Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Found the Best Lemon Flavoring

When I was in Big Lots looking for Splenda Quikpacks today, I found a bottle of Natural Lemon Flavouring made by Back Bay trading company. 7 oz bottle was only $1.00 so I picked it up to try. It is excellent, smells just like lemon meringue pie and I used it tonight in 7 oz of Fage Total yogurt and man was it good. It was the best lemon flavoring product I have found, so I went online and did a search, came up with Back Bay flavorings but it didn't list much information or where it could be purchased. Lemon was the only flavor my Big Lots had but I would love to try the other flavors. Is anyone familiar with these and know where they can be purchased? TIA

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RVlady
Buffy,

I found that same Back Bay lemon a few years ago at Big Lots and tried everything to buy more but could not find it anywhere.
It is really good. If you ever find out where to purchase more, please post.

Connie
RVlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
You can order it from their website
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
It's amazing how different everyones tastes are. I also bought the Back Bay lemon at Big Lots and didn't like it at all. Tried it a couple of times and gave it to a friend who
also didn't care for it. Now I'm wondering if I just got a bad bottle. Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Terry, all I found at the website was info to contact them if I wanted to order it wholesale by the case??? PM me if you have found a website where you can order it please. Thanks so much.
Ann, hmmm, yes everyone has different tastes but I loved it in my yogurt, haven't tried it in anything else yet but will probably make some of Linda Sue's pound cake this week and use it in that.
Connie, I was already thinking of hitting other Big Lots but would probably have the luck you did. I will definitely post if I find out a way to order it. Surely it is sold in some parts of the country, but I have never seen it in Texas although I have to admit, I might have and overlooked it. Since it was only $1 at Big Lots I gave it a try.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsmom View Post
You can order it from their website
Actually, it looks like they are set up to sell directly to the consumer only in full case quantities. . . .
retroworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I love that lemon flavouring--I use it in Linda Sue's almond pound cake--expecially good with some raspberries on top or some poppyseeds thrown in--
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yum, I was going to make that pound cake with the lemon flavoring this week, the poppy seeds will be a must.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
I found the lemon and also the almond and vanilla at Big Lots, but that was awhile ago. Haven't tried the lemon yet, but I like the vanilla.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laura in Arizona
WOE: Paleo/Protein Power
Start Date: June 6 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
When I was in Big Lots looking for Splenda Quikpacks today, I found a bottle of Natural Lemon Flavouring made by Back Bay trading company. 7 oz bottle was only $1.00 so I picked it up to try. It is excellent, smells just like lemon meringue pie and I used it tonight in 7 oz of Fage Total yogurt and man was it good. It was the best lemon flavoring product I have found, so I went online and did a search, came up with Back Bay flavorings but it didn't list much information or where it could be purchased. Lemon was the only flavor my Big Lots had but I would love to try the other flavors. Is anyone familiar with these and know where they can be purchased? TIA
Thanks for the tip about the lemon in the yogurt. I have not been able to find the Back Bay Trading nor Fage yogurt but I used my McCormick in some full fat Brown Cow - a 1/4 tsp plus a splenda packet - OMG it was out of this world. I don't think I would have thought of it on my own. I am going to try coconut tonight!
Laura in Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad you liked it Laura, it is one of my favorite ways to eat yogurt.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Fage Yogurt

Do you have a Trader Joe's in your neighborhood or somewhere within
a reasonable distance? They carry fat free and 2% Fage Yogurt. I get the 2%. I use it to make my own homemade yogurt. It's delish.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MarblesLongGone
Stats: 273/251/188 6'0"
WOE: Grain-free, sugar-free, real foods
Start Date: 2010 (I have years of weight data recorded)
I've had that extract from BL before too. Have you tried True Lemon® ?
MarblesLongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laura in Arizona
WOE: Paleo/Protein Power
Start Date: June 6 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Do you have a Trader Joe's in your neighborhood or somewhere within
a reasonable distance? They carry fat free and 2% Fage Yogurt. I get the 2%. I use it to make my own homemade yogurt. It's delish.
No, we live in a smallish town and there is nothing. The nearest TJ is 3+ hours away, Sam's Club about an hour, Costco 3 hours. We did just get a Super Walmart but I have been disappointed in the things they carry. Maybe they will change as they settle in. We have 4 grocery stores and they don't have it. We have 3 healthfood stores and 2 don't have it, still need to call the last one. I think I am going to make my own - I used to, but really wanted to try the Fage as everyone is talking about it.

34 pounds gone, 28.5 to go
Laura in Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: adamsrib
Found The Best Lemon Flavoring

How funny to find this post today. Well, good news for Laura in Arizona - I live in Florence Arizona, and my little market in my one horse town carries it. That is how I found it.

Your grocer can order it for you. Walmart can too if you bring them the skew #.

For everyone else, I have not used it yet, and was looking for recipes from Back Bay Trading Company (the manufacturer) when I found this blog. Wish I had a good recipe for it for say lemon bars or something. I don't know what the right exchanges would be to make anything worth eating with it.

Not a very good baker. And, although this blog is 5 years old, I am guessing someone else will stumble on it sooner or later~! Let me know your thoughts

Last edited by adamsrib; 02-07-2013 at 02:18 PM..
adamsrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
adamsrib, try this one from Charski. Its decadent

Low Carb Friends > Low Carb Recipes and Menus > Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Char's Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Welcome, SCOTTSDALEJULIE.
You last visited: 02-07-2013 at 12:29 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 164.
User Control Panel FAQ New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Search Products

... or check out our Full Line of Low Carb Products.

Show Threads Show Posts
Advanced Search

Quick Links
Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read

User Control Panel
Edit Signature

Edit Options
Miscellaneous
Private Messages
Subscribed Threads

Go to Page...