Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Buffalo Chicken Dip (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/538751-buffalo-chicken-dip.html)

somethingblue2u 01-27-2008 08:58 AM

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Today while I was looking through the Sunday paper's inserts I saw a coupon for Hormel canned chicken with a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip. I think I am going to try this and it looks Low Carb so would like to share it with all of you.

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

2 CANS (10 OZ) HORMEL CHUNK BREAST OF CHICKEN, DRAINED
2 PKGS (8 OZ) CREAM CHEESE
1 CUP RANCH DRESSING
1/4-1/3 C PEPPER SAUCE
1 1/2 C CHEDDAR CHEESE

Place cream cheese in shallow casserole. Microwave on 50% power until cheese is softened. 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in drained chicken, ranch dressing, pepper sause and 1 cup of the cheese. Sprinke top with remaining cheese. Microwave on 100% power 2 to 4 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Makes 6 cups, 20 to 24 servings.

I was thinking about making this and putting it over Broccoli or eating it with lc crackers or celery sticks.

But I have a question, what is pepper sauce?

jezzie 01-27-2008 09:01 AM

Tobasco sauce.

ReneeD70 01-27-2008 09:11 AM

I think pepper sauce is like hot sauce? I would use Frank's....and I would prefer blue cheese to ranch. Then dip with some of those lavash crackers. Mmmmm:)

epix 01-27-2008 09:12 AM

I've made something similar to this.. I think it was a KevinPA recipe?? it was pretty darn good.

IdreamofLean 01-27-2008 01:05 PM

buffalo wing sauce works good. Or Franks HOt Sauce

momov2boys 01-27-2008 01:12 PM

Here's my recipe that we :heart: :

Buffalo Style Chicken Dip

16 oz cream cheese, softened
24 oz canned chicken breast, drained
8 oz hot sauce (I use Frank's)
8 oz Blue Cheese dressing
16 oz shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until blended well.

Bake (uncovered) @ 350 for ~30 minutes, until cheese is melted and edges are brown.

Super yummy with celery and all sorts of veggies!
...Even from a spoon. ;)

This makes quite a bit, but you can easily half everything.

ENJOY!!!
:)

bluebirder 01-27-2008 02:49 PM

I saw this too today and it is now on our Super Bowl menu. I like the idea to sub blue cheese dressing for the ranch. I'm not fond of "hot" so I'll use the green tabasco sauce. Hope this doesn't sound like too dumb a question but how "hot" is the Frank's sauce? Where do you get it?

ReneeD70 01-27-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirder (Post 9857949)
I saw this too today and it is now on our Super Bowl menu. I like the idea to sub blue cheese dressing for the ranch. I'm not fond of "hot" so I'll use the green tabasco sauce. Hope this doesn't sound like too dumb a question but how "hot" is the Frank's sauce? Where do you get it?

You can get Frank's at any store....really..Frank's is a common hot sauce. Um...as far as heat, I think it is pretty hot, but I am a total whimp. I just don't use a whole lot.

bluebirder 01-27-2008 04:50 PM

Thanks Renee!

I think I'll stick to the green sauce. It has LOTS of zing but no "hot". I tried it in a buffalo chicken soup that called for hot sauce and it really improved the flavor. I've always liked the buffalo flavor and green tabasco sauce got it for me.

shadowzip 01-27-2008 06:18 PM

This is the one I use tweaked from a recipe I found here

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2lbs shredded chicken (boiled, broiled, grilled or canned)
12oz Texas Pete or Frank's hot sauce
2 TBLS melted Butter
1 cup chopped celery
12oz cream cheese
1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
4 to 6oz grated cheese ( I used mexican blend)

Soak the cooked and shredded chicken in the hot sauce and melted butter for about 30 min. in the bottom of a casserole dish, sprinkle with chopped celery. Melt the cream cheese over low heat, once melted remove from heat and add the dressing. Spoon this mixture over the soaked chicken. Top with grated cheese and bake at 350 for about 30 mins until bubbly and golden on top.

Serve with corn or tortilla chips, low carb crackers and veggies.

Jaded62 01-28-2008 07:54 AM

These all sound great.

jacksmixedtape 01-29-2008 08:13 PM

Omg yes! I know what I'm having during the big game. :)

vhodgkin 01-31-2008 08:36 AM

Yum!!!!!

Starrynights 11-06-2011 11:01 AM

Addressing the oil problem with this dip

Hi! I have been making this dip for a while now, and there is a super easy way to get rid of the oily layer that rises after baking.

Do NOT use pre/packaged shredded cheese. The non-stick agent that prevents the cheese pieces from sticking to one another is flour or constarch, depending on the brand. Flour or cornstarch will take the oil out of the cheeses and produce a disgusting, oily top layer!

Instead, buy a block of cheese (any will do, but I find that sharp cheddar is wonderful against the ranch dressing) and hand grate the needed amount into a measuring cup. I PROMISE, no more oil at the top! Just creamy buffalo goodness! :)

Linny 11-06-2011 11:23 AM

Most people that make this dip use blue cheese or even ranch in the dip. Mine does not have that and it has never turned greasy like some of the dips I've had at parties.

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

2 whole chicken breasts or 4 boneless halves
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce

Poach chicken. Shred or chop and mix with other ingredients. Place in a microwave safe casserole dish. Sprinkle with additional cheddar if desired. Bake or microwave until hot and bubbly. Serve hot with celery sticks and crackers.

Tilly 11-06-2011 12:56 PM

What a great dish to bring to a party! Sounds like something everyone would love and of course something already there I know I could eat, thanks for the update! And thanks, Starrynights, I had no idea about the preshredded cheese. Once I finish my stash in my freezer, think I will just buy as I need a grate my own.

Kristi74 11-18-2011 05:34 PM

Love this stuff ! If you want to use it more like a main dish ..omit the canned chicken and serve the sauce over cooked chicken breasts

EyeDoc 11-18-2011 06:56 PM

Bump

newyorkmeg 11-18-2011 06:58 PM

Getting ready for holiday entertaining....

BarbDe 11-18-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somethingblue2u (Post 9856509)
Today while I was looking through the Sunday paper's inserts I saw a coupon for Hormel canned chicken with a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip. I think I am going to try this and it looks Low Carb so would like to share it with all of you.

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

2 CANS (10 OZ) HORMEL CHUNK BREAST OF CHICKEN, DRAINED
2 PKGS (8 OZ) CREAM CHEESE
1 CUP RANCH DRESSING
1/4-1/3 C PEPPER SAUCE
1 1/2 C CHEDDAR CHEESE

Place cream cheese in shallow casserole. Microwave on 50% power until cheese is softened. 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in drained chicken, ranch dressing, pepper sause and 1 cup of the cheese. Sprinke top with remaining cheese. Microwave on 100% power 2 to 4 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Makes 6 cups, 20 to 24 servings.

I was thinking about making this and putting it over Broccoli or eating it with lc crackers or celery sticks.

But I have a question, what is pepper sauce?

I use Franks Red Hot Sauce. And it is much better with real chicken! Just boil a 3 breasts and shred them. Oh, and I use Bleu Cheese dressing and a cup of celery.
Buffalo Chicken Dip has it's own Facebook page! :laugh: He gets invited to LOTS of parties!

Tilly 11-19-2011 01:12 PM

I am making this as I type, just letting the chicken cool a bit before I shred it, then mix it all up, cutting up some celery, and taking it and me to a party tonight!!!!! :birthday: (they need a smiley with just a party hat on and no sign)

BarbDe 11-19-2011 01:47 PM

Buffalo Chickendip | Facebook

buffalo chickendip on facebook! Post your pics!! ;-)

BarbDe 11-19-2011 01:50 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ickendip-1.jpg

Tilly 11-19-2011 03:14 PM

I will have to wait for my daughter to figure that one out, :o, to join you on FB, Barb. I am on there, just not savvy with the pictures and joining groups.

Hope everyone likes it tonight. I put mine in a microwaveable bowl, will take it cold and heat it up there. My crockpot is too big to take. Yours looks like the right size and easy to carry.

littlesky 11-19-2011 06:52 PM

For those who like buffalo chicken this is a huge hit.

Kristi74 11-19-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbDe (Post 15189413)

LMBO !!! Who wouldn't love a food that has it's own facebook page !:hyst:

Tilly 11-19-2011 07:37 PM

Wow! It was a hit! And the people I mentioned what it was, they either knew it and loved it or they just loved spicey foods. My daugher and I loved it as well. I think I would add more chicken, only because I had some leftover, but other than that, this is a keeper, thanks!!!!!

NewestAtkinsFan 03-23-2014 08:31 PM

Bump

I have had this amazing dip, but have never made it myself. Def. making it this week though! I'm psyched about it.

NewestAtkinsFan 03-24-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan (Post 16848116)
Bump

I have had this amazing dip, but have never made it myself. Def. making it this week though! I'm psyched about it.

Made it and loved it! A-ma-zing! :jumpjoy:

Chickamomminy 03-26-2014 02:35 PM

Was looking for quick and easy for dinner tonight. Had leftover chicken in the fridge and saw this! Made the dip, wrapped it up in lc tortilla and voila! Delicious dinner with almost no effort. Thanks!!!