Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
seb

Gallery: seb
Stats: 205/171/140 5'6" 48
Start Date: Restart on 1-29-07
Ladies from the Weight Loss Journal - Our Favorite Recipes

O.K. all you great ladies from the Weight Loss Journal forum. Let's get some great recipes together here.

I'm going to post what I'm making tonight. I got this from (guess who) LindaSue's website.

PATTIES PARMIGIANA
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated, 1/2 cup (I used the kind in a can)
Cooking oil
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 1/2-ounce slices mozzarella cheese

Mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper well. Shape into 6 patties. Dip patties in egg then coat them with parmesan cheese. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick skillet. Brown patties over medium heat, turning once to brown the other side. Drain fat. Combine tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Cover skillet and simmer on low heat 15 minutes, until meat is cooked through. Top each with a slice of mozzarella; cover pan and heat until cheese is melted.

Makes 6 servings

Per Serving: 367 Calories; 27g Fat; 27g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3.5g Net Carbs
seb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/137/120
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
My favorite pizza: Linda's Deep Dish Pizza

Wonderful low carb deep dish pizza!

Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

How To Prepare:
In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Linda says,
I don't recommend making this in a metal baking pan as it will stick making the pizza very difficult to remove and the pan very hard to clean.

I think I may have discovered the secret to a crispy crust. I left the baked crust uncovered in the refrigerator for several hours. I think that allowed it to dry out a bit so that it became crisp during the second baking with the toppings. I was able to pick the pizza up in my hands.

NOTE: If you lightly grease the pan and line it with parchment paper, you'll have no trouble removing the pizza from the pan later. Greasing the pan makes the parchment stick to it so you can easily spread the crust batter.

Number of Servings: Makes 8 servings

Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Average
Source: www.genaw.com/lowcarb

My Journey to Success
Getting back to the skinny me!
"Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!" Samuel 25:6
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Delicious Crusted Salmon!

Ingredients:

2 whole Salmon Fillets
Stick of butter
Dill Weed
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of mayo
1 ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese

How To Prepare: Place Salmon in a large metal baking dish. Melt butter. Pour butter over Salmon and sprinkle on dill weed. Bake Salmon uncovered at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. While Salmon is baking, mix sour cream, mayo, and parmesan cheese together. Take Salmon out of oven and spread mixture over top and sides of Salmon (you will have some mixture left over). Put it back into the oven for 10-20 minutes until brown
Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Yummy Grilled Shrimp

Yummy Grilled Shrimp

Description: Marinated Grilled Shrimp

Ingredients:

50 Medium---Large Shrimp
5 Wooden Skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
2 Limes
1 T Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
3 T Olive Oil
1 T Garlic Powder
Sea Salt and Coarse Ground Black Pepper to taste

How To Prepare:

Soak skewers in pan of water for at least 1 hour.

Load 10 shrimp per skewer.

In a rectangular dish, long enough to lay the shrimp skewers down into, whisk the juice of the 2 limes, Olive Oil, and seasonings all together.

Place shrimp skewers into pan and pop in fridge until grilling.

Grill over medium to high heat for 3 minutes per side, or just until shrimp turn pink. Don't over cook them, or they will be like rubber!
Number of Servings: Depends on how much you can eat!! Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Easy Source: Livywilltim-mom

Peace Mimi, we miss you

Last edited by Livywilltim-mom; 06-12-2007 at 06:45 PM..
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KrystaLyn
Stats: 173.0/164.0/135 (pre-preg 162/135)
Start Date: Post-pregnancy start: 03/02/2011
I've been at work so I'm a little late getting here, but this is GREAT! I LOVE you girls! Here's my first recipe:

Macho Chili
(carb count does not include optional items or garnishes)

1 lb. stew meat
1-2 lbs. ground beef
2 t. salt
½ t. pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
A few stalks celery (optional)
3 T. Ancho or Mexican Style Chili powder
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes w/ chiles
¾ c. dry red wine or chicken broth
1 can chili or kidney beans (optional)

Toss beef with salt and pepper. Heat about 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a dutch oven over fairly high heat. Add one-third of the stew beef and sear on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from pot; reduce heat and brown ground beef. About halfway through the browning, add onions, celery and garlic and sauté until slightly translucent. Stir in chili powder, tomatoes, wine and garlic; bring to a simmer. Return beef and accumulated juices to pot. Cover and simmer at least a half hour, or until beef is very tender. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions and olives, if desired. Serves 8 (3 cb)

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 06-12-2007 at 09:34 PM..
KrystaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:40 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beth's Collard Greens

Bunch of Collard Greens
1/2 onion chopped
1 tomatoe chopped
1 can of chicken broth
Spices: Seasoned salt, Garlic powder, Mrs. Dash, Cinnamon, Adobo Seasoning, and any other spices that you like
Olive Oil

Wash and tear off leaves of collards. Take leaves, stack, roll and cut into strips. Take a large pot. Pour in olive oil (enough to cover the bottom). Cut up onion and tomato. Place into pot. Add seasonings. Sautee over low heat until onions are almost done. Add greens and stir to coat. Add chicken broth and water. Simmer until done.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:42 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beth's Chicken Wings

Seasoning:
Mrs. Dash Original seasoning
Adobo All Purpose seasoning (w/ cumin)
Garlic Powder
Cinnamon Powder
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

Toss wings in Olive oil. Spread them out on a baking pan. Sprinkle on both sides with the seasoning above. Cook at 400* for 30 minutes.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love this recipe! Got to make this one!

Ricotta Pie

4 eggs
15oz container of ricotta
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup (4 T) of grated Parmesan cheese
Small onion chopped and cooked in butter
6 slices of cooked bacon
2 T of dried parsley flakes
Salt and pepper (added to onions while cooking)

Spray an 8X8 glass pan with Pam.

Mix the eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, and ricotta together. Cook the onions in butter w/ salt and pepper until translucent. Add to the egg mixture. Cook up 6 slices of bacon. Dry on paper towel and crumble. Add this to the egg mixture. Pour the mixture into the glass pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. The pie should be light brown and firm. Slice into 6 servings.
You can make this in a giant muffin tins. They refrigerate or freeze very well. You can play around with the base (eggs, ricotta, cheese) by adding different meats or veggies.

My counts on this:
4 eggs-2.4
Ricotta-14
Mozzarella-9
Parmesan-.6
Bacon-.2
Onion-1
Total=26.2
6 servings-4.3 carbs per serving
8 servings=3.2 carbs per serving
Old 06-13-2007, 05:59 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got to add these!

"PMS" Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 stick butter
8 splenda pks.
4 T peanut butter (I like the crunchy)

Melt all ingredients together slowly until smooth. Spoon into muffin cups lined with paper or alum. cups (alum. work better). Put into the freezer for 1 hour.

Makes 12 cups with 2.2 carbs per cup.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

7 Layer Salad Gone Wild!

Chopped Lettuce
Chopped Onion
Chopped Cucumber
Chopped Celery
Chopped Tomato
Chopped Boiled Eggs
Mayonnaise Mixture (mayo, parm. cheese, 1 pk splenda)
Crumbled Bacon
Shredded Chicken
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Cook Bacon. Drain bacon and crumble. Take already cooked chicken breast and shred. Place in bacon grease and toss. Take out chicken and put on paper towel. Chop onion, cucumber, tomato, celery and boiled eggs. In a large bowl, assemble salad. First, add the lettuce, then the onion, cucumber, celery, and tomato. Spread Mayo mixture to cover salad. Top with eggs, chicken, bacon and cheese. Mix and eat. Enjoy!

Carb count depends on what you put in it and amounts.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Crock pot Rotisserie Chicken

1 whole chicken
Spray olive oil
Lawry's seasoned salt

Ball up aluminum foil and put in bottom of crock pot. Place seasoned chicken on top. Cook 4-6 hours.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I already posted this in my journal, but I'm adding it here so I nobody has to search through my journal for it. I think I will go through my journal and put all the recipes I've posted there in here!

Alfredo Sauce

1 pt. cream
½ c. butter
2 T. cream cheese
½ - ¾ c. parmesan cheese
1 t. garlic powder

Melt butter and cream cheese in a medium saucepan. Add cream and simmer until all is melted. Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer 15-20 min on low. Season to taste with salt, pepper and/or nutmeg. Serve over pasta or spaghetti squash with shrimp, ham or chicken. Add steamed veggies to make a primavera. (16 cbs for entire recipe)
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Here are some desserts!

