Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: luckiangel
Stats: 316/293/150
WOE: Atkins/Lower Carb
Start Date: 2003-ongoing
ok i've been busy today cooking!! I made chile relleno's using a modified version of the oopsie roll as my batter. I used 6 eggs, 3 oz of cream cheese, garlic powder, pico de gallo and nutmeg. Here's what they looked like:

they look darker in my pic....the dark strip is the pepper......will be serving these tomorrow with enchilada sauce, sour cream and some lettuce!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_020308_002.jpg (45.9 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_020308_003.jpg (50.1 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by luckiangel; 02-03-2008 at 03:29 PM..
luckiangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pamk
WOE: Atkins, Shut my mouth
Start Date: Too many times to mention
You know how you would dice up "bread" chunks to have with the spinach dip? I just took one of the larger Oopsies, gently toasted and diced into chunks and spread spinach dip on top of each little chunk, VERY good. I love these things!!!
pamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Desertrosenla
WOE: Low Carb Modified for Insulin Dependent Diabetes
Start Date: For me Low Carb is a necessity
Cleo has definatley saved my life with these ooopsies. Seriously I am a type one diabetic and recently found out what I thought were ok blood sugars are way too high. So what began as low carb for weight loss has turned to an even sticter low carb diet that I must be on for life to avoid diabetic complications.

If not for ooopsies i dont know if i would have the willpower to restrain from sometimes sneaking in bad bad carb rich foods.

I have made ooopsie buns, with Onion Powder, cheddar, and Mrs Dash garlic and herb ( and had every kind of burger imaginable)
The above oopsies toasted in the oven topped with butter and parm cheese with more Mrs. Dash for garlic bread

Also took the above oopsies and made em into mini pizza's with all my fave pizza toppings.

and out of plain oopsies I just made french-toast/pancakes .

I took two ooopsies and soaked them in a heavy whipping cream and egg mixture with cinnamon. I then cooked em up as i would french toast. Added a bit of diabetic peanut butter to the tops of my oopsies and covered with low carb sugar free syrup. OMG Heaven, seriously! for someone like me who has to eat this way forever its so awesome to have subs for my favorite foods.

Cleo you are my hero

Last edited by Desertrosenla; 02-03-2008 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: quick correction
Desertrosenla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
Just wanted a citrusy flavor...whipped up my usual double batch of oopsies and then made 6 large ones and popped them in the oven. Enough "batter" left for 6 small ones, so I diced up a handful of fresh cranberries I had left over from somewhere (the last ones), zested in some orange, threw in a 1/4 tsp each of orange and lemon extract, and my liquid sweeteners (Canadian Sugar Twin and Splenda), then folded that into what's left of the batter, trying to work fast as the eggs do deflate a bit if they sit...

Well, just had a very nice orange-y cranberry-zing (add more of these next time) treat-size oopsie with a smear of cream cheese. Don't know that they're like anything, but they sure are tasty.

Don't look any different than any others except for some specks, so no pic...I'm off to have another.

This is such fun...

Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #155
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DeliGirl
Stats: -25 from restart (-80 from highest ever)
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: May 26, 2010
The first picture is my Mommy McMuffin. Even the kiddos love these ones.

Second picture is a giant oopsie. I just made it on a cookie sheet then cut it to fit into the botton of a springform pan. Then I topped it with a LC no bake cheesecake. Yummers!!!

Oh yeah, I should add that in the crust, I added an extra tsp of splenda.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MommyMuffin.jpg.jpg (27.2 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg cheesecake.jpg.jpg (22.4 KB, 424 views)

Last edited by DeliGirl; 02-03-2008 at 09:15 PM..
DeliGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
Niiiiiice. I was wondering if it would hold up to a cheesecake, but I was thinking baked...this is very good looking!

theislandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:07 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliGirl View Post
The first picture is my Mommy McMuffin. Even the kiddos love these ones.

Second picture is a giant oopsie. I just made it on a cookie sheet then cut it to fit into the botton of a springform pan. Then I topped it with a LC no bake cheesecake. Yummers!!!

Oh yeah, I should add that in the crust, I added an extra tsp of splenda.
Deligirl the cheesecake looks awesome, I have a Juniors cheesecake recipe(HC) that uses a sponge cake for the base. I could low carb it and use an oopsie.

Theislandgirl--The Juniors cheese cake uses a baked sponge cake as a base then bakes it again with the filling. I bet it would work with an oopsie.

Cleo how did your oopsie brats turn out? Did you take pics?

Last edited by shadowzip; 02-04-2008 at 05:13 AM..
shadowzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cocapelle
WOE: Atkins
Ooooohhhhhh, Cannolli...........how I miss that! Now I've gotta get busy, and make that. There sure is a lot of things to make, with this. What a versitale recipe!
Hey, welcome back, Deb!
Cocapelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: critter34
WOE: low carb
I do not have pics but I made Strawberry oOopsie cake this weekend. I just made a double patch of the oopsie batter and added dry sugerfree strawberry jello to the mix...after it cools add frozen strawberries sweet with splenda. It was so good....I am gonna try a peach one next....I will take pics next time if I can keep my family out of it long enough...LOL
critter34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #160
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
My Cheese Danish OOPSIE's

Well I gave in all of the pics of the good eats convinced me to give them a try. I have been eating the oopsie on burgers and sandwiches, but I had to try them as a dessert! LOVED IT!!! The first pic I made a last week with strawberry cream cheese in the middle. In the second pic I added a little cinnamon to the batter and a little true lemon to cream cheese. DELISH!! They are a little flat this time, but still GOOD!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0169.jpg (58.2 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0176.jpg (54.9 KB, 285 views)
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter34 View Post
I do not have pics but I made Strawberry oOopsie cake this weekend. I just made a double patch of the oopsie batter and added dry sugerfree strawberry jello to the mix...after it cools add frozen strawberries sweet with splenda. It was so good....I am gonna try a peach one next....I will take pics next time if I can keep my family out of it long enough...LOL
Gotta try this! Thanks!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #162
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
You guys rock! I'm so excited about everything you're making! I'm consolidating many of these recipes on my blog in a special oopsie listing in an effort to keep everything together. Everyone will be credited, naturally. I just don't want these recipes lost!

There's an awesome tiramisu on the main forum that I just added yesterday (marymc's recipe and pictures)!

I want a mcmuffin now. Thanks a lot, Deli!
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mallory
Im so happy to see all the variations for these little yummies! I personally love them especially how quick they are to make up. Keep the recipes coming..
Mallory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Chocolate Chocolate Chip and Flax Seed Parmasan Cheese Oopsie rolls

Hi everyone!

Ok...here is another Oopsie experiment!! The Chocolate one I use 8 ounces of cream cheese, 8 eggs, I sweetened the whites with Liquid Splenda (2 drops) I put chopped up Lindt 85 percent chocolate in the egg yolks with 2 TBS of cocoa, 4 drops of liquid splenda and about 1 splash of Chocolate Da Vinci Syrup. I made these in my muffin top pans. Got 12 of these.

The Buns I did the same amount of eggs and cream cheese. Put about 2 TBS of light and 2 TBS of Dark Flax Seed with 2 TBS of Parm Cheese and garlic and a dash of Onion powder. I did these on my non-stick alum foil but I had 2 extra and I did them in my muffin pans. I believe the next time I do these I will do all the buns in the muffin pans. They seem firmer that way. I had 8 large ones of these.

They both are really good. I think the next thing I am going to do with Oopsies is make them into a chocolate cake. Going to try to use my heart pans with a cream cheese filling between the layers and with a very stiff Whipped Cream frosting. Got to eat these first.
Here are my pictures.

Keep the great ideas coming
HUGS
Christina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oopies Feb 2008.jpg (48.5 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg My Flax Seed Parm Cheese Oopies Feb 2008.jpg (25.5 KB, 152 views)
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #165
something there

Those look GREAT, mac!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Off My Duff
Stats: 297/277/197
I've made the Oopsies once, and enjoyed them---thank you for creating these, Cleo!

Now that I've stumbled upon this thread, I'm going to need to try a lot of these ideas.
Off My Duff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #167
something there

Hi, Becky! I'm so glad you like the oopsies! Who knew my ADD in the kitchen would have been a good thing.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiangel View Post
ok i've been busy today cooking!! I made chile relleno's using a modified version of the oopsie roll as my batter. I used 6 eggs, 3 oz of cream cheese, garlic powder, pico de gallo and nutmeg. Here's what they looked like:

they look darker in my pic....the dark strip is the pepper......will be serving these tomorrow with enchilada sauce, sour cream and some lettuce!!!!

u used pico de gallo for the outside? I am really curious about this recipe
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Im going to try to deep fry one today..what do you think? I have a recipe for a Cannoli dessert calzone (high carb) that I want to modify for Valentines Day and instead of making a low carb dough etc, I was just going to quickly deep fry an oopsie and top with the cannoli mixture??? Hope it works..
Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
Im going to try to deep fry one today..what do you think? I have a recipe for a Cannoli dessert calzone (high carb) that I want to modify for Valentines Day and instead of making a low carb dough etc, I was just going to quickly deep fry an oopsie and top with the cannoli mixture??? Hope it works..
Sounds yummy Mallory! Let us know if it works! And soem pics would be great, if you could!
Yummy's_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #171
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
That's it! I gotta make those oopsies this weekend!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Okay the deep frying this was a bust..I had just enough oil in the pan to drop it in but I think the oil was too hot and it burnt..I had flattened one out and thought it might crisp up in the hot fat..but no, so instead..
I flattened one out, topped it with some lc choc bar, melted that in the micro for a few seconds, then spead the choc around, topped that with my marscarpone/whip cream mixture, some walnut bits, rolled up and topped with leftover cheese mixture and walnuts. It was very good. In total I used 3 T of cheese mixture,9g of choc and 14 g of walnuts..off to figure out carb counts.

FYI, these roll up very nicely after you flatten them out and rewarm them..just like a pancake! Didnt have it around long enough to take pics..:blush:
Old 02-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tecnokitty
Stats: 222/125/150 After Baby/Now:241/145/150
WOE: Atkins 72, I'm 5'7", 36 years old
Start Date: Restarted 6/22/07. In a size 4-6 jeans now!
Oh my goodness, that sounds awesome! <runs away from the lc chocolate bar> lol! And oh my, marscapone <drools on floor>
Tecnokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: clarke
Start Date: Lost 35 with Atkins in 2003. Lowest weight 142
I want to thank the poster who came up with the idea for strawberry oopsie cake. I just made this for my DH for his birthday. It was made with a double batch of oopsies and a box of sugar free strawberry jello. I baked it in a 9x5 loaf pan for probably 40-45 minutes. (you might notice a piece taken out of the cake - DH tried it and gave it the thumbs up). I will be serving this tonight with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.

Edited to say, Giving credit to Critter34. It was her take on the oopsie !!! thanks
Restart - 7/19/11 165/161.5/153

Last edited by clarke; 02-08-2008 at 03:02 PM..
clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #175

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Quote:
Okay the deep frying this was a bust..I had just enough oil in the pan to drop it in but I think the oil was too hot and it burnt..I had flattened one out and thought it might crisp up in the hot fat..but no, so instead..
I flattened one out, topped it with some lc choc bar, melted that in the micro for a few seconds, then spead the choc around, topped that with my marscarpone/whip cream mixture, some walnut bits, rolled up and topped with leftover cheese mixture and walnuts. It was very good. In total I used 3 T of cheese mixture,9g of choc and 14 g of walnuts..off to figure out carb counts.

FYI, these roll up very nicely after you flatten them out and rewarm them..just like a pancake! Didnt have it around long enough to take pics..:blush:
Were you frying the raw oopsie batter? or an oopsie already baked?
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Were you frying the raw oopsie batter? or an oopsie already baked?
Already baked..I was wondering about doing it raw but I ended up baking the whole batch so I tried that..how do you think the raw would work?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #177

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Already baked..I was wondering about doing it raw but I ended up baking the whole batch so I tried that..how do you think the raw would work?

This is basically a meringue batter so I think it would be too delicate for a whole roll. Maybe coating something with the batter and frying it? You will have to give it a go.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
I am so making these tomorrow!!! I am restarting lc tomorrow and this is the 1st thing I'm making - fried egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast!!! Hamburgers for dinner, tuna melts, french toast, cake..etc..... I know I can stick to lc with these on my rolls and all these great recipe ideas!

How long do they keep? Say if I made like a quadruple batch to have on hand? Do they sit on the counter, or should I refrigerate? Or is it best to just make a double batch every couple/few days?
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke View Post
I want to thank the poster who came up with the idea for strawberry oopsie cake. I just made this for my DH for his birthday. It was made with a double batch of oopsies and a box of sugar free strawberry jello. I baked it in a 9x5 loaf pan for probably 40-45 minutes. (you might notice a piece taken out of the cake - DH tried it and gave it the thumbs up). I will be serving this tonight with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.

Edited to say, Giving credit to Critter34. It was her take on the oopsie !!! thanks

This looks divine!!! With TOM here it might be the sweet treat I am looking for. This would make for a great Valentines cake also!! I CAN'T WAIT! BTW, how many carbs are in the boxed SF jello?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ilove2read
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/10
s1mon3 - I just looked up sugar free strawberry jello and it's 0 carbs!!! I will be trying this out soon too!
Ilove2read is offline   Reply With Quote