Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
I totally agree with you, Swinglow. The next day it seems the cake takes on more moistness and flavor without getting soggy. I am so glad you enjoyed it!

I just made the strawberry gelatin Oospie cake. I iced with Ricotta icing (1 cup ricotta, 2 oz. cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla extract and 1 tbsp thick n'thin not sugar).

Here are the stats with the icing (10 servings):
Cal: 143
fat: 10 g
fiber: 1 g
Protein: 9 g
Carb: 3g

Net Carb: 2g per slice!

I am letting it settle also for after dinner. I will post pics and taste results!
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: AnDee
Stats: 218/183..up 199.6...now 182.2..on the way down!
WOE: Uncomplicated LC - No Flour or Grains
Start Date: Oct. 18, 2004
[COLOR="Navy"]Iím going to make the ooopsie cake with lemon jello tonight (I love anything with lemons). Iím glad you said to make it a day ahead so it gets more dense and richer tasting - when I serve it to the unsuspecting friends they wonít suspect that this is anything but a light and tasty dessert. Iím going to buy fresh sweet strawberries and chop some to add to the whipped cream for the filling, then decorate it, too Ė photos to follow. I promise.
Itís funnyÖIím actually all excited about making this recipe!

Anne

PS I'm supposed to double the batter for the cake and use one small box of s/f jello?

[/COLOR]
Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Anne

PS I'm supposed to double the batter for the cake and use one small box of s/f jello?

Hi Anne:

Are you asking about the Eclair cake or Strawberry Jello cake?

Both cakes are doubled. I added 1/2 box vanilla pudding to the Eclair cake (it tastes like a real vanilla cake the next day). I added 1 box of sf strawberry gelatin to the strawberry cake. I will taste tonight after dinner.

Good luck and Enjoy!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Navy"]Hmmm.....I was thinking of using just the lemon jello, but if adding half a box of vanilla pudding...or even better...lemon pudding, it'll be like a REAL cake after it sits overnight. Is that right? Please say it is. If you think I was excited before.....I'm jumping for joy at the prospect of making a lemon "cake" with whipped cream & strawberries.

Anne

[/COLOR]
AnDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swinglow
Stats: 247.6/236.6/195
WOE: Simeon's R1P2 til May 15, 2010
Start Date: March 28, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDee View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]Hmmm.....I was thinking of using just the lemon jello, but if adding half a box of vanilla pudding...or even better...lemon pudding, it'll be like a REAL cake after it sits overnight. Is that right? [/COLOR]
That is CORRECT!

Just remember to account for the carb difference Sugar free lemon pudding is 24 grams carbs per box while Sugar free lemon jello is 0.

Last edited by swinglow; 02-15-2008 at 02:15 PM..
swinglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Hi. Experiment #1 is in the oven with the lemon pudding added. I think that the pudding should have been added to the yokes last. Instead of the yokes & cream cheese being a bit loose, like they ususally are, they got too thick - I think it was from the pudding thickening as I whipped it all together. I was still able to fold it together, but not as easily. I also added two extra packets of splenda. Did you add extra splenda when you used the pudding recipe?

Tomorrow, I'm going to make the recipe with the jello, but I'm going to add a tbs of the leftover pudding for a bit of extra body. Also, the pudding is 6 carbs per serving, so the recipe only has 12 extra carbs for a total of 24 carbs for the entire cake; if I did my math right. I made it in a big heart-shaped pan, so it should look pretty (hopefully it'll taste okay, too).

Anne

[/COLOR]
Old 02-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #37
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: alove4candles
Stats: 169/155/130
WOE: Workin With My Body
Yummmy

I'm still on Induction...but I will save this for when I'm 1/2 way to my goal
alove4candles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mallory
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinglow View Post
That is CORRECT!

Just remember to account for the carb difference Sugar free lemon pudding is 24 grams carbs per box while Sugar free lemon jello is 0.
Actually the small box of jello is 6 hidden carbs as per LindaSue..so to be accurate, you should technically factor that in.
Mallory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Navy"]I just posted a photo of my lemon jello ooospie cake that's topped with whipped cream and strawberries. It's wonderful! Please check it out: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ml#post9951119

[/COLOR]
Old 02-17-2008, 05:07 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDee View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]I just posted a photo of my lemon jello ooospie cake that's topped with whipped cream and strawberries. It's wonderful! Please check it out: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ml#post9951119

[/COLOR]

I will try this next!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Navy"]I'm thinking that insead of using lemon jello, I'm going to use fresh lemon juice with some lemon rind and splenda. It's what I use in my sugar-free cheesecakes and those are heavenly. More experimenting...but not until next weekend. I have to make a batch of the regular ooopsie rolls so I have a batch for work this week.

Anne

[/COLOR]
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Babydoll, I made the chocolate eclair dessert this weekend, and it is fantastic. DH, who is not a dessert eater (other than plain vanilla ice cream) had two pieces after lunch and asked for it again after dinner.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:50 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
Babydoll, I made the chocolate eclair dessert this weekend, and it is fantastic. DH, who is not a dessert eater (other than plain vanilla ice cream) had two pieces after lunch and asked for it again after dinner.

Pat
Thanks Pat! I plan on making it again as well! I just made the cake with lemon gelatin (sugar free Jell-O) and 2 cups whipped heavy cream with splenda quick pack (1/2 packet) My daughter thought it tasted like a cream puff!

Here are the stats

10 pieces:165 calories
14g fat
1g fiber
4g protein
2g carb (Net 1g)

12 servings:
138 calories
12g fat
1g fibert
5g protein
2g carb (Net 1g)
Old 02-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Navy"]No more ooopsie cake for me for a while. I ate all the leftovers yesterday. :blush: I'm only going to make the rolls - MUCH safer for me. THankfully, I'm back on track today.

Anne

[/COLOR]
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #45
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I stick to the rolls unless I know that the item can be consumed within a reasonable amount of time by all-- or I make individual servings.

Cream puffs are easy, because they're single-serve. The cakes would be harrowing for me if folks in the house weren't eating it. I hate throwing things away as much as I hate making meals of them for a few days on end. LOL
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I stick to the rolls unless I know that the item can be consumed within a reasonable amount of time by all-- or I make individual servings.

Cream puffs are easy, because they're single-serve. The cakes would be harrowing for me if folks in the house weren't eating it. I hate throwing things away as much as I hate making meals of them for a few days on end. LOL
_______
No more ooopsie cake for me for a while. I ate all the leftovers yesterday. I'm only going to make the rolls - MUCH safer for me. THankfully, I'm back on track today.

Anne

I agree with you both! I plan on making the cakes for special occasions only. I will stick with the rolls in the meantime...much more easier to maintain. Sweets should be "a once in a while" treat for me, too!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #47
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I am not a sweet eater. For me, make mine starches! I think I'm lucky in a way, because it's harder to get in sweets on a low-carb diet than starches.

I really rely on people making dessert items with the oopsies because we just don't eat much dessert here. We're crackers and popcorn chicken kind of people.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:40 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I am not a sweet eater. For me, make mine starches! I think I'm lucky in a way, because it's harder to get in sweets on a low-carb diet than starches.

I really rely on people making dessert items with the oopsies because we just don't eat much dessert here. We're crackers and popcorn chicken kind of people.
I SO MISS POPCORN!!! But the Oospies are the BEST replacement for me right now for snack or dessert or meal! Keep those recipe ideas coming, Cleo!!!!!