Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sassay
Stats: 255/172/197
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 3/05
Smoked Sausage

Anyone have good lowcarb recipes for this?
Sassay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
Cauliflower and Smoked Sausage Casserole

Makes 4 servings

1 head cauliflower
1 can diced green chilies
1 container sour cream
1/2 pound Jack cheese or cheddar
salt and pepper
garlic powder (optional)
diced or chopped smoked sausage (May also used diced ham or chuncks of chicken

Rinse the head of cauliflower, then cut all the florets off. I trim the stems as well, just leaving the flower head but you don't have to. The easiest way to do this next part is to run the cauliflower florets through an automatic shredder. Like a Kitchenaid attachment or food processor cheese shredder attachment. A mandolin or potato ricer would work. If all else fails, take out your handy cheese shredder.

Once the cauliflower is all shredded put it in a large bowl and toss it with some salt. The flavor of the casserole will be greatly improved! Mix the can of green chilies into the sour cream, add a dash of garlic powder if you like. Shred the cheese.

Now layer the ingredients in the following way into a greased or buttered Casserole dish;

Cauliflower to cover the bottom 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick Sour cream and chilies to cover all the cauliflower to the edges, smoke sausage, cheese to cover

Repeat until all the Cauliflower is used up. You can press down on the Cauliflower layer to make it fit better. The top layer should be cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the top is browned and crusty. Makes an awesome side dish or full meal with the addition of the smoked sausage.
Yummy's_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nicole714
Stats: 18/12/8
WOE: lowcarb
I fry slices up and add to sauteed cabbage and onion.

I also put pieces in my scrambled eggs

Last edited by nicole714; 05-18-2007 at 11:10 AM..
nicole714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: jackieba
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2005
I prefer it just grilled with different mustards for dipping.
jackieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: happycat
I like to cut mine in pieces and grill it! Sometimes I slice it up and fry it, and just eat it like that. Yummm. My husband likes it in his kraut. (Not a kraut fan, here.) Also, a few times a year we fix Low Country Boil. (Recipe follows.) You are supposed to cook it up and dump it out on newspapers that have spread out over a picnic table. It contains stuff that's not low-carb, but I just miss out on that this year. Also, the recipe says to serve with bread. Definitely have to skip out on that, too. One more thing...this is Paula Deen's recipe, which is really good. There are many more that you can find on the internet. Some people also add crawfish. (Ewwww.) Here's the recipe!

LOW COUNTRY BOIL
Crab boil, 2 teaspoons per quart of water
12 red new potatoes
6 (4-inch) smoked sausage link sausage
6 ears corn
3 pounds fresh shrimp, unpeeled

Fill a large pot with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Add the crab boil and bring to a boil. Adjust the crab boil to suit your taste. When the water boils, add the potatoes and sausage. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Add corn and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain and serve with warm bread.

Last edited by happycat; 05-19-2007 at 10:04 AM..
happycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy's_Girl View Post
Cauliflower and Smoked Sausage Casserole

Makes 4 servings

1 head cauliflower
1 can diced green chilies
1 container sour cream
1/2 pound Jack cheese or cheddar
salt and pepper
garlic powder (optional)
diced or chopped smoked sausage (May also used diced ham or chuncks of chicken

Rinse the head of cauliflower, then cut all the florets off. I trim the stems as well, just leaving the flower head but you don't have to. The easiest way to do this next part is to run the cauliflower florets through an automatic shredder. Like a Kitchenaid attachment or food processor cheese shredder attachment. A mandolin or potato ricer would work. If all else fails, take out your handy cheese shredder.

Once the cauliflower is all shredded put it in a large bowl and toss it with some salt. The flavor of the casserole will be greatly improved! Mix the can of green chilies into the sour cream, add a dash of garlic powder if you like. Shred the cheese.

Now layer the ingredients in the following way into a greased or buttered Casserole dish;

Cauliflower to cover the bottom 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick Sour cream and chilies to cover all the cauliflower to the edges, smoke sausage, cheese to cover

Repeat until all the Cauliflower is used up. You can press down on the Cauliflower layer to make it fit better. The top layer should be cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the top is browned and crusty. Makes an awesome side dish or full meal with the addition of the smoked sausage.
Yummy's_Girl this makes my mouth water....can't wait to try it
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnitaLCing
Stats: 191/181/151
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted again May 3, 2013
I like to grill the sausage and add it to onion and pepper slices. Cook the veggies until tender. Add LC spag. sauce. Heat thru and serve. Can be served on tofu Shirataki noodles.
AnitaLCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawn230481
Stats: 240/205/160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieba View Post
I prefer it just grilled with different mustards for dipping.
this is what I do... when i grill steak or whatever i normally throw one of these one and use it all week with mustard.
dawn230481 is offline   Reply With Quote