Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   One minute muffin recipe (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/537388-one-minute-muffin-recipe.html)

sharonmid 01-19-2008 12:29 PM

One minute muffin recipe

Where can i find the one minute muffin recipe? I have looked on Lindas web site and the recipes on this web site but still cant find. Also I read that someone added chocolate to theirs, anyone know about this?

sunniesmile 01-20-2008 06:52 AM

here you go...:D

1-Minute Muffin
1/4 cup Flax Meal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Splenda
1 teaspoon Cinamon
1 Egg
1-2 teaspoons Butter

1.5 Carbs

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffe cup. Add egg and butter; mix well. Microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out

AsmallerME 01-20-2008 06:57 AM

I use Sunnie's recipe but use 1-2 tablespoons of butter. I found the muffin to be a bit too dry with that amount of butter.

Also, here's a link from the recipe board with other ideas:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-recipe-2.html

TaDa! 01-20-2008 07:27 AM

i love these with a good dose of the cinnamon .... and a good shot of ground cloves added ... my kids come running becasue they think I'm baking gingerbread :hyst:

and my 7 yo who has had a bite, assures me that she loves them, lol!

lisabinil 01-20-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunniesmile (Post 9820213)
here you go...:D

1-Minute Muffin
1/4 cup Flax Meal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Splenda
1 teaspoon Cinamon
1 Egg
1-2 teaspoons Butter

1.5 Carbs

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffe cup. Add egg and butter; mix well. Microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out

The carb count is wrong for this-flaxmeal .4, Splenda 1, cinnamon .59, egg .61 = 2.6 net carbs. Spices have carbs-LindaSue has a printable chart on her website you can hang on your fridge or go to usda.gov for nutritional info on foods-this is where sites like ****** and Daily Plate get their info from. Also flaxmeal has .1 net carb per tablespoon making it a really healthful addition to your WOE-you can get info on the National Flax Council's website-they are the experts on flax. Also about.com has good flax info and recipes. :)

sunniesmile 01-20-2008 09:06 AM

hey lisa-thanks for the correction--def. what to keep it right :) i did not realize there were carbs in cinnamon...so easy to miss a hidden carb

lisabinil 01-20-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunniesmile (Post 9820757)
hey lisa-thanks for the correction--def. what to keep it right :) i did not realize there were carbs in cinnamon...so easy to miss a hidden carb

I never thought about it either until I was looking at LindaSue's website. We learn so many things the longer we're on this WOE. :D

pepperette 01-20-2008 09:15 AM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Also, the golden flax meal has more fiber per serving (Bob's Red Mill) and zeros out the carb count! It makes a prettier muffin, too. So does the almond meal, which is a little tastier than the flax.[/COLOR]

AllieCat0817 01-20-2008 09:18 AM

I used the Search feature, and searched on 'one minute muffin' and chose the option to search titles only:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...in-recipe.html

lisabinil 01-20-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepperette (Post 9820804)
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Also, the golden flax meal has more fiber per serving (Bob's Red Mill) and zeros out the carb count! It makes a prettier muffin, too. So does the almond meal, which is a little tastier than the flax.[/COLOR]

The flaxmeal doesn't really zero out. I use the Golden Organic Flaxmeal also. Mfgs are allowed to list 0 carbs on a product if it has .4 or under carbs. The National Flax Council-who are the experts on flax both golden and dark-list .1 net carbs per tbl of flaxmeal. They have tons of info on their website from growing flax, flax for animals, nutrition etc. http://www.flaxcouncil.ca/english/pd...andlowcarb.pdf Laura Dolson on about.com agrees with this and has lots of great articles about flax.

AlittleStar 01-20-2008 07:29 PM

can someone give me an idea of what this muffin tastes like? I am considering making it but I wanted to know what kind of taste I can expect. Thanks

lisabinil 01-20-2008 07:31 PM

Flax has a delicious nutty taste to me and I use different sf syrups and sometimes cinnamon to flavor mine.

Jake 01-20-2008 07:37 PM

You can make it without the butter, btw.

DorianH 01-20-2008 10:36 PM

It kind of tastes like a bran muffin to me. It does have a grainy texture but the flavor is fairly mild. It's good with cream cheese on it.

Be careful not to overcook though. I did that and they taste pretty nasty when overcooked- really dry!

