Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   New Tweak! Traditional , Chewy Pizza Crust! Do You Have Eggs & Cheese? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/551779-new-tweak-traditional-chewy-pizza-crust-do-you-have-eggs-cheese.html)

NancyElle 04-17-2008 09:07 PM

New Tweak! Traditional , Chewy Pizza Crust! Do You Have Eggs & Cheese?
 
Okay, folks....Here is another variation of

Nancy's Low Carb Pizza!

(tweaked for those that want a chewier crust)

4 Large Eggs
3 Cups Shredded Mozzerella
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar/Jack Combo
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Basil

Mix all this in a bowl until all the cheese is coated with egg.


The extra egg makes a traditional crust. Your cheese egg combo will feel wet, but just pat, pat, pat it out onto your pam sprayed pan.

Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes

Here is a picture before baking

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/2_1208486671.jpg


Once it is baked it will look like this

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/c_1207160365.jpg



Now, add your toppings


I used

1/4 cup marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded cheddar/jack
12 Italian Meatballs sliced into quarters
1 onion sautéed

Top the pizza and run it under the broiler at 500 until cheese is melted.


Here's what my finished pizza looked like! ~~~~~ I know you're drooling!


http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/3_1208486672.jpg

This yields a slightly thicker, chewy crust with crispy edges.

It makes a huge 16 inch pizza.

It yields 12 to 16 slices with a very low carb count depending on toppings.

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/4_1208486674.jpg




If you like a classic, chewy crust, this one is for YOU!

Is this what we call food porn?

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/7_1208486667.jpg

Enjoy with a side salad or some yummy broccoli!


http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/6_1208486677.jpg

DINNER IS SERVED!


http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/5_1208486676.jpg

Hope you will try it, especially if you low carb, or avoid gluten. No flour of any kind in this yummy pizza!

Mallory 04-18-2008 06:53 AM

This looks really good! I have not been counting carbs in cheese after I have checked the numbers on the package for accuracy..however, I have read that all cheese has some carbs and technically, we should be counting something??? (I cant remember if they said 1 carb per ounce or cup) Do you do that for this crust?? What would you have the count to be for this??
Im going to try this for sure cause it looks so yummy! Thanks for posting..

LindaSue 04-18-2008 07:20 AM

Mallory:

Per Whole Crust: 2187 Calories; 169g Fat; 151g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 15g Net Carbs

Carbs in the cheese in the crust: 13g
Plus, another 3g carbs for the cheese in the topping

Mallory 04-20-2008 08:02 AM

Thanks Linda Sue!

Kevinpa 04-20-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 10204652)
Mallory:

Per Whole Crust: 2187 Calories; 169g Fat; 151g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 15g Net Carbs

Carbs in the cheese in the crust: 13g
Plus, another 3g carbs for the cheese in the topping

This makes a 12 inch pizza?

Charski 04-20-2008 01:02 PM

Kevin, when I made Nancy's original recipe, which was 1 less egg and 1 less cup of cheese, it easily filled my 16" round pizza pan....

NancyElle 04-20-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 10212922)
Kevin, when I made Nancy's original recipe, which was 1 less egg and 1 less cup of cheese, it easily filled my 16" round pizza pan....

Right, Charski. It's huge, depending on how thick or thin you want it. Way bigger than 12". Always at least 16".

NancyElle 04-20-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallory (Post 10211853)
Thanks Linda Sue!

Ditto! I'm always forgetting to add the carb/calorie/nutritional info. Thanks so much Linda Sue!:hugs:

LindaSue 04-21-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 10212632)
This makes a 12 inch pizza?

I also use a 16-inch pizza pan. It will shrink slightly but should still end up about 14 inches in diameter. I haven't tried this crust version but I got 8 large slices out of Nancy's original recipe. If this one is a lot thicker then I might cut it into 10 or 12 slices.

NancyElle 04-22-2008 08:12 PM

Thank You Linda Sue!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 10215628)
I also use a 16-inch pizza pan. It will shrink slightly but should still end up about 14 inches in diameter. I haven't tried this crust version but I got 8 large slices out of Nancy's original recipe. If this one is a lot thicker then I might cut it into 10 or 12 slices.


Thank you for including my pizza crust recipe on your website.

I wrote about it on my blog and included your picture, tasting notes and nutritional info, as well as links to your website.
I hope that was okay!:hiya:


You are such an asset to the low carb community!:hugs:

LindaSue 04-23-2008 06:16 AM

Thanks for the nice review of my site on your blog, Nancy!

jabbok 04-25-2008 11:05 AM

I made this only I didn't bother making it into a pizza I just cut it up into squares and heated it up for lunch it was good.

NancyElle 04-25-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabbok (Post 10236282)
I made this only I didn't bother making it into a pizza I just cut it up into squares and heated it up for lunch it was good.

Isn't that something? It IS good by itself. I've also had email from folks who make the pizza crust, cut it in slices, store it in the fridge and then just top and microwave as needed. SOOOOO Easy.

