs.........26 fat........6.5 protein

Here are a few more tips:

1) The crust and the filling both call for 1/2 cup sweetener. I thought it was perfect, but I like things really sweet. You might want to start with 1/3 cup for each, and sweeten to taste. Remember, you can always add, but you can never take away

2)This is my preferred sweetener blend: (1) Cup Erythritol, (1) Splenda Quick Pack, and (1/4) Teaspoon Stevia. It is a well known fact on here that combining sweeteners has a synergenic effect, to where the total sweetness adds up to well over the sum total of the individual sweeteners. For example, 1 + 1 + 1 = 5

3) I'll bet this would also turn out really well in a no-bake version. Simply eliminate the egg from the crust and the filling. Add water, oil, or butter instead for consistency, and save the baking and cooling times.

4) I used 10 ounces of cream cheese because that is what I had on hand. You could probably use as little as 8 ounces, or as much as 16 ounces.

Last edited by bobo36us; 10-11-2008 at 09:33 PM..
bobo36us is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Shimmer
Stats: 245/229/140...22/16/12
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/1/01
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]WOW, this looks scrumptious! Love all the photos! This would be a great potluck offering, thanks for sharing.[/COLOR]
Shimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DEEDLYNN
BOBO--I've been waiting for another picture show and this one was perfect. Looks divine.

Thanks,
Dee
DEEDLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Dee............it's 1:00 am, what are you still doing up, have you been out drinking? No, wait, ........that was me

I just love free days!

Btw, did you ever make your stuffed peppers?

Bob
Old 10-12-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
Purgatory escapee

Gallery: DeltaSierra
Stats: Too much/Still too much/Perfect
That looks un-freaking-believably delicious!!
DeltaSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:12 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enelkay
Stats: 206/145/back to 162/now 145 again
WOE: Moderately low-carb and mostly gluten-free.
Start Date: 11/98 LC; 4/07 GF. Now moderate carb & low gluten
OMG! That looks terrific! I can't wait to have an occasion to make it. (It's obviously too much for just my husband and me.)

I do have a question, though. Usually a water bath means you put the pan in a larger pan with water in it. Your directions say "Spread mixture onto crust, and bake in water bath at 325 for 35 minutes. (the picture doesn't show it very well, but the entire cheesecake is "floating" in about 1/2 inch of water) this is what is meant by water bath." Does that really mean that the water is in the same pan with the crust? That's what it sounds like to me, but I'm afraid to try it without having that verified.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
enelkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:23 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: auntiesocial
Stats: fat --- 5'1"
WOE: figuring it out all the time.
Start Date: originally 6/06... restarted 1/01/14
Oh man, that looks freaking AWESOME.
auntiesocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo36us View Post
Dee............it's 1:00 am, what are you still doing up, have you been out drinking? No, wait, ........that was me

I just love free days!

Btw, did you ever make your stuffed peppers?

Bob

Bob...you so busted me....euchre and tequila night..... That's why my 1:00 am posts were so short and sweet. Didn't want to have any typos....lol.

Yep...I did make the stuffed peppers last week and they were GOOD!!!!

Love the ideas....this one is going on the list.

Thanks,
Dee
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkcadillac
Stats: 150/134/125
Start Date: March /04
wow, that's beautiful
pinkcadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

elenkay..................the water is in the larger pan, not actually in with the crust. In the picture below, the larger pan is about 1/2 deep. It is filled about halfway up (1/4 inch) with water. You just can't see it in the pic because the water is clear, but there is about 10 to 12 ounces of water floating in the larger pan.

Then you wrap the smaller pan in foil so that the water doesn't leak through to the crust. This is only if you are using a two piece spring form pan like I did. If I didn't wrap it in foil, the water would have leaked through the seam of the pan and made my crust soggy.

If you were using a one piece pan, like a pie pan, you wouldn't need to put the foil around it, you could simply put the pan directly in the water.

Also, this will easily keep in the refrigerator for at least a week. So if you and your husband each enjoy just one piece per day, it will be all gone in just six days.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by bobo36us; 10-12-2008 at 06:14 AM..
Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tinkabelle
Stats: size 24/size 20/size 8
WOE: Atkins !
Start Date: Sept 2008
that looks like a work of art, edible art!
tinkabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfarmer1
Stats: 173/161.5/goal 4 now 140ish
WOE: my own LC
Start Date: restart 8/9/10
The non lowcarb version of this was always my favorite recipe to take to parties... it always impressed everyone...

This looks and sounds awsome. Cant wait to cook it for a party ( too much for just me and my daughter maybe for one of her sleep overs though!)
jfarmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enelkay
Stats: 206/145/back to 162/now 145 again
WOE: Moderately low-carb and mostly gluten-free.
Start Date: 11/98 LC; 4/07 GF. Now moderate carb & low gluten
Quote:
elenkay..................the water is in the larger pan, not actually in with the crust. In the picture below, the larger pan is about 1/2 deep. It is filled about halfway up (1/4 inch) with water. You just can't see it in the pic because the water is clear, but there is about 10 to 12 ounces of water floating in the larger pan.

Then you wrap the smaller pan in foil so that the water doesn't leak through to the crust. This is only if you are using a two piece spring form pan like I did. If I didn't wrap it in foil, the water would have leaked through the seam of the pan and made my crust soggy.

If you were using a one piece pan, like a pie pan, you wouldn't need to put the foil around it, you could simply put the pan directly in the water.

Also, this will easily keep in the refrigerator for at least a week. So if you and your husband each enjoy just one piece per day, it will be all gone in just six days.

Hope this helps.

Oh! OK. Thanks for the explanation. I thought it had to be something like that, but my eyes, at age almost 70, aren't what they used to be and recipes accompanied by pictures sometimes are more of a problem for me than a help.

And also thanks for giving me a good excuse for making it just for my husband and me. I'm putting the things I need for it on my shopping list right now!
enelkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:34 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
Bobo, I love you and want to marry you. You are awesome.
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
It's beautiful! I used to make something like that where the crust was baked but the cream cheese mixture wasn't. I think it was just whipped cream folded into beaten cream cheese.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

how much of each fruit?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:07 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 24Fan
Stats: from 2004 to 2006 lost 118 lbs. Maintaining
WOE: Atkins, low carb maintaining
Start Date: 2004
hey that looks good easy and pretty! thank you for sharing it thru pictures
24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue View Post
It's beautiful! I used to make something like that where the crust was baked but the cream cheese mixture wasn't. I think it was just whipped cream folded into beaten cream cheese.
That's how I made mine too Linda Sue. I have never seen one baked.

Looks Awesome Bobo. Your crust recipe looks amazing. I will try this soon, but may still just mix cream cheese and whipped cream and spread on cooked crust. My original one was made with cream cheese, cool whip and vanilla. I have also folded in instant pudding to the filling before.

Now we need to work on a veggie pizza, that one used crescent rolls for the crust. Cream cheese and ranch for filling and lots of chopped veggies for topping, Some people add cheese.

Fruit pizza is a mainstay of showers, graduation parties, picnics, etc. here in MI. My daughter is in the Air Force in TX. She made it( HC version) for a potluck at the base and no one had ever heard of it. They loved it. She is really finding out how regional food is. She makes things she grew up eating or saw all her life and other airmen are amazed at her creativity having never heard of alot of the things she brings. Of course that may be because she is one of the few that actually cooks

Last edited by shadowzip; 10-12-2008 at 07:13 AM..
shadowzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Dee................I always knew you were a big ol' boozer
A quality I very much admire in a woman

jfarmer.............this has always been a big party hit here too. It's a very unique dessert, and I've yet to meet a person that didn't love the regular version.

BABSY...............I used about 1 1/2 ounces of Blueberries, 1 1/2 ounces of Pineapple, 3 ounces of Strawberries, and 4 ounces of Mandarin Oranges. The calorie and carb counts are below the pics in the original post. But you can use whatever your favorite fruits are.

Don't put on Blueberries if you don't like them, or can't find good ones. Use twice as much Pineapple, and less Strawberries if you really like Pineapple. I have also added grapes and kiwis before. You could also add raspberries or blackberries.

Weigh the fruit out and enter it into ****** if you want to know exactly what your toppings add up to. You can see from the pic above though that the fruit is kind of self-limiting on carbs, there simply isn't room to add any more. So if you didn't want to do any counting or weighing at all, just remember that the pizza above, LOADED with fruit, only has 23 fruit carbs.

Just wanted to say congrats on your amazing loss too. You have a really pretty face. Are you really 30 pounds under goal?

As far as the marriage thing.........I always wondered what MCKinney looked like this time of year

LindaSue, 24fan.....................yea, this is super easy and hard to mess up. The filling could EASILY be no bake without the egg. Possibly even the crust.

shadowzip....................you mentioned whipped cream, how does this sound.......
cream cheese base with whipped cream topping,
topped with strawberry, pineapple, banana, and toasted cocunut!!!

YUMMY!!!! Have you ever had a Hawaiian Blizzard at Dairy Queen???

As far as the veggie pizza, you might be able to adapt this recipe: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...414-pizza.html

Everybody...............this also makes a great breakfast! I just love waking up to something sweet sometimes (a nice change from bacon and eggs every day).

