Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Chocolate Bark?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/578745-chocolate-bark.html)

texasfirefighterwife 09-27-2008 06:16 PM

Chocolate Bark??

Tell me about chocolate bark and will someone post the recipe please

andreachurch 09-27-2008 06:53 PM

Go to the recipe room and search it (I think what you're looking for is the coconut bark, made with coconut oil)
If you're looking for tips on it you should definately head over the the recipes discussion area on these boards. There are several whole threads on LC chocolate that you'd get a lot of info from.

skeeweeaka 09-27-2008 06:57 PM

Coconut Bark Recipe...

Here's a recipe that I use...someone else posted it a while back... BTW, I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!:hyst:

[COLOR=#22229c]Coconut Bark Recipe...[/COLOR]

6T [COLOR=#016798]coconut oil[/COLOR]
2T heavy cream
1T butter
1-2 T cocoa powder
3 packs [COLOR=#016798]splenda[/COLOR] (it doesn't need that much though)

Put in freezer to set...:up:

This is a great recipe for PMS....

****Sometimes I use dark chocolate instead of the cocoa powder...:notwrthy:

TJ:heart:

texasfirefighterwife 09-27-2008 07:01 PM

Thanks, doesnt look like it has alot of carbs??

metqa 09-27-2008 07:01 PM

i do a smaller recipe of
4T CO
1.5 T cocoa
5 drops of vanilla extract
2 packets of splenda or to taste

I like to add sprinkles to mine. I put seeds, or Keto Crisp cereal in the bottom of a muffin cup and spoon the cocoa mix over it and freeze it.

I've even coated a wheat bran bar for a kind of twix type candy.:D
I really like putting a little bit of cocoa in the muffin tin, freezing it, then putting a smear of Peanut butter or almond butter on that then pouring more cocoa on top to make a peanut butter cup candy.

metqa 09-27-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfirefighterwife (Post 10919670)
Thanks, doesnt look like it has alot of carbs??

Hmm, I dunno, I never counted, but the CO is fat, so no carbs, the sweetener I use is liquid and carb free, the vanilla extract also carb free, the cocoa I thing is like 3/Tablespoons, but 2 grams of fiber/Tablespoon, so very little carbs except for the junky extras I add to mine.:blush:

Edited to add: I like your avatar!

texasfirefighterwife 09-27-2008 07:15 PM

thanks I want something sweet, ugghhhhh

metqa 09-27-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfirefighterwife (Post 10919707)
thanks I want something sweet, ugghhhhh

have you tried making Cheescake muffins? ;)

texasfirefighterwife 09-27-2008 09:02 PM

uggh no, but they sound yummy

luvdanrs 09-27-2008 09:41 PM

Here is the recipe I found use and LOVE:heart:

6 TBS coconut oil
2 TBS cocoa
3 packets splenda
1 tsp. Vanilla extract

For variety I also add:
Unsweetened coconut flakes or
Crushed macadamia nuts or other or/and
2 TBS melted sugar free Peanut butter (melted in Microwave)

I heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds in the microwave, then mix the rest, place in a flat bottom plastic container and place flat in the freezer. Then I warn EVERYONE to not move the container. If it dont freeze flat you can melt the whole mess in the micro and redo. Then when frozen I break it into smaller pieces and place in a plastic sandwich baggie and keep in the freezer.

So yummy but so harmless on the carb scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:aprayer:thank GOD

texasfirefighterwife 09-28-2008 05:18 AM

iam trying it, just not a huge fan of coconut, but i am trying it!

metqa 09-28-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfirefighterwife (Post 10920474)
iam trying it, just not a huge fan of coconut, but i am trying it!

I'll say this. I HATE COCONUT . . . but I lub me some Coconut Oil Cocoa Bark. I only tried it less than a year ago after 32 years of Coconut Gag Reflex. I still don't like coconut flesh, fresh or dried,but I love to make cocoa bark and cook with the oil now. Coconut oil is a completely different creature from coconut, and I love the oil.

ardawn 09-28-2008 06:34 PM

OMG!!!!! I used this recipe as posted above,but tweaked it to my tastes. It was the BEST ever coconut bark!!!!!!!!!

6T coconut oil
2T heavy cream
1T butter
1-2 T cocoa powder(I used 1 TBS.)
3 tsp xylitol
stevia to taste
1/4 tsp of mint extract
tiny pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

This recipe is amazing!!!!!
I am starting a yeast free woe tomorrow,so in the future I will make this sans heavy cream.(butter is okay though)

luvdanrs 09-29-2008 07:28 PM

you can find coconut oil without the real coconut taste if you get it refined etc....

TNVicki 10-18-2008 08:30 PM

I made this tonight with some peppermint stevia, and it was WONDERFUL! It was just like a chocolate bar. I didn't add the cream, but next time I'm going to add coconut milk to see how that turns out.

Whoever came up with this recipe is an angel!

Atkins Chick 10-19-2008 05:03 AM

I'm going to make some tonight!

Zib 10-20-2008 10:18 AM

I make one with coffee beans and it is yummy. Here's the thread from when I first posted it.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...esso-bark.html

TNVicki 10-20-2008 05:23 PM

Has anyone ever tried this with chocolate protein powder? I was thinking it might add a protein boost!

I'm loving mine! It's sooo good!

metqa 10-21-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNVicki (Post 11018324)
Has anyone ever tried this with chocolate protein powder? I was thinking it might add a protein boost!

I'm loving mine! It's sooo good!

I've heard people use PP to make it thicker and it won't melt as fast while you hold it. I've never added PP, but add high fiber seeds and nuts like hemp, flax, sesame, pumpkin, almond . . . that adds a bit of protein and crunch for me.

TNVicki 11-27-2008 01:04 PM

I made some of this last night but substituted 1 TB coconut milk for 1 of the CO. I also added in a scoop of almond butter. YUMMY! It tastes a little more like a hersheys with almonds and doesn't melt as fast.

kgirlpure 07-23-2013 01:45 PM