Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LESSOFME
Stats: 20/12/10 5'10"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 1/03/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanyblondie View Post
My husband and I have both made the Oopsie rolls and our batter was always really runny and would just spread out on the cookie sheet. They definitely must take some practice to perfect them! I haven't made any since my first attempt...I need to try again!
I'm right there with ya! Tried them for the first time last night and had a disaster! (thanks for your PM's Cleo) I had cream cheese/egg soup! I'm not sure what I did wrong. Before I try again I'm going to buy a new mixer. I've always dispised mine because it only has super high speed.
LESSOFME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 07:20 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShadyLola
Thanks for making the "Oopsies" Cleo because I hate the original RR. Also, I'm sure everybody knew what the original ones were already. I know you've been getting alot of attention for the "OOPSIES" and you should because they're great!!!
ShadyLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #33
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Well I tried a variation of these last night. An amalgamation of the original Atkins Revolution Roll version and also a tiny bit of Cleo's Alteration to Oopsie. They did very well against the Wendy's Baconator. I do a lower fat low carb plan. So here's what I did:

3 Tbsp 2% Cottage Cheese (small curd)
3 Large Eggs, separated
1 oz Neufchatel Cheese (like a reduced fat cream cheese)
1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
1/8 tsp Onion Powder
1 Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Dried Minced Onion
1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum

Separate eggs. Beat the white part first using a hand held electric mixer. Start whipping eggs until they are foamy and have doubled. Add the cream of tartar and beat to soft peak stage. Add the xanthan gum by lightly sprinklinging over the surface of the whites. Continut to beat egg whites until firm peak stage, but do not overwhip or the whites will "break".

In bowl of a small food processor, add egg yolks, cheeses and spices (except for dehydrated onion). Pulse until smooth. Remove smooth "batter" to a separate bowl.

Use 1/3 of the whipped whites and quickly beat this into the egg yolk mixture to "loosen" the batter. Take the last 2/3rds of the whites and gently but thoroughly fold into the mixture.

Divide the dough into 6 rolls on a parchment lined pan. Top with dehydrated onion. Bake at a preheated 300* for about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 10 minutes or until cool. Texture will go from light and brittle feeling to a flexible, bun like texture.

Use 2 rolls for a hamburger or bun for other sandwiches.

1 serving = 2 bun portions: (doesn't include the counts for Xanthan Gum yet).

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 115 Calories; 7g Fat (59.9% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 220mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Last edited by pooticus; 02-21-2008 at 07:44 AM..
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #34
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilso22 View Post
Thanks for making the "Oopsies" Cleo because I hate the original RR. Also, I'm sure everybody knew what the original ones were already. I know you've been getting alot of attention for the "OOPSIES" and you should because they're great!!!
You are so kind. Thank you so much!

I'm just glad I can pay it forward.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
Pooticus, that DOES sound good. I think I'm going to try that variation next.

Again folks, I only posted the original recipe because I kept reading posts (I swear, I am not crazy nor a troublemaker) where many people were confused about the original, so apparently not a lot of people even knew there were "old" rolls. I agree Cleo's rolls are very good, but then again, I also like the original version AND the version with mayo, AND well, maybe just about any version ya'll come up with. But ... I love Cleo! And besides, I think Cleo resurrected the whole Revolution Roll thing from the dead recipe file anyway! And that is a good thing.
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #36
Taking a break

Gallery: JustKim
I have not tried the oopsie version, but have been making RRs for years and think the ricotta does much better than the cottage cheese. I also think they are best the "next day" after they have been in a ziploc bag for awhile
JustKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #37
something there

Kim-- the oopsies are very pliable. I really quite prefer them to the original recipe. And, opposed to the RR, which tend to be dry by nature, these you actually want to let 'rest' on the counter prior to using!

Isn't it odd how both recipes result such different results?!

(Is that American Gladiator, or are you a tv star and holding out on us)?

mary-- It's good knowing the difference between the old and the new, but many prefer the new. I hope I didn't resurrect the original recipe, because I don't really like it. I'd hate for people to mistake oopsies for the originals.

