Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Strawberry Oopsie cake!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/539981-strawberry-oopsie-cake.html)

critter34 02-02-2008 09:01 PM

Strawberry Oopsie cake!!!

OMGosh....I made Strawberry oOopsie cake this weekend. I just made a double patch of the oopsie batter and added dry sugerfree strawberry jello to the mix...after it cools add frozen strawberries sweet with splenda. It was so good....I am gonna try a peach one next....:clap::up::cool:

hay 02-02-2008 09:06 PM

Sounds AMAZING! Yum!

cleochatra 02-02-2008 09:16 PM

That sounds very good, and definitely refreshing! Thanks for sharing your use of oopsies! I love getting new ideas!

shannoncathy 02-02-2008 10:37 PM

Woo hoo! Another great use for wonderful oopsies!!

ReneeD70 02-03-2008 01:29 AM

And I can just see the pretty pink oopsies...I bet jello was the perfect sweetness too, wasn't it?

weasel! 02-03-2008 06:13 AM

Pictures? I want to see it!

Rory 02-03-2008 06:14 AM

[COLOR="Red"]Woo Hoo[/COLOR]

(Just don't eat the green speckled ones)

critter34 02-03-2008 07:57 AM

Well it did not last long enough to take pics but I will next time....it was a very pretty color......

scrappychik 02-03-2008 08:59 AM

Sounds yummy!! TFS :)

wenig 02-03-2008 12:43 PM

YUMMMM....between your great idea of sf jello and someone elses cake idea I am ready to make a Valentines oopsie cake with strawberrie slices....yummmm
Thank you for the idea!

cleochatra 02-03-2008 12:51 PM

Strawberry slices would be fantastic... I'm thinking some rhubarb, too (for those among us who love the twang)...

Lynda99 02-03-2008 03:56 PM

I made oopsie eclairs with mascarpone, liquid Splenda, and a chunk of unsweetened chocolate. Was it trouble? Nope. I just folded that oopsie in half and smushed the filling in it like a Taco! Next time, a few sliced almonds in it...Woulda been cute with a squiggle of sf chocolate syrup on it, but I didn't have any.

critter34 02-04-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynda99 (Post 9892551)
I made oopsie eclairs with mascarpone, liquid Splenda, and a chunk of unsweetened chocolate. Was it trouble? Nope. I just folded that oopsie in half and smushed the filling in it like a Taco! Next time, a few sliced almonds in it...Woulda been cute with a squiggle of sf chocolate syrup on it, but I didn't have any.

That sounds great.....THANK GOD FOR OOPSIE'S!!!!!!!!:notwrthy:

MyCarolinagirls 02-04-2008 03:27 PM

I'm going to do something similar for my Mom's birthday. She loves Strawberry shortcake, so I'm going to make the layered cakes and use sliced strawberries in between each layer. I am going to get my whipped cream nice and stiff and ice my cake in it and pipe it on top too. I can't wait. She'll love it! I may try to use the strawberry jello for flavoring too. I actually LOVE to bake cakes. I would show some pictures but I'm not sure how to post them on here. LOL i started over a year ago and ended up making them for so many birthdays and then for fun and every time I made one i gained about 5 pounds... and so on and on. Now I can have my cake and eat it to. :rofl: :love:

pooticus 02-04-2008 03:31 PM

OK so at every party there is a "kill joy"...

You know you can make daquiose (sp?) that is essentially merengues that are baked then filled. It would save you all the extra calories and fat in the "Revolution Rolls" not that they are bad or anything. Just sayin, it makes an outstanding layered Napoleon that is very sophisticated when combined with things like whipped cream, fruits, nuts even and "caramels" etc...and also very yummy with espresso.

critter34 02-04-2008 03:32 PM

Thats right.....I ended up making a chocolate one on Sunday....just added some cocoa to the oopsie mix and then toping with whip topping....took a few pieces of sugar free truffles and then put it in the freezer...OMGosh tasted like ice cream cake....But I do like the strawberry one the best so far...

Sleepy 02-04-2008 03:47 PM

sounds great :up:

critter34 02-04-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy (Post 9897997)
sounds great :up:

Thanks!!;)

Adipocyte 02-04-2008 04:39 PM

Some great ideas for me to try here!

dc21 02-04-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critter34 (Post 9889499)
OMGosh....I made Strawberry oOopsie cake this weekend. I just made a double patch of the oopsie batter and added dry sugerfree strawberry jello to the mix...after it cools add frozen strawberries sweet with splenda. It was so good....I am gonna try a peach one next....:clap::up::cool:

Did you add the SF jello to the yolks, egg whites or sprinkle on the whole mix? TIA

Leannemomof2girls 02-04-2008 07:32 PM

I made one of these tonight. I loved it. My kids, not so much. They like "real" cake my 4 yr old informed me, lol. I like it. I made some whipped cream w/ kalua davinci's and a little vanilla davinci's. My kids did like the whipped cream though. It's a very pretty color and it is tangy. Thanks for the idea. I'm thinking of making one tomorrow w/ orange jello and cocoa. Chocolate orange cake!!!!

kathy76 02-04-2008 07:50 PM

How much sf jello did you use? I am interested in making these but a whole pkg seem like too much, is it?

critter34 02-05-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc21 (Post 9899033)
Did you add the SF jello to the yolks, egg whites or sprinkle on the whole mix? TIA

I added it to the yolk and cream cheese mixuture....that way the whites dont break down..

critter34 02-05-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathy76 (Post 9899289)
How much sf jello did you use? I am interested in making these but a whole pkg seem like too much, is it?

Well I used the whole box..and it tasted fine....but the oopsie mixture was doubled....makes a big cake....you could use as much as you want....taste your batter...(I know some people wont cuz of raw eggs) but I always did as a kid and I am still alive....LOL....I guess It depends on how strawberry you want it....;)

kathy76 02-08-2008 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried the recipe as written using a double oopsie batch and a whole pkg of sf strawberry jello. I added whipped heavy cream sweetened with splenda. It was very good but I am thinking once it sits in the fridge overnight it will be even better. I am wondering if you could also do a version using more jello and doing the poke type cake after it was baked. I think I might try that the next time.

DesperateLowCarber 02-08-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathy76 (Post 9918384)
I tried the recipe as written using a double oopsie batch and a whole pkg of sf strawberry jello. I added whipped heavy cream sweetened with splenda. It was very good but I am thinking once it sits in the fridge overnight it will be even better. I am wondering if you could also do a version using more jello and doing the poke type cake after it was baked. I think I might try that the next time.

OMG!! I'm not going to be able to sleep now that I'm thinking about that cake and how good it looks! YOU ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO POST SUCH THINGS!!!!!!!! :laugh:

somethingblue2u 02-09-2008 07:37 AM

I am going to make that this weekend!!!

Carleigh 02-09-2008 07:51 AM

That is such a pretty "cake" there!!!

thisisrightnow 02-09-2008 09:51 AM

I still need to try and make these. Where's the link for the recipe? These would be a life saver for me, cause I absolutely love bread and it's hard to eat a cheeseburger bunless.

scrappychik 02-09-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisrightnow (Post 9919552)
I still need to try and make these. Where's the link for the recipe? These would be a life saver for me, cause I absolutely love bread and it's hard to eat a cheeseburger bunless.

Here is Cleo's cute tutorial :)

The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: The Sailor Scouts make my Revol-oopsie rolls!

I cant wait to make this cake-YUMMY!!