Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Pumpkin Roll based on Oopsie Batter... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/544709-pumpkin-roll-based-oopsie-batter.html)

babydollsea 03-03-2008 03:58 AM

Pumpkin Roll based on Oopsie Batter...

2 Attachment(s)
I made this Pumpkin roll with a little bit of changes...It is based on Cleopatra's wonderful oopsies...It is so moist and delicious...Even better the next day (I cut a sliver before my workout this mornining ;)) I may, however, try this one more time staying true to Cleo's recipe with cream cheese in the batter as opposed to the whey. I was worried that the pumpkin may make the roll too, too moist and un-rollable. I don't think that would be the case now...I will retry of course...But the recipe right now as follows is scrumptious, too!

6 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin (not cream cheese)*
1/2 tsp cream of Tartar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Erythritol powdered*
1/2 packet Splenda Quick Pack*
1 scoop of Protein powder (had to add this to thicken it a bit)*
Erythritol powdered (to sprinkle on tea towel)

Filling:
8oz of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 splenda quick pack
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheated oven to 300F. Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Baked the full 30 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes. Roll the cake into a tea towel sprinkled with Erythritol. Let it stand for 1 hour (had to go to church)...
During which I let the butter and cream cheese soften ...

Unrolled the cake and spread the mixed filling. Re-rolled and refrigerated.

16 to 20 slices
1 carb each

jigglenomore 03-03-2008 04:40 AM

That's just lovely! Putting it on my "to try" list! :high5:

Thanks!

Julievan 03-03-2008 05:37 AM

this looks great how much cream cheese will you use and did you still us same amount of pumpkin?

H20Goddess 03-03-2008 06:28 AM

That is, my friend, a thing of beauty. :up:

Soobee 03-03-2008 06:31 AM

I'll bet your pumpkin roll cake recipe would make great pumpkin waffles.

magnamater 03-03-2008 06:42 AM

Hm. . . m m m m m Yummm. . . .. pumpkin waffles. Must try. (of course I haven't even made the oopsie waffles yet. . .but I did make French toast for the week. . .nuke and eat!!

I'm definitely going to have to try the waffles. Anyone, do they stay crisp if you make more ahead of time? Or get soggy?

TIA!

babydollsea 03-03-2008 06:59 AM

H2O Goddess..Thanks so much...I was hoping to help out a little more with ideas giving Low carb a little more variety! I love the oopsies and all the recipes Cleo has shared. Her recipes are easy to follow, "unprocessed" and easy to find and shop for in the grocery store. Someone had mentioned a pumpkin roll and I wanted to give it a shot since I love pumpkin rolls myself.

I hope you all can give it a try. Again, I will try to stay true to Cleo's recipe next time (very soon) and instead of adding whey go back to the cream cheese but still add 1/2 cup pumpkin in the batter.

I think, gals, that the waffles sound wonderful! When Fall comes around again and we are all into pumpkin and Fall-type foods, I will be revisiting all this again!

Enjoy!

Sweeteater 03-03-2008 11:50 AM

looks wonderful! :up:

PghPALady1974 03-03-2008 12:01 PM

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]OMG that looks sooooo good!!!
And I just realized you are in Pittsburgh too!!!!! What part?[/COLOR]

babydollsea 03-03-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversunfire (Post 10016675)
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]OMG that looks sooooo good!!!
And I just realized you are in Pittsburgh too!!!!! What part?[/COLOR]

Plum Borough... What part are you for from? It is georgous out today...I am taking Dakota for a walk (She is a Bischon...She hates to walk lol!) But I'll try...

Barbo 03-03-2008 01:39 PM

Babydoll

That is one gorgeous looking pumpkin roll. Do you think it would hold
up with a thick lemon filling?

babydollsea 03-03-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 10017156)
That is one gorgeous looking pumpkin roll. Do you think it would hold
up with a thick lemon filling?

Barbo, if you have the recipe for that I would certainly love it! I love your recipe site, too!

CarolynF 03-03-2008 03:27 PM

Hi Baby: This looks great..:) I think you DO need the whey for body and the cream cheese won't do the same thing. You separated the eggs and did the same oopsie system for making the cake? Just had the whites/cream of tartar together and the rest of the ingredients with the yolks, huh?

It does look fabulous.

babydollsea 03-03-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 10017599)
Hi Baby: This looks great..:) I think you DO need the whey for body and the cream cheese won't do the same thing.

You separated the eggs and did the same oopsie system for making the cake?

Yes, I did the same oopsie sstem for making the cake.

Just had the whites/cream of tartar together and the rest of the ingredients with the yolks, huh?

That is correct! Now I have to make another one because my daughter loves it (she never liked the original one :dunno:) But this...she had 2 pieces for dessert after dinner yesterday; 2 pieces for breakfast this morning; and now she is asking for some now for an "after school" snack. I told her she has to wait until after dinner...But my Mom who is coming over tomorrow wants to try and I hope there is some left. If not, guess what I will be doing in the am!!!

It does look fabulous.

You are sooooo sweet! Thanks!

PghPALady1974 03-03-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydollsea (Post 10016903)
Plum Borough... What part are you for from? It is georgous out today...I am taking Dakota for a walk (She is a Bischon...She hates to walk lol!) But I'll try...

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I'm in northern Washington County![/COLOR]

babydollsea 03-03-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversunfire (Post 10017672)
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I'm in northern Washington County![/COLOR]

Are you enjoying the weather? My dog (as I stated in the previous responsse) did NOT want to walk...She is the silliest dog I have ever known!!!! Enjoy your day!!!!

PghPALady1974 03-03-2008 05:19 PM

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Yep loved the day! But I will take some more snow. It's still winter so I want it to be cold! My neighbors went skiing! Said it was great cause you didn't have to wear a jacket!
My dog was a pain and kept wanting out all day, esp when the sun was out! That IS pretty funny that your dog doesn't like to take a walk!!
I may have to walk around Plum yelling "Hey baby, can I have a pumpkin roll??":laugh:[/COLOR]

Barbo 03-03-2008 05:31 PM

Baby Doll

Thanks for the nice compliment. I have looked up some lemon fillings.
The one I think I'm going to try was a TWEAK by Tater Head.

If it turns out good I will re-post it. She had two old recipes from 2005/06
and I'm going to try the one called "Filling That Takes More Time"

Will report after I get it done.

Say Hey 03-10-2008 03:37 PM

Pumpkin Roll

:clap: I made this pumpkin roll and it is one of the best desserts I have ever made. I put sugar free pudding with pumpkin pie spice in the middle. This is super YUMMY!!!! Thank you so much.:cool:

Barbo 03-10-2008 04:37 PM

BabyDollsea Here's the lemon filling

I did post the lemon filling last week, along with Tater's Angel Food Cake,
did you see it? If not well I think I'll just post it here for you.

Soon as our trifle is finished off (oh tears for me to have that job) :rofl:
I shall try that pumpkin roll, it will be a thing of love....

Low Carb Lemon “FILLING THAT'S TAKES MORE TIME"
Tater/Somersize Tweak
6 egg yolks
1 packet unflavored gelatin
1-cup water
1 Quick Pack Splenda
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp butter
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest (must have)
1/4 tsp salt

In a LG sauce pan blend all ingredients until smooth using wire whisk, then turn on heat. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Meanwhile cook your crust and allow to
cool.

Pie crust:
6 oz. cream cheese
3 eggs
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup Splenda
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Pour into a 10-inch non-stick spring form cake pan lined with parchment paper, bake until light brown,
about 12 minutes. (I line mine with a circle of parchment after I spray it with Pam. then smooth paper out to edges.)
Undo the ring on spring form cake pan and then place the 8-inch pie pan on top of crust and flip it over peel off paper. Smooth the crust up sides, cut excess off. Put back in oven, bake for 5 minutes to dry it out a touch. Cool, fill with lemon filling or favorite cream filling, chocolate cream etc.

Whip:
8oz. heavy cream
1 tsp. Splenda Quick Pack
1 tsp. vanilla extract

When filling is cooled and in the crust. Put whipped cream on top of pie; leave a little edges of the lemon pie to show. Shower the cream with lemon zest.

My tweak part of this is adding more Splenda as we like lemon things to
be sweet/tart. Also I put two different of her recipes together.
I hope that you will try this clever and delicious recipe.
Barbo

bluebirder 03-10-2008 05:16 PM

This looks great! I would like to try it. What kind of protein powder did you use? Would WPI work?

babydollsea 03-10-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirder (Post 10046342)
This looks great! I would like to try it. What kind of protein powder did you use? Would WPI work?

I used Designer Whey Natural flavor...but you could use vanilla whey!

Also, Thanks, Barbo...I can't wait to hear about your recipe! I am anxious to try it!

Mrs.Hyder 04-11-2013 04:26 PM

Oh wow that looks DELICIOSO! Totally making this the next time my hubby tries to make me watch M*A*S*H

bwylde 04-17-2013 01:37 PM

I must make this the next time I get my hands on some cream cheese :)