Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SNUGGS11
Stats: 165/117/110?
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: JANUARY 2003-maint.
KEVIN--YOUR BREAD RECIPE

Hey Kevin
Which bread recipe of yours goes with your Avatar pic you have showing? It looks perfect!

I'm waiting for my new bread machine to come in the mail this week. If you guys can believe it -I lost my last one. yup-lost it-can't find where I put it. :blush: Oh well. A new one is coming.
SNUGGS11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #2

Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
This is the recipe of the bread in the avatar.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post10002193

Please remember that this recipe was not developed with a bread machine in mind.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I use Kevin's recipe all the time in my bread machine. I only changed a couple of things, I add 2 Tablespoons of oil and 2 tsp. of sugar.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SNUGGS11
Stats: 165/117/110?
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: JANUARY 2003-maint.
thanks to both.
i'm glad i can make it in the machine. it came yesterday and of course i used a lc mix i had from awhile ago. it turned out so well. i added herbs, pepper flakes and onion powder and made panini's today with it. sooooo goood!
SNUGGS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I have three recipes of Kevin's breads that I use. The one that I like most for sandwiches and toast is the King Arthur's white wheat mix. The one that I like most for hamburger buns is the lc pita bread recipe. (Don't turn it into pitas!)

The pita recipe is the closest to melt-away high carb bakery rolls I've ever tasted. My only beef is that I have a really hard time getting it to rise the way I'd like it to. But I'm still working on that :P
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #6

Between our house and my in-laws I make 2 dozen pita recipe buns a week. At 3 carbs each, it is such a carb bargin and so close tasting to high carb bread that I have a hard time seeing a reason to try other lc bread-like recipes that are basically the same or more carbs. JMO
Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinpa View Post
Between our house and my in-laws I make 2 dozen pita recipe buns a week. At 3 carbs each, it is such a carb bargin and so close tasting to high carb bread that I have a hard time seeing a reason to try other lc bread-like recipes that are basically the same or more carbs. JMO
I feel much the same way about your wonderful pita buns.

You would probably be amused at my attempts, however. Saturday I made a double batch of dough for the hot dog buns. I made sixteen rolls and they never really rose. Kinda turned out like breadsticks. I was frustrated because I've had this recipe turn out well for me so many times before... so yesterday I made a single batch and turned them into six hot dog buns.

Well, I forgot about them completely for about five hours, and when I came upstairs they were the size of hoagie rolls!

However, I'm undaunted, because on my menu this week is zucchini pasta with breadsticks, and hoagies :P

Thank you for making my kitchen a place of wonderment--and occasional disaster :P
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
I use Kevin's recipe all the time in my bread machine. I only changed a couple of things, I add 2 Tablespoons of oil and 2 tsp. of sugar.
Today was bun day so for kicks and giggles I tried your subs Rose with the pita bun recipe.

I liked the results. Same taste but a little less rise with a densier heavier bread.

Next time I will try it in a loaf.....this may be the answer to the pita recipe falling as a loaf.