PalmTreeGal 01-20-2008 11:51 PM

My recipe is this:

1/4 c flax
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tb coconut oil, melted
3-4 pumps Davinci's (hazelnut is best, others that work are caramel, dulce de leche, vanilla, irish cream - anything non-fruity)

1 min 20 sec in the microwave. Slice in half and toast, spread with butter.

I am a woman of routine, I always make it the same way!

sharonmid 01-21-2008 05:05 PM

I made it and hated it, added a little Davincis vanilla and some chopped almonds and I just hated the taste,and I hated the texture, I had never ate Flax before.

hay 01-21-2008 05:07 PM

Yeah...the minute muffin isn't my absolute favorite- but I'll eat it if I'm pressed for something

meb2004 01-21-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmTreeGal (Post 9824491)
My recipe is this:

1/4 c flax
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tb coconut oil, melted
3-4 pumps Davinci's (hazelnut is best, others that work are caramel, dulce de leche, vanilla, irish cream - anything non-fruity)

1 min 20 sec in the microwave. Slice in half and toast, spread with butter.

I am a woman of routine, I always make it the same way!

hey! I just made this exact recipe (more or less coconut oil) and it was great!! so much more moist than just using butter. I bet the liquid from davinci's helps with that.

PalmTreeGal 01-21-2008 07:08 PM

Glad you like my version, Meb2004! I use the CO because of it's supposed health benefits. Probably the Davinci's does help with the texture. I just like that it's nearly carb-free, unlike powdered Splenda.

miraclemom 01-21-2008 09:00 PM

Man, who comes up with all these concocktions anyway. This one was clever. I tried it and was pleased.

lisabinil 01-22-2008 04:18 AM

This is an lc'ers standby-it's been around for awhile. I agree with PalmTreeGal and always use 1 tbl CO or butter and have never had a dry muffin. Nice to see you back! :hiya:

pepperette 01-23-2008 07:02 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]The regular(?) flax is dark, and I liked it with cocoa mix in it. The golden flax and almond meal are lighter in color and both were terrific, IMHO.[/COLOR]

junkfoodmonkey 01-24-2008 01:28 PM

Whoever originated this counts as an official Hero of the Low Carb Lifestyle in my book. Just made my first and it sure won't be the last. (My big purple coffee mug will be more a big purple muffin mug from now on.

I had to use almond meal as I think I'll have to go to a health food shop to get flax meal, I can't find it at the supermarket. But I love almond, so that was fine. But otherwise exactly as the recipe above. Nuked for exactly a minute (and I was amazed how big it grew! :D) Moist and delicious. Yep. I'll be having that again.

How well do these keep? Are they nice cold? (the one I just made didn't have the chance to cool much! ;) Do they reheat well? Can I get them in Starbucks... wait, strike that last one.

I could see making a batch of them to include with my lunches if they keep nicely.

junkfoodmonkey 01-26-2008 03:35 AM

I made one this morning with nutmeg instead of cinnamon, very nice. It also went especially huge and fluffy, don't know if that was a coincidence. But very, very nice.

ReneeD70 01-26-2008 08:02 AM

I much prefer the oven baked version. I use half flax & half almond flour. Hubby hated the one minute muffin but will readily eat the baked version.

Lauren87 01-26-2008 06:34 PM

I have alot of flax-z-snax...ya think this will work in place of the flax meal? or are they totally different?

ReneeD70 01-26-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lauren87 (Post 9854732)
I have alot of flax-z-snax...ya think this will work in place of the flax meal? or are they totally different?

I have never heard of flax n snax...so I can't help ya there.

frogfarm 03-15-2009 09:36 PM

Just made this first time and it awesomely lived up to the billing! But does anyone have full nutritional information? I poked this into the *********** calculator and it's claiming over 15 grams of carb per muffin!

Carol21950 03-16-2009 10:01 AM

I use CO and butter combined, and add some nutmeg b/c I don't think I can really taste the cinnamon over the flax meal.

The taste is nutty and rich, not at all bland. It's very filling, too. If you have it w/ cream cheese or with a couple of strips of bacon on the side, there's your breakfast. (It doesn't taste like "health food," which to me means it tastes like you ground up a vitamin pill and added it. The 1-Minute Muffin tastes just fine.)

I like the suggestion of adding SF syrup instead of powdered splenda, BTW. I'll try that next time.

Jake 03-16-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogfarm (Post 11702895)
Just made this first time and it awesomely lived up to the billing! But does anyone have full nutritional information? I poked this into the *********** calculator and it's claiming over 15 grams of carb per muffin!

Are they including fiber?