Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Can't make an Oopsie? Try a Floopsie! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/573894-cant-make-oopsie-try-floopsie.html)

Margot 65 08-30-2008 09:16 PM

Can't make an Oopsie? Try a Floopsie!

Anyone can make these :)

4 eggs (separated? NAH!!)
4oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2tsp [COLOR="Red"]worth[/COLOR] of sweetener (splenda, stevia.. whatever equivalent)
2TBS coconut flour (I might try almond next...)

blend in magic bullet or blender and pour into a well greased 9x13 pan. there will be small lumps of cheese that's OK.

bake at 300 for 25 minutes

try them with butter OMG they don't need anything else.. it tastes a wee bit like cornbread, but smooth. SF Jam would be wonderful, even whipped cream and strawberries.

or leave out the sweet and make them into bread for sandwiches. I will leave them overnight and see how they hold up in the am for breakfast. I think they would have to be cooked longer if they are going to hold up to a burger though?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...loopsie002.jpg

Here is the nutritional info for one recipe, be sure to add carbs if using splenda packets:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/469026/0004.gif

Enza 08-30-2008 09:21 PM

hey Prozak, those look good, I gotinto trouble with the oopsies before so I'm gonna wait 2 weeks & try yours, maybe without c flout tho..by the way you look great & your kids are beautiful

Margot 65 08-30-2008 09:33 PM

I bet you could make them with

1 egg
1oz cream cheese
dash salt
dash sweet
2tsp coconut flour (if you wanted.. I like the bulk in it)

blend and cook like a pancake.

That way there is no worry about portion control.

I also realized we probably don't need the cream of tartar now...

Coconut flour is probably available at your health food store, or Bob's Red Mill makes almond flour...

and thanks! I think my kids are pretty cute too :)

The avi, I am only 7lbs away!! (that was taken before I knew I was pregnant Dec 06)

Enza 08-30-2008 09:42 PM

good for you Prozak, it's good to know there are cool people like you on this site.

Jake 08-30-2008 10:12 PM

tag

Zer 08-30-2008 11:30 PM

Tastes like cornbread? Now THAT catches my interest! Just eggs and cream cheese and coconut flour - or maybe nut flour? - and baked in a dish? I've heard that hazlenut flour tastes a bit like cornmeal in a recipe. Um...nummy!

Naz 08-31-2008 04:38 AM

Hey, I love anything with just a few ingredients and 1 pan! I am going to try these.

AnDee 08-31-2008 08:02 AM

[COLOR="Navy"]Prozak, this is brilliant! I have no problem with making perfect ooopsie rolls, but I'd love simply use my Magic Bullet and not have to use my handmixer for about 7-8 minutes to whip the egg whites.
Tomorrow morning for breakfast I'm going to try and do a pancake, and also add the coconut flour or hazel nut flour (I bought a bag of hazel nut flour because I'm deathly allergic to almond flour) and have not used it once. Time to celebrate by using it tomorrow morning. :up:

Thanks again for this new creative recipe! :high5: Anne

[/COLOR]

RealFoodLiving 08-31-2008 08:17 AM

Oh my!!

I flopped at Ooooppsies. I just could not get them right.

This sounds right up my alley!

Prozak, have you tried it with the almond flour? I don't have coconut flour. What about flax meal?

Thanks!

Margot 65 08-31-2008 08:27 AM

I will try coconut flour today MG..

AnDee, it was because I tried to make the whites in the magic bullet and the flopped! I hate to waste food :)

They are really quite good this morning, a bit sweeter than I like and not flaky like the oopsies.. but they hold up to butter and jam nicely. Very moist and really DOES have a cornbread type flavor.

These are really simple!

Tooter 08-31-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainGirl (Post 10800611)
Oh my!!

I flopped at Ooooppsies. I just could not get them right.

This sounds right up my alley!

Prozak, have you tried it with the almond flour? I don't have coconut flour. What about flax meal?

Thanks!

Mountain girl, it should work with both Almond Flour and/or Flax meal.

There was a microwave minute bread that had those in it and it was very good.

I'm going to have to try this recipe...It's more down my alley too.

:hiya: Thanks, Prozak.

cleochatra 08-31-2008 08:36 AM

That's how I make hot dog buns for my chili dogs. :)

I pour the batter into a pan.

They also make great bases for panini or french toast!

Tooter 08-31-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 10800660)
That's how I make hot dog buns for my chili dogs. :)

I pour the batter into a pan.

They also make great bases for panini!

Ooh, ooh *raising my hand like Horshack* What about a Chili dog Casserole with this? I bet that would work!!

Tooter 08-31-2008 08:39 AM

Or..........Chicken pot pie?

See what you people DO to me!:annoyed::D

Tooter 08-31-2008 08:40 AM

Ok, I am now drooling over the idea of chicken pot pie. I am going to have to try this.

cleochatra 08-31-2008 08:41 AM

Yes, absolutely!

You can also use the squares for pitas, for bases to small shortcakes, and some even use these as the base of a jellyroll-type cake. Layer with a cream cheese topping and roll.

Now who's inviting me over for lunch

cleochatra 08-31-2008 08:41 AM

It could work for chicken pot pie. I'm going to do that one better. I have a chicken pot pie recipe in the pipeline right now.

RealFoodLiving 08-31-2008 08:49 AM

Oh COOOOOL CLEO!!!

Is it a one-crust pot pie? I mean the crust is on the top, not the bottom, right?

Ooooh, a chili-dog casserole!!

Tooter and Cleo, I'm drooling!

cleochatra 08-31-2008 08:56 AM

Mountain-- I could tell you but then I'd have to eat you. I'll be sharing soon.

RealFoodLiving 08-31-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 10800724)
Mountain-- I could tell you but then I'd have to eat you. I'll be sharing soon.

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Tooter 08-31-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainGirl (Post 10800696)
Oh COOOOOL CLEO!!!

Is it a one-crust pot pie? I mean the crust is on the top, not the bottom, right?

Ooooh, a chili-dog casserole!!

Tooter and Cleo, I'm drooling!

Yep. I was thinking of using Prozak's recipe EXACTLY that way.

Put the casserole part on the bottom (Chili dogs, cheese etc...) and then just top it with her recipe and bake.

Same thing with the chicken casserole. I would use the Campbell's "Cream of Chicken and mushroom" which has WAY less carbs then either the the Chicken or Mushroom soups on their own.

I can't wait to try this.

Margot 65 08-31-2008 10:29 AM

OMG YES!

One could top it with shredded cheddar too!

This is the week for me to try this stuff.. with hubby gone I can save some $$$ from buying steaks 5x a week LOL

Here is my recipe for bun-less chili dogs... this would be awesome with the Floopsies (with less sweetener in them though..)

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]The Bun-less Chili Dog

1 pound ground beef
olive oil
1/2 medium onion; chopped
2 garlic cloves; minced
2 T worstershire sauce
1 small can tomato sauce
1 T chili powder
1 shredded mild cheddar

1 pkg hotdogs
1 T butter
2 T favorite hot sauce

Score hotdogs, (I actually chop mine into bite sized pieces) bring to boil in sauce pan. drain. set aside.

Add a couple quick rounds of olive oil; add beef; onion; garlic; brown.
Add worsterchire sauce; chili powder; salt; black pepper; 3-4 min.
Add tomato sauce; blend; let simmer on low heat.

Add butter; hot sauce to small frying pan on medium/high heat; melt to Blend together; add hotdogs and toss and rotate until casings are fully cooked.

Place hotdogs in a small baking dish; cover with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler until melted; serve.
[/COLOR]

Be sure to read the labels and look for the sugars in the ingredients and the carb count in the nutritional info (they will both most likely contain *some* carbs, that occur naturally in the tomatoes etc.)

Jake 08-31-2008 10:33 AM

*drool*

Margot 65 08-31-2008 10:48 AM

I have more jake, I used to have a picture of chili dogs but can't find it anymore.

oh, imagine that! I even have a picture of the 'whooshie pie!' This would be awesome with a floopsie crust too.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...6/DSC00050.JPG

I like to call this..... "The Return of the Whooshie"

2lbs lean gr beef
1/2 medium onion chopped
2TBS worcestershire sauce
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 TBSP horseradish
1 TBSP prepared mustard
1 large egg (or 2 small)
1 clove garlic, crushed,
salt/pepper

I used an 8x8 glass cake pan.

