Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Determinedtolose
I need a waffle maker now! They just sound so good!
Determinedtolose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 05:42 AM   #512
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I am so glad the waffles worked out! That is tremendous! I am so amazed constantly at the clever nature of people here to come up with new and exciting things!
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I am so glad the waffles worked out! That is tremendous! I am so amazed constantly at the clever nature of people here to come up with new and exciting things!
It is all because of you! You came up not only delicious, but unique ideas! You are helping so many people eat healthy and making low carb dieting an easier and more fun way to eat!
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #514
something there

babydollsea-- Oh, I appreciate your confidence, but I just want to eat things with my hands and enjoy my food. If I can help invent things that keep us on plan (even if folks balk at foods like pizzas and whatnot), it's worth it. I almost ate nothing but eggs the last time I did Atkins. I need to EAT!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
Is there any variation to make the waffles or do you just use the regular Oopsie batter and pour it into a waffle maker? I love the idea of premaking these and keeping 'em in the freezer! I love me some waffles, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydollsea View Post
I just wanted to say that when I made Cleo's waffles, I froze them. I took 2 out this morning and put it in a toaster oven. Perfection! It is better than waffles I have tasted before. I plan to make these ahead now and freeze so that I can toast for a quick breakfast!
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imjoyful
Stats: 220/ *ugh* /170
WOE: CAD
Start Date: June 2007
OH, my goodness... I made my first batch of these this morning and between the kids, DH, and me, all 6 are history.

I had a turkey sandwich for lunch.. YUM... then a "twinkie" for dessert...

Thanks Cleo for the oopsie recipe!
imjoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #517
something there

you're welcome, imjoyful! I appreciate very much your letting me know what you think of them!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
babydollsea-- Oh, I appreciate your confidence, but I just want to eat things with my hands and enjoy my food. If I can help invent things that keep us on plan (even if folks balk at foods like pizzas and whatnot), it's worth it. I almost ate nothing but eggs the last time I did Atkins. I need to EAT!
Cleo,

You are so humble, but worthy of praise for your hard work and creativity. Today I had a Cleo breakfast, lunch and now dinner.

Breakfast: Oospie Waffles
Lunch: Oopsie roll with chicken salad
Dinner: Cleopatra's cauliflower Lasagna with....drumroll..tada
Dessert: Oopsie Cannoli (filled with ricotta cheese)

I even made Oospie Pizzelles to have on hand for a snack....I got 16 from the original 3 egg, 3 oz. cream cheese recipe!

You have entered my life
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ilove2read
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/10
[COLOR="purple"]Babydoll[/COLOR] - that's such a creative idea - to use the oopsie batter in the waffle maker and freeze them. I don't have a waffle maker - but maybe someday. I did make oopsie french toast out of them and really love it - it really taste just like normal french toast, I can't believe it!

[COLOR="Purple"]Imjoyful[/COLOR] - Hi CAD friend! Isn't it so nice to eat sandwiches again - at any meal? I have used oopsies to eat sloppy joes, egg salad sandwiches, beef sandwich, chicken sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich. I also have put cream cheese and sugar free jelly on one, have rolled one up with peanut butter mousse and whipped cream. I just love using oopsies in place of bread and buns to save on carbs! I also made an oopsie pizza crust and made a nice thin crust pizza and my kids loved it too.

[COLOR="purple"]Cleo[/COLOR] - Thanks again for your wonderful creation! I bought another bag of frozen cauliflower and will trying out your cauliflower pizza crust recipe in the next few days, I can't wait!
Ilove2read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #520
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydollsea View Post
Cleo,

You are so humble, but worthy of praise for your hard work and creativity. Today I had a Cleo breakfast, lunch and now dinner.

Breakfast: Oospie Waffles
Lunch: Oopsie roll with chicken salad
Dinner: Cleopatra's cauliflower Lasagna with....drumroll..tada
Dessert: Oopsie Cannoli (filled with ricotta cheese)

I even made Oospie Pizzelles to have on hand for a snack....I got 16 from the original 3 egg, 3 oz. cream cheese recipe!

