Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #1

Gallery: Shae
I would LOVE some good lc "asian" style dishes!

A while back I had some thai chicken at Panda Express that I adored, but I'm sure it probably had some sugar/other junk in it. It had a mild cilantro kick which made it unique.

Anyway, I got to thinking "Why can't we have lc versions of dishes like this?!"

I'd love some lc "asian" recipes!

TIA!
Shae is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricket4t
Stats: 285/200/160
WOE: Started with Atkins/Swithched to Caveman-Type
Start Date: May 3, 2007
This is a quick/easy Sesame Chicken sort of tasting dish without the breading. I really love this recipe but I usually kick up the sweetness with a little Splenda and the heat with a little pepper paste.

Also if you use Dreamfields Spaghetti you can use this same sauce and toss in some stir-fried veggies and you have some pretty good Lo Mien.

Asian Chicken

4 LBS Boneless, skinless chicken thighs-0
1-2 Tbs. veg oil-0
1 cup SF DV vanilla syrup-0
1/3 cup soy sauce (use a good quality 0 carb sauce)-0
4 Tbs. LC catchup-4
1-1/2 Tbs. Vinegar-1.5
1 clove Garlic finely chopped-1
1/2 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (the kind you put on pizza)-.5
1/4 Tsp. Ground Ginger-.3
1 tablespoon Sesame seeds

Guar gum or Xanthan gum-0

Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over med. high heat add chicken cook until lightly browned. (6-7 min) Set aside. Combine remaining ingredients (except the gum) in a bowl and mix well, pour over chicken and return to heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and cover, simmer for 20 minutes.

Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of one of the gums over the chicken and cook and stir until sauce is thickened and it glazes over chicken.

7.3 carbs for the whole chicken recipe.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002

KUNG PAO CHICKEN
1 pound boneless chicken thighs, in 1" cubes
1 tablespoon dry white wine
2 teaspoons soy sauce

3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
3 tablespoons oil, divided

1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

3/4 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/8-1/4 teaspoon sambal oelek, optional

1 red bell pepper, chopped in 1/2" pieces
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
3 green onions, sliced thin

Marinate the chicken with the wine and soy sauce about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the garlic, ginger and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl; set aside. Combine the peanuts and chili flakes in a small bowl. In a measuring cup, mix the broth, vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and sambal oelek, if using.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add the chicken and cook without stirring 2 minutes to brown one side; stir and cook 1 1/2-2 minutes longer until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the peanuts and chili flakes. Cook until the peanuts begin to darken slightly, 30-40 seconds. Remove the chicken and peanuts from the skillet.

Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the skillet. Cook the red bell pepper until slightly softened about 45 seconds. Push the peppers to the sides of the skillet; add the garlic and ginger mixture and cook 10-15 seconds until fragrant. Mix with the peppers. Return the chicken and peanuts to the skillet. Lightly sprinkle with the xanthan gum then quickly mix in. Add the sauce mixture and cook until thickened. Stir in the green onions.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 259 Calories; 21g Fat; 12g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #4

STIR-FRIED BASIL CHICKEN
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons green Thai curry paste
2 teaspoons granular Splenda
1 3/4 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips, 3 large breasts
2 tablespoons oil
3 green onions, roughly chopped
3 garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
6 cups bok choy, chopped, about 16 ounces or one bunch
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, sliced thin, 1/3 ounce container

Mix first 4 ingredients in zipper bag; add chicken and marinate 30 minutes. Heat oil in wok on high heat. Stir-fry onions, garlic and red pepper about 30 seconds. Add chicken and marinade to wok and stir-fry 4 minutes or until chicken is not quite cooked through. Add the bok choy and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the surface of the meat and bok choy, avoiding the liquid in the bottom of the wok; mix in well and cook until sauce has thickened. Stir in the basil and heat through.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 314 Calories; 10g Fat; 49g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net
Old 10-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #5

SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN
3 boneless chicken breasts
Salt, pepper and garlic powder
1 tablespoon oil
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, coarsely chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
1 medium carrot, sliced on the bias, 2 ounces
1 clove garlic, minced

SAUCE:
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
2/3 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or a pinch of freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons low carb Ketchup
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon rice wine or dry white wine
2 tablespoon Da Vinci sugar free syrup, pineapple flavor
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum

To prepare the sauce, mix all ingredients together except xanthan gum in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lightly sprinkle xanthan gum a little at a time over surface and briskly whisk in until sauce thickens; set aside. You can make the sauce up to several days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.

Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Grill or pan fry the chicken until just barely done; cut into bite-size pieces and set aside. Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the peppers, onion, carrot and garlic until the peppers and carrot are almost crisp-tender. Add sauce to the wok. Cook until bubbly. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through. Serve over chopped iceberg lettuce, if desired.

Makes 5 servings

SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN - QUICKER METHOD
2-3 cups diced cooked chicken, white or dark meat
1 tablespoon oil
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
1 medium carrot, sliced on the bias, 2 ounces
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum

SAUCE:
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons low carb Ketchup
2 tablespoon soy sauce

To prepare the sauce, whisk all of the ingredients in a 2-cup measuring cup; set aside.

Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the peppers, onion, carrot and garlic until the peppers and carrot are almost crisp-tender. Lightly sprinkle the xanthan gum over the surface of the vegetables then quickly stir in well. Toss in the chicken. Give the sauce a quick stir then pour it into the wok. Bring the sauce to a boil; cook and stir until it thickens and the vegetables have finished cooking. Serve over chopped iceberg lettuce, if desired.

Makes 5 servings

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 159 Calories; 4g Fat; 18g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 10g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 146 Calories; 4g Fat; 18g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs
Old 10-21-2007, 02:52 PM   #6

THAI PEANUT CHICKEN CURRY
2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenders, cut into thin strips *
1 bunch broccoli, about 1 pound
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste **
1 teaspoon chili paste ***
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
13.5 ounce can coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
2 tablespoons granular Splenda, or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum, if needed
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
4 green onions, slice on the bias

Cut the broccoli into florets. Discard the stalks or use in another recipe. Place the florets in a microwaveable casserole and add 1 tablespoon water. Cover and microwave 2-3 minutes on high until crisp-tender and bright green; drain and set aside.

Put the oil, curry paste and sambal in a large wok. In a medium bowl, gradually whisk the coconut milk into the peanut butter until well blended. Whisk in the fish sauce and Splenda; set aside. Have all the other ingredients prepped and handy near the stove.

Turn the stove on medium heat; cook and stir the curry paste about a minute until fragrant. Add the garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook and stir until the chicken is no longer translucent but not completely cooked. Add the peanut butter mixture and bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes stirring occasionally. If you'd like a thicker sauce, add the xanthan gum at this point. Cook about a minute then stir in the lime juice and broccoli. Cook until the broccoli is heated. Season with a little salt, if needed. Top with green onions to serve.

Makes 6 servings

* I used a 3 pound bag of chicken tenders and ended up with about 2 1/2 pounds after draining off the ice crystals and trimming the chicken pieces.

** Use 1 tablespoon if you don't like really spicy food. Use 3 tablespoons if you like it nice and hot.

*** Also called sambal oelek.

Per Serving: 424 Calories; 21g Fat; 49g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Old 10-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #7

SPICY PEPPER BEEF
Marinade:
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 pounds top sirloin steak, sliced thinly across the grain
3 tablespoons oil, divided
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 green bell peppers, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 medium onion, sliced thin, 4 ounces
1 teaspoon granular Splenda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum, optional

Put the sliced beef in a zipper bag and add the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.

Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir 5 seconds. Add the beef and marinade. Stir-fry just until the meat is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the beef and keep warm. Add the peppers and onions to the pan with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Cook until tender-crisp, 1-2 minutes. Return the beef to the pan; stir in the Splenda, salt, pepper and sesame oil. If you would like to thicken the sauce, push the meat and peppers to one side of the pan. Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the meat. Quickly stir it in and toss everything together. The sauce should thicken by serving time without further cooking.

Makes about 6 servings

Per Serving: 300 Calories; 16g Fat; 32g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Old 10-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #8

STIR-FRIED BEEF & PEPPERS
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound top sirloin steak, sliced very thin against the grain
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 small onion, sliced thin, 2 1/2 ounces
1 small yellow bell pepper, julienned, about 3 1/2 ounces
1 small red bell pepper, julienned, about 3 1/2 ounces
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, optional
4 ounces raw baby spinach, about 8 cups loosely packed

In wok or large skillet, heat the oil. Stir-fry the beef, garlic and ginger over high heat just until the steak is partially browned and some pink remains, maybe 30 seconds to a minute. Add the onions and peppers; stir-fry until tender-crisp about 1 minute or so. Stir in the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the meat and vegetables then stir in well. Cook very briefly just until the sauce thickens and coats everything. Serve over the raw spinach. It will look like a lot of spinach per serving but it wilts down as the hot beef mixture sits on it. There was just the right amount to get a bite of spinach with each forkful of the beef and peppers.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 203 Calories; 8g Fat; 25g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Old 10-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #9

ORANGE PORK WITH PEPPERS
2 tablespoons oil
1 small onion, slivered, 2 1/2 ounces
2 medium carrots, julienned, 5 3/4 ounces
1 pound leftover roast pork, julienned
4 small bell peppers, julienned *
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
Sauce (see recipe below)

Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots; stir-fry just until the carrots start to lose a little of their crunch. Add the pork and peppers. Stir-fry until the pork is heated through and the peppers are tender-crisp. Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the meat and vegetables; mix well. Pour in the sauce mixture and cook until thickened.

Makes 4 servings

* I used one each green, red, yellow and orange or about 11 ounces pepper strips.

SAUCE:
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh orange juice, you'll need 2 small oranges
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon Polaner minced jalapeños, optional

Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup.

With Carrots:
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 330 Calories; 14g Fat; 33g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3.5g Dietary Fiber; 14.5g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 322 Calories; 14g Fat; 33g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3.5g Dietary Fiber; 12.5g Net Carbs

Without Carrots:
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 314 Calories; 14g Fat; 33g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 12g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 306 Calories; 14g Fat; 33g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 10g Net Carbs
Old 10-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #10

SWEET & SOUR PORK STIR FRY
2 tablespoons oil
1 small carrot, thinly sliced diagonally, 1 3/4 ounces
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 1/2-2 pounds leftover cooked pork loin roast, cut into 1" cubes *
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum

SAUCE:
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons Better "Heinz" Ketchup
2 tablespoon soy sauce

To prepare the sauce, whisk all of the sauce ingredients in a 2-cup measuring cup; set aside.

Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the carrots and onion until the carrots are almost crisp-tender. Add the garlic, peppers and pork. Stir-fry for a couple minutes until the peppers lose some of their crunch and the pork is heated through. Lightly sprinkle the xanthan gum over the surface then quickly stir in well. Give the sauce a quick stir then pour it into the wok. Bring the sauce to a boil; cook and stir just until it thickens slightly. Much more cooking at this point will result in soggy vegetables. Serve over chopped iceberg lettuce, if desired.

Makes 6 servings

* About half to two thirds of a cooked pork loin roast.

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 279 Calories; 11g Fat; 32g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 8g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 268 Calories; 11g Fat; 32g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Old 10-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #11

CARLA'S THAI BEEF SKILLET
1 pound lean ground beef
2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
2 tablespoons fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
8 romaine lettuce leaves

Brown the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet or wok; drain the grease. Add the peppers, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium-high heat about 4 minutes or until the peppers have softened slightly.

Meanwhile, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and cilantro. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the peanut butter mixture to the skillet; mix well. Serve the meat mixture rolled up in the lettuce leaves or over chopped lettuce.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 404 Calories; 29g Fat; 26g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs
Old 10-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #12

Gallery: Shae
Wow!!!!

Thanks LindaSue!!!!

I don't know which to try first, they all look so good!

