Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Pumpkin Shake Recipe inside

I was looking for something with pumpkin and came up with this idea.
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 TBSP cream
1 egg
1 scoop vanilla whey
2 tbsp flax
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
ice cubes
Blend
This turned out very nice.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,153
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i want to make a pumpkin egg cream with coconut milk soon but i just don't want it to turn out gross lol
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
i want to make a pumpkin egg cream with coconut milk soon but i just don't want it to turn out gross lol

OOHHHH this was so good.Just finished it.It was also very filling,Im so full.Probably will replace dinner tonight.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,549
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'll try to give that a go. I will likely up the cream a bit though :blush: and probably throw in an egg.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'll try to give that a go. I will likely up the cream a bit though :blush: and probably throw in an egg.

Mine had an egg and I did use extra creamLOL.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CurlsNCuffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 11,557
Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2, 2003
Wish I could do these - but, the calories are so high for me!
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
PghPALady1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PITTSBURGH PA
Posts: 4,462
Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]What size can of pumpkin? I have the super big one and I really doubt that's what you used![/COLOR]
PghPALady1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Posts: 981
Gallery: Sandi76
Stats: 236/214.5/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 15th 2008
I have made a standard egg cream and just thrown in a scoop of pumpkin. Very good.
Sandi76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversunfire View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]What size can of pumpkin? I have the super big one and I really doubt that's what you used![/COLOR]

1/3 of a small can.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlsNCuffs View Post
Wish I could do these - but, the calories are so high for me!
Why not as a replacement meal??
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!
 
DiamondDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 74,855
Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I was looking for something with pumpkin and came up with this idea.
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 TBSP cream
1 egg
1 scoop vanilla whey
2 tbsp flax
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
ice cubes
Blend
This turned out very nice.
I make pumpkin protein shakes, too. I use a simpler recipe than you. Very nice treat.

I'd like to suggest you try making pumpkin ice cubes. You can eliminate the extra ice and it really makes of a good, thick shake.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!
 
DiamondDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 74,855
Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
This version has fewer calories...

[COLOR=orangered] Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake:[/COLOR]

Water (start with a little and add more until you're got the consistency desired)
1 serving whey protein powder (add this last)
2 blocks of frozen pumpkin (ice cube size)
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t sugar free maple syrup or maple extract to taste (optional)
stevia or other sweetener
pinch of salt. (optional)

You can add a little cream or an ounce of cream cheese, etc. if you like. These can easily be adjusted for just about everyone.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kaimi2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fort Gordon, Georgia
Posts: 11,669
Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 198.8/176.6/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Jenny Craig
Start Date: July 11, 2014
I can't imagine eating a raw egg. Can I leave it out and enojoy?
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,601
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
DiamondDeb, you're the master of the protein shakes! I printed out several of your recipes years ago and I LOVE them. I pass them on to others frequently. I haven't tried the pumpkin ice cubes yet, but that sounds good.

Kaimi2008, you don't need an egg for a good shake, but it wouldn't hurt you, either.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Posts: 981
Gallery: Sandi76
Stats: 236/214.5/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 15th 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi2008 View Post
I can't imagine eating a raw egg. Can I leave it out and enojoy?
I felt the same way, but was desperate for something fast for lunch, as lunch was SUCH a struggle for me. You can NOT taste the egg.
Sandi76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
bekki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Posts: 2,481
Gallery: bekki1
Stats: 172.1/156.2/150
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 4/9/12
pumpkin cubes/ tell me more please
bekki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 16,048
Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
i want to make a pumpkin egg cream with coconut milk soon but i just don't want it to turn out gross lol
Come on chickie! You can do it! they're good!
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #18
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!
 
DiamondDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 74,855
Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekki1 View Post
pumpkin cubes/ tell me more please
Take a can of pumpkin & divide it up in an ice cube tray & freeze it. Use 2-3 when making the shake. Store the extras in a baggy in the freezer.