You have entered my life

You are all ooopsied out!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spartan488to300
Stats: 488/446.5/200
WOE: Low Carb in general / with healthy fats mostly :)
Start Date: Feb 25th 2008
OK I don't know if everyone missed it or if I am on ignore lol

I tried to make these and they came out flat and unedible any ideas what I did wrong????

has anyone else experienced this I am thinking I may need more cream of tarter as a "pinch" did not seem like much thanks
spartan488to300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #522
lcq
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lcq
Stats: 5'5": 285.4-269.6 - 198
WOE: Atkins Low Carb / VLC
Start Date: Starting for the Gazillionth time!! - 4Mar10 285.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan488to300 View Post

I tried to make these and they came out flat and unedible any ideas what I did wrong????

has anyone else experienced this I am thinking I may need more cream of tarter as a "pinch" did not seem like much thanks

If they came out flat.....you did not put enough mixture on your baking sheet

If they came out dry and unedible.....you cooked them too long

Hope that helps
lcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Spartan... I replied! Back at 506. I think if you give more detail about what you did everyone might be able to offer some suggestions. Were your egg whites really stiff? I mean like "turn the bowl upside down without them falling out stiff?"

Quote:

Old 02-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
Hi Spartan... I replied! Back at 506. I think if you give more detail about what you did everyone might be able to offer some suggestions. Were your egg whites really stiff? I mean like "turn the bowl upside down without them falling out stiff?"
Sorry I have slight ADD I read the first part about the bang for you buck and didn't see the second I went through all of them like 3 times to make sure before I posted again lol

ok so they were not stiff like that they were still fluffy kinda like marange. I whipped them for a while and they didn't seem to be getting any stiffer so I thought If I keep going they might start breaking down. I will try them again tommorow and whip them more.

so just to make sure (I am no baker lol) a pinch is litterally a pinch right?

and they turned out flat. they were not over cooked I don't think. It must have been the egg white.

when you fold in the yolk mixture do the egg whites soften at all ?

some one should do a youtube video I will if I ever get them right lol

actually I will do one tommorow when I make them and post it then you guys can see what I am doing wrong if they don't turn out ok lol thanks and sorry for missing that post
Old 02-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Spartan there is a youtube video.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...arb-rolls.html
shadowzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
posting to mark spot
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I actually use more cream of tartar than a pinch but it might not make any difference. Even when I make the Oopsie with cream cheese, I still use 1/4 teaspoon of the COT like the old Revolution Roll recipe called for. Fluffy is good, but you should be able to invert the bowl still. The whites will break down some but you have to very slowly and very minimally fold the yolks in. You don't want them to break down much. You should be able to spoon one spoonful on top of another to pile your roll up.

Actually there is a youtube around here somewhere. If I find it I'll post the link.

Quote:
Sorry I have slight ADD I read the first part about the bang for you buck and didn't see the second I went through all of them like 3 times to make sure before I posted again lol

ok so they were not stiff like that they were still fluffy kinda like marange. I whipped them for a while and they didn't seem to be getting any stiffer so I thought If I keep going they might start breaking down. I will try them again tommorow and whip them more.

so just to make sure (I am no baker lol) a pinch is litterally a pinch right?

and they turned out flat. they were not over cooked I don't think. It must have been the egg white.

when you fold in the yolk mixture do the egg whites soften at all ?

some one should do a youtube video I will if I ever get them right lol

actually I will do one tommorow when I make them and post it then you guys can see what I am doing wrong if they don't turn out ok lol thanks and sorry for missing that post
Old 02-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowzip View Post
Yeah I am loving it thanks for the link

ok it says this video is no longer available

oh yeah and GO TIGERS

Last edited by spartan488to300; 02-27-2008 at 02:46 PM..
Old 02-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imjoyful
Stats: 220/ *ugh* /170
WOE: CAD
Start Date: June 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by flower75 View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]Imjoyful[/COLOR] - Hi CAD friend! Isn't it so nice to eat sandwiches again - at any meal? I have used oopsies to eat sloppy joes, egg salad sandwiches, beef sandwich, chicken sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich. I also have put cream cheese and sugar free jelly on one, have rolled one up with peanut butter mousse and whipped cream. I just love using oopsies in place of bread and buns to save on carbs! I also made an oopsie pizza crust and made a nice thin crust pizza and my kids loved it too.
Hiya flower! Oh yeah, I just had to have a sandwich today.. so much for RMs only for me, today! I'm looking forward to a PB & J sometime soon!
imjoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spartan try this link

Old 02-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #531
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
Spartan - Here's a little synopsis of what I think the "keys" to good Oopsies are...

*Try putting your bowl in the freezer for a few minutes before you start (the one for the whites).

*Be very careful not to get any yolk in the whites.

*When beating the whites - just when you think you've beaten them too much - keep going! Like someone else said, you should literally be able to flip the bowl over without the whites coming out.

*It's best not to use a plastic bowl, if possible, for the whites, because they often have a little oily residue on them. I've seen where people have wiped plastic bowl with vinegar first, but if you have the option, don't use them.

*When you fold the yolk mixture in - use something long and skinny. Cleo recommended and iced tea spoon (I think), and that's what I've used. Do it gently. Your final batter will not look uniform. You will have parts that are still all white. You're not going for perfect, uniform batter.

HTH!

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth. Get moving now!" ~ My friend Carl's FB status

This one's for DJ.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
You could also add 1/4 t xantham gum to either the whites, the yolks, or both. It makes them sturdier and less apt to collapse.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #533
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jojofreo
Stats: 211/210/154
WOE: low carb
Start Date: feburary 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowzip View Post
oh bugger it says this video is no longer longer available, did you guys all wear it out?? That would be good to watch!
jojofreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #534
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jojofreo
Stats: 211/210/154
WOE: low carb
Start Date: feburary 2008
oh now it's there! cool thanks!
jojofreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

OK I think I screwed everything up lol

My egg whites needed to be mixed longer I only have a hand mixer and I did not use nearly enough COT. She used a half a tbsp for a double batch so 1/4 tbsp for a batch would be good then.

Also has anyone tried these with cottage cheese like she said?

she did tbsp I used ounces but I swear that is what it said aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggg

I am soooo confused lol

ps one of my yolks broke in the white I fished all of it out but a tiny bit that might not of helped either from what she said

I really think these would play a big roll no pun intended lol in my diet if I can get them right lol

Last edited by spartan488to300; 02-27-2008 at 05:52 PM..
Old 02-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

By the way has anyone tried to make a loaf out of this recipe or a large pizza size roll ??? just wondering

thanks everyone for the help I am going to try these again tommorow and hopefully I will have good news to report
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Green"]I haven't done the loaf but I think I recall somebody did and sliced it like bread, but I coulda been dreaming.

I make mine more often with mayo or cottage cheese than with cream cheese, simply because cream cheese tends to stall me. I think the cream cheese ones are sturdier like Cleo said, esp. for burgers with heavy condiments, but my mayo one last week held up fine to a double cheeseburger! Mayo and cottage cheese are fine with the sandwiches. So in other words... I likes 'em all!!

What I DO want to try is the whey protein she used. She said it made it more bready. Now THAT would be fantastic. And not much more on the carbs either![/COLOR]
Quote:
OK I think I screwed everything up lol

My egg whites needed to be mixed longer I only have a hand mixer and I did not use nearly enough COT. She used a half a tbsp for a double batch so 1/4 tbsp for a batch would be good then.

Also has anyone tried these with cottage cheese like she said?

she did tbsp I used ounces but I swear that is what it said aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggg

I am soooo confused lol

ps one of my yolks broke in the white I fished all of it out but a tiny bit that might not of helped either from what she said

I really think these would play a big roll no pun intended lol in my diet if I can get them right lol
Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
[COLOR="Green"]I
What I DO want to try is the whey protein she used. She said it made it more bready. Now THAT would be fantastic. And not much more on the carbs either![/COLOR]

That is how I like them the best. I add a TBS of whey protein to the yolk mixture. They end up sturdier and not so sticky. More bready to me.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"]I haven't done the loaf but I think I recall somebody did and sliced it like bread, but I coulda been dreaming.

I make mine more often with mayo or cottage cheese than with cream cheese, simply because cream cheese tends to stall me. I think the cream cheese ones are sturdier like Cleo said, esp. for burgers with heavy condiments, but my mayo one last week held up fine to a double cheeseburger! Mayo and cottage cheese are fine with the sandwiches. So in other words... I likes 'em all!!

is the mayo or cottage chesse a 1 for 1 mix and do you use tbls or oz? I have tones of protein powder at my house thats for sure

I was just reading another thread where she mentioned taking these out for dinner with the fam and switching out the bun at red robin sounds like a great idea to me.

Last edited by spartan488to300; 02-27-2008 at 06:45 PM..
Old 02-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Indigo"]I use 3 tablespoons of either cottage cheese or mayo for each 3 egg recipe making 6 rolls. I haven't tried it with just 3 tablespoons of cream cheese but I just might! I've only done cream cheese using Cleo's recipe for 3 ounces. [/COLOR]

Quote:
is the mayo or cottage chesse a 1 for 1 mix and do you use tbls or oz? I have tones of protein powder at my house thats for sure

I was just reading another thread where she mentioned taking these out for dinner with the fam and switching out the bun at red robin sounds like a great idea to me.