Last edited by bobo36us; 10-12-2008 at 08:13 AM..
Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

BIG CORRECTION EVERYBODY............THERE IS NO EGG IN THE CRUST!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING WHEN I WROTE THAT!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Very cool, Bobo! That looks so yummy and easy.
jacksmixedtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:20 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
BIG CORRECTION EVERYBODY............THERE IS NO EGG IN THE CRUST!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING WHEN I WROTE THAT!

It was the DRINKIN' THINKIN' that caused that. LOL. Now...I admitted my tequila night. What were you having when you wrote that recipe....let me guess. a Jack and Diet kinda guy......certainly it couldn't have been Wild Turkey. Inquiring minds wanna know!

Dee
Old 10-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: texasangel
Stats: 190/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/1/13
Thanks for sharing your amazing recipes! It looks awesome!
texasangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Lauren..................The recipe is actually about 95% yours!!!!! I was looking at your 'Blueberry Cheesecake Bars', and it reminded me of the fruit pizza I used to make.

Your website is AWESOME, and very informative. I also LOVE all the pics, but couldn't find one of you anywhere??? 5'11" and 140pounds............HAWT !!!

Your desserts are INCREDIBLE! I will probably try a few of them, starting with your Blueberry Muffins next!!!

Everybody......................If you haven't checked out Laurens goodies yet (lol), you can find them here: Healthy Indulgences

Dee......................Bacardi and Diet is my poison of choice

Also LOVE Sambuka shots, but usually don't indulge on low carb because of all the sugar

Yes, posting mistakes can happen easily after one has had a few (so I've heard)

This was todays lunch. If anyone here hasn't tried the Broiled Skillet Pizza yet, you really should
I have been adding fresh tomatoes lately, it adds an unbelievably fresh tomato flavor.
I made one of these for a non low carber yesterday, and he said it was actually one of the best, freshest pizzas he's ever tasted.

Last edited by bobo36us; 10-12-2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old 10-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #25

Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
Start Date: April 2004
Looks great will have to try it but will not eat mandarin oranges or pineapple. To carby for me. I will stick to berries instead. Thanks for sharing.
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjack1
Quote:
Bobo, I love you and want to marry you. You are awesome.
Excuse me Babsy.... I have first dibs on Bobo per the chocolate chip cookie recipe post.
cjack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #27

Gallery: AllieCat0817
Stats: 213.5/142/137
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: 5/23/03
That is lovely! Keep em comin. I LOVE the pix.
AllieCat0817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack1 View Post
Excuse me Babsy.... I have first dibs on Bobo per the chocolate chip cookie recipe post.
well, first of all I liked him most cuz he is gorgeous and then all the wonderful recipes is a plus.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dee................I always knew you were a big ol' boozer
A quality I very much admire in a woman

jfarmer.............this has always been a big party hit here too. It's a very unique dessert, and I've yet to meet a person that didn't love the regular version.

BABSY...............I used about 1 1/2 ounces of Blueberries, 1 1/2 ounces of Pineapple, 3 ounces of Strawberries, and 4 ounces of Mandarin Oranges. The calorie and carb counts are below the pics in the original post. But you can use whatever your favorite fruits are.

Don't put on Blueberries if you don't like them, or can't find good ones. Use twice as much Pineapple, and less Strawberries if you really like Pineapple. I have also added grapes and kiwis before. You could also add raspberries or blackberries.

Weigh the fruit out and enter it into ****** if you want to know exactly what your toppings add up to. You can see from the pic above though that the fruit is kind of self-limiting on carbs, there simply isn't room to add any more. So if you didn't want to do any counting or weighing at all, just remember that the pizza above, LOADED with fruit, only has 23 fruit carbs.

Just wanted to say congrats on your amazing loss too. You have a really pretty face. Are you really 30 pounds under goal?

As far as the marriage thing.........I always wondered what MCKinney looked like this time of year

LindaSue, 24fan.....................yea, this is super easy and hard to mess up. The filling could EASILY be no bake without the egg. Possibly even the crust.

shadowzip....................you mentioned whipped cream, how does this sound.......
cream cheese base with whipped cream topping,
topped with strawberry, pineapple, banana, and toasted cocunut!!!

YUMMY!!!! Have you ever had a Hawaiian Blizzard at Dairy Queen???

As far as the veggie pizza, you might be able to adapt this recipe: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...414-pizza.html

Everybody...............this also makes a great breakfast! I just love waking up to something sweet sometimes (a nice change from bacon and eggs every day).

thanks Bobo. No I am not under goal. What I was meaning there was my highest weight at 236 then I got down to 149 and now I am back up to 179.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 PM   #30
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Looks fantastic! I'm going to have to make this soon!
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote