Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: solarpluvia
Stats: 220/169/140 5'5" 37yo
WOE: HFLC
Start Date: 3 July 2011
I'm about to go make that bread pudding for dinner. It just sounds so good today. I've been wanting a cinnamon roll for months and am too lazy to attempt baking LC ones myself.
solarpluvia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
OH MY. Dana Carpender made COOKIES.

Cocoa-Peanut Porkies
1 package Nevada Manna Sugar Free Chocolate Chips, or 8 ounces sugar-free semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
5 ounce bag plain pork rinds
Put your chocolate and peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl, and stick ‘em in your microwave. Nuke for a minute on high.
In the meanwhile, coat a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, or line it with wax paper (my preference.)
When the microwave beeps, stir up the chocolate and peanut butter, and stick them back in for another minute on high.
Poke a hole in your bag of rinds to let the air out, and smash ‘em all over with your fists. You want to break them up into small chunks. Dump your smashed rinds into a big mixing bowl.
Your microwave beeped again! Pull out your chocolate and peanut butter, make sure they’re melted and thoroughly stirred together, then dump the mixture over your smashed rinds, using a rubber scraper to make sure you get all the chocolate/peanut mixture. Stir the whole thing up till your rinds are coated evenly, dump the mixture in your prepared pan, and press it out into an even layer. Stick the whole thing in the fridge, and chill for an hour or two. Then cut into bars.
You can transfer these to a cookie tin if you like, or just leave them in the pan in the fridge. Either way, keep them refrigerated, unless your house is a lot cooler than mine!
I cut mine in 24 bars; each has: 113 Calories; 7g Fat; 5g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1 g usable carb.

Re-starting Meat and Egg Fast :1/13/14

Size:18/20* 14/16* 10/ 11/12 * 9/10 * 8/9* 7/8
I have no idea what I weigh.

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try."
Alexander the Great
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post
OH MY. Dana Carpender made COOKIES.

Cocoa-Peanut Porkies
1 package Nevada Manna Sugar Free Chocolate Chips, or 8 ounces sugar-free semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
5 ounce bag plain pork rinds
Put your chocolate and peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl, and stick ‘em in your microwave. Nuke for a minute on high.
In the meanwhile, coat a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, or line it with wax paper (my preference.)
When the microwave beeps, stir up the chocolate and peanut butter, and stick them back in for another minute on high.
Poke a hole in your bag of rinds to let the air out, and smash ‘em all over with your fists. You want to break them up into small chunks. Dump your smashed rinds into a big mixing bowl.
Your microwave beeped again! Pull out your chocolate and peanut butter, make sure they’re melted and thoroughly stirred together, then dump the mixture over your smashed rinds, using a rubber scraper to make sure you get all the chocolate/peanut mixture. Stir the whole thing up till your rinds are coated evenly, dump the mixture in your prepared pan, and press it out into an even layer. Stick the whole thing in the fridge, and chill for an hour or two. Then cut into bars.
You can transfer these to a cookie tin if you like, or just leave them in the pan in the fridge. Either way, keep them refrigerated, unless your house is a lot cooler than mine!
I cut mine in 24 bars; each has: 113 Calories; 7g Fat; 5g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1 g usable carb.
Yum!
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: darkdiva
french toast

I've been reading the forums for a while now without signing up, but I just tried the french toast made with pork rinds and it is delicious! I saw the spice cake recipe, too. Curious--is there a chocolate cake recipe anywhere? I'm so happy right now I could burst--made pork rind coated chicken for dinner with a spinach salad, and had french toast for a dessert. So, so, so worth it!
darkdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I'm really glad you bumped this up. I just crusted some Flounder for dinner. It was so yummy.

There is a couple I would like to try again.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdiva View Post
I've been reading the forums for a while now without signing up, but I just tried the french toast made with pork rinds and it is delicious! I saw the spice cake recipe, too. Curious--is there a chocolate cake recipe anywhere? I'm so happy right now I could burst--made pork rind coated chicken for dinner with a spinach salad, and had french toast for a dessert. So, so, so worth it!
Start with the Cinnamon Cake recipe, then make these changes:

7 egg whites, room temperature
2 cups of pork rind flour***
2 1/4 cups Splenda or 6 tablespoons Sweetbalance (use more or less to
adjust to personal tastes) (use a blend that will sweeten chocolate- such as erythritol, stevia)
1/2 cup cinnamon (use unsweetened cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (use vanilla)
1 tablespoon cinnamon extract (omit- or use just a little instant coffee- maybe 1/2- 1 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup soured, scalded, heavy whipping cream (33-35% milk fat)
3/4 cup boiling water
4 egg yolks

Go back to Post #8 to see the mixing/ baking instructions.

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it by the book...
It's not a stall when you're cheating!
If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as any other. (Yiddish Proverb)
~Proud to be a Famous Banta Babe~
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Bumping since a few of these have become a staple for me.

My contribution...

Cinnamon toast crunchh "cereal"

1tbsp hwc
1/4 c. water
A couple drops of splenda
A splash of vanilla or caramel syrup
Cinnamon to taste ( i use 3-4 good shakes)
Pork rinds,broken, to fill cereal bowl
Mix first 5 ingredients..then add pork rinds and toss til well coated..eat immediately because the rinds will get mushy pretty quickly

Wish i could remember where i got the recipe from!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Any new ideas for pork rinds?? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Willgirl
Stats: 330/263/195
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 2014
This thread is super old but I searched pork rind recipes and I have to say that I made the pork rind French toast and it was AMAZING. I wish I had had the eggnog extract but I couldn't get it so I used maple extract and it worked well. What a great low carb breakfast for a change of pace. And I like that it doesn't require any kind of flour...even the low carb kind. It feels like a non cheat cheat!
Willgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jakelilydad
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: Feb 2012
I agree the French Toast is amazing (and I've only ever used vanilla); I can't wait to try it as waffles. Also thinking it may be good baked in a muffin top pan then cut in half for a sandwich. Or baked in a doughnut pan and served with cream cheese like a bagel?
Jakelilydad is offline   Reply With Quote