Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 212/200 /goal 150
WOE: Lowcarb
Carbquilk pudding mix

[COLOR="Purple"]I've posted this before, but since I just made some it reminded me to post again for the winter months. FYI, You really can't replace the heavy cream for something else in this recipe because that is what gives it - it's creaminess. I keep the mix in a tupperware container and just scoop out what I need. It is great to have and easy desert on hand and just add milk and cook.

Debbie...[/COLOR]

Pudding Mix
1/2 cup erythritol
1/4 cup diabetisweet
1/2 cup splenda granular
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup CarbQuik
1 cup polydextrose
1/2 cup plain whey powder
1 teasp. salt

To make the Pudding use:

7/8 cup dry mix, which is 1/2 cup + heaping 1/3 cup
1 cup calorie count down
1 cup heavy cream
1 teasp. vanilla extract

Place the milk into a medium saucepan. Add the dry mix, cook over med-hi heat until it comes to a boil, then turn down heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, continuously whisking (it should coat back of spoon) . Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. I pour this into the measuring cup you had the milk in, then pour into individual ramekins, Not as messy that way.

Deb......
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
sounds great! Thanks!
Yummy's_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Pudding Mix

Any idea how many carbs per serving?
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
[COLOR=Red]I wonder.......
If you changed out the 1/2 cup Splenda to 1/2 tsp Splenda Quick Pack, how much mix you would use. It would definitely cut down on the carb count. But it would reduce the total amout of the mixture by almost the 1/2 cup. Maybe 3/4 cup mix per pudding?

Best I can figure the recipe as posted should make about 5 puddings.
And it seems that 3/4 cup would be about right, the best I can figure it.

And also, if you just leave the Splenda out, and then use 1/2 cup equivalence in liquid Splenda, I think you would also use 3/4 of the mix, and think that would also work. Saving carbs also.

Anybody disagree, or have a better conversion?

I haven't run it thru a program to get the carb count.
[/COLOR]

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

Last edited by crazywoman-n-wy; 09-27-2007 at 06:42 PM..
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 212/200 /goal 150
WOE: Lowcarb
Sorry I don't know the carb count, I don't have a program that figures that.

The recipe would use the same amount of measuring even if you used liquid splenda (I've done it). The reason I use these sweeteners is because I sent some to my son in Texas to try. I do plan on using splenda quik pack next time to save on carbs, but I still had some of this left over from last time. I get 4 ramekins after it's made, you could probably get 5 if you poured less in the ramekins. Hubby likes it with a little Land O Lakes sprayed on top. It is very filling too.

Debbie
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
Is there a good sub for the diabetisweet?
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR=Red]Thanks Debbie. I've been wanting something for dessert, and couldn't decide what. I think I'll go make some![/COLOR]
Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR=Red]I made this tonight. But seems I can never leave things alone anymore, so I did have some tweaks.

I like my chocolate pudding/pie filling, etc a lot more chocolatey than a lot of folks, and for me this didn't seem like it had quite enough chocolate. And tho I didn't add any extra cocoa, I did use 1/4 cup of Hershey's Dark Coca, and the rest reg Hershey's. For the CC milk I used chocolate. And I used chocolate whey protein pwd.
I did use the 1/2 tsp Splenda Quick Pack. I used 1/8 cup Diabetisweet, and 1/8 cup Isomalt (I had both or I wouldn't have made that change). I only used abt 1/2 tsp salt.

It is really a little too sweet for me. Things can get too sweet for me real quick anymore. So I'm sure it will be right on fo a lot of folks. Next time I make it I'll cut back on some sweet somewhere. Maybe cut the Quick Pack to 1/4 tsp.

I did use the 7/8 cup to make it. Almost talked myself into only using the 3/4 cup, but I did follow the recipe here.

I don't cook puddings on the stove top anymore. I use the microwave. I cooked for 4 min, sirred, then cooked and stirred at about 1 minute intervals for a total of probably 3 or maybe 4 more minutes. It may have been done sooner, but I'm used to cooking pie fillings, not pudding, and was cooking more toward that. That is probably why I only got about 4 1/2 small ramkins. I think I cooked more liquid out of mine.

This was quite good! I think if I (personally) didn't use the chocolate cc milk, I'd probably add a little more cocoa to it when I made it up. But that's me & my chocolate preferences.

Thanks Deb!!!! This will most likely become a staple around my house.

PS, I had developed a chocolate pudding/pie filling recipe of my own, but I think this one will replace it. (It wasn't a mix, but a do as I go recipe.)
[/COLOR]