Shae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:34 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patt3
Stats: 173/153/150
WOE: /low carb
And thanks from me too! I will try some of these. I like hot and spicy, so will adjust for that! Thanks for sharing!
Patt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #14
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
We love this:

General Tso's Chicken

4 LBS Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1" cubes-0
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 clove crushed garlic
2 cups crushed spicy pork rinds
4 Tbs. coconut or light olive oil-0
1/2 cup SF DV "orange or" vanilla syrup-0
1/2 cup sake or water
1/3 cup soy sauce (use a good quality 0 carb sauce)-0
4 Tbs. LC ketchup-4
1-1/2 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar-1.5
1 clove Garlic finely chopped-1
1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (the kind you put on pizza)-.5 (more if you like it spicy, I used about a tablespoon!)
1 Tbs. chile garlic paste (optional)
1 Tsp. jarred minced Ginger-.3
1/3 cup polydextrose OR

Guar gum or Xanthan gum-0

1/3 cup sliced green onion

Combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp. sesame oil, and 1 clove crushed garlic in a ziploc bag. Add chicken breast cubes; "massage" to evenly coat all pieces, then let marinate 30 minutes, turning once or twice.

In batches, shake drained chicken pieces in a ziploc bag with the crushed pork rinds. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over med. high heat; add chicken in batches (mine took 4 batches) and cook until lightly browned, turning over half way through (6-7 min total). Drain on paper towels, set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients (except the gum if using) in a bowl and mix well, (if using polydextrose, heat in microwave to dissolve it into the sauce); return chicken to pan, pour sauce over chicken and return to heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced, and glazes chicken, about 10 minutes or so. About 5 minutes into cooking, add 1/4 cup sliced green onions.

If you did NOT use polydextrose -sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of one of the gums over the chicken and cook and stir until sauce is thickened and it glazes over chicken.

Garnish with remaining sliced green onion.

Makes 4 servings for hungry people!

I served with steamed broccoli, and added a bit of soy sauce and sesame oil and ginger to it also, shook it up well to coat.

This dish is a little labor-intensive but it is OH so good - even better the next day!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Low Carb Noodles with Peanut Sauce

Low Carb Noodles with Peanut Sauce

I rinse them well and found soaking them in some cream with some cold water awhile works wonders. I cut them up too with kitchen shears. Stir fry some *veggies and the sauce I use (from my friend Anne) is

1 TBS Peanut butter
1 TBS Splenda
1 TBS s/f rice vinegar
1 TBS soy sauce

It tastes just like Chinese take out to me.
in at last minute to thicken. Dump the noodles is last.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #16

Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Chinese CrockPot Chicken and Barbecue Chinese Hoisin Chicken
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...sin-sauce.html

Stir Fry Beef and Vegetables with Pasta
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ml#post8414549
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #17
Cake Lover

Gallery: chefchick66
Stats: 14/6-8/Solid 6
WOE: Eating to Run and Running to EAT!
Start Date: August 2002

Thai Coconut Chicken

1-14 oz can of Coconut Milk
6 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
4 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
4 teaspoons of Chili Garlic Paste
3 Drops of Liquid Splenda (can use packets)
3 Tablespoons Dark Sesame Oil
3 Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
Chunk of Fresh Ginger-to taste, minced
3 Green Onions, sliced
1 Large Red Pepper, cut into smallish pieces
2 Zucchini, cut into smallish pieces
Handful of Sliced Mushrooms
Couple of Handfulls of Fresh Spinach, chopped

1. Whisk together the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, chil garlic paste, and Liquid Splenda until smooth...set aside.
2. Saute chicken in sesame oil for a few minutes. Add the garlic and ginger...cook until just about done.
3. Add the green onion, red pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms...cook about 10 minutes.
4. Add the sauce, bring to boil, cook for a couple of minutes stirring often.
5. Add the spinach and continue cooking for about a minute.
6. You can serve this over rice but I just eat it out of a bowl with a spoon to get every bit of that yummy sauce...oh...a garnish of fresh basil, if you have it, is nice on top

AKA Evil Enabler and ThreadJacker Extraordinaire!

chefchick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #18
Cake Lover

Gallery: chefchick66
Stats: 14/6-8/Solid 6
WOE: Eating to Run and Running to EAT!
Start Date: August 2002
This is another GREAT Asian inspired recipe:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...en-recipe.html
chefchick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #19
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
BOY, these sure all made my mouth water!

