Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Made an oopsie roll cake this morning. Used 8 eggs and a whole block of cream cheese. Filled it with a basic cream cheese frosting. Still cooling, so haven't had a chance to taste it. I will post some pics tomorrow (left my camera cord at work).
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra2721 View Post
Made an oopsie roll cake this morning. Used 8 eggs and a whole block of cream cheese. Filled it with a basic cream cheese frosting. Still cooling, so haven't had a chance to taste it. I will post some pics tomorrow (left my camera cord at work).
Do let us know...I would love to see pics...I was thinking of making a roll cake as well
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCfan03
WOE: Atkins or just low carb in general
Start Date: June 2003
Here is one other tip that helps me. I am terrible about getting my eggs separated. I don't know what it is, but I have used an egg separator, my hand, etc. and I STILL have issues with the yolks breaking into the whites. Once you get ONE DROP of yolk in your egg whites - then they won't stiffen.

SO

I now buy the cartons of 100% egg whites from the grocery and make oopsies with that. You can then have a little more egg white than the recipe calls for which (for me) gives me higher, more fluffy oopsies.

I still try to separate my eggs per the recipe, but if I only add the yolks (as directed). If I get one done perfectly, then I go ahead an add that white to the others. If not - I just put the whole egg into the cream cheese mixture. I have done it with one egg white (in the yolks) and they turned out fine. I don't know that I'd add all three whites because I think it would be too runny.

For what it is worth.........that is my experience.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #424
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
It's a myth! I get yolk in my whites and they beat up just fine! Don't buy into it.

Terra-- ooh! Pictures, please! That sounds lovely!
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
Cleo, don't know what I coulda done wrong with my pizza but looks like I'm at least 3 to 1 on people who had success with it! Definitely if you try it please let us know and I might try it again.

I forgot until Linda posted that picture of her burger (yummo!) that I had also taken pictures of my first batch of Oopsie buns using the cream cheese. (I usually make 'em with mayo or cottage cheese)

Here's my Oopsie debut on a double egg and cheese sammy! And yes, it was marvelous! I was going to make some more today for burgers but I used the last of my cream cheese on the pizza and I think my DH ate the last of the eggs last night for a snack too... gotta make a grocery run!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1187.jpg (33.8 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg img_1204.jpg (36.7 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg img_1206.jpg (40.6 KB, 117 views)
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #426
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Determinedtolose
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
Cleo, don't know what I coulda done wrong with my pizza but looks like I'm at least 3 to 1 on people who had success with it! Definitely if you try it please let us know and I might try it again.

I forgot until Linda posted that picture of her burger (yummo!) that I had also taken pictures of my first batch of Oopsie buns using the cream cheese. (I usually make 'em with mayo or cottage cheese)

Here's my Oopsie debut on a double egg and cheese sammy! And yes, it was marvelous! I was going to make some more today for burgers but I used the last of my cream cheese on the pizza and I think my DH ate the last of the eggs last night for a snack too... gotta make a grocery run!

Yumm Mary! A nice juicy burger would be good on that sandwich too! Ala Paula Deen!
Determinedtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Just to say--I made the pizza today --a small one to test, because I want to make a larger one for the Oscars later--I used a springform pan for the crust and it worked really well--I used Pam on the pan, sprinkled a little ground flaxseed on the bottom, spread my oopsie batter and topped with a shredded cheese mixture and baked it for 40 minutes--looked excellent and substantial--to make the pizza, I topped with some lower carb pizza sauce (Eden Organic), shredded mozzarella, sauteed mushrooms and peppers, and some turkey pastrami and then a little more cheese--baked at 400--it was excellent. The crust reminded me a little of the old Little Caesar's pizzas--it was definitely soft, not stiff--but still held up under the toppings--

Sorry no pix, but DH loved it, so i will make it tonight for everyone--

ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #428
something there

See, I was wondering about the flax seed meal, and whether it added anything to the crust...

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm thinking that either sprinkling cheddar in the bottom of the pan-preoopsie could help hold it together once it cooled? Or pepperoni below the oopsie batter?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ouizoid... you have almost convinced me to give this another try. I mean look at my pictures... my pizza was so beautiful!!!!

So you cooked it in a regular springform pan? Maybe using that larger pizza pan I used was the problem?? I like that you added a shredded cheese mixture to the pizza crust for the first round of cooking too... that must've helped. What kind of mixture was it? Also, did you use 400 degrees both times, or just the second cooking with the toppings?

Also, anybody who added spices (garlic, italian seasoning, etc.) to their yolks ... can somebody give measurements? I added spices that somebody on this thread did and that could have messed me up on the flavor.

Sorry for all the questions... but, but.... I really want this to work!!!

Thanks!!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary--I cooked the crust at 350 for about 40 minutes--the first time, and then after I put my toppings on, I cooked it at 400 for about 15-20 minutes til it looked done-and I definitely think sprinkling shredded mexican cheddar cheese on top gave the crust some substance to begin with--I also think my springform pan allowed the crust to have some depth--I guess I also think expectations are important--the crust was never like bread--but definitely firm enough to stand up to the toppings, which were substantial!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #431