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just like the idea that you resurrected the whole idea of the egg white rolls, no matter what anybody adds into them, whether it be mayo, cream cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta or whatever! Different strokes for different folks. Like I said, so far I like them all but I think the whole idea of the rolls had kinda gone the wayside - until your oopsie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
mary-- It's good knowing the difference between the old and the new, but many prefer the new. I hope I didn't resurrect the original recipe, because I don't really like it. I'd hate for people to mistake oopsies for the originals.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
OMG I just realized y'all are using 2 for buns and not trying to slice those suckers LOL LOL no wonder mine always crumbled up and tore. Might have to give those another go when my WP isolate runs out as eggs and cream cheese are a lot cheaper then WP and flax
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #40
Taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big4mysize View Post
OMG I just realized y'all are using 2 for buns and not trying to slice those suckers LOL LOL no wonder mine always crumbled up and tore. Might have to give those another go when my WP isolate runs out as eggs and cream cheese are a lot cheaper then WP and flax
I did the same thing at first!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #41
Taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Kim-- the oopsies are very pliable. I really quite prefer them to the original recipe. And, opposed to the RR, which tend to be dry by nature, these you actually want to let 'rest' on the counter prior to using!

Isn't it odd how both recipes result such different results?!

(Is that American Gladiator, or are you a tv star and holding out on us)?

That is Helga from American Gladiators (and my idol ) we have the same build...so she is my continued inspiration shot.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #42
something there

{{{mary}}}

LOL 2big and Kim! I have a lot of folks say they try to slice them. Of course, I just think everyone should be able to read my mind and know exactly what I meant.

Kim-- She isn't someone I'd tangle with--and still pretty! And definitely with more hair than Hogan! (lol)
Old 02-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was wondering ... has anybody tried the original roll recipe but with sour cream instead of cottage cheese? I have some sour cream I need to use up but thought I would ask first! Making some burgers tomorrow so I'm also gonna make some more of Cleo's with the cream cheese too.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #44
something there

I wonder about sour cream, but only because it's not totally solid at room temperature? Cream cheese tends to hold together better. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe trying 1/2 CC and 1/2 SC might be a way to work with it?
Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mallory
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
I was wondering ... has anybody tried the original roll recipe but with sour cream instead of cottage cheese? I have some sour cream I need to use up but thought I would ask first! Making some burgers tomorrow so I'm also gonna make some more of Cleo's with the cream cheese too.
I did once but didnt like the taste..kinda sour! I like sour cream alot but not in these..it was a very off taste to me..maybe for a savory one with spices thrown in..but not the original recipe..IMO
Mallory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:46 AM   #46
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Bejeweled
Stats: 207+/152.6/140 5'7" - 16/6-8/?
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 12/8/07
I made these and melted some butter, cinnamon and splenda and poured it on top. An a dollup of whipped cream.

YUM!!
Bejeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodness, that sounds sooooo good. Which recipe did you use? (cottage, ricotta, cream cheese, etc.?) Did you put extra sweetener in the rolls too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejeweled View Post
I made these and melted some butter, cinnamon and splenda and poured it on top. An a dollup of whipped cream.

YUM!!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
I'm one of the ones who slice my oopsies in half, but only because I am so lazy by nature, and this way they last twice as long.

Pat
Patlaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #49
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Bejeweled
Stats: 207+/152.6/140 5'7" - 16/6-8/?
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 12/8/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
Goodness, that sounds sooooo good. Which recipe did you use? (cottage, ricotta, cream cheese, etc.?) Did you put extra sweetener in the rolls too?
I made it with the 3oz of cream cheese. The first time I made it just like cleo's recipe says, but yesterday I made a new batch and put cinnamon and a bit of vanilla extract in with the yolks. OMG it was sooo good. Could have used more cinnamon though.. I didn't measure what I put in. It was great with the cinnamon/butter/splenda mixture. I gave a piece to my 19 month old DD (without the cinnamon and butter stuff) and she loved it and kept asking for more! My 8 year old was not a fan
Bejeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: meatmama
OMG - thank you so much cleo for this recipe. I made them last night and love them. This is the first LC recipe I have tried from here. I think I am going to make the cream cheese muffins my second.

These ARE the ORIGINAL OOPSIE!! They don't even compare to the Revolution Rolls. A whole different taste and texture in my book. SUPERB!!

I don't post usually and am a lurker - but these rolls brought me out of lurkdom they are so good!
meatmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #51
something there

{{{{{Blessedmom}}}}}}}

I am so thankful that you like the oopsies! I think the title of the thread is a little misleading because oopsies are not Revolution Rolls, and RRs aren't oopsies. But I think people know the difference, and I know mary was hoping to end the confusion.