Uh, BTW, the gibberish in MY recipe should say "orange or vanilla" - don't know WHAT happened there, since I copied and pasted! LOL!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's one in my archives. Don't know who to credit for this??

Low Carb Sesame Noodles with Pork
6 Servings
1 lb ground pork meat, browned, set aside
1/4 cup sesame seeds, roasted
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (optional)
1/4 cup & 1 tbs. soy sauce
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
1 Teaspoon hot sauce
2 Tablespoons Splenda
2 Bags Shirataki thin noodles, well drained & rinsed
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
4 green onions, thinly sliced

1. Toast sesame seeds over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1-tablespoon sesame seeds in a small bowl. In blender or food processor, puree remaining 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, peanut butter, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce and Splenda until smooth, about 30 seconds. With machine running, add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until sauce has consistency of heavy cream, about 5 tablespoons, set blender aside.

2. In large bowl, toss noodles with sesame oil until evenly coated.

3. Add pork, sliced onions, and sauce to noodles. Toss to combine. Divide among individual bowls, sprinkle each bowl with a portion of reserved sesame seeds and serve.

If you're vegetarian, replace meat with a sliced medium red bell pepper and a medium cucumber. Actually those veggies would be
a good addition to the meal in any case.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just one more from me

Low Carb Oriental Green Beans TNT
From Barbo

8 oz. frozen small green beans
(these are from Trader Joe's)
May use fresh if they are thin enough.
2 tbs. oil (less if need be)
couple drops sesame is good too
1 tsp. mashed or minced garlic
1/4 c. thinly sliced onion
Two tbs. thin carrot strips
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
1/4 tsp. pepper
Vietnamese hot sauce, few drops

Serves 2 @ 5 grams carb.
Heat oil in skillet. When really hot throw
in the frozen beans and toss in oil over
and over, add garlic, onion carrot, keep
tossing. Lastly, add soy, one half pkt.
Sugar sub. and the seasonings.

This recipe is from a Chinese kitchen in our
area. We loved these and I tried to copy
the recipe here at home and it's just as good
without all that sugar.

Good with any meat dish
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: luvslipstick
WOE: something
Yum ...these look really good...looks like I'll be having some sort of Chinese this week
luvslipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jigglenomore
Stats: Mac Truck/Small SUV/Mini-Cooper
WOE: Atkins/South Beach/Low Glycemic/Voodoo
Bumping in case anyone else has some great oriental dishes they'd like to share!?

Thanks,

Elaine
jigglenomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MNLisaB
Stats: 222/155/140??
WOE: low carb, portion control
Start Date: 9/1/06
Chicken and Shrimp Pho

10 cups chicken broth
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 1/4 ounce fresh ginger, sliced into 4 half inch pieces
2 TBS fish sauce
3 garlic cloves, cut in halves
2 star anise
10 whole cloves
6 baby carrots, sliced in thirds
1 whole chicken breast, trimmed and cut in half
1/2 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned
3 ounces fresh bean sprouts
2 bags shirataki noodles
3 green onions, sliced
GARNISHES
1/2 cilantro leaves
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
lime wedges
chopped peanuts

Combine chicken broth, onion slices, fish sauce, baby carrots and chicken in soup pot, bring to a simmer.

In a tea infuser or cheesecloth, place garlic, whole cloves, ginger, and star anise, place back in simmering pot.

Simmer pot for about 30 minutes, then remove chicken. Cut into cubes, then put back in pot.

Remove the tea infuser, discard contents. Add bean sprouts, green onion and shrimp to the soup, simmer for additional five minutes.

Prepare shirataki noodles: open bags, place in colander, run hot water over them for about 2-3 minutes, drain. I like to snip mine with scissors so they are easier to manage. Place drained noodles in a separate serving bowl.

