Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 05:49 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mel78
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

I'll be making these for the parents that come to my DD's birthday party (Strawberry Shortcake Theme)...

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
[COLOR=black]1 lb [/COLOR][COLOR=black]fresh strawberries[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]4 ounces [/COLOR][COLOR=black]cream cheese[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1/2 teaspoon [/COLOR][COLOR=black]vanilla[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]2-1/2 teaspoons [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Splenda sugar substitute[/COLOR]
  1. [COLOR=black]Clean the strawberries and cut the tops[/COLOR] off so that they are flat. Place them on a plate.
  2. Using a small knife, make a hole in the bottom of the strawberries.
  3. With a mixer, blend the cream cheese with the vanilla and splenda.
  4. Using a small spoon, put little dollops of the cream cheese in the holes in the strawberries.
  5. Chill until ready to serve.

I will probably "fancy" these up a bit by shaving some s/f chocolate over the tops of them before serving... Or find a way to make a "chocolate drizzle" to put over them before serving... either way, I'm really looking forward to them!!!

[COLOR=magenta]"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*[/COLOR]
Mel78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Mackenzie
WOE: Lower Carb
Start Date: Restart 9/13/05
They sound so good! You are very creative. Have you "sampled" them yet?
Mackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
I made these at my MOM's for dessert for everyone else when we were there in Feb. I made a high carb version. I quartered the berries from the tip to almost the stem then stuffed them with pieces of actual cheesecake and dipped them in chocolate. Everyone loved them.

Good luck on your low carb version. sounds yummy
shadowzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbara Ray
Stats: 230/150/162/150
WOE: Low Calorie/Low Glycemic Load/Low Carb
OHHHHHHHHHH!!! This sound terrifics! I LOVE strawberries! I live in South Florida - within a few miles of where they grown the BEST strawberries in the world - so during the "season" - December thru April - I have strawberries just about everyday! I mostly eat them just as they are - but sometimes I dip them in chocolate - NOW - I can combine three of my favorite things - cheescake, strawberries and chocolate. Thank YOU!

P.S. I'll eat California strawberries in the "off" season - but they're NOT as good!
Barbara Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mel78
I haven't tried making them yet... but the recipe came up when I was searching for party ideas...

Oh, and as I was re-reading the instructions, it seems I posted one of the ones that "scoop and fill" rather than "cut the X and fill" but as Shadow posted... that'll be the way I fill mine as I'm not expecting to be able to get really good strawberries in September
Mel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: crazyredhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowzip View Post
I made these at my MOM's for dessert for everyone else when we were there in Feb. I made a high carb version. I quartered the berries from the tip to almost the stem then stuffed them with pieces of actual cheesecake and dipped them in chocolate. Everyone loved them.

Good luck on your low carb version. sounds yummy
There was a company that did this exact thing, Eminger Berries. The owner actually had a patent on stuffing strawberries with cheesecake (strange fact but true). The company was featured on the Food Channel show "Road Tasted" with Paula Deen's two sons. They looked amazing but apparently right after the show aired she filed bankruptcy and went out of business. Luckily I don't think anyone needs to worry about a patent when they are just making them at home to eat ... sounds delish!... love that we can do a low carb version of this.
crazyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote