Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyard
WOE: Atkins, restart, again.
Start Date: November 26, 2007
Cleo: I your pizza. I made it last night and even my 1 and 3 year old boys loved it. It was sooooooo yummy. Unfortunately, I couldn't pick it up, though, it was too soft for that. I think maybe I made it too thick? I made it in a 13 x 9 inch glass pan because my pizza pan is ruined. I'll spare you the story but it involves my DH, the grill and propane. 'Nough said. I should have taken pictures to show you. I'll definitely try it again, though. Thanks for all your recipes! I oopsies too

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #152
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I've noticed that glass pans take longer and tend not to brown as well.

Once the crust toughened up, if you can remove it in one piece with a spatula (metal), you could try setting it on aluminum foil on the oven shelf and see if that doesn't work.

I've been tempted to put mine right on the oven rack for kicks once the crust set up.

I lubs propane! Let me know when you do it again! I'll bring the Diet Coke. LOL
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imjoyful
Stats: 220/ *ugh* /170
WOE: CAD
Start Date: June 2007
Cleo, I will try baking it for a little longer to see if it's easier to get out of the pan that way.

I clicked on the link you posted and got all the recipes on one page! Woo-hoo now I don't have to keep looking for them!

Thanks again.. my mom couldn't believe that I ate cauliflower (and liked it!)
imjoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #154
something there

LOL! That is hilarious, imjoyful! I am so glad having it all on one page helps. I also updated nutritional information, thanks to the advice of friends. I hadn't realized it wasn't all there.

As an aside, I held to a birthday party this weekend, and made cupcakes. One of my friend's daughters asked if they were made from cauliflower. !!!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #155
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
I'm going to be trying this as soon as I get the ingredients. How many servings does the original recipe make? I am thinking I'll probably want to double or triple it since I like eating a LOT more than I enjoy cooking. If I double or triple it what size cookie sheet do I need? I'm not even sure I still have any cookie sheets...

Also I'm concerned about ricing the cauliflower. I have a food processor but rarely use it. My options are chop, puree, pulse...any tips on doing this???

TIA
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #156
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Quote:
I'm having pizza for breakfast
Well, obviously, the next step is a breakfast pizza recipe..........she said sitting here polishing off last night's leftovers for lunch.
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #157
something there

I would say the original recipe makes 4-6 servings at the most (10" pizza), but the other day I ate two servings! I was starvin' like Lee Marvin.

If you double, you could probably use a small jelly roll pan or use a big cookie sheet and get a 14" + pizza. I did that. But then you have a big, rectangle pizza (not that there's anything wrong with it). I walked around with it in my hand and ate it. It's good stuff, even a day or two later.

I would use pulse for the food processor. But only because it seems to be the easiest way to gauge how much you want it chopped up. Otherwise, I'd use shop. I wonder if puree would turn it into mashed taters!

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #158
something there

ew-- A friend has come up with a breakfast pizza (she'll be sharing it soon), and I have a new one coming up today that I'm excited about.

Please keep posting pictures and let's share ideas! I have so much fun learning from you guys.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I would say the original recipe makes 4-6 servings at the most (10" pizza), but the other day I ate two servings! I was starvin' like Lee Marvin.

If you double, you could probably use a small jelly roll pan or use a big cookie sheet and get a 14" + pizza. I did that. But then you have a big, rectangle pizza (not that there's anything wrong with it). I walked around with it in my hand and ate it. It's good stuff, even a day or two later.

I would use pulse for the food processor. But only because it seems to be the easiest way to gauge how much you want it chopped up. Otherwise, I'd use shop. I wonder if puree would turn it into mashed taters!
Thanks. I either got rid of my cookie sheets when I moved 2 years ago or they are somewhere I might never find them until I move again... so I'm going to get a new one. Since I don't really need a cookie sheet I might get a large pizza pan.

If this is as good as I expect it will be I might just have to have a pizza party and invite some friends over...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #160

I have a friend who can't eat tomato so any suggestions for a different sauce would be appreciated...she orders "white pizza" when we go out.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: farmgirl
Stats: 24/16-18/12 6'2
WOE: hhcg
I am living off of this pizza Cleo! God love ya! I increased the c auliflower and only used 1 C of cheese total. It is a soft crust so next time (tomorrow!) I will line my cookie sheet w/ foil. Then when it's set, take it out and lay that directly on the rack. I still love it this way though. I've never eaten so many veggies!

Thanks,

Lisa
farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jamingrs
Stats: 224.8/196.0/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sometime in 2000
Diamond Deb, I made one the other day with pesto sauce, green peppers, goat cheese and mozzarella. It was awesome!
jamingrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imjoyful
Stats: 220/ *ugh* /170
WOE: CAD
Start Date: June 2007
Got another batch of breadsticks in the oven now. This time I used some pizza/pasta seasoning that I've got in a grinder (I put a BUNCH on) and some garlic powder. It smells SO GOOD in here now!

The only bad thing is.. I'm not really fond of the way the place smells after I cook the cauliflower. Maybe I only notice it because I never (and I mean NEVER) cooked it before. I am determined to get this recipe right and have my never-touch-a-veggie-unless-it's-potatoes-or-corn children eat it! Then they'll say "YUM Mom, what was that?", thinking I'll say it was hash browns... and I'll say "cauliflower" and watch their angelic faces turn shocked... as the music starts playing and I start to laugh.... mwahahahahahahaha...

Oh sorry I was having a moment.. back to lurkville..
imjoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keokagal
Stats: 212.5/207.5/175
WOE: Low Carb/Whole Foods/Gluten Free
Start Date: 2/18/2014
Made the pizza last nite. C'mon how bizarre! It was so good! Freakin cauliflower crust. Who thinks up these things? DH who hates cauliflower ate a whole pizza.
RE: wet cauliflower. you can squeeze out the xtra water/moisture from the cauli by 1. squeezing w your hands (cooled of course) 2. place it in a clean dishtowel and squeeze 3. try to rice it in a ricer, it squeezes all the water out but my ricer won't rice the cauli- great for drying it out though.
Now I'll have to try the Lasagna.

Thanks Cleo!
keokagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #165
something there

Diamond-- I am a major Alfredo sauce fan.

Pesto sauce rocks my socks, too.

I made a cauliflower bruschetta the other day with pesto on top.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Quote:

OK now Cleo!! Hand that recipe over!!

HUGS
Christina
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyard
WOE: Atkins, restart, again.
Start Date: November 26, 2007
Yeah, Cleo. Hand it over and nobody gets hurt!
Cyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #168
something there

Oh, it was easy. All I did was make the crust and pre-bake. Then I spread on the pesto, chopped black olives, some artichoke hearts, pine nuts, parmesan and mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomato. Then I popped it back into the oven for 5+ minutes at 450 until the cheese went melty. I pulled it out and sliced it inn half and then into strips. I guess I could have cut it like a pizza, too.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
I have a head of fresh cauliflower is it okay to just cook or steam it or do you have to have the frozen cauliflower?
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #170
something there

You can steam it from scratch and then shred it or process it. I'm just a lazy butt.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Not lazy...just easy!! LOL Luv ya Cleo!!

HUGS
Christina

Oh..and I do mine fresh..just grate in your processor or grater and then nuke for 5 min tops...
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
okay I must say I was a skeptic. But because Cleo's oopsie invention has been such a great experiece, I decided to give this a try. All I can say is Cleo is a kitchen goddess! At this point if she told me to shovel a pot of dirt and cook it I would. This pizza is amazing! I have a 13 inch pizza pan, and I think I over did it by quadrupaling the recipe...but wow! It is amazing. To think I had not eaten Cauliflower in years...didn't think I liked it! Unreal, you really are so creative and make this way of life an amazing adventure.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #173

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Oh, it was easy. All I did was make the crust and pre-bake. Then I spread on the pesto, chopped black olives, some artichoke hearts, pine nuts, parmesan and mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomato. Then I popped it back into the oven for 5+ minutes at 450 until the cheese went melty. I pulled it out and sliced it inn half and then into strips. I guess I could have cut it like a pizza, too.
Thanks. This sounds good. I know my friend loves Alfredo (I do too) and pesto sounds very good, too.

Maybe if I feed them enough yummy LC foods my friends will want to join me in this WOE. At least occasionally, if not more often.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #174
something there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra2721 View Post
okay I must say I was a skeptic. But because Cleo's oopsie invention has been such a great experiece, I decided to give this a try. All I can say is Cleo is a kitchen goddess! At this point if she told me to shovel a pot of dirt and cook it I would. This pizza is amazing! I have a 13 inch pizza pan, and I think I over did it by quadrupaling the recipe...but wow! It is amazing. To think I had not eaten Cauliflower in years...didn't think I liked it! Unreal, you really are so creative and make this way of life an amazing adventure.

I love you. I think I just blew boogers out of my nose. Thank you for being so sweet!

mac-- you rock!

DiamondDeb-- that's the thing that always turned me off to low carbing-- thinking I had to give up my favorite foods!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alison Jean 71
Stats: 159/121/119 5'6" 40yrs
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: January 3, 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra2721 View Post
Me too!
Alison Jean 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Cleo,

I made the Deep Dish version again tonight and you know what? We ate it like focaccia. Let it settle and eat it with your meal! Tonight we had roasted wild Alaskan salmon and broccoli and Cleo's Focaccia! YUMMMM!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
thanks cleo I made it last night for supper it turned out pretty good a little moist on the bottom in the middle, it was really good, I put ham and bacon on it and I used an italian blend of cheeses and for the spices I had a blend of italian seasoning
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RVlady
Cleo,

I made your pizza again yesterday. I used the entire bag of cauliflower and once again cooked it until slightly mush on purpose. I am so lazy I decided the grating step was too much trouble for me. NO PROBLEM. I mashed it with a fork and dabbed it with paper towels to get some moisture out. Mixed it with a Jumbo egg which is the only size I ever have in the house, then added mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese until is looked like the right texture. Also added italian seasoning in with the egg. I patted it down with my hand on a large jelly roll pan lined with quick release foil. Really worked on making sure it was even all over. I turned it a few times in the oven from front to back and just baked it until it got brown. Put the toppings on and broiled it.
I had to fight DH to get half of this away from him to freeze for later. I warm the leftovers in the toaster oven.
Just wanted to let others know perhaps they can take a shortcut also.
Thanks once again for sharing this really yummy recipe with. Good luck with your writing career. I only send out your recipe with the link to the newspaper. I hope you are getting tons of hits.

Connie
RVlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Made it today, and it was pretty good! Certainly didn't taste like cauliflower. The crust browned nicely, but was a bit soggy. Or maybe I just didn't miss pizza that much after all! It was a nice change, though.

Now for that lasagna...
jacksmixedtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #180

Is the pizza good cold? I have my monthly site manager meeting Friday evening and they usually serve pizza. Not even good pizza... I'd love to take this instead.