Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCNat
LC Crock Pot Meals

I am looking to make some LC Crock Pot Meals. Does anyone have a favorite?
LCNat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Old Wise One

Gallery: jezzie
Stats: choosing to be scale-free;
WOE: (48% C; 33% Fat; 19% P; )
Start Date: 11/22/11 - MediterrAsian, Flexitarian, Oz-ish
A load of them here you can check out:

Add your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!

jezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maeve
Stats: 224/219/178
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Ongoing
beef roast with montreal steak seasoning over it, several cloves of garlic thrown in, and a splash of red wine

chicken with lots of garlic and oregano, salt and pepper

stew meat with garlic, wine, sliced onions, and italian seasoning

I thawed a roast yesterday knowing that it was going to snow today. Our meal is cooking and it smells really good!
Maeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Sleepy
i love to cook a pork tenderloin
lots of salt & pepper & a little water in the bottom
cook on low for 8 hours
shred with 2 forks then season it different ways all week
we love it with bbq sauce
or you can add terryiacki
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: atcgirl42
Quote:
I thawed a roast yesterday knowing that it was going to snow today.
Just wanted to say that I work full time and commute an hour to and an hour from work. I will toss a frozen roast in the crockpot in the morning, turn it on low and let it defrost and cook to give me an additional 2 hours cooking time.

There is probably a similar recipe to this around here, but I'll take a frozen chuck roast (pot roast) and toss it in the crockpot, add about 3/4 a cup of water, and sprinkle a dry onion soup mix over the meat. Turn it on low for 10 hours. When I get home I core and slice up some cabbage into long shreds, kind of like noodle length and saute the cabbage in olive oil until tender, frequently covered. I season the cabbage to my taste usually with kosher salt and some Liquid Smoke. Take the meat out of the pot and add the juices from the crockpot to a saucepan. I add a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken and Mushroom soup to the pan juices, add a can of mushrooms, and heat up until smooth. Cut up the meat, lay it on top of the cabbage, and top with gravy. I was thinking about adding some sour cream to this to make it more like a stroganoff, but haven't done that yet.

By the way, the Campbells soup has 7g of total carbs per serving with 4g of fiber. So 3 net carbs per serving and 2.5 servings per can. I use about a 3.5-4 pound roast, so you're eating less that a "serving" of the Campbells carbs.
atcgirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FreeingMyself
Stats: 270/167/130-DX with UC
WOE: VLC to heal UC
Start Date: July 2011
I made ham and cauliflower soup...it was so good my DS AND DH loved it.

I just used chicken broth as a base and then threw in a whole ham slice cubed and a couple bags of frozen cauliflower. I added some garlic and onion for flavor and let it cook for 8-10 hours it was so good!!
FreeingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skinhealth
Stats: sz 16/sz 8/sz 6; 5'8, med. frame
WOE: lo carb/WAPF/whole foods/SOLE/listening to my body
Start Date: back again after gaining 10 lbs since Thanksgiving
I'm actually very excited about a new crock pot recipe but I don't think it's something you cook all day.

My cousin made this for Christmas every year and I was so excited to find the organic/low-carb version.

It's like Little Smokies and BBQ sauce but instead I found little weiners at Whole Foods and will use the Suzanne Somers BBQ sauce.

I believe you let it cook for an hour or 2, maybe slightly longer but it's sooooo good. I wish I could say that I've tried this one already but I'm fairly certain it'll be just as good.

Just combine BBQ sauce and little weiners.
skinhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
I season a whole chicken (my favorite seasoning is Ono Hawaiian salt) place in the crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Sometimes after I take it out of the crockpot I will put it under the broiler to crisp up the skin.
JoSkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I love fake saltimbocca. I split chicken breasts lengthwise, roll each with a folded ham slice and 2-3 sage leave.Stick a toothpick through it to hold. Brown in a pan. Throw in a crock pot with broth and vermouth. When it's cooked, I take the drippings, put them in a skillet with cream and 8 oz of cheese--I've been using monterey jack.Melt together to make a sauce. Just delicious.I got the idea from one of my cookbooks, but I had to change it to make it work in the crockpot.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tink81
WOE: atkins
I take a pork roast, some onions, can of mushrooms, 2 cans of cream of chicken and mushroom soup and let it cook all day. By the end of the day it is so good and it just falls off the bone. We feed it to the whole family and they love it even though they are not lc-ing.

Also take either a pork or beef roast some green chilies and some onion let it cook all day and you have burrito meat at teh end of the day.
tink81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brownie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeingMyself View Post
I made ham and cauliflower soup...it was so good my DS AND DH loved it.

I just used chicken broth as a base and then threw in a whole ham slice cubed and a couple bags of frozen cauliflower. I added some garlic and onion for flavor and let it cook for 8-10 hours it was so good!!
Thanks for this recipe, I made this soup last week and DH and I love it. It is delicious, tastes alot like bean soup.

Today I am making one like this using cauliflower, cubed up chicken and turkey bacon. It has been in the crockpot for a few hours and it smells wonderful. I'll post how it turns out.
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote