Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Hey Cleo!!!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/541636-hey-cleo.html)

babydollsea 02-12-2008 01:38 PM

Hey Cleo!!!!!

I made the Oosie into a "Chocolate Eclair Cake"!!!

First I baked it in a 9x13 inch baking dish for 35 minutes (double batch). But I added the sugar free vanilla pudding (1/2 package), 1 tbsp Davinci vanilla syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract.

While it baked, I made a pudding with 2 cups Hood milk (the other half of the vanilla plus 1 more 4 oz. package).

When it cooled. I cut it into thirds and placed it into a loaf pan. The first layer then pudding, second oopsie layer, then pudding and third oopsie layer. I made a chocolate pudding top (1 1/2 cup Hood milk). It is in the fridge. I will take a photo and try to upload it so you can see! I am not good with that kind of stuff...After dinner, I will let you know how it tastes!!!

Hopefully, it isnt too high in carbs because of the pudding.

Thanks again!!!!

babydollsea 02-12-2008 03:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics

CarolynF 02-12-2008 03:29 PM

Baby: Now that looks wonderful! You will have probably 8 or more servings in that dessert, so it's not more than one serving of SF pudding, really. What a great idea putting the chocolate pudding over the top..:)

cleochatra 02-12-2008 04:05 PM

That is beautiful! You did such a wonderful job!

babydollsea 02-12-2008 07:06 PM

Just wanted to let you know it was fabulous! My daughter and my husband loved it!!!

cleochatra 02-12-2008 07:12 PM

I had no doubt. Though I kept waiting patiently with my plate out just like so, and never got to sneak any...

AnDee 02-12-2008 07:58 PM

[COLOR="Navy"]Oh, my.........that looks scrumptious. What a great idea.:up:

Anne

[/COLOR]

Patlaf 02-13-2008 12:15 AM

That really does look good enough to eat.

Pat

Yummy's_Girl 02-13-2008 12:25 AM

Looks yummy. Maybe its just me because im half asleep but im having trouble understanding where the vanilla pudidng mix went? was it a pudding layer and then the cholcate was on top?

Maybe i shoud go to bed and not try to figure this stuff out at this hour of the night! :hyst:

shadowzip 02-13-2008 06:52 AM

That looks awesome, Filing away for a time when I need a really good LC dessert.

Miz10pin 02-13-2008 09:23 AM

Had to subscribe....This looks soooooo goooooood! :up:
But I'm still induction, so this will have to wait.

LindaSue 02-13-2008 12:11 PM

How did you get the chocolate pudding to come out so dark? Whenever I make instant pudding, it comes out a sort of creamy pale brownish color. Did you use cook 'n serve pudding?

babydollsea 02-13-2008 01:17 PM

Thanks all for your comments!

Linda Sue: I made the 4 oz. package of sugar free instant with only 1 1/2 cups of Hood milk. It is thicker (and possibly darker) because I didn't use the full 2 cups called for on the box.

We are having some for dessert today! Can't wait...

If it wasn't for Cleopatra and her "oopsie" bun recipe, I would not be trying all these cool variations!

Thanks again Cleopatra!!!:clap:

Yummy's_Girl 02-13-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydollsea (Post 9937561)
Thanks all for your comments!

Linda Sue: I made the 4 oz. package of sugar free instant with only 1 1/2 cups of Hood milk. It is thicker (and possibly darker) because I didn't use the full 2 cups called for on the box.

We are having some for dessert today! Can't wait...

If it wasn't for Cleopatra and her "oopsie" bun recipe, I would not be trying all these cool variations!

Thanks again Cleopatra!!!:clap:

Babydollsea, where was the vanilla pudding used in this cake? Was it used as a layer in the cake or was it mixedin with the oopsie batter? I'd like to try this but I wanted to clarify where the vanilla pudding was used.

babydollsea 02-13-2008 02:38 PM

Hi Yummy, sorry i missed your post:

Two boxes of vanilla sugar free pudding were used in the recipe. 1/2 box was mixed into the Oopsie batter and baked in a 9x13 pan. Once cooled, I cut oopsie into thirds. Using a loaf pan, I placed the first layer.

I mixed with 2 cups Hood, the remaining 1/2 box of vanilla pudding along with an additional 4 oz. box . Once whipped together, I added 1 cup ricotta (you could mix in cream cheese or whipping cream if you want instead). Half of the mix was spread on that first layer.

I placed the second oopsie layer and the other half of vanilla pudding mixture on top.

Finally, chocolate pudding (4 oz). whipped with 1-1/2 cups Hood was placed as "icing" on top.

I hope this helps and I didn't make more confusing! :)

Cocapelle 02-13-2008 03:28 PM

You didn't mention ricotta, in the first post. Is this a different version, or did you just forget to mention it?

