Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I just came back from my health food store, and got some sunflower seeds, and in the bin next to them, were spicy sunflower seeds. Well, let me say these seeds are delicious......a bit hot, but not too hot. They left a delightful taste in my mouth.

I think these will make a great addition to the muffins.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
My son says to me "I didn't know pumpkin was lc" I knew it was, but had to prove it to him so I just read that label this morning. It is 4 carbs per serving, but now I can't remember what a serving is But it is less than the 3 T that Homestretch recommended in her pumpkin bread recipe.

Can someone help me with serving size...

I was just so happy that I could squeeze a vegetable serving into my breakie

Last edited by JoSkids; 09-19-2007 at 04:16 PM..
JoSkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LizBeth
Stats: 16/14/6
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: re-re-restarted March 2008
sounds yummy
LizBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSkids View Post
My son says to me "I didn't know pumpkin was lc" I knew it was, but had to prove it to him so I just read that label this morning. It is 4 carbs per serving, but now I can't remember what a serving is But it is less than the 3 T that Homestretch recommended in her pumpkin bread recipe.

Can someone help me with serving size...

I was just so happy that I could squeeze a vegetable serving into my breakie
****** gives 6.35 net carbs for 1/2 c canned pumpkin so 3 tbls would be 2.38 net carbs.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Guy Duke
Stats: 6' 8" 336/280/245
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 07/11/07
Well I just folded under the peer pressure of an 8 page thread! Made this tonight. Followed the recipe on page one! I thought, no way can it be good! 1minute in the nuker? Way too easy to be yummy. Wrong! It was real tasty and very filling! I enjoyed the 'different' texture. Now, it's not the muffin some might be expecting... but it's close and at 1.5 carbs, it's delectable! I got 6 slices out of it. Think I'll tweak the recipe and use as burger buns. I'm tir'd of lettuce buns! Try it!
Guy Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:20 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nessyrae
Stats: 299/239.6/???
WOE: Lower Carb WW
I tried this muffin for the first time last night after reading all these wondeful things! I nuked it for 1 min, but it was EXTREMELY dry. I will try 45 sec next time. However I am thinking about trying the pumpkin one so I know it will be moister.

I know some of you have mentioned that these muffins don't stall you. I am worried it will stall me. I have been having steady weight loss until I tried one last night, it may just be a fluke, but I was wondering if any of you have stalled from this muffin.

I am anxious to try the pumpkin one! I love pumpkin!
nessyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:41 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ItsToni
Stats: 5'9" - started@223/199/160
WOE: Atkins (over & over)
Start Date: October 21, 2005
I was afraid of stalling at first too, but NOPE! I think it's just the "idea" that we think it's a "bread" product that makes us scared! My food addiction has now gone to muffin addiction LOL Naw...I just eat one per day. The first couple I made were REALLY dry too...like, choking dry. Now I about a tablespoon of butter (I need the calories) and sugar free davinci's syrups. I've also been chopping up one strawberry and adding that - it makes it REALLY moist! Just play with the recipe a bit; you'll come up with something that suits you Oh, I also always spread 1 TB cream cheese over the pieces as I'm eating them. You could also spread butter if you prefer that.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsezova
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2004
recipe for 1 min pumpkin muffin?

Can someone post the recipe for the 1 minute muffin using pumpkin? I've sorta been searching through these posts but am not quite sure of the ingredients and measurements. Thank you so much if you can help!
mrsezova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:46 AM   #219

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Square pan, savoury muffin, no fat, nuked 2 mins, sliced in half, toasted both side, add cheese, toast under grill....

Legal cheese on toast! I have died and gone to heaven. Flax is the new black.

Last edited by Kissa; 09-20-2007 at 04:51 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:47 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I'm giving up my morning ritual muffin to have some flax "bread" for lunch - grilled cheese - I can't wait!
ItsToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

YUM! I just made the pumpkin version.

