Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
I made some oopsie's and added some davinci pancake syrup to the batter. This morning for breakfast I had my version of a McDonalds sausage & egg Mc Griddle. WOWZA!!!
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #782
Pam
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pam
Stats: 181/150/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: March 2001
Subscribing.................It's taken me 3 days to get through this thread. I want to thank Cleo and all you other ladies for all the wonderful recipes and clever ideas. My hubby is on induction. Today, for lunch, I grilled him a burger served with an oopsie roll that was baked with a dab of monterey jack cheese and dehydrated onion on top. He LOVED it!!! I did, too...
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pamk
WOE: Atkins, Shut my mouth
Start Date: Too many times to mention
The fam is ordering out pizza tonight. Plan is to rip off the toppings and place onto a warmed up Oopise as my crust. I never feel deprived since Oopsies came into my life!
pamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 238.2/232.6/150 5'2"
WOE: CAD/IF
Start Date: 10/21/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Almost wishbone. I want to tweak just a little bit more, and then it will be perfect! I am really excited about what I had today, but it's still not 100% there, yet! I hope to have a definitive recipe by this weekend!

Is there a recipe for these? Man they look good. Wiping drool from mouth!
LucilleMcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cocapelle
WOE: Atkins
Cleo, we need the recipe for the cheesecakes in the picture.
Cocapelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
YESYESYESYESWANNAWANNAWANNALOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #787
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I am working on that! I gave the recipe to a friend and we're playing with it. It's ALMOST there! Promise.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:42 AM   #788
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Free Indeed
Made my first oopsie rolls last night. Didn't have cream of tartar, but they came out okay anyway - kind of had the consistency of angel food cake only not as dry.

I replaced the buns on a sausage and egg sandwich from burger king this morning with oopsie rolls and am getting ready to scroll through this thread and look at all the other different things people do with oopsies.

Love this recipe! Thanks cleochatra!!!!!
Free Indeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #789
something there

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad they turned out for you!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Someone asked a couple things pages and pages ago that I might be able to answer. (Give a girl a break - it took me hours and hours to read through all this!)

About the pizza not coming out right (I can't remember who it was), is it possible that you just don't like the flavor combo of egg/cream cheese with the pizza toppings? or maybe you just didn't bake it long enough?

It's not the size you made - I made a HUGE oopsie pizza a couple weeks ago. This pan I have is about 18" in diameter, and I think I had to make a double batch of oopsie batter just to cover it! Anyhow, I had such good results using parchment paper on regular pans to bake regular oopsies (They actually get brown and dry enough on the bottom, instead of being pale and moist and sticking together in the storage bag) that I used parchment paper on this pizza pan, and just spread the batter almost to the edges of the parchment, making it as smooth as possible across the middle, with slightly mounded edges. I ended up turning the heat up a little higher on the oven (325ish), and baked it for the full half hour, before adding the toppings, which I then put back in a HOT oven (450ish) long enough to melt the cheese. The edges got really brown, and the bottom middle was very dark (Ok, some might say it was almost burnt) and almost crusty, but it held it's shape so well - I could pick it up like a regular piece of pizza! not limp at all! And taste - oh my! I didn't taste anything eggy or cream cheesy about it at all. But then I make "garbage" pizzas, with so much stuff on them that you practically need a forklift when getting them in and out of the oven, so the oopsie flavor would have been overwhelmed anyway. I used lots of Victoria White Linen sauce (2 net carbs per 1/4 cup, so I'm sure I used at least a cup on it), about 1/2 lb of shredded whole milk mozzarella, ground beef, hot italian sausage (can't remember how much of the meat I used - probably about 1/4 lb of each), black olives, mushrooms, pepperoni, and green peppers. I had several very large, very filling meals from this pizza.

Someone else asked about making oopsies in the microwave. I tried that (just made a 1 egg/1 oz cream cheese recipe), and although they poofed up really big while they were cooking, all of a sudden, while they were still cooking, they started to lose volume, and when I got them out of the microwave, they were flatter and thinner than pancakes.More like oopsie chips. Only bendable. I don't know if they would have been done all the way through if I'd stopped the microwave while they were still puffed up - might give it another try some day, just to see what happens, but so far we know that it doesn't work to cook them until they deflate!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovinglife50
How do I make oopsie rolls

Hi looks lovely but how do I make them?
lovinglife50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #792
Sweet and Spicy Tart

[COLOR="Magenta"]This is a 'sticky' at the top of this forum.. Here's the link... [/COLOR]

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...buns-more.html
RockyMtnAngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #793
Junior LCF Member

Madam,

You are absolutely right on about the parchment paper.

I baked two great big oopsie buns (to use as hamburger buns) on parchment paper and the rest of the batch in silicon non-stick cups and the ones I baked on parchment paper resemble bread on the bottom whereas the ones I baked in the silicon cups turned out moist and egg-like on the bottom

Didn't even spray pam on the parchment paper either.

I've never used parchment paper before, but I stopped and got some on the way home from work last night (as well as some cream of tartar) just to try it out. Actually, I was looking for non-stick foil, but the store I went to didn't have foil so I sighed and reluctantly bought the parchment paper thinking it would at least help a little.

I'm definitey a parchment paper fan now.

And an oopsie roll fan! This is the best "bread" solution I've ever bumped into for a low-carber.

Last edited by Free Indeed; 04-17-2008 at 09:33 AM..
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #794
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Snickerdoolers
Stats: 252.8/--/150
When i make oopsie's i normally make a dbl batch. To save on the parchment paper,i just flip it over and use again right away. I haven't had a problem yet!
Snickerdoolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #795
Junior LCF Member

Good idea, Snickerdoolers.

I was experimenting last night, but next time, I will just flip the paper over and bake the second batch on parchment paper.

I actually like oopsie rolls better than bread. Bread seems a little too dry to me now in comparison.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
I bake mine on a silpat and they are never moist or eggy on the bottom, they are just as dry as the top. Also you can reuse parchment paper over and over again. When I bake cookies I use the same sheet all day long and still keep it for another day if it looks good.
shadowzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenjenjen
Stats: 217/217/135
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Restart July 8, 2013
OK I just made my first batch of oopsie rolls...........oh lord......pure genius!!!
I ate a turkey sandwich.....oh thank you oopsie goddess.
For my first try they were awesome. They were a bit crumbly, any ideas to make them less crumbly??
Thanks,
Jen
jenjenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #798
something there

Thank you for the very sweet words! I am grumpy because of having to quit artificial sweeteners and this makes me relax-- because it's about food I like with people I like.

jenjenjen-- If they are crumbly, try storing them for a bit either in a plastic sack or a tupperware-type container. They will re-moisten. If they become too moist, just take them out and let them air out. They'll be right as rain in no time!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenjenjen
Stats: 217/217/135
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Restart July 8, 2013
Many thanks!!!! I cannot tell you how jazzed I am eating a sandwich!!!! BTW: Great blog. I also have a kiddo with autism......so on that note howdy sister!!
jenjenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #800
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
This has probably been covered in this LOOOONG thread but I didn't have time to search it out - yesterday and today both, I made Oopsie french toast by simply melting a pat of butter in a nonstick pan over med. heat, then throw in an Oopsie, now embellishments, and fried til browning a bit, flipped and fried - took a sum total of maybe 2 minutes. Flipped it onto my plate and topped with hot SF syrup. Oh man. Quick and delicious!

I make my Oopsies with 1 scoop whey protein powder and 1 tablespoon each raw wheat bran and regular flax meal. No sweetener or any other flavors. That way they are a blank canvas for anything I want to do with them! I baked my last batch in my nonstick, Pam-sprayed muffin top pan, let them rest about 4 minutes before trying to remove them to a cooling rack, and they came right off the pan, no sign of sticking anywhere.

LOVE ME SOME OOPSIES! Thanks Cleo!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #801
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
I agree that this thread is SOOOOOOO long. So, if this has already been mentioned, I apologize. But, Cleo or anyone else, have you ever used
the Oopsie Mix (still in the bowl), as a batter for deep frying? I was thinking of fried chicken, cheese bits, fried cauliflower, fried okra, fried mushrooms, FRIED GREEN TOMATOES...the possibilities are endless. I was thinking about trying this, but I figured surely someone has tried it...
did it work?

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 05-09-2008 at 10:12 AM..
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cocapelle
Quote:
Almost wishbone. I want to tweak just a little bit more, and then it will be perfect! I am really excited about what I had today, but it's still not 100% there, yet! I hope to have a definitive recipe by this weekend!

I've been searching the web pages for the cheesecake recipe, from this picture. Was there ever one posted??? Please show me a recipe or a link. Than you!
Cocapelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kisal
WOE: Basic low carb
Start Date: October 15, 2004
Quote:
Thank you for the very sweet words! I am grumpy because of having to quit artificial sweeteners and this makes me relax--
Cleo, I read your blog and am sorry to hear of the problems you're having with artificial sweeteners. Aspartame did cause my head to 'asplode'! (Not really of course, it just caused me to develop a serious seizure disorder.)

Anyway, as you develop your new recipes using Stevia, would it be at all possible for you to give an equivalent measure for those of us who continue to use Splenda? Even just a rough estimate would be helpful. I realize this might be asking a lot of you, and if so, please just ignore me.
Kisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ollamo
WOE: :::moderation:::
Start Date: may 13, 2008
Wow, this is a great thread. I have my first batch in the oven I haven't been this excited in a while. I think these are what's going to save my diet. Thanks sooooo much !!!!!
ollamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #805
something there

Kisal-- I will leave up the Splenda recipes and then adapt many of them to stevia. This way people can choose. Thanks for making that point.

ollamo-- Woohoo! I am so glad you're giving them a try!

I had this for lunch yesterday: (Pastrami sandwich)

Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: H20Goddess
Stats: 181/140/140, 5'9
WOE: LC / Whole Foods
Start Date: Jan 10, 2005
Oopsie Sloppy Joe burger - Delicious!

Another great use for Oopsie rolls - sloppy joes! Made these for supper last night and had a side sald with them and it was delicious. Linda Sue has an awesome Sloppy Joe recipe on her site.

I didn't do anything different to the batter, didn't add any extra flavouring etc. Just made the basic oopsie and found the oopsie roll to be the perfect texture and consistency for a sloppy joe.

Can't wait to dig in!

After the first bite - YUMMY!

Last edited by H20Goddess; 05-22-2008 at 06:30 AM..
H20Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:35 AM   #807
something there

OMG!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
H2O Goddess... can I have your Joe recipe?
jenna... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: H20Goddess
Stats: 181/140/140, 5'9
WOE: LC / Whole Foods
Start Date: Jan 10, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post
H2O Goddess... can I have your Joe recipe?
Hi Jenna. I used the recipe from LindaSue's website. The recipe can be found here:

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - My Favorite Sloppy Joes
H20Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
Thanks!
jenna... is offline   Reply With Quote