Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ilove2read
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/10
Marymc - I didn't try all sour cream yet, I will though - maybe tomorrow. I love the original recipe of course - and I LOVE cream cheese - it's just that it has a lot of sodium in it and so does mayo and I try and watch that along with the calories too. So, that's why I experimented a little with sour cream.

If I try all sour cream - will let you know how they turn out and if you try it before I do, please let me know too!
Ilove2read is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Need2LoseNow
Stats: 439/434/199
WOE: low carb
Start Date: today
the crust is in the oven! woohoo!!
Need2LoseNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Need2LoseNow
Stats: 439/434/199
WOE: low carb
Start Date: today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
Oopsies or pizza?
oopsie pizza!
Need2LoseNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
I sure will - was gonna make some tonight but never got away from the television and laptop LOL... Sodium affects me too ... bloats me up quick! So I totally understand. The original cottage cheese ones are good, but they're higher in carbs. I love cream cheese too, but again, carbs AND it usually stalls me! The mayo ones cooked up fine and I really liked them for sandwiches, that's why I thought the sour cream might work alone too - sort of the same consistency. Somebody posted on the other thread that they did try all sour cream and they thought it was too sour, but might work as a savory bun, which is what I would want them for anyway. Anyway, will definitely post when I get to it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower75 View Post
Marymc - I didn't try all sour cream yet, I will though - maybe tomorrow. I love the original recipe of course - and I LOVE cream cheese - it's just that it has a lot of sodium in it and so does mayo and I try and watch that along with the calories too. So, that's why I experimented a little with sour cream.

If I try all sour cream - will let you know how they turn out and if you try it before I do, please let me know too!
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
Okay, gotta admit, the pizza's are gettin' to me.

But. . . . I'm low cal as well as low carb so I gotta ask:

Re the original Oopsie recipe:

1. Anyone tried these with Egg Beaters in place of the yolks in this recipe? Think I could get away with that?

2. Anyone gone the FF cream cheese route?

Thanks!

-Retroworx
retroworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:55 AM   #396
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Determinedtolose
I went to make Oopsies last night and realized I didn't have cream cheese, so I used mascarpone cheese since I already had it and it seemed to turn out okay.
I'm not sure which is higher in carbs cc or mascarpone.
Determinedtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:51 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I made extra sweet oopsies and used them in strawberry shortcake. They are perfect. They have the light spongecake type of flavor. My husband was thrilled. Now I can keep a bag of oopsies in the freezer, a container of sweetened strawberries in the fridge along with a can of whipped cream, and he can make himself a low carb, fairly low calorie strawberry shortcake at a moment's notice.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Every time I open this thread and see that first post with the big ole baconater ... well, I just about start drooling all over myself LOL....

Oh Soobee... YUM!! I always have a big bag of strawberries in my freezer. Do you know how much extra sweetener you used on the Oopsie? The last time I made sweet ones they weren't sweet enough, but then I didn't want to overdo it the next time I did them either! I think those were the original recipe with cottage cheese too though now that I think about it...
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I have made the oopsies with ff cream cheese (the kind in the tub)--I used regular eggs--and I added a little xanthan gum when beating the whites--they are still very low calorie (I think like 37 calories per oopsie) and my experience is that they need to sit in the fridge overnight to be as flexible as their high fat cousins--when they are first baked, they are a bit more rigid--I think because the ff cc is already loaded with gum of some kind. I thought they were fine--definitely better than the original rev. rolls. Try it and see what you think--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Need2... how did your's turn out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need2LoseNow View Post
the crust is in the oven! woohoo!!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
marymc, I used 1/2 cup worth of sweetener (Sweetzfree which is 0 carbs and calories) for a double batch made with 6 eggs. I also added vanilla. The oopsies taste like a terrific light spongecake, better than anything you would buy at the store.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #402
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
As my sisters ate cinnamon buns, I decided to make something sweet. I made the oopsies with splenda and cinnamon and added sf jelly and whipped cream and they came out great! I am trying not to eat all... ok..maybe one more..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg food2 003.jpg (60.7 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg food2 007.jpg (30.7 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg food2 012.jpg (52.2 KB, 189 views)
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #403

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
As my sisters ate cinnamon buns, I decided to make something sweet. I made the oopsies with splenda and cinnamon and added sf jelly and whipped cream and they came out great! I am trying not to eat all... ok..maybe one more..
Ok, you are really showing out!! Those look good! What kind of SF jelly do you use? I bought Smuckers strawberry. It is good! Your stars are too cute!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #404
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
Ok, you are really showing out!! Those look good! What kind of SF jelly do you use? I bought Smuckers strawberry. It is good! Your stars are too cute!
It's the same smuckers strawberry....thanks..they were at the dollar store and I can throw them out when I'm done and not have to wash dishes so I'm happy!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #405

Looks like I need to make a trip to the dollar store! I feel like baking now!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #406
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Oh, those are too too too cutecutecute! And you gave me the most awesome idea ever! For that I love you, but my husband will weep... (lol)
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #407
I'm his Princess

I want to make "corn dogs" type thing tomorrow..like the pig in the blankets but with full hotdogs. I'm trying to figure out how to do it without it running all over the pan.

I'm cooking so much now because during the week I leave for work at 6:50am and don't get home til 10pm. No time to cook I usually eat 2/3 meals out a day. So to eliminate that I'm cooking ahead on Sunday for 4 days. So I can have my choice of breakfast, lunch and dinner at my fingertips.
I can stay on track this way........
Phil 1:21 For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity] Amplified

Fataholic on a Mission!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #408

That is good planning. Most don't realize that the secret to LC is planning ahead.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #409
Sweet and Spicy Tart

Quote:
I want to make "corn dogs" type thing tomorrow..like the pig in the blankets but with full hotdogs. I'm trying to figure out how to do it without it running all over the pan.

I'm cooking so much now because during the week I leave for work at 6:50am and don't get home til 10pm. No time to cook I usually eat 2/3 meals out a day. So to eliminate that I'm cooking ahead on Sunday for 4 days. So I can have my choice of breakfast, lunch and dinner at my fingertips.
I can stay on track this way........
[COLOR="Magenta"]I made one... Yes, just one, as I wasn't sure how to do it..

All I did was spoon some batter out about the length/width of a hotdog bun, put the dog on it, and spooned some more over it. It ran down the sides just a little, but baked up fine really... When I do it again, I will make the first layer {for lack of a better word.. Brain is dead right now} skinnier, so when I put the dog down, it won't smoosh out to the sides as much..

It didn't stick to the hotdog like the cresent roll would, but it worked well..

I baked it at 300* untill I felt it and the Oppsies were done. For some reason, even tho I live where Cleo does, mine need more than 30 minutes. I imagine it's just our ovens cook different??[/COLOR]

Cinderella~~~~Proof that shoes really CAN change your life!...
RockyMtnAngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #410
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnAngelEyes View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]I made one... Yes, just one, as I wasn't sure how to do it..

All I did was spoon some batter out about the length/width of a hotdog bun, put the dog on it, and spooned some more over it. It ran down the sides just a little, but baked up fine really... When I do it again, I will make the first layer {for lack of a better word.. Brain is dead right now} skinnier, so when I put the dog down, it won't smoosh out to the sides as much..

It didn't stick to the hotdog like the cresent roll would, but it worked well..

I baked it at 300* untill I felt it and the Oppsies were done. For some reason, even tho I live where Cleo does, mine need more than 30 minutes. I imagine it's just our ovens cook different??[/COLOR]
I wil be trying it tomorrow, will post and let you know! Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oopsie Pizza Disaster

I don't know if it's me, or if I did something wrong, but my Oopsie pizza was a total disaster. Look at it!! It looks beautiful. It even looks crispy and flaky. But it was a limp mess, not at all crisp or flaky, the crust edges look pretty but they just disintegrated, it was nothing like a real pizza and well, the flavor was bleech... not good at all. No offense at all to the recipe authors ... obviously yours turned out fine. Not mine! I had to throw the whole thing away and couldn't even salvage the toppings. I did try to salvage it first though by sandwiching two pieces together (that last picture) and then trying to crisp it up in a pan like a pizza quesadilla and that was even worse. Yuck. Couldn't eat it. I can't imagine what happened to mine but ... I am broken hearted. Am I the only one who failed at Oopsie pizza making?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1318.jpg (46.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg img_1328.jpg (39.9 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg img_1333.jpg (22.7 KB, 128 views)
Old 02-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
Pizza and Waffles

I made the oopsie pizza (awesome)...I baked it in a jellyroll pan and following the instructions for the pizza.

I also made the waffles this morning...TURNED OUT GREAT! If added half scoop protein powder (Designer Whey natural) with the yolks first. Then after I incorporated the whites to the yolk mixture, I added another half scoop! Turned out crispy --- so good!

Thanks so much to everyone for their ideas (and of course, Cleo!)
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #413

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
I finally got around to having an Oopsie Burger yesterday and it was great! It was very messy but that was my fault because I put too many condiments on it. The bun held up just fine though. Here's my photo:

LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #414
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
I don't know if it's me, or if I did something wrong, but my Oopsie pizza was a total disaster. Look at it!! It looks beautiful. It even looks crispy and flaky. But it was a limp mess, not at all crisp or flaky, the crust edges look pretty but they just disintegrated, it was nothing like a real pizza and well, the flavor was bleech... not good at all. No offense at all to the recipe authors ... obviously yours turned out fine. Not mine! I had to throw the whole thing away and couldn't even salvage the toppings. I did try to salvage it first though by sandwiching two pieces together (that last picture) and then trying to crisp it up in a pan like a pizza quesadilla and that was even worse. Yuck. Couldn't eat it. I can't imagine what happened to mine but ... I am broken hearted. Am I the only one who failed at Oopsie pizza making?
Sorry it didnt taste good...not sure why....
Old 02-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #415
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue View Post
I finally got around to having an Oopsie Burger yesterday and it was great! It was very messy but that was my fault because I put too many condiments on it. The bun held up just fine though. Here's my photo:

Now thats a burger! I don't do mayo...but it looks mouthwatering...a full meal
Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue View Post

Yummy! I haven't tried a burger with oopsie's yet btyt hey are great for tuna salad sandwhiches! I'm going to make more this week and have myself a burger! This is making my mouth water!
Yummy's_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Linda It looks as great and Yummy as a HC burger does! I love alot of condiments on mine too. They are a meal full..when I fixed them that is all I want when I eat it for Lunch or Dinner. I sure wish I could get my pictures to come out as great as yours does. About ready to try a Oopise pizza but I dont want a soggy crust..Does the flax work from keep it from getting soggy?

HUGS
Christina
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #418

Gallery: Determinedtolose
Looks good LindaSue! I had already tried mine as a hamburger too and I totally love them!
Determinedtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #419
Sweet and Spicy Tart

Quote:
I wil be trying it tomorrow, will post and let you know! Thanks for the tip!
[COLOR="Magenta"]Great![/COLOR]
RockyMtnAngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #420
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Linda-- that looks almost like a Red Robin burger!! It's bootiful!!!

OMG-- that PIZZA!!! mary............ mmm mmm mmm I haven't tried the oopsie recipe as pizza crust yet and wondered-- it does look delicious, though!

H2O watergoddesess' looked like it held together fairly well!

Last edited by cleochatra; 02-24-2008 at 09:35 AM..
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote