Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Pumpkin Shake Recipe inside (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/580923-pumpkin-shake-recipe-inside.html)

Kimberli33 10-10-2008 03:12 PM

Pumpkin Shake Recipe inside

I was looking for something with pumpkin and came up with this idea.
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 TBSP cream
1 egg
1 scoop vanilla whey
2 tbsp flax
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
ice cubes
Blend
This turned out very nice.:up:

Tyl 10-10-2008 03:15 PM

i want to make a pumpkin egg cream with coconut milk soon but i just don't want it to turn out gross lol

Kimberli33 10-10-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chantyl03 (Post 10976579)
i want to make a pumpkin egg cream with coconut milk soon but i just don't want it to turn out gross lol

OOHHHH this was so good.:love:Just finished it.It was also very filling,Im so full.Probably will replace dinner tonight.

julieboolie 10-10-2008 03:24 PM

I'll try to give that a go. I will likely up the cream a bit though :blush: and probably throw in an egg.

Kimberli33 10-10-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieboolie (Post 10976615)
I'll try to give that a go. I will likely up the cream a bit though :blush: and probably throw in an egg.

Mine had an egg and I did use extra cream:oLOL.

CurlsNCuffs 10-10-2008 04:01 PM

Wish I could do these - but, the calories are so high for me!

PghPALady1974 10-10-2008 07:07 PM

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]What size can of pumpkin? I have the super big one and I really doubt that's what you used!:laugh:[/COLOR]

Sandi76 10-10-2008 07:09 PM

I have made a standard egg cream and just thrown in a scoop of pumpkin. Very good.

Kimberli33 10-10-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversunfire (Post 10977330)
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]What size can of pumpkin? I have the super big one and I really doubt that's what you used!:laugh:[/COLOR]

1/3 of a small can.

Kimberli33 10-10-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlsNCuffs (Post 10976713)
Wish I could do these - but, the calories are so high for me!

Why not as a replacement meal??

DiamondDeb 10-10-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 10976567)
I was looking for something with pumpkin and came up with this idea.
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 TBSP cream
1 egg
1 scoop vanilla whey
2 tbsp flax
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
ice cubes
Blend
This turned out very nice.:up:

I make pumpkin protein shakes, too. I use a simpler recipe than you. Very nice treat. :cool:

I'd like to suggest you try making pumpkin ice cubes. You can eliminate the extra ice and it really makes of a good, thick shake.

DiamondDeb 10-10-2008 09:15 PM

This version has fewer calories...

[COLOR=orangered]Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake:[/COLOR]

Water (start with a little and add more until you're got the consistency desired)
1 serving whey protein powder (add this last)
2 blocks of frozen pumpkin (ice cube size)
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t sugar free maple syrup or maple extract to taste (optional)
stevia or other sweetener
pinch of salt. (optional)

You can add a little cream or an ounce of cream cheese, etc. if you like. These can easily be adjusted for just about everyone.

Kaimi2008 10-10-2008 10:19 PM

I can't imagine eating a raw egg. :sick: Can I leave it out and enojoy? :notwrthy::aprayer:

theredhead 10-11-2008 08:51 AM

DiamondDeb, you're the master of the protein shakes! I printed out several of your recipes years ago and I LOVE them. I pass them on to others frequently. I haven't tried the pumpkin ice cubes yet, but that sounds good.

Kaimi2008, you don't need an egg for a good shake, but it wouldn't hurt you, either. ;)

Sandi76 10-11-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaimi2008 (Post 10977855)
I can't imagine eating a raw egg. :sick: Can I leave it out and enojoy? :notwrthy::aprayer:

I felt the same way, but was desperate for something fast for lunch, as lunch was SUCH a struggle for me. You can NOT taste the egg. ;)

bekki1 10-11-2008 09:45 AM

pumpkin cubes/ tell me more please

fawn 10-11-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chantyl03 (Post 10976579)

Come on chickie! You can do it! they're good!

DiamondDeb 10-11-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 10978831)
pumpkin cubes/ tell me more please

Take a can of pumpkin & divide it up in an ice cube tray & freeze it. Use 2-3 when making the shake. Store the extras in a baggy in the freezer.

Do the same with coconut milk & add to shakes.

Tyl 10-13-2008 09:38 AM

i tried pumpkin in my egg cream and it wasnt great..wasnt bad but wasnt great.... so i think i'm over it now. sticking to simple recipes

bobo36us 10-13-2008 09:49 PM

Thanks Kimberli & DiamondDeb!!!

Everybody.................This tastes EXACTLY like a pumpkin pie, AND has the consistency of a regular milk shake!!!

Deb, thanks for the tip on freezing the pumpkin. I also froze the heavy cream. With those two ingredients frozen, there is no need for additional ice cubes.

I can't stress this enough, pre-freezing the ingredients makes all the difference! I never did like the ice chunks in ANY of these shakes made with regular ice, no matter how small the ice chips were.

This is very creamy, very smooth, and tastes EXACTLY like a slice of pumpkin pie.

Another great thing is that there is NO special protein powder in here! There are just a few simple ingredients that you probably all have laying around the kitchen.

About the raw egg, get over it (LOL). Believe me, no one on here could possibly be more disguisted about eating a raw egg in anything than I could be. Believe me, you will NEVER taste it, or even think about it once you taste how good this is!

This also makes a great quick and easy meal replacement, in addition to an after dinner treat.

Nutrition info and more tips below pics.

You can see from the pic how thick and creamy this is. Notice how the straw stands up, and how there are no little ice particles on top.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...P1010011-2.jpg

This is all you will need for the entire recipe! (pumpkin, cream, egg, spice, sweetener, and water) How simple is that???
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2/P1010004.jpg

Just combine all ingredients at once, and blend. Here is a pic of the frozen cream being added.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...P1010006-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the frozen pumpkin being added.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2/P1010007.jpg

Add the water, mix, and enjoy!!!

Here is the nutritional info:

1/3 Cup Pumpkin.......................26 calories.......2.6 carbs.......(.3) fat.......1.3 protein
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream...............200 calories.......1.7 carbs.........22 fat......1.2 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4) carbs..........5 fat.........6 protein
2 Teaspoons Sweetener Blend.......0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice....0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/2 Cup Water............................0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals....................................297 calories.......4.7 carbs.......27.3 fat.......8.5 protein

This shake is about 83% fat as is, so it would also work out great for you fat fasters, or anyone on Banta.

But, if you want a little more protein, simply throw in a scoop of your favorite vanilla or unflavored protein powder. If you want a little more fiber, add a Tablespoon of flax, you won't even notice it with the strong pumpkin flavor.

If this does NOT taste exactly like a pumpkin pie to you, try adding a little more pumpkin spice or a little more sweetener. You could also try a dash of cinnamon.

This is really quick, really easy, and really tasty!!!

Buffy45 10-14-2008 07:07 AM

That is pretty much the exact ingredients that I have been using and yes, it does taste just like pumpkin pie. Love the idea of freezing the cream and pumpkin though, instead of adding ice. I also add about 1/2 cup of Hood's Calorie Countdown milk if I have it on hand.

BABSY 10-14-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobo36us (Post 10989710)
Everybody.................This tastes EXACTLY like a pumpkin pie, AND has the consistency of a regular milk shake!!!

Deb, thanks for the tip on freezing the pumpkin. I also froze the heavy cream. With those two ingredients frozen, there is no need for additional ice cubes.

I can't stress this enough, pre-freezing the ingredients makes all the difference! I never did like the ice chunks in ANY of these shakes made with regular ice, no matter how small the ice chips were.

This is very creamy, very smooth, and tastes EXACTLY like a slice of pumpkin pie.

Another great thing is that there is NO special protein powder in here! There are just a few simple ingredients that you probably all have laying around the kitchen.

About the raw egg, get over it (LOL). Believe me, no one on here could possibly be more disguisted about eating a raw egg in anything than I could be. Believe me, you will NEVER taste it, or even think about it once you taste how good this is!

This also makes a great quick and easy meal replacement, in addition to an after dinner treat.

Nutrition info and more tips below pics.

You can see from the pic how thick and creamy this is. Notice how the straw stands up, and how there are no little ice particles on top.

This is all you will need for the entire recipe! (pumpkin, cream, egg, spice, sweetener, and water) How simple is that???
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2/P1010004.jpg

Just combine all ingredients at once, and blend. Here is a pic of the frozen cream being added.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...P1010006-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the frozen pumpkin being added.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2/P1010007.jpg

Add the water, mix, and enjoy!!!

Here is the nutritional info:

1/3 Cup Pumpkin.......................26 calories.......2.6 carbs.......(.3) fat.......1.3 protein
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream...............200 calories.......1.7 carbs.........22 fat......1.2 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4) carbs..........5 fat.........6 protein
2 Teaspoons Sweetener Blend.......0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice....0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/2 Cup Water............................0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals....................................297 calories.......4.7 carbs.......27.3 fat.......8.5 protein

This shake is about 83% fat as is, so it would also work out great for you fat fasters, or anyone on Banta.

But, if you want a little more protein, simply throw in a scoop of your favorite vanilla or unflavored protein powder. If you want a little more fiber, add a Tablespoon of flax, you won't even notice it with the strong pumpkin flavor.

If this does NOT taste exactly like a pumpkin pie to you, try adding a little more pumpkin spice or a little more sweetener. You could also try a dash of cinnamon.

This is really quick, really easy, and really tasty!!!

HE DID IT AGAIN:clap:

FYI: thats what my brother used to say when I would spill my drink at the table. Only with a "she":laugh:

sbarr 10-14-2008 09:06 AM

Yum! I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

jacksmixedtape 10-14-2008 09:42 AM

Freezing cream? It doesn't separate out and get chunky, huh? Guess it doesn't matter when you're blending it up in a shake, LOL. Fabulous pics again, Bobo! Great idea to freeze the pumpkin and just use that in place of ice.

Jody100467 10-14-2008 11:23 AM

How can I make this work for induction? Is the protein powder ok for induction?

Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake:

Water (start with a little and add more until you're got the consistency desired)
1 serving whey protein powder (add this last)
2 blocks of frozen pumpkin (ice cube size)
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t sugar free maple syrup or maple extract to taste (optional)
stevia or other sweetener
pinch of salt. (optional)

Jody100467 10-14-2008 05:41 PM

bump (why oh why do my posts never seem to get replied to (sniffing arm pits - both left and right....do I smell?) :dunno:

bobo36us 10-14-2008 06:10 PM

Hi Jody,

Everything in there looks induction friendly to me.

Most protein powders usually only have 1 to 2 carbs per scoop, so no problem there.

Two cubes of pumpkin are probably pretty close to 1/3 of a cup that I used in my recipe above, and only had about 2.6 carbs

1/4 t pumpkin pie spice, 0 carbs

1 T artificial sweetener, 0 carbs

Based on just those 4 ingredients you asked about, I would say go for it!

By the way, no, you don't smell. I have been out all day. Here is some love for you :hugs:

Jody100467 10-15-2008 01:02 PM

:hugs::heart:Thanks bobo. Right back acha!

(did I mention that I am excited about that pumpkin shake? Thank you!)

Tweaker Geek 10-15-2008 04:13 PM

Jody, I think this would be fine if you're not doing strict induction, but when doing strict induction you pretty much eat only meat, cheese, eggs and a very minimal amount of vegetable. Now don't get up in arms with me anyone, I'm just saying that's the rules for strict 2-week induction. If you are just trying to keep carbs low then I'd say the shake is ok to include in your plan.

Bobo - the shake sounds wonderful!

bethjoyce55 10-16-2008 09:17 AM

Wow, this really does look good. I will be trying this aso, thank you.:kicking::clap::clap: