Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keptreasures
Low Carb Chocolate Pudding Recipe?

Does anyone have a low carb chocolate pudding recipe?

Can you just use S/F pudding and sub cream for the milk? If you can what is the carb count??

Thanks
KEP
keptreasures is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Saw a recipe that mixed cocoa with avocado to make chocolate pudding. Imagine that!
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keptreasures View Post

Can you just use S/F pudding and sub cream for the milk? If you can what is the carb count??

Thanks
KEP
Barbo has a thread on one in the recipe forum. The sf puddings have 20-24 carbs per pkg. LindaSue has a listing on her website.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
Atkins Ambassador

Gallery: sugarless4life
Stats: 5'3 / 100 pounds / 56 yo /maintaining for 9 years
WOE: Lost it with Atkins / RUNNING to keep it off!
Start Date: January 19, 2002 -10 1/2 YEARS ON ATKINS
Linda's recipe is very good !

Betty
sugarless4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Carleigh
I recently put a few scoops of my chocolate whey protein in a container and added cream to it...thinking I'd soon add water to make my shake...got side-tracked, threw it in the fridge, came back later and it was really nice and pudding-y.
Carleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
A couple of egg yolks, scoop of protein powder, and sweetener makes a nice pudding. Add cocoa powder for chocolate, vanilla extract if you like, etc. Add some xanthan gum and cream for a richer, thicker pudding.
jacksmixedtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Lordy, I'm riding on a high from eating chocolate pudding - AvoChoco legal LC pudding - that has shot me full of serotonin (I'm guessing) and I am beyond mellow after being a raging idjit all day long.

My Inner Child was in charge and all she wanted to see was someone delivering CHOCOLATE! Nothing else. She's an impudent brat and I never know what she will blurt out when she's at the controls, as she was for the early part of the day today. Why? Probably because I need to be an adult and speak frankly to the woman I paid on Saturday to give me an hour a day of help - and she has not yet showed up or called to tell me when or if she plans on appearing today to start working off the 7hrs that she has been paid for. She told me that she was not available on Sunday - as if that absolves her of doing what I paid her to do, which is to offer an hour a day of "can I help you?" to me. Then she did not come by Monday, knowing that my regular home helper would be here for 4hrs that day. But she told me Saturday that she would do 2hrs Tuesday - and I must address that as not being what I need from her, for her to tell me what she thinks she can do - without asking me what I want or need - as she works off the cash advanced to her as a favor. She had to cover a bill, so I wrote a check - and she gave me euros as security that she will reclaim after she works off the 8hrs that I paid her for. So...I'm going to try to deal with this, as an adult, when she appears.

I think this is what brought out my Inner Brat to plague me today. She is a bully, my Inner Brat, and tends to want to thrash me when I am being weak and failing to take care of myself. She rides me like a demon, spurring me as if I was a rodeo bronc. Today she was demanding CHOCOLATE...NOW! I've been resisting, as I hope to see double-digit pounds GONE in November! But it was wearing me down, the demands for CHOCOLATE! NOW! I was afraid I'd find some chocolate and louse up my LC program, just to shut up the Inner Brat and escape that shrill voice demanding CHOCOLATE! NOW!!! Rough day, huh?

I've been raving like a lunatic, trying to talk it out instead of eat eat EAT to get beyond the frantic feeling that CHOCOLATE would solve all my issues, including a "helper" who has not shown up since Saturday night when she brought me a hunk of mature broccoli instead of the broccoli sprouts that I asked for. She's not yet contacted me today, a day that she said she'd come to give me 2hrs of help - as if that makes up for leaving me on my own Sunday. Sigh. Raving at everyone and explaining that my Inner Child was in charge today, as if that is an explanation for a 64yr old to behave like an idjit. I'm about ready to make a case for sorting out this failure to communicate (such a great line from some Paul Newman movie - about a failure to communicate!). I can do this, right? I am competent to be an advocate for myself, especially with someone I'm paying to help me, to be a friend - even a paid friend. I can do this. I can. I know I can.

Today I had a visit from my NatDoc and her chiro son assessing me for his course of treatment to get me back on my feet. He will come to me twice a week to do PT on me, helping me to get a grip on what movement builds up strength in my useless-for-lifting/lowering thigh muscles. Shall I do it? The cost is $75 for a home visit, twice a week, for 4wks. I think it might help.

I'd call it my Christmas gift from me to me. What do you think? Shall I?

