Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Uses for oopsie rolls (recipe thread) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/537945-uses-oopsie-rolls-recipe-thread.html)

cleochatra 01-22-2008 03:47 PM

Uses for oopsie rolls (recipe thread)
 
Since the oopsie thread is long and filled with a lot of great tips for making the rolls, how about a thread only for ways to use oopsies?

Please include prep techniques and pictures when you can!




Here is the original use of the oopsie-- the Wendy's Baconator

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/5559/we...orwithoopi.jpg

cleochatra 01-22-2008 03:48 PM

As a BLT bread

Bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo, topped with toothpicks and olives

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/9391/bltoopsie.jpg

cleochatra 01-22-2008 03:49 PM

Oopsie Pizzas


You'll need an oopsie roll (or two, as shown)
cheese and toppings


On a pan, place a roll (or two). Spread a very thin layer of tomato of alfredo sauce. On top of that spread the cheese. Next, add your toppings.

Under the "high" broiler setting, bake these for 2-3 minutes. Remove. Sprinkle with spicy red pepper (in the spice aisle).

Enjoy.


http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...g?t=1201038955

cleochatra 01-22-2008 04:04 PM

One of my favorite breads EVER is jalapeno and cheddar cheese, so guess what I made! A batch of mix-ins. I might get some silicon cups, though. Mine didn't like the cupcake pan!

Other mix-ins: chives and cheddar cheese, ham and cheddar, ham, cheddar and green olives, green olives and cheddar, and, of course, cheddar and jalapenos.

My kids were addicted to them!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...g?t=1201042890

ReneeD70 01-22-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 9833472)
As a BLT bread

Bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo, topped with toothpicks and olives

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/9391/bltoopsie.jpg

Good LORDEE that sandwich looks gooooooood! :eek:
BLTs are my fav.

cleochatra 01-22-2008 04:18 PM

I love BLTs. Now I really love them. There's nothing like a slab of fresh tomato!

ReneeD70 01-22-2008 05:09 PM

What about making these into cream puffs? I had a recipe years ago that you made a recipe of cream puff dough and spread into a 9X13 pan & baked. Let cool, top with vanilla pudding, I'd use cream cheese mixed with vanilla and whipped with some cream & sweetner...pour over crust. Let set up a bit more, top with cool whip (gasp!) and drizzle with melted choc (Lindt). Sounds like heaven to me. Maybe I will try it with some strawberries atop for Valentine's Day for my hunny!

cleochatra 01-22-2008 05:26 PM

I think if you double-layer these you'd have some good cream puffs.

When I get to the proper rung of OWL I am going to try this with SF/FF cooked chocolate or vanilla pudding on the inside, and fresh whipped cream on top with a sliced strawberry (you can tell I've been planning). :D

mauitammy 01-22-2008 07:08 PM

WOW! Where in the world is the oopsie thread that tells me how to make these? I can't find it. I saw something about it, but can't find it now. Those look amazing.

ReneeD70 01-22-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauitammy (Post 9834550)
WOW! Where in the world is the oopsie thread that tells me how to make these? I can't find it. I saw something about it, but can't find it now. Those look amazing.

I believe it is at the very top of this forum in a sticky.

cleochatra 01-22-2008 07:29 PM

Hi, cutiebutt! The recipe is in my blog, but it's also other places now.

Dreamchaser 01-22-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReneeD70 (Post 9833904)
What about making these into cream puffs? I had a recipe years ago that you made a recipe of cream puff dough and spread into a 9X13 pan & baked. Let cool, top with vanilla pudding, I'd use cream cheese mixed with vanilla and whipped with some cream & sweetner...pour over crust. Let set up a bit more, top with cool whip (gasp!) and drizzle with melted choc (Lindt). Sounds like heaven to me. Maybe I will try it with some strawberries atop for Valentine's Day for my hunny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 9833987)
I think if you double-layer these you'd have some good cream puffs.