Ladle soup into tureen or separate bowls- serve with garnishes- lime wedges, mint and cilantro leaves and chopped peanuts.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lioness0455
Stats: 256.5/170/125
Start Date: 1/3/07
Authentic Beef and Broccoli

Marinade:
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Splenda
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Not-Sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp water

1 pound shaved beef

2 stalks broccoli cut into pieces (1 pound)
1/2 sliced onion
1 tbsp peanut oil
1/2 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/3 cup water
1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh gingerroot

Seasoning Sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp Splenda
1 tbsp Not-Starch
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup water

2 tbsp peanut oil

Combine marinade ingredients and pour over shaved beef. To shave beef,
either partially freeze or partially thaw beef, then cut as thinly as possible into bite-sized slices. Mix well, and marinate for at least 4 hours.

In a large cast iron frying pan (or wok) heat 1 tbsp peanut oil until very hot. Add vegetables and stir to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp Splenda to help broccoli retain its color, and seasoning salt. Stir-fry until vegetables are good and coated with the oil. Add water, cover, and steam for several minutes, until crisp-tender, stirring now and then. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to a platter and spread out into one layer so broccoli doesn’t sit on top of each other to prevent over cooking. Drain off any water left in the pan and wipe dry with a paper towel.

Mince garlic and gingerroot. Also make Seasoning Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine oyster sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp Splenda, Not-Starch, sesame oil, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; simmer and stir until thickened. Keep warm.

In the frying pan or wok heat 1 tbsp peanut oil until very hot. Then add garlic and ginger, and stir for a few seconds. Stir in the meat-marinade mixture, and stir-fry until meat is cooked to your liking. Turn off heat, add vegetables, and stir to mix well. Pour seasoning sauce over meat and vegetables.

Makes 4 servings
Old 01-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Curried Chicken Wings

3 cans cream of mushroom-chicken soup
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp crushed red chilies
2 sliced onions
2 stalks diagonally sliced celery
4 to 5 pounds chicken wings, disjointed

In a large pot, combine soup, curry powder, chilies, onions, and celery. Stir until smooth. Add chicken wings and stir again. It will look like there isn’t going to be enough gravy. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 2 hours, stirring now and then. If gravy is too thin, thicken with some Not-Starch. Serve over cooked faux rice.
Lioness0455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Chicken With Crushed Hot Peppers

3 chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1-1/2 tbsp Not-Sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1-1/2 tbsp water
1 tbsp Splenda
1-1/2 tsp vinegar
4 tbsp peanut oil, divided
1 tsp dried, crushed hot peppers
3 green onions cut into chunks
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger

Blend soy sauce with Not-Sugar and baking soda. Mix in chicken and set aside. Combine soy sauce, water, Splenda, vinegar and set aside. Heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat. Add chicken and crushed hot pepper. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside. In another 2 tbsp oil stir fry green onions and ginger for one minute. Return chicken to skillet and stir fry until cooked through. Add soy mixture and stir to coat.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Oriental Chicken and Green Beans

1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips or chunks
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Not-Sugar
1 tbsp oriental cooking wine
1 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1-2 in pieces
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
4oz can mushrooms
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup orange flavored Davinci syrup

Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, wine, Splenda, and baking soda. Allow to marinate for several hours. In a heavy cast iron skillet or wok heat 1 tbsp peanut oil until very hot. Add green beans and onion. Stir fry until veggies are well coated. Add the liquid from the can of mushrooms, cover, and steam for 9 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding additional water if necessary until beans are crunchy-tender. Add mushrooms the last minute or two, cooking just long enough to heat them through. Remove veggies to a platter, and spread out slightly to avoid overcooking. In the same skillet/wok heat 1 to 2 tbsp peanut oil until very hot. Add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add chicken and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked through. Return beans to chicken. Add Davinci syrup. Cover and steam for a minute or two, then uncover and stir until hot.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #29

Gallery: pocahontas
I looooooooooove this:

Asian Mushroom Soup Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

I dont use fish sauce though cause I dont know what it is and it kinda creeps me out.
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #30

Gallery: pocahontas
Forgot to say that I am going to try this one next:

Recipes : Slow Cooked Korean-Style Short Rib Soup : Food Network

DH can have noodles but I wont.
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote