Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlittleStar
Stats: fullfat/lowfat/nonfat
WOE: new to HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I haven't tried this specific combination with Da Vinci's but I did use the chocolate Da Vinci's syrup in the cocoa ones I made, so it might work in this one. Can't really see why not! I just liked to put the maple syrup on plain rolls, and decided to try it IN the roll and it worked! [/COLOR]
great - thanks for your response much appreciated.
AlittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]AlittleStar, you're so welcome! Hope you like them.[/COLOR]
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cinnamon Butter

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]A tip!

The sweet maple rolls make a great substitute pancake. French toast would probably be great too, though I haven't tried that yet. BUT, this morning, I used the sweet maple rolls on a fried egg sandwich with cheese and I would have sworn I was eating an egg sandwich on pancakes!! Was very good.

Also, last night I had one of the sweet maple rolls with this cinnamon butter. Total YUM!!

Cinnamon Butter

6 Servings

6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon SteviaPlus
10 packets sucralose (Splenda)
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for two minutes (or hand whip for a couple minutes). Chill.

Trace carbs ~ Enjoy!!

From Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine, Sharron Long[/COLOR]
Old 03-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
Love your variations.
jenna... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Jenna... I'm enjoying trying new things with the old rolls, and of course... gotta share! They are getting more and more "bready!" (Can ya tell I'm a bread junkie??)
Old 12-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Melody
Stats: oh no
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/19/01-Goal 7/6/02
Bumping by request.
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: twilight
Stats: 225/186.5/130
WOE: VLC/Atkins
marking
twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #98
Allergic to Carbs- I break out in Fat!

Gallery: Diana
Stats: 176.5/138.8/134 (5'3")
WOE: The Original Atkins
Start Date: 8/11/03 Restart 4/08
Been making egg buns for years... I make muffins/pizza/grilled cheese/strawberry shortcake...many more... love them
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:13 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWilldoit4me
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 03/May 08/3rd time is a charm! June 09
never made an oopsie or RR but after these pics, I gotta! I think I'll try 1/2 cc and 1/2 mayo....btw, I ran into Cleo's recipes on the net a few times before finding this place-- LOVE her recipes! can't wait til she "comes back"

tried the enchilada "tortillas" a couple weeks ago-- yum. man oh man. they cured teh craving
IWilldoit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Lots of great ideas!
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Marking this for myself.
glidergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #102
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
MaryMC - Just want to add my 2 cents.I think Cleo is brilliant and has contributed great to low carb.

But honestly, oopsies are not the original Revolution Roll. Dr. Atkins published them in his first '72 version book and the recipe has lived on since then with people tweaking them every which way since '72. I've personally been making my tweaks of his recipe (using the original cottage cheese as well as other ingredients) since 2000, when I started low carbing.

I love the oopsie rolls. It's just that the claim that they are the original revolution roll is inaccurate. The original roll was based on cottage cheese, not cream cheese. That was back in the day when Atkins allowed cottage cheese on induction.

Just sayin'...

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:45 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
In response to the above post about it not being the original, that was discussed in the first post on the first page.
slimstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #104
the condiment queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstuff View Post
In response to the above post about it not being the original, that was discussed in the first post on the first page.
Wow Slimstuff. I'm so glad you made this post!

Why? Cuz I was so turned off when I read "oopsies, the original...blah de blah" that it actually made me stop in my tracks and vicerally shut down. I read the next sentences completely without any reading comprehension. Then came and made my very angry post.

(It's just such a pet peeve of mine when people put "ownership" on recipes or call something "the original this or that." All recipes are derivative in some way. We all are inspired, borrow, tweak or expand recipes. All the time. So it's super unlikely for their to be "So-and-So's Blah de Blahs-the originals."

I would have just deleted my angry post. But think it's probably better to simply explain it and let it stand so that it's honest and people can see where I was coming from.

Again, thanks for saying, "Now wait a minute Miss Latella. We're not talking about 'Youth in Asia, we're talking about Euthenasia...mercy killing."

Because of your post, I now have the opportuntiy to respond to you, "Oh, it was? Hmmm. Well...then...nevermind."

kthnx

Last edited by pooticus; 04-16-2014 at 07:53 AM..
Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #105
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
To be sure, I never would have said oopsies were the original. That would be beyond intellectual dishonesty, and I'm so open, I share more than anyone would ever want to know. I have always maintained they were a serious goof on my part.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #106
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
When there are only four or five simple ingredients in a recipe, people are bound to come up with the same or similar variations and not be aware that someone else has done the same thing. I'd completely forgotten about it, because I'd never made them again, but a friend reminded me shortly after Cleo's Oopsie Roll recipe came out that I had a nearly identical recipe on my site and it had been there for years. It was probably one of the first recipes I'd put on my site. I doesn't bother me that someone else came up with the same idea and called it by a cute name. So what? Life's too short to worry about such things.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #107
the condiment queen

Cleo you are beyond brilliant, talented, generous, honest and open and you absolutely have always maintained that oopsies were a happy accident. But along the way, the faithful followers have attributed them to "Cleo's Oopsies" and have come to claim them as "the original."

Most of us who've been around understand how this happens. But newbies out there will just read these claims, never having met the original in Atkins '72 and then come to take up revisionist history.

It's kinda like how all the latest generation have and are being taught a COMPLETELY different set of "truths" about WWII. And at some point it's up the "old timers" to say, "Now wait a minute, that's not how that went down, originally..."

Linda - we were typing at the same time! Yes, I agree with you!!! There are so many recipes (heck, just look at hollandaise)). I know if I read Joy of Cooking or Julia Child we would figure out who first came out with it, but there are derivative recipes or even identical ones all over the internet for hollandaise sauce! That's what I was alluding to...is that it's so silly to term something "the original" or to claim it with a possessive (Cleo is not doing that but her fans do.) is silly and misleading!

Or like the BTF flour of Ouis'. She was working on a recipe at the same time I was at the same time others were. Her recipe was the one adopted and ours were not. They are all slightly different. But they were all created independently and yet if someone posts one of theirs it could be assumed one was copying the other - when in fact that didn't happen. Ouis invented her BTF on her own. As did the other person and who knows if I did or not! I get inspiration all the time and prolly inadvertently store stuff away like, "Aha! So these play well together, let's see how it does like this..."

Last edited by pooticus; 04-17-2014 at 06:35 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #108
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Preach, pooticus. It's all about positive attitude. I have been exceedingly blessed. Even though I sold my site a year ago (already? Whoa), I'm still so fortunate to be in touch with so many amazing people! Sometimes friends tell me my old site's work is showing up other places, but I have the luxury of saying I'm so happy I have had the ability to be an influencer and to make a difference. At the end of the day, it's better to be positive, to enjoy life knowing I've done what I set out to do and to celebrate the wins. I've had a hell of a lot of wins.

By the way, way to go on your losses! You're doing great, with your growing number of bowling balls.

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #109
the condiment queen

Cleo you have made a HUGE contribution to thousands (maybe even millions?) of people and have influenced and help them seek change!!!

Even though you no longer have your blog, you continue to help others see freedom by changing how they approach food and lifestyle changes. You continue to inspire and create positivity and laughter! And yes, you've had a hell of a lot of wins!