When I get to the proper rung of OWL I am going to try this with SF/FF cooked chocolate or vanilla pudding on the inside, and fresh whipped cream on top with a sliced strawberry (you can tell I've been planning). :D

http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

cleochatra 01-22-2008 09:35 PM

LOL!!! Dreamchaser, that's cute!

I can't tell you how close I came to making these as cream puffs, but then I had to stop. I might just do it anyway, with one and see how it turns out!

Dreamchaser 01-22-2008 09:55 PM

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...say-no-480.gif

To Cleo's Cream Puffs!

cleochatra 01-22-2008 10:02 PM

{{{{{Dreamchaser}}}}}You know you're sweeter than any cream puff.

Dreamchaser 01-22-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 9835271)
{{{{{Dreamchaser}}}}}You know you're sweeter than any cream puff.

:o :)

Soobee 01-23-2008 04:29 AM

I don't know how the texture would hold up with fillings. I suppose it would depend on the filling. I tried some oopsies with glucomannan pudding, and the oppsie got very soft and soggy.

ReneeD70 01-23-2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 9835536)
I don't know how the texture would hold up with fillings. I suppose it would depend on the filling. I tried some oopsies with glucomannan pudding, and the oppsie got very soft and soggy.

Thanks for the heads up.

cleochatra 01-23-2008 06:18 AM

All cream puffs I've ever made with pudding have become soggy--including the regular cream puff recipes (high carb). I think it's more a matter of assembly prior to eating and not attempting to store them with pudding in them.

I'm going to try to make one today and see if it's about the same with Jello Sugar-Free, Fat-Free cook and serve...

nadi namaki 01-23-2008 06:25 AM

I am impressed with the BLT sandwich. Cleo, i tried to make the buns but came out so flat and glued to the pan. I had to use a knife and fork to get them out of there. I was so excited to make them... I will try again. You are something

LaurieRobo 01-23-2008 06:30 AM

French Toast
 
This is actually Cutie's recipe :hiya: but I made this this morning and oh my... yummy french toast.

1 egg beaten w/ a bit of cream, vanilla and 1 drop sweetzfree

Coat two oopsies w/ egg mixture and fry in butter like french toast.

I had two this am w/ butter and SF pancake syrup and 2 breakfast sausages - YUMMO!!!!

ETA: this batch of oopsies I added a bit of cinnamon :-)

Mallory 01-23-2008 08:03 AM

I made a version of this for cream puffs and they were awesome! Actually maybe too good as they are so light and airy and delicious, it was hard not to eat the whole batch.:o
Just added sweetened whipped cream in the middle and to make somewhat of an eclair, I melted some chocolate and drizzled on top..oh my!
Next will be a strawberry shortcake kinda thing..I tend to lean toward the sweeter side of things..unfortunately..thanks for the recipe..its really a great addition to this WOL!!!

Sweeteater 01-23-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 9833472)
As a BLT bread

Bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo, topped with toothpicks and olives

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/9391/bltoopsie.jpg

Now that looks great! :up:

cleochatra 01-23-2008 08:16 AM

That sounds fantastic, Mallory! If you can, post pictures!

cleochatra 01-23-2008 08:20 AM

Sweeteater-- it was so good! I'm going to make more today. Come over for lunch!

Laurie-- you're the breakfast person. I'll make lunch. lol

LaurieRobo 01-23-2008 08:29 AM

hmmm.. had them today for breakfast and lunch...

Do I see a Wendy's drive thru for dinner????

Moving On 01-23-2008 08:50 AM

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]French Toast! It's what's for breakfast! (Excuse the plate, the kids have put it through the microwave too many times! :doh:)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...renchtoast.jpg[/COLOR]

mauitammy 01-23-2008 08:57 AM

Oh my. My mouth is watering.

cleochatra 01-23-2008 09:05 AM

Jenny-- that looks terrific! Did you follow cutie's recipe, or are those just the oopsies?

LJB 01-23-2008 09:06 AM

That looks delicious! Oh, boy! I'm going to try to make these myself.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.