Oh, the chocolate pudding idea came after the two kind folks had left me and my eye fell on some avocados sitting nearby. I recalled that LC recipe for chocolate pudding made with avocado, cacao powder, flavored sweetener. Whipped up my first batch and OMG is it satisfying! I still have some left, as it hit all of my serotonin receptors at once and I realized that I was calmer, felt less homicidal and more like whistling a tune. So I packed up the pudd'n for later and pried open a tin of sardines, as I know I need more protein than I am getting lately. I've got a plentiful stock of sardines now, having ordered online from BuyTheCase dot net - and got the same fishies that Trader Joe's used to stock. I'm set. Big box of sardines under my bed, easy to reach.

Now about this serotonin that has me calmer. WoW! I'm flying on it!

I used some Torani orange to flavor/sweeten the AvoChoco Pud'n, then added a sprinkle of salt to balance things out. What a great pudding it is. Got a bit left for a treat later on. Just a tiny taste at a time really puts me over the top as far as feeling as if I've had a true chocolate treat. What an amazing thing this is - and it's legal. I recommend this highly for anyone who is freaking out for chocolate. It's been hours now and I am still riding high on serotonin. I'm sure that's what is causing this mellow high that I'm on now.

I'm totally mellow. Flying low on my serotonin high. I'm so drugged out!

Babbling? Yeah, that's the serotonin. My Inner Brat is silent now, probably off somewhere sleeping off the rush of serotonin. I think I'm ready for a nap myself.

If you want a LC chocolate pudding, do not overlook using an avocado, some raw cacao, and a slosh of flavoring in your favorite DaVinci or Torani flavor. WOW! I've still got a lot left over from just one avocado. It satisfies totally!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
whoa. Wanjna try but am scared my fingers will fall off If I go on a Typing high like Zer... We shall see. It's incredibly interesting and I DO need to get my potassium in.
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Now..how did you know this is what I have on my mind Zer...lol..I usually make Kevin's recipe of Chocolate Pudding for his Chocolate Pie with Mock Graham Cracker Crust recipe with the Carb Countdown Chocolate Milk instead of Unsweetened Almond Milk. Now I cannot get the Chocolate Carb countdown anymore here in VA and I dont have time to get the Almond Milk for Netrition to make Kevin's pie for Thanksgiving this year...What pudding recipe do you all think I should use to make the pie with? Sorry for the thread jack Zer..

Help anyone?
HUGS
Christina
Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Honestly, I've got a pot of this serotonin pudding right here, about half of what I made from one avocado.
Quote:
...researchers believe chocolate cravings have something to do with serotonin, a brain chemical that makes us feel relaxed. (CNN)
I ate tiny bites and got such a rush that I'm almost afraid to think what will happen if I eat the rest. Maybe 1/4 cup left. So rich! Wish I had some cayenne to add, just to see what effect mixing up what is said to be reminiscent of that brew the ancients drank to build their sexual potency and give them visions. Okay, so they did not use avocado. But the movie "Chocolat" adds a pinch of some hot spice to a cup of hot chocolat. I bet I'd be happy with some cayenne added to this glop that I've got left. OMG, it's good!

Last edited by Zer; 11-18-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Prairieprof
Stats: 145/117/120 5'4" 10-12 to 4, 18% BF
WOE: Primal Blueprint
Start Date: 8/2007
I just mix some cocoa powder with sour cream (or Greek yogurt, or a mix), add DaVinci's syrup to taste--any flavor that seems yummy, Vanilla is just fine--and mix it up. Great taste and creamy thick texture.
Prairieprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #12
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post
whoa. Wanjna try but am scared my fingers will fall off If I go on a Typing high like Zer... We shall see. It's incredibly interesting and I DO need to get my potassium in.
hummingbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
The simplest recipe that I use is
Jello instant fat-free/sugar-free pudding mix.Chocolate Fudge Flavor.
2 cups unsweetened Chocolate Almond Breeze
1 level teaspoon of guargum.
Mix in blender for 30-45 seconds
Make 4 1/2 cups servings. Delicious

You need to add the guargum or the pudding wont set.
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cyberus
WOE: Low carb (Type 2 Diabetic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
The simplest recipe that I use is
Jello instant fat-free/sugar-free pudding mix.Chocolate Fudge Flavor.
2 cups unsweetened Chocolate Almond Breeze
1 level teaspoon of guargum.
Mix in blender for 30-45 seconds
Make 4 1/2 cups servings. Delicious

You need to add the guargum or the pudding wont set.
I use unsweetened soymilk and xanthan gum but thats the ticket for me too.

