Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Cereal Made From Joseph's Lavash Bread (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/541987-cereal-made-josephs-lavash-bread.html)

cjack1 02-14-2008 11:16 AM

Cereal Made From Joseph's Lavash Bread

I tried to post this a couple of days ago, but I don't think it went. If this is a repeat, my apologies.

Anyway....I made cereal that tastes like Lucky Charms from Joseph's Lavash Bread. Here's how I did it.

Cut one piece of Joseph's Lavash Bread into 64 approximately one inch squares. Soak the squares in 1/4 cup or so of DaVinci's Toasted Marshmallow SF Syrup for about 15 minutes. Take squares out of syrup and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Don't try this without parchment or a silicon baking mat because these things are pretty sticky. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Turn oven off and leave squares in until oven cools. They should be bone dry by that time. This makes a delicious, crispy cereal that tastes like the real thing. You could use other flavors of DaVinci, sprinkle with cinnamon, etc. to flavor it however you like. If you miss cold cereal on occasion, this with some Hood's Calorie Countdown milk and you're set.

Ann Lytle 02-14-2008 04:09 PM

Yes, I saw your post the other day and made it today with vanilla DaVinci's. I'm not much of a cereal person, but used it as a snack and it is really good. Thanks for the recipe. Ann

Yummy's_Girl 02-14-2008 05:00 PM

This looks really good. Can't wait to try it!

Berrymuch 07-09-2008 11:52 PM

Wow this sounds interesting im going to give this a try

SmileySue 07-10-2008 08:47 AM

:) Ohhh - good idea - sounds yummy!!

jerikay 07-20-2008 04:03 PM

I made a batch with a Josephs' pita and can't wait to eat my cereal tomorrow morning-
it made a little over 2/3 cup from 1 pita. I separated the layers and it turned out light and crispy. If I like this, I will make a big batch from the entire package. What a low carb breakfast cereal!

What a great idea! How did you ever think of this cjack1?

cjack1 07-21-2008 10:12 AM

I started making crackers with the Joseph's Lavash Bread and was pleased with the results. I have a large bottle of Davinci's Toasted Marshmallow syrup that I couldn't think of a use for, even though I like the taste. It reminds me of cereal, so I just decided to give it a try. The result was quite good for a low carb cereal that is very similar to regular.

jerikay 07-21-2008 12:48 PM

cereal

1 Attachment(s)
This is really tasty!:heart:

julesgirl3 10-17-2008 06:20 PM

Lavash cereal

Hi,

I tried making this cereal tonight. I was SO excited to finally have something crunchy and sweet...like real cereal. WHAT DID I DO WRONG??? It came out in mushy clumps...and you would never guess there were two sheets of Lavash bread used. A tiny bit of it got crunchy...the rest...blah!

Please direct me in how to make this the right way...so I can enjoy a crunchy snack or a bowl of cold cereal.

Thanks,
Julie

kathy76 03-08-2009 06:22 AM

bump.....wanting to try this to add to a trail mix

Angeloco 07-14-2012 01:19 PM

I know this is a real old thread but I tried this and we love it. I made 6 pkgs yesterday. This is what I did. I cut each piece of flax bread into four pieces. Then I soaked them in sf syrup re: cookie dough, banana, blueberry, and strawberry. I baked them at 300 degrees on pam sprayed baking pans for about 15-20 minutes flipping halfway. I also sprayed them on both sides. They were delicious. Cookie doughs our favorite. The strawberry and blueberry ones were hardto get crisp without burning. So worth the time investment. I broke them down putting 1/2 sheet into snack size bags. We will use as cereal, crackers, or chips. I am also making Jen's wonderful cereal to add to some, along with my dehydrated strawberries, blueberries, and strawberries.

Thank you OP for this great idea.

buttoni 07-15-2012 10:06 AM

I don't do cereal (don't like milk) myself. But I see these as being great little "snack crackers". Thanks for sharing!

rosethorns 07-15-2012 10:58 AM

I love this idea and will pass it on to my friends. Thanks

sherrymyra 07-16-2012 09:10 PM

How do they stand up in milk? They sound great. Would love to have a crunchy cereal with almond milk.

Angeloco 07-17-2012 05:09 AM

They hold up great in milk. My husband takes one serving size bag out of the freezer most days and pours milk on it to eat as cereal. When we camp he pours the milk in the bag. If he's driving he just eats it like it was granola. It's delicious.

Yesterday, I mixed 8 oz softened cream cheese with 5 T raspberry sf syrup. Spread some on the chips. So good, simple, and versatile.

sherrymyra 07-29-2012 10:27 AM

I just made this today. Turned out great. Haven't tried it with the almond milk yet.

miboje 02-05-2013 08:19 AM

Wow! I'd have never thought about this! Thanks!

janetsbreeze 02-05-2013 08:39 AM

Subbing to make!

ahogue81 02-06-2013 07:47 PM

Subbing to make

elainesmith 02-17-2013 04:42 PM

I made these with caramel syrup...lovely sweet crackers...so good with a little peanut butter
yummy