Bejeweled-- you can make waffles with the oopsie batter! My 6 year old LOVES waffles!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh lordy no... I never meant to mislead anybody!!! That's why I also posted Cleo's with the old version ... besides, it was a bit selfish cuz I wanted to have a easy go-to place to find her recipe too! I love ALL the versions.. (well, except that darned pizza one that I totally FAILED at but I may have to give that another go too.)
Old 02-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: steelelori
Stats: 187.8/183.8/135
WOE: Modified Atkins/Lower carb
Start Date: 1/3/2014
I am making oopsies now but I think I may have created a mess instead...we'll see. My "batter" was kind of runny. I filled a 12 cup muffin pan because I couldn't have stacked the "batter" for nothing. Oh well. I'll have to wait and see what I pull out of the oven...lol. I think my egg whites were not stiff enough though but since I've never made meringue who knows....now that I have read some of the last few posts I know it's probably not thick enough.
steelelori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejeweled View Post
I made it with the 3oz of cream cheese. The first time I made it just like cleo's recipe says, but yesterday I made a new batch and put cinnamon and a bit of vanilla extract in with the yolks. OMG it was sooo good. Could have used more cinnamon though.. I didn't measure what I put in. It was great with the cinnamon/butter/splenda mixture. I gave a piece to my 19 month old DD (without the cinnamon and butter stuff) and she loved it and kept asking for more! My 8 year old was not a fan

So, they're really that good? I might have to try them, then.
LisaMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The first time I tried to make RR that's what I did, and I kept thinking SURELY this batter is not supposed to be like this. I made a huge mess of that batch! You have to beat those whites until you can take the bowl and literally turn it upside down without any whites falling out. Then you know it's beat right. Now I just put em in the Kitchen Aid and let it go full blast until they are ready. I think I beat them on about medium the first time but I didn't know what I was looking for as far as the outcome either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelelori View Post
I am making oopsies now but I think I may have created a mess instead...we'll see. My "batter" was kind of runny. I filled a 12 cup muffin pan because I couldn't have stacked the "batter" for nothing. Oh well. I'll have to wait and see what I pull out of the oven...lol. I think my egg whites were not stiff enough though but since I've never made meringue who knows....now that I have read some of the last few posts I know it's probably not thick enough.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: steelelori
Stats: 187.8/183.8/135
WOE: Modified Atkins/Lower carb
Start Date: 1/3/2014
I am in total shock...that mess I had thought I was making actually turned out really good! I love the oopsies...I've been eating them plain I will experiment with putting stuff on them later. I did discover however that I was not going to make chicken and dumplings out of them...now that I've tried them I did not think it would be very good.
steelelori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #57
something there

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelelori View Post
I am in total shock...that mess I had thought I was making actually turned out really good! I love the oopsies...I've been eating them plain I will experiment with putting stuff on them later. I did discover however that I was not going to make chicken and dumplings out of them...now that I've tried them I did not think it would be very good.
I am so glad they turned out well for you despite the floopy whites. I have found that you really have to get those suckers stiff, and really minimally blend in the yolks. Even then, sometimes a couple go floopy. Those make great pitas or french toast!

Way to go on your success!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, you did a far better job than I did the first time. You'll find these will become your staple go to.

Okay... I just had to show this one off. I was out of cream cheese, so I made the original Revolution Roll recipe except that I substituted mayo for the cottage cheese. I think that the next batch I may do half mayo and half cream cheese. The kicker for these is that I also added in a tablespoon of sun dried tomato basil pesto! It was delicious and I think it could have taken even more of it. Even with the mayo the rolls held up great!! I don't know if anybody has done the tomato pesto with the Oopsies but it would be marvelous! I would post this in the Oopsie thread, but it isn't technically an Oopsie I suppose...

So ... TADA.... I present, my Double Meat Bacon Cheddar Cheese Burger with mayo, low carb ketchup and dill pickles on a Sun Dried Tomato Pesto mayo Revolution Roll. Click on that thumbnail guys... now you tell me what is wrong with that! yum, yum, yum, yum, yum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1341.jpg (20.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg img_1379.jpg (61.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg img_1388.jpg (48.8 KB, 50 views)
Old 02-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #59
something there

That looks great, mary!

Way to go!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Purple"]Okay, I made my usual batch of the regular Revolution Rolls with cottage cheese but this time I tossed a scoop of protein powder in with the yolks, following Alcheme's lead from what I saw her do on her video.

I have to tell you ... these are the closest to real bread I have eaten!!!! She is right, it really gives them some substance and makes them very bread-like! Now, of course, it also adds some carbs so you do have to factor that in, but worth a go on your next batch! Give it a try. They pretty much look the same but I'll post some pictures of them later on. I just made a turkey and cheese sammie, and I tell ya, these could hold up to a burger with condiments easy. My camera batteries are charging right now so I'll post them when I can ... just wanted to share the tip!
[/COLOR]