Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   nestle media crema table cream (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/543643-nestle-media-crema-table-cream.html)

That Girl 02-25-2008 10:55 AM

nestle media crema table cream
 
anybody have any idea as to what i can use this for? i can't remember why i even bought it! thanks! :o

SkeeterN 02-25-2008 11:02 AM

This is terrific when something you wish to make calls for heavy cream. I have made a dessert with this that kevinpa posted His Buckeye Cookie Bars. Nice to have on hand

Charski 02-25-2008 11:10 AM

Search this forum for "table cream" - there are several recipes using it, one I remember is a fudge!

That Girl 02-25-2008 11:20 AM

:hiya:thanks, i have so much lc items around and stacks of recipes that i have copied, i guess i need to get organized.....:doh:

Kevinpa 02-25-2008 11:25 AM

I add powered whole eggs and sweetener to it and use it as a sub for sweetened condensed milk. I have even used it without the eggs and just sweetened a bit when I was out of the eggs.

LaurieRobo 02-25-2008 12:07 PM

I have a couple cans on hand and I used it saturday night for ??? I have CRS!!!!!!

Oh yea - mashed caulflower very good!

I only had enough heavy cream for coffee sunday morning and didn't feel like making a trip out.

I used the rest of the can beaten w/ 2 oz cream cheese, 32 oz full fat yogurt and 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, w/ glucoman powder and chia seeds. For my week of snacks!

Barbo 02-25-2008 12:10 PM

Crema
 
I love having the stuff on hand. Charski, thanks for the idea of making
it into condensed milk. Oh you are good:cool:

Usually pick it up at Walmart. Good price too.

Pompom2 02-26-2008 11:43 AM

Our local Amish store had these cans recently for 6 for $1. I bought 6 but have never opened one up.

Dixie Barkley 02-26-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 9986566)
I add powered whole eggs and sweetener to it and use it as a sub for sweetened condensed milk. I have even used it without the eggs and just sweetened a bit when I was out of the eggs.

Kevin, I have a couple of questions on this and one is can you use whole eggs rather than the powdered and, if so, how many and if you use the powdered how much do you use? I am not familiar with the powdered whole eggs. As an afterthought, could you use egg beaters? Also, how much sweetener do you use.

coconutmilk 11-06-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Barkley (Post 9992164)
Kevin, I have a couple of questions on this and one is can you use whole eggs rather than the powdered and, if so, how many and if you use the powdered how much do you use? I am not familiar with the powdered whole eggs. As an afterthought, could you use egg beaters? Also, how much sweetener do you use.

I was wondering the same things?
Vikki:confused:

Pippa 02-28-2013 03:27 PM

Nestlé media crema ok for portable HWC coffee creamer?
 
Hello peeps. I am traveling soon and am looking for a portable substitute for heavy cream to pack in my low-carb survival kit. Thanks!

Divabunny 02-28-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pippa (Post 16286982)
Hello peeps. I am traveling soon and am looking for a portable substitute for heavy cream to pack in my low-carb survival kit. Thanks!

Trader Joes also had this little carton (the size of a juice box) of shelf stable whipping cream, I don't know what the consistency was but it was a little over a buck. That could work too.

ouizoid 02-28-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divabunny (Post 16287016)
Trader Joes also had this little carton (the size of a juice box) of shelf stable whipping cream, I don't know what the consistency was but it was a little over a buck. That could work too.

It is just wonderful. I have a bunch in the cupboard. Come in so handy.

rosethorns 02-28-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divabunny (Post 16287016)
Trader Joes also had this little carton (the size of a juice box) of shelf stable whipping cream, I don't know what the consistency was but it was a little over a buck. That could work too.

These are awesome to take camping too.

Charski 02-28-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divabunny (Post 16287016)
Trader Joes also had this little carton (the size of a juice box) of shelf stable whipping cream, I don't know what the consistency was but it was a little over a buck. That could work too.

Now how have I missed THIS?!! :dunno: Is it with the other stuff like soy milk and almond milk??

Divabunny 02-28-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16287383)
Now how have I missed THIS?!! :dunno: Is it with the other stuff like soy milk and almond milk??

I just randomly came across it on a display shelf with a bunch of baking items, so I don't know where it would normally be - never noticed it before!

Yaz 02-28-2013 07:31 PM

I wonder if I could use this in place of sweetened condensed milk to make Indian Sweets (Burfi & Peda.)

I have managed to make them sugar free but I'm not 100% happy with my results using condensed milk.

brr9270 03-02-2013 12:11 PM

If using the TJ shelf stable heavy cream to whip, just make sure you chill it first.

SCOTTSDALEJULIE 03-02-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brr9270 (Post 16291047)
If using the TJ shelf stable heavy cream to whip, just make sure you chill it first.

What area of the store?

PaminKY 03-04-2013 02:06 PM

I bought some at TJ's a while back but haven't used it. Thanks for the tip to chill before whipping.

ouizoid 03-04-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE (Post 16291230)
What area of the store?

with the baking goods

SCOTTSDALEJULIE 03-04-2013 02:33 PM

Thanks. Oizoid

mirinblue 03-06-2013 01:10 PM

It's only avail at TJ's during the winter months I think. I can never find it in the summer and then it's back by Thanksgiving..it's great to use in anything if you don't have cream. I've even mixed it with water and used in a protein smoothie in a pinch...I like the media crema too.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM.