Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cablegriz
Stats: 218/178/200/140
WOE: LC, Insulin Resistant on Metformin HCL 2000mg
Start Date: April 23, 2010 a restart for my health
Looking for Single Pumpkin Cream Cheese Custard

ugh. Someone had a post of a single serving pumpkin custard made with cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, in a custard up or mug. I scoured the posts and I can't find it. It was just added into one of the forums. Was it Delia? Any help. It was good!

Or anyone have a recipe for a single pumpkin pie like dessert with simple ingredients?
Thanks in advance!
Bethy
Cablegriz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
I use SugarFreeSheila's recipe and tweak, adding pumpkin pie spice to taste and usually doubling for more than 1 serving. (I also like it better after letting it sit in the fridge)

Sheila's Mock Pumpkin Cheesecake
Induction-friendly! (8 total net carbs for entire recipe)

3-oz cubed cream cheese
˝ cup canned pumpkin
1 packet Splenda
(I add pumpkin spice to taste to this for more "pumpkin pie"-like flavor)

Melt above ingredients together for 30
seconds in the microwave for a fantastic, quick
pumpkin cheesecake "substitute."

Place in fridge until chilled if desired. Delicious topped with whipped cream too!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Angie
thank you thank you thank you!!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
You're welcome (not exactly the custard thingy, but it is good!)
pixiegirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mule_Freak
Stats: 145/125-130/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Oct. 2003
I can't believe this, I was going to ask the same question (basically) about a single serve cheesecake, but I want mine baked in the over, not in the micro. I can't make a whole cheesecake because I would eat it all in one sitting, purge it up. So whole desserts are pretty much a no no in my house. I hope you don't mind me asking about a single serv. baked cheesecake in your thread, just did not want to start another similar thread. Please don't don't be upset w/me, Thanks
Mule_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule_Freak View Post
I can't believe this, I was going to ask the same question (basically) about a single serve cheesecake, but I want mine baked in the over, not in the micro. I can't make a whole cheesecake because I would eat it all in one sitting, purge it up. So whole desserts are pretty much a no no in my house. I hope you don't mind me asking about a single serv. baked cheesecake in your thread, just did not want to start another similar thread. Please don't don't be upset w/me, Thanks
Sherri, are you kidding! I would want info on that too!! LOL I would like to find more single serve dessert ideas, too. Pumpkin just was in my taste buds today!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mule_Freak
Stats: 145/125-130/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Oct. 2003
Thanks Bethy, your a doll
now if we could just get some single serve recipes that would be "SWEET" no pun intended. I tried google/yahoo searching "cheesecake recipes for one" nothing, "single serve cheesecake recipe" nothing, I am at a lose. I am sure there is a way to do this. Oh please if anyone knows, please let us know, I am dying for a pc. of dense baked cheesecake, have all the ingredents, just don't know how much of this and that, guess I will expermint tonite. I figure the challenge will be the egg, 1/2 an egg with 2 oz of cream cheese maybe? I'm such not the cook

In Loving memory of my "Queen of England"
Irene J. Jackson miss you Mum

I my Scottish Terrier Quinn
From the land of Heather

Be a Voice for the Voiceless
Say NO to animal abuse!!!
Mule_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I just made a single-serve pumpkin custard - because I made a batch of pumpkin muffins and had about 1/2 a cup of pumpkin left! I added 1 egg, a fat pinch of cinnamon and a little allspice, sweetener to taste (and yes I DO taste stuff before I cook it! LOL!) and then enough heavy cream to pretty well fill up my 1 cup glass dish. Mixed it all well and nuked on Med. Low power. In my 700W oven took about 10 minutes total, you want it JUST set around the edges with a little "jiggle in the middle" still. Let it stand on the countertop for another 10 minutes, then refrigerate.

It's so good, like an individual pumpkin pie without the crust!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
Gadget Gal

Sherrie, why not do the cheese muffins recipe, just halve or quarter it? That way you'd not end up with too much!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
I just made a single-serve pumpkin custard - because I made a batch of pumpkin muffins and had about 1/2 a cup of pumpkin left! I added 1 egg, a fat pinch of cinnamon and a little allspice, sweetener to taste (and yes I DO taste stuff before I cook it! LOL!) and then enough heavy cream to pretty well fill up my 1 cup glass dish. Mixed it all well and nuked on Med. Low power. In my 700W oven took about 10 minutes total, you want it JUST set around the edges with a little "jiggle in the middle" still. Let it stand on the countertop for another 10 minutes, then refrigerate.

OMG this sounds good!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennywren
Well...I have a little something that might be like what you're thinking about, altho I don't really have a written-down recipe. I can kinda give you a run-thru, and you can make it suit your own tastes. I make mine as dessert/snack, in the microwave--using a Corningware Grab-it. Have used other bowls--this one makes a softer/creamier consistency most easily. But you can use others if you don't have a grab-it. Just watch it very carefully, as they each cook a little hotter, or slower.

