Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 02:55 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
Flourless Crepes

Hi everyone...I got this receipe from whooshfriends.com I made it yesterday and it was fabulous..The crepes are so tender and light. The filling ideas can be endless. Sometimes I add fresh raspberries on top. But eaten as is is great...

Flourless Crepes
3 crepes
Total carbs: 5.5 g

Crepes:
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 Tbsp heavy cream
  • 1 tsp oil (I used Nutiva coconut oil0
  • 1/8 tsp Splenda quick pack (adjust to taste)
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla

Mix well. This will make 2 to 3 crepes. Put in a well buttered no stick frying pan and swirl to coat pan cook at medium till top looks dry and flip for a few seconds. Put in a plate, add your favorite filling and roll up and enjoy.

Ricotta Filling:
  • 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 pkg sugar substitute

Mix well. This will fill the crepes.
babydollsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2007, 03:07 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pam in TX
Stats: 292/212/???
WOE: LowCarb
Start Date: June 21, 2004
Sounds delish.......
Pam in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: originally Atkins, now HCG
Start Date: Feb 08
Babydollsea, thanks so much for this recipe! I just made it and was so good! I used EVOO and 1/2 packet of splenda, then I put on butter, rolled up and added SF pancake syrup! I can think of so many uses for these... such as pigs in a blanket! They taste just like crepes!

Question: could these be frozen?
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I honestly have not tried to freeze (I don't see why not though). I eat the crepes up after I make them (they are soooo good) since there are only 3.

Here is the Nutritional information I have for them...

Calories Fat Fiber Protein Carb Net Carb
274 21 0 16 3 3
Old 05-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rexsreine
WOE: low carb
I hope this does not sound mean, for it surely is not intended in that spirit. I, too, have made flour-less crepes. I used Giada's (food network) recipe for a savory dish. The crepes were filled with ricotta and fontina and topped with a marinara sauce. They were tasty but, really, the crepes were nothing more than very thin omelets. To me, that is not actually a crepe, just another way to eat eggs - which may be just fine for a number of people. I haven't tested any of the Carbquik crepe recipes, so I can't comment. But for those of you who dislike the egginess of things like Spongebob's bread, you probably won't like egg crepes, either.

Ginny
rexsreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:09 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Ginny,

What a great idea to make it savory. I would love to try that. Can you give the recipe for it?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rexsreine
WOE: low carb
If you go the food network site, you can look up Giada's recipes. I don't recall the exact recipe title, but it might have been something like "cheese-stuffed egg crepes". She used fresh basil leaves along with the cheese filling. I made these ahead of time for company so it was an easy dish to do with guests. I have to admit, though, that the dish still seemed a lot like dressed up omelets. I'd like to try one of the pancake recipes here (minus the leavening) and come up with something closer to a real crepe. I believe someone has posted a Danish thin pancake recipe which might work for this application.

Ginny
rexsreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: originally Atkins, now HCG
Start Date: Feb 08
I didn't think they tasted eggy at all... of course, the main ingredient IS egg To me they tasted just like crepes my Mom makes and this is a great substitution!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:22 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
I always thought that real crepes tasted pretty eggy too. Here's a good recipe that's made with Carbalose flour:

LIGHT CREPES
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
Dash salt (see my comments below)
1 cup Carbalose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon butter, melted

In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, yolks and salt. Gradually whisk in flour alternately with cream and water until smooth. Whisk in butter. Chill batter at least 1 hour. Heat 9 or 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium heat, spraying very lightly with cooking spray. Lift skillet off the heat and make each crepe by pouring in 2 tablespoons batter while tilting the pan in all directions to swirl the batter in a thin even layer. Cook until bottom of crepe is browned; flip and brown the other side for a few seconds. Use as crepes or tortillas and fill as desired. If you won't be using the crepes right away, store them with waxed paper between each one and place in a plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer for longer storage.

Makes about 10-12 crepes, 6 inches in diameter
Can be frozen

Note: You could use Carb Countdown milk instead of the cream and water.

Per Crepe: 108 Calories; 9g Fat; 5g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

The original recipe called for 1/8 teaspoon of salt, but I left it out to compensate for the salt in the Carbalose flour. After tasting one, I think they could use just a dash of salt. Also, although my batter was very thin, these cook so quickly that there isn't much time to get the batter to spread in the pan. Rather than add more liquid, I think I will add one more egg next time. I think that might also help the tendency of the crepes to crack when rolling up. The original recipe said to cook them over medium-high heat, but that seemed too hot so I cooked mine over medium-low heat. If your pan is too hot, the batter will stick instantly to the pan and you won't be able to swirl it.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
Yum! I love crepes. Thanks for sharing
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Has anyone tried to keep these in their refridgerator for a week?
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: phadros
Stats: 262/262/150
WOE: vegetarian diet- reduced carb
Start Date: 9/19/10
Babydoll, you just greatly improved my life! These were amazing! I added a little cream to the ricotta mixture so it wasn't so think and stiff. Also, I took a tiny bit of high quality, very dark chocolate (very little sugar- 1 carb per serving) and grated that over the crepes. I was blown away! Rich, decadent, and low carb. Thank you for sharing!
phadros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Perdita
Stats: 215/150/150
WOE: LC/IF
Linda Sue, just want you to know I swear by your light crepe recipe above. I used them during the holidays last year to make some cheese-filled crepes with a SF blueberry sauce, blew my family's minds.
Perdita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: newyorkmeg
Stats: 247/152/healthy 5'8"
WOE: Just LC
Start Date: 10/09
Just bumping thru
newyorkmeg is offline   Reply With Quote