Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Recipes for Whey Protein.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/538254-recipes-whey-protein.html)

pherrera 01-24-2008 08:37 AM

Recipes for Whey Protein....

I have a huge can of vanilla whey protein and I need suggestions for uses. I already make the donuts/funnel cakes, pancakes and waffles with it, but I want some smoothie recipes and other suggestions. I made a "smoothie" this morning and I put 8oz. of water, 1-scoop of protein powder, dash of cinnamon and 1 raw egg. The taste was good but I need something that will thicken it up......any suggestions?

Boudica 01-24-2008 09:56 AM

Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe

Plus, if you follow Sugar Free Sheila's link to her website, you'll find shake ideas there!

HTH
~D

Boudica 01-24-2008 09:59 AM

PS. A hunk of cream cheese in your shake will thicken it up nicely.

When I am under fat/protein, I usually drink this:

1 scoop whey protein
8 oz CC milk
1 oz heavy cream
1 oz cream cheese
2.5 T flaxmeal
6 drops stevia (or 1 oz SF davinci syrup)

Blend it all together and VIOLA! Got a lot of fat/protein in a thick, VERY filling shake!

HTHM (Hope That Helps More)
~D

ncgirl 01-24-2008 10:25 AM

Does anyone have a recipe with whey protein and gelatin for pudding? I'd swear I saw one here a while back, but I can't find it!

Sorry to jump in :0)

Boudica 01-24-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncgirl (Post 9843217)
Does anyone have a recipe with whey protein and gelatin for pudding? I'd swear I saw one here a while back, but I can't find it!

Sorry to jump in :0)

:dunno:No clue but, if I run across it I'll post it here. If YOU or someone else finds it... PLEASE post it here! I would love to have that recipe!

~D

pherrera 01-24-2008 01:52 PM

Delia thanks so much for your help!! I am going to try that shake with some cream cheese in it!! I love the smoothies from Smoothie King but they are soo expensive. $7.00 for a 20oz low-carb smoothie!!!:eek:

Boudica 01-24-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pherrera (Post 9844470)
Delia thanks so much for your help!! I am going to try that shake with some cream cheese in it!! I love the smoothies from Smoothie King but they are soo expensive. $7.00 for a 20oz low-carb smoothie!!!:eek:

GAWD I know whacha mean! There isn't a Smoothie King in my town. I happened to be in a town a while ago that had a SK... and I got a LC shake. As GOOD as it tasted... I just couldn't get over how much it cost!!! :eek:

If you find any other whey recipes... PLEASE post them here! I am NOT a big fish/turkey/chicken/seafood eater...which are HIGH protein... so I am always at a loss and use the PP to make up for it!

AnitaLCing 01-26-2008 05:23 AM

You can make Protein Cookies. Amy's Protein Cookies

Annette/TX 01-26-2008 07:07 AM

Jenny, your recipes look wonderful! I added your site to my favorites and hope to try out a bunch of these! It is also a huge bonus to have the nutritional info on them so they are easy to plug into my ******!
Thanks!

Boudica 01-26-2008 08:46 AM

Anita ~ Thanks for posting the protein cookie on Linda Sue's website. I've tried it and didn't like the mouth feel of it. :sick: I tried it several times, with both chocolate and vanilla PP, and cooked @ different times. I just couldn't get over the consistency of it. :sick:

Jenny ~ Thanks SO MUCH for your link! I'm most definitely going to try some of these recipes out... and I plan on checking out the home page more thoroughly!

~D

vli1127 06-30-2009 06:57 AM

I tried Amy's Protein Cookie from Linda's recipes, and they were good. I used the vanilla protein powder and added a few shakes of cinnamon. Tasted like a Snickerdoodle. I would like to see more "baked good" recipes using protein powder. I have done a Google search and have found some, but many bar recipes use oats or whole wheat flour too.

If anyone can contribute, that would be great, thanks.

24Fan 06-30-2009 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=Boudica;9843064][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]PS. A hunk of cream cheese in your shake will thicken it up nicely.

I second that. I always put a tablespoon or so of cream cheese in my whey protein shakes. LORANN oils are GREAT in the shakes also, they are unsweetened and have a very intense flavor. the banana creme is to die for :)

Also, do you make them in a blender with a few ice cubes? that thickens it up too.

jill72 06-30-2009 11:16 AM

These Kool-Aid cookies incorporate whey protein powder. (Plus, this is a fascinating thread with all the tweaks and experiments - I loved reading it)!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...mmmm-good.html

24Fan 06-30-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jill72 (Post 12167163)
These Kool-Aid cookies incorporate whey protein powder. (Plus, this is a fascinating thread with all the tweaks and experiments - I loved reading it)!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...mmmm-good.html

oh hey forgot about those yummy bits!

rowdy1 07-01-2009 06:35 PM

I have to second the peanut butter fudge that Boudica posted...it really is awesome. Be careful though...heavily addicting...:hyst:

I use Designer Whey flavored protein powder...good stuff.

A yummy one is to take some pumpkin puree, spices that go with pumpkin, protein powder, sweetner, little bit of cream, and ice. Whirrrrrr and yummy pumpkin shake.

I also have done vanilla protein powder, peanut butter powder, sweetner, little bit of cream, ice...and same type of thing.

Shakes usually are a YMMV because we all like a different taste...so, portions are different for all of us.

Xanthan Gum (did I spell that correctly?)can help thicken things up with very little carbs.

jfar 07-02-2009 04:41 AM

Here is a smoothy recipe that I've been enjoying made with whey protein powder. The measurements are aproximate as I tend to just throw stuff in and taste and add as I mix it up:

Into my imitation Magic Bullet blender I add 1 scoop of protein powder (I use Designer Whey). I add about 4 oz. of water and then blend. Then I add about a half cup of Splenda (use more or less depending on how sweet you like it), 4 ice cubes, and either frozen sliced strawberries or frozen pineapple chunks. Blend until ice and frozen fruit is totally mixed . At this point it is usually so thick that I add a splash of cream or half and half to thin it out enough to be able to suck it through a straw. This is almost as good as a milkshake and very low carb and low cal. I've been trying to come up with a recipe for a good chocolate shake but haven't been able to come up with the right blend of things yet.

DEEDLYNN 07-02-2009 06:12 AM

save

xxjellinjenxx 09-26-2009 09:28 AM

protein pudding

1 packet Jell-O Brand Chocolate Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Pudding
1 scoop BulkFoodsDirect.com Instant Whey Protein Isolate
3 cups Fat-Free Milk
Directions:

Mix whey protein, milk and pudding packet in a large bowl or a blender.
Pour into 2 medium-sized bowls and refrigerate for 8-10 minutes or until thick and creamy

orthorn 09-26-2009 10:02 AM

Using 3/4 cup water, 2 scoops whey, plus egg and flavorings a little ice and it is thick and creamy.

Pam

mac24312 09-26-2009 10:33 AM

Subbing...

KellBell1234 09-27-2009 08:44 AM

Yum! There are some very good ideas here - keep em coming :D

Thanks!

motyok 09-27-2009 03:36 PM

For those interested in a whey protein cookie, I made these the other day. The light lemon flavor reminds me of Italian Love Knot cookies, so that is what I decided to call them. Not a true knot, but puffy and light.

[IMG]http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o...m/100_3716.jpg[/IMG]

Here's my recipe:

Italian Love Knot Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon oil
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon flavoring
1 cup sucralose or equivalent sweetener
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
3/4 cup blanched almond meal

In a mixing bowl, whip butter. Add oil, lemon flavoring and sweetener. Blend well. Mix eggs in one at a time. Add baking powder and mix until distributed. Blend in the whey protein about 1/2 cup at a time, beating to incorporate. Finally, add in almond meal by hand. Chill dough for 30 minutes or more. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment or use a Silpat mat. Scoop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Cookies do not spread. Bake for 7-10 minutes until just browning.
Makes 36-40 cookies.

I used GNC Whey powders and parchment paper; it could make a difference, as whey cookies can be temperamental.
Lisa

vli1127 09-27-2009 05:18 PM

Lisa, those look awesome.

love-flip-flops 09-29-2009 04:04 AM

Ok, I am sooo into this thread.
The cookies look awsome, and I wanna try the fudge.
My question is which vanilla whey protein should I order?
I will probably have to order , all I have is a walmart close by, and all they sell is Body Fortress.
TIA

fourstubbs 08-18-2010 05:36 PM

bumpity bump bump bump

fourstubbs 08-18-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motyok (Post 12538204)
For those interested in a whey protein cookie, I made these the other day. The light lemon flavor reminds me of Italian Love Knot cookies, so that is what I decided to call them. Not a true knot, but puffy and light.

[IMG]http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o...m/100_3716.jpg[/IMG]

Here's my recipe:

Italian Love Knot Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon oil/I used coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon flavoring/I used almond flavoring
1 cup sucralose or equivalent sweetener
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
3/4 cup blanched almond meal/I didn't blanch my almonds

In a mixing bowl, whip butter. Add oil, lemon flavoring and sweetener. Blend well. Mix eggs in one at a time. Add baking powder and mix until distributed. Blend in the whey protein about 1/2 cup at a time, beating to incorporate. Finally, add in almond meal by hand. Chill dough for 30 minutes or more. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment or use a Silpat mat. Scoop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Cookies do not spread. Bake for 7-10 minutes until just browning.
Makes 36-40 cookies.

I used GNC Whey powders and parchment paper; it could make a difference, as whey cookies can be temperamental.
Lisa

I only got 21 cookies, but after I was almost done, I realized that I was using the wrong scoop...so they did turn out bigger. these are really good. When they came out of the oven, I dusted them with some powdered erythritol. They remind me of an Italian cookie I once had at a friends house. It is a cake type cookie. :)

susique333 09-13-2010 04:10 PM

~*BUMP*~

charlielou 09-13-2010 08:54 PM

I add 1/4 teaspoon glucomannan powder to my smoothies and it thickens them beautifully

Blitzball 12-15-2010 12:25 PM

sorry for the bump but can you estimate the ammount of protein on each cookie?

rosethorns 12-15-2010 04:09 PM

Here is a bunch of recipes and I've made a few protein bars and some syrups. I haven't tried the bake mix.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...tein-bars.html

You'll love them..... I just looked at these again and some have liquid splenda , I would sweeten until you like it. I used whey protein in place of the soy protein isolate. Just some heads up.