And, I'm quite sure that it'll work just great to bake in a regular oven...I believe I'd set the individual dishes into a pan with an inch or so of water to bake. Either way you choose to cook it, gradual cooking makes this turn out creamier. If you would nuke it on Hi, it gives a poor texture--more solid, more "chewy"?

I start with one egg, and beat it with a fork until mixed up pretty well. Then I add about 2-4 Tbsp canned pumpkin, and a pinch from a Splenda quick-pack, and beat it well with the fork again. Next, use approx. 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, couple shakes ground cloves, and a pinch ground ginger. Beat with the fork again to mix into egg-pumpkin mixture. Then, I add a Tbsp or so of cream, and stir in enough Splenda SF syrup (I like Hazelnut flavor because it adds flavor IMHO) until mixture has about the same consistency of runnyness as what you'd use to make a pumpkin pie. I've found that I really like it better if it's slightly more "liquidy", as it finishes up to be more custard-like that way. If it's less runny, it ends up alot more solid and I don't care for that consistency, (altho it doesn't change the taste until it gets "over-cooked" to the Max! ) Lastly, taste it to be sure it's sweet/spicy enough for your own tastebuds...add if you need more.

I bake it right in the dish I stirred it up in, and cover with saran with a hole poked thru top. I use a 2 or 3-setting (needs to be very gradual cooking) on my stronger microwave, and start it off. I interrupt it and just have a look to see how it's coming at about 1 min...stir slightly with spoon to see how it's thickening up. You'll see some thickening in it, and some around the outside of the dish cooks first, and I usually try to move that into center of the bowl, and put it back in for another 30 sec or so each time. I continue in this manner until it seems nearly the consistency of custard or pudding. Then I set it out onto counter to cool. Then top with a little whipped cream and a few chopped pecans to serve. I have only made singles, and eaten it slightly warm, but it could be chilled if you want. Would be a great brekkie.

It might take a couple of times for you to get the right spice, right feel to the consistency...I think it probably will be easier in the oven with just baking like regular. But in the micro, I don't know how else to cook it gently, and catch it just at the right time, other than to watch it this way. It probably takes mine about 2 1/2 to 3 min. total time, or maybe slightly more.

Don't be afraid to try this please? I have limited powers of explanation, I'm sure--I don't mean to make it sound scary, cuz it still has a great taste, even if you decide you're gonna stop it sooner nexttime. I've had a couple that I poured a little cream over, and ate it like pumpkin-cake! Still not bad.....just not custard!

HTH, hope to hear that it hit the spot!!
Jenn

ETA: sorry this got to be so looooong! Longer than it takes to make this thing...lol

Last edited by Jennywren; 10-24-2007 at 12:17 PM..
Jennywren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Jenn,
Not too long LOL I'd rather it be more in depth, so I can figure out what I'm doing and go by people's experiences! Sounds good.
Thanks!
Bethy
Old 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #13
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: farley109
Stats: 174/165/145 5'5 39 yrs
WOE: all of the above...mainly 20 carbs or less per day
Start Date: October 4, 2004 And Again 1/8/06 and again 9/10/07
So How legal is pumpkin??? I'm in the mood too, and I've read the post, and I'm craving it BAD!!! I can tweak anything, just scared pumkin will set off my cravings. So how legal is it???
farley109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
Gadget Gal

Pumpkin is actually on the "other allowed vegetables" on the induction list of permitted foods!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: clyde
Stats: 167/118/110 Height 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 12/07/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post

This sounds yummy Char!!!

Is your pumpkin muffin recipe already posted??? Could you point me if it is? I've been doing Stillman's for a week and I've got to have me something sweet soon!!!
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #16
Gadget Gal

Clyde, they're in this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...s-who-has.html

I don't use the polydextrose any more, it's just too upsetting to my tummy! I use 2 tablespoons of Cake-a-Bility instead but it's probably not ESSENTIAL.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suewelch
Stats: 140/136/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Apr 2004
Pumpkin apple butter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl01 View Post
I use SugarFreeSheila's recipe and tweak, adding pumpkin pie spice to taste and usually doubling for more than 1 serving. (I also like it better after letting it sit in the fridge)

Sheila's Mock Pumpkin Cheesecake
Induction-friendly! (8 total net carbs for entire recipe)

3-oz cubed cream cheese
˝ cup canned pumpkin
1 packet Splenda
(I add pumpkin spice to taste to this for more "pumpkin pie"-like flavor)

Melt above ingredients together for 30
seconds in the microwave for a fantastic, quick
pumpkin cheesecake "substitute."

Place in fridge until chilled if desired. Delicious topped with whipped cream too!
Oohhh, Heaven!!! I love love love apple butter, but just too many carbs. I did buy a jar of pumpkin butter with 8 carbs per Tbsp, a bit too many. I just now made this recipe, but instead of the pumpkin spice, I added some SF Apple Cider Mix. Then mixed the pumpkin butter with this recipe half and half - YUMMMMM! Tastes like apple butter!!! With a side taste of pumpkin, of course. I'm happy now!
suewelch is offline   Reply With Quote