BTW McBoo do you have any issues with a "beany" taste with Guar Gum .. I've put off buying it because of the bad rep I've read.
cyberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
No issues at all. You don't even taste it especially in things like pudding and gravy. I get good quality guargum at the health food store. It is cheaper than the xanthan gum too.

McBoo
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cyberus
WOE: Low carb (Type 2 Diabetic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
No issues at all. You don't even taste it especially in things like pudding and gravy. I get good quality guargum at the health food store. It is cheaper than the xanthan gum too.

McBoo
Yeah .. I found a bulk food site that sells it also but was a bit leery of buying 5 pounds if it was going to give stuff a beany taste .. thanx
cyberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brittone2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer View Post
Lordy, I'm riding on a high from eating chocolate pudding - AvoChoco legal LC pudding - that has shot me full of serotonin (I'm guessing) and I am beyond mellow after being a raging idjit all day long.

My Inner Child was in charge and all she wanted to see was someone delivering CHOCOLATE! Nothing else. She's an impudent brat and I never know what she will blurt out when she's at the controls, as she was for the early part of the day today. Why? Probably because I need to be an adult and speak frankly to the woman I paid on Saturday to give me an hour a day of help - and she has not yet showed up or called to tell me when or if she plans on appearing today to start working off the 7hrs that she has been paid for. She told me that she was not available on Sunday - as if that absolves her of doing what I paid her to do, which is to offer an hour a day of "can I help you?" to me. Then she did not come by Monday, knowing that my regular home helper would be here for 4hrs that day. But she told me Saturday that she would do 2hrs Tuesday - and I must address that as not being what I need from her, for her to tell me what she thinks she can do - without asking me what I want or need - as she works off the cash advanced to her as a favor. She had to cover a bill, so I wrote a check - and she gave me euros as security that she will reclaim after she works off the 8hrs that I paid her for. So...I'm going to try to deal with this, as an adult, when she appears.

I think this is what brought out my Inner Brat to plague me today. She is a bully, my Inner Brat, and tends to want to thrash me when I am being weak and failing to take care of myself. She rides me like a demon, spurring me as if I was a rodeo bronc. Today she was demanding CHOCOLATE...NOW! I've been resisting, as I hope to see double-digit pounds GONE in November! But it was wearing me down, the demands for CHOCOLATE! NOW! I was afraid I'd find some chocolate and louse up my LC program, just to shut up the Inner Brat and escape that shrill voice demanding CHOCOLATE! NOW!!! Rough day, huh?

I've been raving like a lunatic, trying to talk it out instead of eat eat EAT to get beyond the frantic feeling that CHOCOLATE would solve all my issues, including a "helper" who has not shown up since Saturday night when she brought me a hunk of mature broccoli instead of the broccoli sprouts that I asked for. She's not yet contacted me today, a day that she said she'd come to give me 2hrs of help - as if that makes up for leaving me on my own Sunday. Sigh. Raving at everyone and explaining that my Inner Child was in charge today, as if that is an explanation for a 64yr old to behave like an idjit. I'm about ready to make a case for sorting out this failure to communicate (such a great line from some Paul Newman movie - about a failure to communicate!). I can do this, right? I am competent to be an advocate for myself, especially with someone I'm paying to help me, to be a friend - even a paid friend. I can do this. I can. I know I can.

Today I had a visit from my NatDoc and her chiro son assessing me for his course of treatment to get me back on my feet. He will come to me twice a week to do PT on me, helping me to get a grip on what movement builds up strength in my useless-for-lifting/lowering thigh muscles. Shall I do it? The cost is $75 for a home visit, twice a week, for 4wks. I think it might help.

Oh, the chocolate pudding idea came after the two kind folks had left me and my eye fell on some avocados sitting nearby. I recalled that LC recipe for chocolate pudding made with avocado, cacao powder, flavored sweetener. Whipped up my first batch and OMG is it satisfying! I still have some left, as it hit all of my serotonin receptors at once and I realized that I was calmer, felt less homicidal and more like whistling a tune. So I packed up the pudd'n for later and pried open a tin of sardines, as I know I need more protein than I am getting lately. I've got a plentiful stock of sardines now, having ordered online from BuyTheCase dot net - and got the same fishies that Trader Joe's used to stock. I'm set. Big box of sardines under my bed, easy to reach.

Now about this serotonin that has me calmer. WoW! I'm flying on it!