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Linda-- that looks almost like a Red Robin burger!! It's bootiful!!!
That sucker weighed 5 1/2 ounces AFTER it was cooked! I started out with 1/2 pound of the really cheap ground beef per patty. I like using the cheap stuff because it has more fat in it (plus I got it marked down to 99-cents per pound). That means that the burgers don't lose as much fat as they cook so they stay juicy.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you ouizoid for sharing what you did. I am saving your notes for my next attempt! I think your tips are probably key... smaller pan with sides, higher temps on both cookings and the cheese sprinkling on the first bake. Oh yeah... I'll bet that mexican blend is delish! Did you season your oopsie yolks with anything at all or did you just use Cleo's basic recipe?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Need2LoseNow
Stats: 439/434/199
WOE: low carb
Start Date: today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
As my sisters ate cinnamon buns, I decided to make something sweet. I made the oopsies with splenda and cinnamon and added sf jelly and whipped cream and they came out great! I am trying not to eat all... ok..maybe one more..
ooooooooooh!!!! i want my food to be shaped like a star!!!! *jealous* that looks so yummy! and i was planning to make some sweet one and im gonna post pics of my pizza soon! batteries in the cam died before i could upload....
Need2LoseNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Need2 would you PLEASE also post your directions etc. too for a dense headed person such as moi??
Old 02-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue View Post
That sucker weighed 5 1/2 ounces AFTER it was cooked! I started out with 1/2 pound of the really cheap ground beef per patty. I like using the cheap stuff because it has more fat in it (plus I got it marked down to 99-cents per pound). That means that the burgers don't lose as much fat as they cook so they stay juicy.
Good point on the cheaper ground beef! Never thought of that.

Are you talking about the kind that is packaged in a tube?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydollsea View Post
Do let us know...I would love to see pics...I was thinking of making a roll cake as well
whats a roll cake? does that mean you actually roll it up?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
Need2 would you PLEASE also post your directions etc. too for a dense headed person such as moi??
i dont really have any particular directions....i did finally get my whites stiff though! and also, i never really measure anything so i suck at giving recipes!

um...lets see....4 oz of cream cheese (apprx), 4 eggs, savory seasoning and oregano in the yolks, oh and some mayo for no reason at all oh and i put a little over a quarter teaspoon of baking powder in too...in the whites i put some CoT and xanthan....

i dont have a pizza pan so i used my giant cookie sheet and spread it mighty thin....baked it til it was golden (ihave no idea how long, i could just smell it) then i let it cool a little bit added tomato sauce and pizza cheese (cheddar and mozz) and some turkey pepperonis and let it bake at 425 until the pepperonis were crunchy...

the end!

the thing about glitter is, if you get glitter on you, be prepared to have it on you forever because glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
~*~ Demetri Martin, Person ~*~
Old 02-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmm... wonder if the leavening and thickener made the difference? I see you also did a higher temp at 425 degrees, more eggs, mayo and a little extra cream cheese too. And you also used the bigger pan like I did, hmmm. Looks like everybody kinda did something a little different. Well, thanks again for the info .. I'm taking notes!!
Old 02-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diana, I agree that the cheaper, fattier cuts are so much juicier. Also, on any kind of meat I have found that if you let it come to room temperature too for about 20/30 minutes before putting it in a hot pan, it seems to help to keep it moist and juicy too. Steaks on the grill especially benefit. For years my meat, even the good fatty cuts, kept coming out tough and I could not figure out what was wrong then I heard this tip and have used it ever since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedtolose View Post
Good point on the cheaper ground beef! Never thought of that.

Are you talking about the kind that is packaged in a tube?
Old 02-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Just enjoyed a piece of the oopsie roll cake. I wanted chocolate but was out of Cocoa powder and tried subbing 3 tbsp. of sugar free choc. syrup...didn't turn out as choclatey as I wanted but still a nice treat. I have portion control issues so I cut cake into 12 slices and from what I computed on fit day here is the nutritional info (keep in mind I am new to the whole ****** thing)... Cal.161 Fat...14 Carbs... 3 Protein...5

Last edited by Terra2721; 02-24-2008 at 02:46 PM..
Old 02-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a picture. I think this could be a pretty versatile recipe. I wanted a faux hoho type cake, have to use cocoa powder next time and see what happens. Also thinking you could do a vanilla oopsie cake and that could be a twinkie type desert....or use a custard filling....lots of options.

Last edited by Terra2721; 02-24-2008 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: add pic
Old 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #442

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a picture. I think this could be a pretty versatile recipe. I wanted a faux hoho type cake, have to use cocoa powder next time and see what happens. Also thinking you could do a vanilla oopsie cake and that could be a twinkie type desert....or use a custard filling....lots of options.
That looks really good! Very Good!!

Thanks Mary! Good to know!!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Terra.. that looks lovely! Very creative use of Oopsie!

Yur welcome Diana!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Hi...I ended up making one too! Your post encouraged me to! Yours looks fabulous! what kind of filling did you use? I put mine in a new thread called "Oospie Ricotta Roll". I think cocoa added would be great!
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydollsea View Post
Hi...I ended up making one too! Your post encouraged me to! Yours looks fabulous! what kind of filling did you use? I put mine in a new thread called "Oospie Ricotta Roll". I think cocoa added would be great!
Running over there!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

oooh! how do you roll it?? also, whats the filling made of?
Old 02-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Ok..all that are making Oopsie rolls cake out of them..is there any way of using another pan than a Jelly roll pan? I dont have one..

HUGS
Christina
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made another pizza--4 egg 4 oz cream cheese oopsie recipe--added 1 TBS of golden flaxseed meal, roasted garlic to the yolks--used my springform pan and sprinkled the top with mexican cheese before I baked the crust--JUST the best--so sorry I can't post pix.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #449
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lippi
Chocolate Pudding Oopsie Rolls

So I made the oopsies as per usual, and added 1 packet dry Chocolate Fudge Sugar Free Jello Pudding and a bunch of Davinci's English Toffee SF syrup to the yolks. Omitted the Splenda.

Comes to 5 grams o' carbs per Oopsie, which is a little high, but chocolatey-delicious. Put a Instone chocolate pudding on top and topped it off with a squirt of Chocolate RediWhip Whipped cream. 8 grams net carbs. Nummers!
lippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #450
something there

So pretty!!! *clapping* I am just useless around here, so I sit and clap and drool.