Linda Sue included it on her recipe site Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

as did this site
the LowCarbRecipeBox:

[COLOR=#247cd4]NANCYELLE'S THIN AND CRISPY PIZZA CRUST[/COLOR]

I'm so happy people are trying this and enjoying this super easy recipe!

It's the only one I've every "created":D

NancyElle 04-25-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 10224972)
Thanks for the nice review of my site on your blog, Nancy!


(((((LindaSue))))) You are amazing. I am in awe of your culinary skills and your beautifully organized website!:hugs:

rowdy1 04-26-2008 10:56 AM

I'm at the point where calories count....so, I just make the original version of this recipe and cut it into 8 squares (161ish calories per slice).

It was really very good with out further toppings on it and just dipped into a little pizza sauce.

So, this "crust" has been convenient for me last week because I could take 2 slices and about scant 1/4 cup pizza sauce to school for lunch and be satisfied.

Also, the slices hold up very well wrapped in waxed paper and put into a baggie in the refrigerator...no sogginess even after 4 days.

I like this for the simplicity of the whole thang...ya know?

NancyElle 04-28-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowdy1 (Post 10239943)
I'm at the point where calories count....so, I just make the original version of this recipe and cut it into 8 squares (161ish calories per slice).

It was really very good with out further toppings on it and just dipped into a little pizza sauce.

So, this "crust" has been convenient for me last week because I could take 2 slices and about scant 1/4 cup pizza sauce to school for lunch and be satisfied.

Also, the slices hold up very well wrapped in waxed paper and put into a baggie in the refrigerator...no sogginess even after 4 days.

I like this for the simplicity of the whole thang...ya know?

It's SOOOO easy! :kicking:

I've got a new tweak I'll be posting soon. Let's just say I made something that my DD said tasted like a Cheesy Gordito Crunch from Taco Bell (low carb style, of course.) :up:

I said, 'should I take pictures and post it?" DD said, "Yes, mom, this is awesome!":high5:

Mind you, the compliments are few and far between, so, I take this a gospel!:clap:

Look for a post about it soon!

Glad you are all trying this and enjoying it!:high5::heart::hugs:

Dreamtrue 04-28-2008 11:47 PM

Looks good will try it this weekend.

jabbok 04-29-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyElle (Post 10238385)
Isn't that something? It IS good by itself. I've also had email from folks who make the pizza crust, cut it in slices, store it in the fridge and then just top and microwave as needed. SOOOOO Easy.

I'm so happy people are trying this and enjoying this super easy recipe!

It's the only one I've every "created":D

I am glad you created it as well it is very good. I made it again this week but with a different spice, I eat a slice of it with some roasted chicken and veggies for lunch.

ClairesScrappinMama 04-30-2008 05:38 PM

will egg beaters work? i'm out of real eggs!

NancyElle 04-30-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClairesScrappinMama (Post 10258516)
will egg beaters work? i'm out of real eggs!


Hey girl! I don't think egg beaters will work. Wait, those egg whites don't work (we tried), but the egg beaters might.

I've not tried them, so, I'm not 100% sure.

You might try decreasing the recipe, and trying it out??? I 'd hate for you to waste ingredients.:stars:
Wish I could help more!:confused:

ClairesScrappinMama 04-30-2008 06:02 PM

I just realized I'm out of mozzarella anyway, so I'll wait to make this when I have the right ingredients! lol thanks!!

KellBell1234 05-02-2008 05:36 AM

Wow! This looks sooooo good! I am making this for dinner tonight! Thanks for sharing! Easy and yummy!

I can't wait for the Gordita recipe!!!!

Nigel 05-04-2008 06:40 PM

I think egg beaters will work for this recipe. I use egg beaters for just about anything that has whole eggs in it.

Erica L. Butler 05-07-2008 12:40 PM

Dear Nancy Elle-- you inspired me!! I've got five low-carbing house-mates--, and one of them is an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian. I made two versions on this pizza-- two crusts-- and it fed ten people for two days.

I did some tweaks to make the recipe "breadier". It worked perfectly -- and I got rave reviews. I'm making another two crusts today, for a broccoli/mushroom/red bell pepper pizza and a sausage/mushroom/bell pepper/bacon pizza.

So here's my take on your recipe.

RAVEN'S PIZZA HUT (ish) PIZZA CRUST
(Raven's Take on a Nancy Elle Classic)


Ingredients:
5 jumbo eggs
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup mexi-melt cheese
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon fennel seeds (crushed)
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
Low Carb Marinara sauce ¼ cup/ Or Red Salsa ¼ cup
Or a mix of both, to create ¼ cup total.

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

Heat oven to 450 degrees.

Line a large rectangular baking pan with parchment paper. Using a spatula , spread egg/cheese mixture evenly.

Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes to half an hour, or until cheese/egg mix is browned and firm.

When done, set out to cool. Loosen the crust on the parchment paper.

Spread with a low carb pizza sauce or for even fewer carbs, use salsa, or a salsa/marinara sauce mix.

Place toppings of your choice on the pizza--

Pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, shrimp, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onions, Canadian bacon, etc, . Use your imagination! I used fried eggplant, red bell peppers and mushrooms for a veggie version, and added sausage to a second crust for the meat eaters in my household.

Top with mozzarella cheese, and place under broiler on HI (middle rack) and broil 'till cheese is just starting to brown.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

*notes:

Baking my crusts on parchment paper made dealing with the crusts a snap. No sticking whatsover.

This Pizza re-heated up well, and travels well for a work lunch. You can pick this pizza up and hold it in your hands, eat it like a regular pizza. It's also very filling. Very good, two days later.

I'm actually going to invest in a couple of good Pizza pans.

Thanks to Nancy Elle for all the great ideas! I'm seriously indebted to you!

NancyElle 05-07-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler (Post 10286882)
Dear Nancy Elle-- you inspired me!! I've got five low-carbing house-mates--, and one of them is an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian. I made two versions on this pizza-- two crusts-- and it fed ten people for two days.

I did some tweaks to make the recipe "breadier". It worked perfectly -- and I got rave reviews. I'm making another two crusts today, for a broccoli/mushroom/red bell pepper pizza and a sausage/mushroom/bell pepper/bacon pizza.

So here's my take on your recipe.

RAVEN'S PIZZA HUT (ish) PIZZA CRUST
(Raven's Take on a Nancy Elle Classic)


Ingredients:
5 jumbo eggs
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup mexi-melt cheese
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon fennel seeds (crushed)
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
Low Carb Marinara sauce ¼ cup/ Or Red Salsa ¼ cup
Or a mix of both, to create ¼ cup total.

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

Heat oven to 450 degrees.

Line a large rectangular baking pan with parchment paper. Using a spatula , spread egg/cheese mixture evenly.

Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes to half an hour, or until cheese/egg mix is browned and firm.

When done, set out to cool. Loosen the crust on the parchment paper.

Spread with a low carb pizza sauce or for even fewer carbs, use salsa, or a salsa/marinara sauce mix.

Place toppings of your choice on the pizza--

Pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, shrimp, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onions, Canadian bacon, etc, . Use your imagination! I used fried eggplant, red bell peppers and mushrooms for a veggie version, and added sausage to a second crust for the meat eaters in my household.

Top with mozzarella cheese, and place under broiler on HI (middle rack) and broil 'till cheese is just starting to brown.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

*notes:

Baking my crusts on parchment paper made dealing with the crusts a snap. No sticking whatsover.

This Pizza re-heated up well, and travels well for a work lunch. You can pick this pizza up and hold it in your hands, eat it like a regular pizza. It's also very filling. Very good, two days later.

I'm actually going to invest in a couple of good Pizza pans.

Thanks to Nancy Elle for all the great ideas! I'm seriously indebted to you!


This sounds wonderful and YOU are the sweetest!!!!:hugs:

ThinAgin 05-18-2008 02:41 PM

Bread at Last, Bread at Last
 
NancyElle, Thank you so much for the pizza dough recipe. I made it last night with the basil and garlic and it was awesome. This morning I made it without any seasoning and used it as bread for a bacon tomato sandwich. I can't tell you how nice it is to have something to substitue for bread to make a sandwich. This makes carrying lunch to work so much better. This is such a break through recipe. Now I think I can make it without cheating at lunch. Dinner is easy to cook meats, etc. but lunch was a challenge. You are definately a LOW CARB FRIEND. You are my hero.

NancyElle 05-18-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinAgin (Post 10332205)
NancyElle, Thank you so much for the pizza dough recipe. I made it last night with the basil and garlic and it was awesome. This morning I made it without any seasoning and used it as bread for a bacon tomato sandwich. I can't tell you how nice it is to have something to substitue for bread to make a sandwich. This makes carrying lunch to work so much better. This is such a break through recipe. Now I think I can make it without cheating at lunch. Dinner is easy to cook meats, etc. but lunch was a challenge. You are definately a LOW CARB FRIEND. You are my hero.


OMG, you've got me blushing:blush:

Thanks so much for the super sweet compliment!:hugs:

I am so glad you are enjoying this!:high5:

I'm going to have to try it as a sandwich base! GREAT IDEA:cool:

Sugar Free Sweet Pea 05-18-2008 03:51 PM

Thanks, NancyElle! I'm going to try this one, when I make my Taco Pizza, tomorrow night.

NancyElle 05-18-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melle (Post 10332442)
Thanks, NancyElle! I'm going to try this one, when I make my Taco Pizza, tomorrow night.

Hey Melle!

Please let us know how it turns out!

Hope you love it!:hugs:

Sugar Free Sweet Pea 05-19-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyElle (Post 10333597)
Hey Melle!

Please let us know how it turns out!

Hope you love it!:hugs:

Will do! I'm headed to the store, in a few minutes, to get everything for "TACOS ON THE HALF SHELL" :D
  • Eggs (I'm out)
  • Picante Sauce
  • Taco Blend Cheese
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Tomatoes
  • Red Onions
  • I've got hamburger meat
  • I've got taco seasoning
  • I've got lettuce
  • Sour Cream
  • Guacamole
Hope I didn't forget anything! :confused:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 PM.