I used some Torani orange to flavor/sweeten the AvoChoco Pud'n, then added a sprinkle of salt to balance things out. What a great pudding it is. Got a bit left for a treat later on. Just a tiny taste at a time really puts me over the top as far as feeling as if I've had a true chocolate treat. What an amazing thing this is - and it's legal. I recommend this highly for anyone who is freaking out for chocolate. It's been hours now and I am still riding high on serotonin. I'm sure that's what is causing this mellow high that I'm on now.

I'm totally mellow. Flying low on my serotonin high. I'm so drugged out!

Babbling? Yeah, that's the serotonin. My Inner Brat is silent now, probably off somewhere sleeping off the rush of serotonin. I think I'm ready for a nap myself.

If you want a LC chocolate pudding, do not overlook using an avocado, some raw cacao, and a slosh of flavoring in your favorite DaVinci or Torani flavor. WOW! I've still got a lot left over from just one avocado. It satisfies totally!
We have used avocados to make chocolate pudding for our kiddos for years. It is so yummy!!
brittone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DBrown8614
Stats: 200/165/125
WOE: Dr. Atkins
Start Date: November 2003
I HAVE to make some of that Zer! I want as much energy as you have!!! LOL Sounds great!
DBrown8614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Be careful. I was not at all braced for the energy that came from overloading my serotonin receptors. Apparently I amused the friends who had listened to me being glum and backward all morning. I was afraid to eat the full avocado's worth of chocy pudding, so I packed up half of what I made and saved it for later. I was truly scared what I might do if I ingested a full avocado's worth of this hyper-chocolate delight. Amazing, the shift in mood and energy level!

You've been warned!

Do you think maybe it was simply the effect of eating chocolate without any guilt at all? Could that make me zoom all over and act the fool, typing like a dynamo to dispel some of the energy that was ricocheting inside me?

Last edited by Zer; 11-20-2008 at 01:15 PM..
Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DBrown8614
Stats: 200/165/125
WOE: Dr. Atkins
Start Date: November 2003
Thanks for the warning! Can't wait to try........ ok half
DBrown8614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
Quote:
Do you think maybe it was simply the effect of eating chocolate without any guilt at all? Could that make me zoom all over and act the fool, typing like a dynamo to dispel some of the energy that was ricocheting inside me?
Ooh, yeah.
retroworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:

I would highly recommend PT, I fell off my MIL's horse in July and have a bulged disc. I'm getting much stronger with PT, it's not cheap but I do believe it works wonders. However, you MUST do your exercises every day or it won't work.

BTW: The avocado pudding sounds wonderful! I have some stringy avocados that aren't great to eat as is, but whizzed up in the food processor with chocolate and sweetener sounds devine!
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #23
Lounge Chef & Typo Queen!!

Gallery: SnowWhite
Stats: 450/ Ugh/185
Start Date: 5/26/03 * WLS 1/15/04
*lol* Zer- you've become a "pusher"

I better not catch ya sellin' this stuff on the corners downtown

Regardless.....I WANT SOME!
SnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Razz44
Stats: 263/256/225
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 28, 2011

Last edited by Razz44; 04-21-2011 at 01:37 PM..
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Razz44
Stats: 263/256/225
Start Date: March 28, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by keptreasures View Post

Thanks
KEP
I used Sugar Free Chocolote Fudge pudding mix with 2 cups of cold whipping cream instead of milk. It was delicious, but very, very thick. I am going to try it with one cup of whipping cream and one cup of water to see if it will still set up correctly, but not so thick. I belive that the total carbs per serving is about 8 grams per 1/2 cup. I am going to try this with Vanilla and Pistachio flavors also.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Location: Southern Edge of Central Indiana at the Illinois border!
Gallery: baersu
Stats: 203.5/195/165
Start Date: Restart 08/07/2010, 10/10/10, oiy 01/12/12
Hubby's choc pudding

Hubby just made this and we split it.

Approx 1-2 oz cream cheese
2T cocoa
1/3 C Splenda
Approx 2-3 T of heavy cream
1/2 t vanilla

Blend well, enjoy!
baersu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Almond milk, cocoa powder, sweetener, and glucomannan powder.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
The avocado choc pudding is really good. I make it alot.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Location: Southern Edge of Central Indiana at the Illinois border!
Gallery: baersu
Stats: 203.5/195/165
Start Date: Restart 08/07/2010, 10/10/10, oiy 01/12/12
We made Mousse with:
1/2 C heavy cream
1T cocoa
1 T splenda (or other sweetner)

Blended in the 'bullet', enough for one but hubby and I split it to keep from over indulging.
baersu is offline   Reply With Quote