Press 1/2 of the meat in the bottom covering completely. Sprinkle over 1 of the TBSPs of worcester, salt and pepper.

blend the rest of the ingredients (except the rest of the worcester) and smooth over the beef. (It is like a cake mix texture)

Crumble the rest of the beef over top, I didn't press it into a patty, I kind of left it loose. Sprinkle the rest of the worcester sauce, a bit more salt/pepper and put in a 350 oven for 1 hour.

After an hour, I drained off the liquid.......... and popped it back in for an additional 15 minutes.

I entered all the above ingredients into ******, and got for the entire pie, you can customize your own serving size :

30 grams carbs
186 protein
276 fat
3348 calories

AnDee 08-31-2008 05:09 PM

[COLOR="Navy"]This thread has certainly taken an interesting turn! I'd be up in the kitchen cooking right now, if I hadn't eaten plenty of tasty things at a Labor Day picnic.
My friends had onion ooopsie rolls for the first time today and were very impressed. They already bought cream of tartar to try and make them themselves! :clap:
I still think I'm going to try and make them pancake style in the morning. Will report back.

[/COLOR]

Margot 65 08-31-2008 05:20 PM

Note: I made a batch with almond flour... too runny, and even with a GENEROUS spray of PAM, it stuck like nothing else!. So use a LOT of butter/oil in the pan (I made a small pancake and shared it with baby, she loved it.. I like it with butter). I then baked the rest and it stuck!

They do taste very french toasty though, and would be awesome with some SF syrup...

Still working on a more breadlike taste/texture.. the Oopsie rolls have an advantage with that! I would like this to work because it would make life a lot easier IYKWIM.

The Floopsies ABSOLUTELY would be great with or without the almond or coconut flour, poured over a casserole type dish or chili dogs.. and then baked.

cleochatra 08-31-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnDee (Post 10802098)
[COLOR="Navy"]This thread has certainly taken an interesting turn! I'd be up in the kitchen cooking right now, if I hadn't eaten plenty of tasty things at a Labor Day picnic.
My friends had onion ooopsie rolls for the first time today and were very impressed. They already bought cream of tartar to try and make them themselves! :clap:
I still think I'm going to try and make them pancake style in the morning. Will report back.

[/COLOR]

The oopsie base also makes gorgeous crepes and waffles. :up:

katlj 08-31-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozak (Post 10802135)
Note: I made a batch with almond flour... too runny, and even with a GENEROUS spray of PAM, it stuck like nothing else!. So use a LOT of butter/oil in the pan (I made a small pancake and shared it with baby, she loved it.. I like it with butter). I then baked the rest and it stuck!

They do taste very french toasty though, and would be awesome with some SF syrup...

Still working on a more breadlike taste/texture.. the Oopsie rolls have an advantage with that! I would like this to work because it would make life a lot easier IYKWIM.

The Floopsies ABSOLUTELY would be great with or without the almond or coconut flour, poured over a casserole type dish or chili dogs.. and then baked.

Hey Prozak!

Re:Sticking. Have you tried lining your baking dish with parchment paper? I use it whenever I do Oopsies or Oopsie variations. Line the bottom and spray with Pam. It's a bit of a PITA, but so worth it when everything comes out with ease. HTH.

2muttsmom 08-31-2008 07:45 PM

Subscribing. This sounds great!

katlj 08-31-2008 08:15 PM

I just made a batch of these using 2 Tbls. of Bakesquick mix instead of the Coconut flour and adding 1 tsp. of vanilla.

Flat, but yummy!

I'm minus one of my beaters on my mixer and whipping egg whites is a bit more challenging. Plus, I was feeling really lazy...

I used parchment paper...the part of the batter that hit the side of the pan was REALLY stuck on there, so I think parchment may be the answer to sticking issues.