Do the same with coconut milk & add to shakes.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #19
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,153
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i tried pumpkin in my egg cream and it wasnt great..wasnt bad but wasnt great.... so i think i'm over it now. sticking to simple recipes
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
bobo36us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 301
Gallery: bobo36us
Stats: 248/181/165
WOE: EAT, DRINK, & BE MERRY!!!!!!!
Start Date: 09/08/08
Thanks Kimberli & DiamondDeb!!!

Everybody.................This tastes EXACTLY like a pumpkin pie, AND has the consistency of a regular milk shake!!!

Deb, thanks for the tip on freezing the pumpkin. I also froze the heavy cream. With those two ingredients frozen, there is no need for additional ice cubes.

I can't stress this enough, pre-freezing the ingredients makes all the difference! I never did like the ice chunks in ANY of these shakes made with regular ice, no matter how small the ice chips were.

This is very creamy, very smooth, and tastes EXACTLY like a slice of pumpkin pie.

Another great thing is that there is NO special protein powder in here! There are just a few simple ingredients that you probably all have laying around the kitchen.

About the raw egg, get over it (LOL). Believe me, no one on here could possibly be more disguisted about eating a raw egg in anything than I could be. Believe me, you will NEVER taste it, or even think about it once you taste how good this is!

This also makes a great quick and easy meal replacement, in addition to an after dinner treat.

Nutrition info and more tips below pics.



You can see from the pic how thick and creamy this is. Notice how the straw stands up, and how there are no little ice particles on top.




This is all you will need for the entire recipe! (pumpkin, cream, egg, spice, sweetener, and water) How simple is that???




Just combine all ingredients at once, and blend. Here is a pic of the frozen cream being added.




Here is a pic of the frozen pumpkin being added.




Add the water, mix, and enjoy!!!




Here is the nutritional info:

1/3 Cup Pumpkin.......................26 calories.......2.6 carbs.......(.3) fat.......1.3 protein
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream...............200 calories.......1.7 carbs.........22 fat......1.2 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4) carbs..........5 fat.........6 protein
2 Teaspoons Sweetener Blend.......0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice....0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/2 Cup Water............................0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals....................................297 calories.......4.7 carbs.......27.3 fat.......8.5 protein


This shake is about 83% fat as is, so it would also work out great for you fat fasters, or anyone on Banta.

But, if you want a little more protein, simply throw in a scoop of your favorite vanilla or unflavored protein powder. If you want a little more fiber, add a Tablespoon of flax, you won't even notice it with the strong pumpkin flavor.

If this does NOT taste exactly like a pumpkin pie to you, try adding a little more pumpkin spice or a little more sweetener. You could also try a dash of cinnamon.

This is really quick, really easy, and really tasty!!!

Last edited by bobo36us; 10-13-2008 at 10:36 PM..
bobo36us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,225
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
That is pretty much the exact ingredients that I have been using and yes, it does taste just like pumpkin pie. Love the idea of freezing the cream and pumpkin though, instead of adding ice. I also add about 1/2 cup of Hood's Calorie Countdown milk if I have it on hand.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BABSY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MCKINNEY,TX
Posts: 4,790
Gallery: BABSY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo36us View Post
Everybody.................This tastes EXACTLY like a pumpkin pie, AND has the consistency of a regular milk shake!!!

Deb, thanks for the tip on freezing the pumpkin. I also froze the heavy cream. With those two ingredients frozen, there is no need for additional ice cubes.

I can't stress this enough, pre-freezing the ingredients makes all the difference! I never did like the ice chunks in ANY of these shakes made with regular ice, no matter how small the ice chips were.

This is very creamy, very smooth, and tastes EXACTLY like a slice of pumpkin pie.

Another great thing is that there is NO special protein powder in here! There are just a few simple ingredients that you probably all have laying around the kitchen.

About the raw egg, get over it (LOL). Believe me, no one on here could possibly be more disguisted about eating a raw egg in anything than I could be. Believe me, you will NEVER taste it, or even think about it once you taste how good this is!

This also makes a great quick and easy meal replacement, in addition to an after dinner treat.

Nutrition info and more tips below pics.



You can see from the pic how thick and creamy this is. Notice how the straw stands up, and how there are no little ice particles on top.




This is all you will need for the entire recipe! (pumpkin, cream, egg, spice, sweetener, and water) How simple is that???




Just combine all ingredients at once, and blend. Here is a pic of the frozen cream being added.




Here is a pic of the frozen pumpkin being added.




Add the water, mix, and enjoy!!!




Here is the nutritional info:

1/3 Cup Pumpkin.......................26 calories.......2.6 carbs.......(.3) fat.......1.3 protein
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream...............200 calories.......1.7 carbs.........22 fat......1.2 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4) carbs..........5 fat.........6 protein
2 Teaspoons Sweetener Blend.......0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice....0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/2 Cup Water............................0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals....................................297 calories.......4.7 carbs.......27.3 fat.......8.5 protein


This shake is about 83% fat as is, so it would also work out great for you fat fasters, or anyone on Banta.

But, if you want a little more protein, simply throw in a scoop of your favorite vanilla or unflavored protein powder. If you want a little more fiber, add a Tablespoon of flax, you won't even notice it with the strong pumpkin flavor.

If this does NOT taste exactly like a pumpkin pie to you, try adding a little more pumpkin spice or a little more sweetener. You could also try a dash of cinnamon.

This is really quick, really easy, and really tasty!!!
HE DID IT AGAIN

FYI: thats what my brother used to say when I would spill my drink at the table. Only with a "she"
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sbarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 5,251
Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Yum! I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
jacksmixedtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: going to school in NC
Posts: 3,511
Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Freezing cream? It doesn't separate out and get chunky, huh? Guess it doesn't matter when you're blending it up in a shake, LOL. Fabulous pics again, Bobo! Great idea to freeze the pumpkin and just use that in place of ice.

Last edited by jacksmixedtape; 10-14-2008 at 09:43 AM..
jacksmixedtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
Jody100467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 991
Gallery: Jody100467
Stats: I want to be 140 or less 5ft 3in
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: May 15, 2005 - restart March 1, 2011
How can I make this work for induction? Is the protein powder ok for induction?

Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake:

Water (start with a little and add more until you're got the consistency desired)
1 serving whey protein powder (add this last)
2 blocks of frozen pumpkin (ice cube size)
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t sugar free maple syrup or maple extract to taste (optional)
stevia or other sweetener
pinch of salt. (optional)
Jody100467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
Jody100467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 991
Gallery: Jody100467
Stats: I want to be 140 or less 5ft 3in
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: May 15, 2005 - restart March 1, 2011
bump (why oh why do my posts never seem to get replied to (sniffing arm pits - both left and right....do I smell?)
Jody100467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
bobo36us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 301
Gallery: bobo36us
Stats: 248/181/165
WOE: EAT, DRINK, & BE MERRY!!!!!!!
Start Date: 09/08/08
Hi Jody,

Everything in there looks induction friendly to me.


Most protein powders usually only have 1 to 2 carbs per scoop, so no problem there.

Two cubes of pumpkin are probably pretty close to 1/3 of a cup that I used in my recipe above, and only had about 2.6 carbs

1/4 t pumpkin pie spice, 0 carbs

1 T artificial sweetener, 0 carbs



Based on just those 4 ingredients you asked about, I would say go for it!

By the way, no, you don't smell. I have been out all day. Here is some love for you

Last edited by bobo36us; 10-14-2008 at 06:13 PM..
bobo36us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
Jody100467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 991
Gallery: Jody100467
Stats: I want to be 140 or less 5ft 3in
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: May 15, 2005 - restart March 1, 2011
Thanks bobo. Right back acha!

(did I mention that I am excited about that pumpkin shake? Thank you!)
Jody100467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Tweaker Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,441
Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Jody, I think this would be fine if you're not doing strict induction, but when doing strict induction you pretty much eat only meat, cheese, eggs and a very minimal amount of vegetable. Now don't get up in arms with me anyone, I'm just saying that's the rules for strict 2-week induction. If you are just trying to keep carbs low then I'd say the shake is ok to include in your plan.

Bobo - the shake sounds wonderful!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 81
Gallery: bethjoyce55
Wow, this really does look good. I will be trying this aso, thank you.
bethjoyce55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.