Yummy's_Girl 02-13-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydollsea (Post 9937872)
Hi Yummy, sorry i missed your post:

Two boxes of vanilla sugar free pudding were used in the recipe. 1/2 box was mixed into the Oopsie batter and baked in a 9x13 pan. Once cooled, I cut oopsie into thirds. Using a loaf pan, I placed the first layer.

I mixed with 2 cups Hood, the remaining 1/2 box of vanilla pudding along with an additional 4 oz. box . Once whipped together, I added 1 cup ricotta (you could mix in cream cheese or whipping cream if you want instead). Half of the mix was spread on that first layer.

I placed the second oopsie layer and the other half of vanilla pudding mixture on top.

Finally, chocolate pudding (4 oz). whipped with 1-1/2 cups Hood was placed as "icing" on top.

I hope this helps and I didn't make more confusing! :)

Thanks so much, babydollsea! It's very clear now. That is just the info I needed!

babydollsea 02-13-2008 06:13 PM

You didn't mention ricotta, in the first post. Is this a different version, or did you just forget to mention it?

Yes, I forgot to mention it...sorry..It adds volume to the pudding a bit.

marymc 02-13-2008 08:34 PM

That looks MARVELOUS! Did you ever figure the carb count? I know the puddings are kinda high, so I'm sure it's way out of reach for me for a long time anyway <pout, pout>.

cleochatra 02-14-2008 08:55 AM

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for the recipe!

Cocapelle 02-14-2008 09:31 AM

Babbydollsea, is this the way your recipe goes?:dunno:

"Chocolate Eclair Cake"!!!

First I baked it in a 9x13 inch baking dish for 35 minutes (double batch). But I added the sugar free vanilla pudding (1/2 package), 1 tbsp Davinci vanilla syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract.

While it baked, I made a pudding with 2 cups Hood milk (the other half of the vanilla plus 1 more 4 oz. Package. Once whipped together, I added 1 cup ricotta (you could mix in cream cheese or whipping cream if you want instead). Half of the mix was spread on that first layer.

When it cooled. I cut it into thirds and placed it into a loaf pan. The first layer then pudding, second oopsie layer, then pudding and third oopsie layer. Finally, chocolate pudding (4 oz). whipped with 1-1/2 cups Hood was placed as "icing" on top.

babydollsea 02-14-2008 09:39 AM

Yes...bake in 9 x 13 for 35 minutes. Cool and cut in thirds.

Each layer will go into a loaf pan. On top of the bottom layer (Vanilla pudding), second layer (vanilla pudding), third layer (chocolate pudding)...

If some has a low carb filling in lieu of sugar free pudding, please share. I will try it with this cake....

Thanks again to Cleopatra for Oopsie's...I am going to try the sugar free gelatin mix (strawberry) next with it!

cleochatra 02-14-2008 09:57 AM

That's at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes?

babydollsea 02-14-2008 10:22 AM

Hi Cleo: Yes I baked 35 min @ 300oF. It is a different dessert. But I may stack it with a different filling next time to lower carbs. Hope you try it this way. Your recipes are soooo delicious!

cleochatra 02-14-2008 10:24 AM

Bless you. I appreciate it! {{{{{{babydollsea}}}}}} I'd like to add yours to the blog with the other decadent treats, if that's all right (with proper credit, of course)!

babydollsea 02-14-2008 10:29 AM

OMG, I am sooooo honored...Thanks so much. I love your website!

cleochatra 02-14-2008 10:33 AM

LOL. STOP (I love you). I'm just trying to pay it forward. Plus, it's nice to keep these decadent and delicious recipes in one spot. If I lost your recipe I'd probably cry.

crazywoman-n-wy 02-14-2008 08:06 PM

[COLOR=red]Here is the link to a chocolate pudding mix that I got here on the site awhile back. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...dding-mix.html#[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]It makes very good chocolate pudding. You make up a mix, then can make puddings from it. I'm not sure if you could leave out the chocolate & add extra vanilla when making up the pudding for vanilla instead of chocoate or not. Haven't tried that.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]She says you MUST use the 1 cup of cream, but I don't. I use 1/2 cup cream and the rest either white or chocolate Calorie Countdown milk. (Still call it Carb Countdown.) And it is plenty creamy enough for me. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]I replace the Splenda Granular with 1/2 tsp (1/2 pk) of Splenda Quick Pack. But I will atually reduse that some in my next batch, as it is a little too sweet for me. It may be just fine for others.[/COLOR]

babydollsea 02-15-2008 02:54 AM

Thanks so much! I will definitely give that a try!

swinglow 02-15-2008 08:15 AM

Babydollsea, I made this dessert for Valentine's day and I'd just like to say thank you so much for sharing. It's really yummy! Last night, I wasn't as crazy about it as I am today. Today it is amazing. Once it settled and chilled, I guess, the oopsies became really dense and cake like; just like yellow cake. The oopsies have held up to the pudding well. No mushiness, at all. :)

Thanks again!