I used:

1 tsp melted butter
1 egg
3 T of pumpkin
1tsp of cinnamon (some use pumpkin pie spice-I didn't have any)
1/4 c. flax meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pkt of splenda
a dab of SF Vanilla syrup

I had to nuke mine for about 1 1/2 min due to all the moisture. It is much more moist thatn the original version I had last night (I think 1 min for the original is too long for me)

I am having it with a cup of decaf pumpkin spice coffee.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: learning2love
Stats: 258.5/223.8/150
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
Start Date: Restarted Jan 2014
Quote:
Square pan, savoury muffin, no fat, nuked 2 mins, sliced in half, toasted both side, add cheese, toast under grill....

OMG is all I will say after just trying this....

AND I was BAD and had this at 11:30 in the evening cause I couldnt wait till morning.
learning2love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cablegriz
Stats: 218/178/200/140
WOE: LC, Insulin Resistant on Metformin HCL 2000mg
Start Date: April 23, 2010 a restart for my health
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2love View Post
I couldnt wait till morning.
LOL made me laugh! I'm having it this morning with the pumpkin spin to it, going right now...........
Cablegriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsToni View Post
OOOHHH I like that idea!! I was also wondering if davinci made SF banana syrup? That with cinnamon and walnuts would be yummy :blush:
I have to admit something.........:blush:. Last Friday I mashed 1/4 of a banana in mine because I love banana bread and it was to die for! I really do not know how many carbs that added but I could not resist trying it. I just figured it into my calories. Banana and pecans.....now that is an idea, we have to see if Divinci's makes banana syrup!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Great idea! I had a tuna sandwich on one I made in a bowl. I left out the Spenda and added garlic. I have not had grilled cheese in forever, thanks for the idea!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Toni & homestretch the grilled cheese is soooo yummy!! I had it for breakfast. Muffin made as bread, 2 slices processed cheese. I overcooked it and the cheese oozed out a little too much, but he browned cheese isn't all that bad either!

I like the drier texture for the bread so I over nuke it.

I just added a little salt to the recipe - I pretty much want a plain bread flavor. However, I think I might not add the sweetener next time (or maybe 1/2 packet) my bread was a little too sweet for my liking.

Grilled cheese, my new favorite!!!

If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer!

Be Prepared - It's not just a Boy Scout motto anymore!

If anyone doesn't think their plan is the best; they should probably be looking for a new plan. - Jezzie
Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: psaq
Stats: 207/188.5/135 restarted 7/07
WOE: LGL
Start Date: L/C 1/15/07 LGL 7/2007
ok i may have gone way off track on this but i remember someone posting that they added more water to make pancakes out of this muffin. well..... i added water and 1 more egg and used it for my CHILE RELLANO!!! it was ssssoooooo good. i just made my chile rellano the way i always do. oh the possibilities!!!
psaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSkids View Post
Toni & homestretch the grilled cheese is soooo yummy!! I had it for breakfast. Muffin made as bread, 2 slices processed cheese. I overcooked it and the cheese oozed out a little too much, but he browned cheese isn't all that bad either!

I like the drier texture for the bread so I over nuke it.

I just added a little salt to the recipe - I pretty much want a plain bread flavor. However, I think I might not add the sweetener next time (or maybe 1/2 packet) my bread was a little too sweet for my liking.

Grilled cheese, my new favorite!!!
Thanks I cannot wait to try it!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cablegriz
Stats: 218/178/200/140
WOE: LC, Insulin Resistant on Metformin HCL 2000mg
Start Date: April 23, 2010 a restart for my health
OMG just made and ate the pumpkin version with cream cheese...........
I may never go back to the old version of the muffin, LOL it was soooooooo moist. Pumpkin for me from now on. mmmmmmmmmmm
Cablegriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: freeman525
Stats: (241)201.8/197.5/141
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 12/30/13
Your mama

Just want to be your mama for a minute and remind you to use cinnamon in this recipe whenever possible because cinnamon slows down the body's absorption of sugars.

Janice
freeman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #231

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Don't forget to add .6 net carbs for the 1 tsp of cinnamon for those who are watching this.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
I will be making the pumpkin version to night because it has gotten so many good reviews.
Thanks for the recipe.
Indigo-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

I really wanted to try it with cream cheese and went to the store. I just got back and remembered...I forgot the cream cheese! Oh well...it is tasty without it. I will try it with cream cheese sometime.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Ok - I'm eating a grilled cheese right now. I just used 1 egg, 1 TB butter, 1/4 c. flax meal, 1/2 t. baking powder, 1/2 pkt. splenda, a pinch of salt, a dash of garlic powder and a dash of ground mustard and a crank of pepper. I nuked for 1 minute in a square container, popped it out, cut it into 2 bread-like slices and let it lay there and "dry" out while I grilled some onions in butter. Then I assembled the grilled cheese (w/grilled onions) and browned it like a "normal" one. It's yummy! I'm using an all natural colby jack instead of the american slices. The slices had 2 c. each in them and the colby jack has 0. The "bread" texture is a little different than regular - more light and crunchity (that's not a word). I'll definitely be making it again - next time with BACON!!!
ItsToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Confetti
Stats: 5'9", 43 years ~~314/goal is to be under 200!
WOE: controlled carb
Start Date: March 2007
Hi there! I am going to give the pumpking OMM a try -- it sounds great, and I love pumpkin! I made the OMM before (actually a few times) but I just didn't care for it, so hopefully the pumpkin version is better. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Confetti; 09-20-2007 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: corrected a spelling error
Confetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bacon grilled cheese sounds great. I have to get my sunflower seeds so that I can add that to my "bread as well"

I would have this again for dinner but I am a little afraid of all that fiber Oh well, gives one something to look forward to. That and a particular thread on this website that has me on the edge of my seat!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsToni View Post
Ok - I'm eating a grilled cheese right now. I just used 1 egg, 1 TB butter, 1/4 c. flax meal, 1/2 t. baking powder, 1/2 pkt. splenda, a pinch of salt, a dash of garlic powder and a dash of ground mustard and a crank of pepper. I nuked for 1 minute in a square container, popped it out, cut it into 2 bread-like slices and let it lay there and "dry" out while I grilled some onions in butter. Then I assembled the grilled cheese (w/grilled onions) and browned it like a "normal" one. It's yummy! I'm using an all natural colby jack instead of the american slices. The slices had 2 c. each in them and the colby jack has 0. The "bread" texture is a little different than regular - more light and crunchity (that's not a word). I'll definitely be making it again - next time with BACON!!!
Glad you like the grilled cheese, I had another this morning and it was good . I didn't do the bacon though because I ran out of reg. bacon and tried to do turkey bacon. I think I'm the only one that cannot cook turkey bacon it burns on me everytime.

I loved your recipe for the muffin I do the same I cut the splenda by 1/2 but I never thought to make it savory with garlic powder and other spices.

I will try other cheeses with this , it does bother me that the processed cheese has 2g per slice. I just bought it cause I was dying for a grilled cheese sandwich.

I just thought to do this with some deli-select ham slices for a grilled ham & cheese.

For the person worrying about stalling, on my former plan I would stall if I looked at the word , but so far doing Atkins induction. I'm losing steadily and I've had these muffins every morning for the last 5 or so days and I have not had a problem at all.

Dee
msdee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Has anyone tried baking this in their toaster oven?
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

grilled cheese is just not grilled cheese unless it is processed cheese...

Maybe I will venture out and use other cheese - oooh how about brie!!

Of course, if you lived where I live, in CA, this would not be called a grilled cheese, it would be a panini and would be about $5 for a 50˘ sandwich We were in line at the Safeway deli and the guy in front of us ordered a panini with just cheese - I looked at my daughter and said, wouldn't a panini without meat just be a grilled cheese - gee, how hard would that be to make at home? And how much are you paying for the grilled cheese? gotta love Marin County...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #240
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babiektcher
Great recipe!!!

I enjoyed tis muffin and felt like I was filled to my neck after eating it. Great stuff!!!!
babiektcher is offline   Reply With Quote