Macaroons

2 egg whites
1/8 t. salt
1/3 c. Splenda
1/2 t. almond extract
1 c. unsweetened fine macaroon coconut (i use Bobs Red Mill)
1 drop red food coloring, if desired

Whip the egg whites until quite fluffy and slowly add all ingredients except coconut. Whip until fairly stiff. Fold in coconut and drop by teaspoons onto a parchment lined (I use a silpat) baking sheet. Bake at 325 for about 8 minutes (the smaller the cookie, the less time...it should hold together and be dry to the touch, but not be more than barely golden on the bottom.)

Creamy Cheesecake

16 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/2 c. Splenda OR Davinci Vanilla Syrup (I usually use half of each)
1-2 t. vanilla extract (if you are just using Splenda)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat cream cheese until fluffy and add eggs, sweeteners and vanilla, if using. Beat until completely smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass pie dish sprayed with Pam. I tap the bottom of the dish on the counter quite a few times at this point to get out the air bubbles. Bake about 20-25 min, or until set (mine are usually puffy when I take it out and then flatten as they cool.) Chill before serving. I cut this into 12 servings. (The carb count depends on your cream cheese, and whether you use Splenda or the Davinci's. I usually get between 24 - 32, or 2 - 2.6 carbs per slice.)

If you are feeling daring , you can put a T. of SF cherry pie filling on top of either of these pies for an additional 1.5 carbs (I get the Walmart Great Value brand.)

Here's the no-bake one:

Cream Cheese Pie

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1//3 c. Splenda
1 t. vanilla
1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped

Blend together cheese and Splenda. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into nut or SF cookie crust. (I cut this one into 8 for about 3.75 carbs per slice for JUST the filling...the crust adds about 1 more carb per slice for 4.5-5 carbs total. The filling carb count depends on what brand of cream cheese you use, but you could definitely cut it into smaller slices if you want. If you want to skip the crust on this, you can serve it as a dessert in small dessert dishes, or layer it with the cherry pie filling, or fresh strawberries or raspberries for a parfait.)

I keep meaning to experiment and come up with a better nut crust, I just haven't taken the time yet, so I usually use this basic one:

Nut Crust

1 c. almonds or pecans, ground (I prefer pecans)
3 T. butter, melted
1 T. Splenda

Combine and press into the bottom and sides of a glass pie pan. Bake 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool before filling.

Dark Chocolate Fudge Sauce

1 T. cocoa
1 T. butter
1/4 c. cream
2 T. Sweetener (I use a blend of 1-1/2 T. Splenda and 1/2 T. Erythritol)
1/2 t. vanilla

Melt butter and cocoa together over low heat. Add sweeteners and stir to dissolve. Add cream and boil one minute, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and stir well. May also make in the microwave. 2 servings. You can easily double this if you need more.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alice Springs Chicken

4 Boneless Chicken Breast
8 slices of cooked bacon
8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 T. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Grill chicken until done. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain. Saute' mushrooms with butter & garlic in the same skillet as bacon was cooking. Top each piece of chicken with some of the mushrooms/garlic, bacon, and shredded cheese. Broil until melted.

4 servings:
2 net carbs(3 full) per serving
Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Hamburger Green Bean Casserole

1 lb. hamburger
1 small onion, chopped
mushrooms (optional, to taste)
4 oz. sour cream
4oz. cream cheese
dash of Worcestershire sauce
1-2 cans french style green beans, drained (Depends on how many carbs you want. Obviously 2 cans will be more carbs)
Cheddar cheese, to taste
French fried onions (optional)

350° Brown hamburger and stir in mushrooms and onions. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Stir in sour cream. Add beans and combine. Pour into casserole dish and top with cheese and French fried onions. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 30 min. (You can also serve this as a skillet dish...just simmer in a skillet until sauce is of a desired consistency, then sprinkle with the cheese and cover until the cheese is melted.)

I just thought of this, but you could probably turn this into a Philly Cheesesteak type dish by replacing the green beans with sliced green peppers!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

EVERYONE LOVES THIS IN MY HOUSE!

LINDA SUE'S MUSHROOM CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
3-4 cups diced cooked chicken
1 pound pork sausage
1 stalk celery, chopped fine
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower, cooked well and drained
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Paprika, optional

Brown the sausage with the celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir the softened cream cheese into the sausage mixture until well blended. Coarsely chop the cooked cauliflower. Mix all ingredients and spread in a greased 9x13" baking dish. If desired, dust the top with paprika. Bake, covered with foil, at 350º for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until hot and bubbly and top is lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.

Makes 8-12 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/8 Recipe: 550 Calories; 40g Fat; 42g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per 1/10 Recipe: 440 Calories; 32g Fat; 34g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per 1/12 Recipe: 367 Calories; 27g Fat; 28g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Old 06-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Pumpkin Bars

1/2 c. Carbquick
1/4 c. plain protein powder (or whole wheat flour when on maintenance)
1/4 c. almond flour
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. Splenda
2 eggs
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. nuts (optional)
1/8 c. raisins, chopped (maintenance)

350 deg. In a medium bowl stir together the first seven ingredients. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and Splenda together until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin, then the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the raisins and nuts, if using. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan (I usually use a pan just slightly smaller...8x12, I think) and spread evenly. Bake about 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly. I cut this into about 16 bars.

(The carb count depends on which brand of protein powder you use, but mine I rounded up to 45 carbs for entire thing...it was really like 42 or 43, but I round up to account for any hidden carbs I might have missed.)
Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Chicken Salad

3 c. cooked, bite-sized chicken - 0
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese - 4
1 ½ c. celery, chopped - 2
3 T. SF sweet pickle relish - 3
½ t. marjoram - 0
½ t. oregano - 0
3 green onions, chopped - trace
1 c. mayonnaise - 8.5

Combine all ingredients.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another favorite. I can have portion control this this one!! Does freeze well.

LINDA SUE'S ITALIAN CASSEROLE
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
8 ounce can tomato sauce
Salt, to taste
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or to taste
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, 1 cup

Topping:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese *
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, 1 cup

Brown the meats along with the garlic, onions and mushrooms; season with a little salt and pepper. Drain fat; stir in remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning if necessary and put in a greased 7x11" baking dish.

Combine topping ingredients and spoon over surface of meat mixture. Spread evenly with a spatula. Bake at 350º about 40 minutes until topping is nicely browned.

Makes 8 servings

* The canned kind of parmesan works just as well and costs less.

Per Serving: 463 Calories; 38g Fat; 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love to make these up and freeze them. I put on top of them a mixture I use with the crusted salmon (mayo, sourcream, parmesan cheese). Very tasty and really low carb!

LINDA SUE'S TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
2 6-ounce cans tuna or salmon, drained well
2 eggs
1/4 cup celery, chopped fine, 1 ounce
2 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 1/2 ounce
1/4 cup green pepper, minced, 1 ounce
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pinch Old Bay seasoning

Mix all ingredients and spoon into 6 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

Linda serves these with Tartar Sauce or Chipotle Mayo. She says they are also really good topped with sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms, then a bit of the Chipotle Mayo.

Here's a slightly larger recipe:

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
Three 6 ounce cans tuna or salmon, well-drained
3 eggs
1 stalk celery, chopped fine
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped fine, 2 1/4 ounces
3 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 2 ounces
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix all ingredients and spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.

Makes 12 servings

Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs
Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

And I thought I'd throw in a list of my favorite protein shake recipes too! I sometimes add a T. of Benefiber to the shakes, also.

Pumpkin Shake

1/4-1/3 c. pumpkin puree
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 vanilla RTD Atkins shake OR 1 scoop vanilla protein powder mixed with 1 c. CC milk
ice

Chocolate Raspberry Shake

4 oz raspberry yogurt (I use Activia Light)
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 c. water
ice

Orange Julius

1 scoop vanilla protein powder OR RTD Atkins shake
1/2-1 pkt. Crystal Light on-the-go (depending on how strong you want it)
1/2 c. CC milk + 1/2-1 c. water (or 1-1.5 c. water)
ice

Any Fruit Shake (you can use any flavor of yogurt you want, or for a green shake - and an extra serving of veggies - add 1 c. baby spinach leaves)

4 oz. yogurt, any flavor
1/2 c. water
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 c. spinach (optional)
ice
Old 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jokath
Stats: Then 190/144/144...Now 190/156/155
WOE: Low carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: January 2003
Great thread, great recipes. Thanks for posting.
jokath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:32 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hamburger & Cabbage

Brown hamburger in a skillet. Add shredded cabbage. Stir and cook until tender. Sprinkle parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Serve with a dollup of sourcream.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

,,,for sharing these wonderfule recipes!
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pam in TX
Stats: 292/212/???
WOE: LowCarb
Start Date: June 21, 2004
These look like some great recipes..... Can't wait to try some of them....

Thanks for posting them....
Pam in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:54 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystaLyn View Post
Pumpkin Bars

1/2 c. Carbquick
1/4 c. plain protein powder (or whole wheat flour when on maintenance)
1/4 c. almond flour
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. Splenda
2 eggs
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. nuts (optional)
1/8 c. raisins, chopped (maintenance)

350 deg. In a medium bowl stir together the first seven ingredients. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and Splenda together until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin, then the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the raisins and nuts, if using. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan (I usually use a pan just slightly smaller...8x12, I think) and spread evenly. Bake about 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly. I cut this into about 16 bars.

(The carb count depends on which brand of protein powder you use, but mine I rounded up to 45 carbs for entire thing...it was really like 42 or 43, but I round up to account for any hidden carbs I might have missed.)
Sounds really good. Could you use vanilla whey protein powder in place of the plain protein powder?
SkeeterN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
1 Cup(s) LC peanut butter
1 1/3 Cup(s) Splenda Granulated sugar or 1 Splenda Quick Pack
1 egg
1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheet (I used cooking spray) or line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Approximately 18 cookies.

Note: If you overcook this recipe, the cookies get really brittle. The carb counts: 1 cup PB(40), regular granulated splenda(24) or Splenda Quick pk.(3.3), egg(.6), vanilla extract(.5)=2.5 if using quick pack & 3.6 for gran. splenda.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients:
4 medium mushroom
2 Ounce(s) cream cheese
1/2 Tablespoon(s) butter
1/2 Teaspoon(s) chopped garlic

Directions:
Separate stems from mushrooms and chop stems. In a saucepan saute the chopped mushroom stems and garlic in butter until tender, then add softened cream cheese and mix well. Place mixture into mushroom caps and bake in oven for about 15 minutes.

Counts:
4 mushroom= 2
2 oz. cream cheese=2
garlic(1 clove)=.9
Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
Sounds really good. Could you use vanilla whey protein powder in place of the plain protein powder?
Sure can!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

You can use a jarred sauce with this if you want. If you make the sauce recipe, make it before you start the chicken so it can simmer while you work on the chicken. For me, it's easiest to ask for chicken cutlets at the meat counter, but you can also make your own cutlets by butterflying chicken breasts, but cutting all the way through so that you have 2 seperate cutlets per breast.

Chicken Parmesan & Easy Marinara Sauce
8 chicken cutlets
1 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1 t. Italian Seasoning
1 egg, beaten
2 c. marinara sauce (see below)
8 slices mozzarella cheese

Preheat broiler. Heat 2 T. olive oil in large fry pan. Combine parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dip cutlets in beaten egg then dredge in cheese mixture. Fry in oil 1-2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Pour marinara in a large baking dish. Place fried cutlets on top of sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. Place under broiler until sauce is heated and cheese is golden, about 5 min. Serve immediately.

Fast & Easy Marinara Sauce:

2 t. olive oil
¼ c. chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1-2 spoonfuls tomato paste (depending on how thick you want it)
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 t. Splenda
½ t. dried oregano leaves
¼ t. salt

Heat oil in a medium saucepan till hot. Add onion & garlic, sauté until crisp/tender. Add remaining, mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low simmer 15-20 min., stirring frequently. That’s it! (To make it even easier, you can use tomato sauce with the seasonings already in it. Can also brown a pound of ground beef or Italian sausage while sauce is cooking, then add it to the sauce to make a meat sauce.)