Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Can someone post the basic flax muffin recipe? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/494552-can-someone-post-basic-flax-muffin-recipe.html)

laureninva 05-17-2007 07:47 AM

Can someone post the basic flax muffin recipe?

I can't seem to find just the basic one that uses oil, eggs, flax and cinnamon?

TIA!

sjmiller 05-17-2007 07:49 AM

Here's my Muffin in a Minute:

Muffin in a Minute (suitable for Induction)

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet splenda packet
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Or a bowl for a different shape.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat. Set mug to soak immediately.

Cream cheese would go nicely, too.

Notes: 1.5 net carbs.

Per serving: 235 Calories; 18g Fat (63% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 9.5 g. fiber; 223mg Cholesterol; 284mg Sodium

WATCH-ME-SHRINK 05-17-2007 07:58 AM

Tia, this is the recipe I used (off the "Flax Muffin" thread from May 7th.) I only use 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, and I use maple flavoring instead of banana.

This makes 12 muffins, and I freeze them and eat anywhere between one-half to one a day:

Good one!

Here's one of the flaxmeal muffin recipes:

2 cups flaxmeal
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts preferred, but pecans will do as well)
1/2 cup granulated Splenda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 TB banana extract
1/2 cup DaVinci's vanilla (or banana) sugar-free syrup
1/3 cup oil (I prefer coconut oil, melted!)
4 eggs beaten

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon mixture into muffin pans lined with cupcake papers. Bake for around 15 minutes.

I count this as about 2 netted carbs.

Enjoy!

You can also make this yummy icing for the top of the muffins. I use it all of the time and love it!

Frosted Cinnamon Icing

1 TB Ground Cinnamon
1/3 cup Splenda
1/2 pk (4 oz) softened cream cheese

Mix ingredients by spoon until well mixed. Spread on top of flax muffins (works well with the many different varities). Enjoy!

I count this as 1 netted carb per muffin.

LadyJulieAnn 05-17-2007 05:35 PM

I tend to omit the splenda if I am using a Davinci SF syrup because it's sweet enough for me with the syrup alone.

Enjoy! They are yummy.

Julie

my1215boo 05-18-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmiller (Post 8639990)

1/4 cup flax meal
1 packet splenda packet
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter

Stir.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat. Set mug to soak immediately.

Per serving: 235 Calories; 18g Fat (63% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 9.5 g. fiber; 223mg Cholesterol; 284mg Sodium

I think this just saved my life, thank you! I so messed up the big batch and did not really need it either, this is great:clap:

ajcav062197 05-19-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

1/4 cup flax meal
1 packet splenda packet
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter

Stir.

This muffing is sooooooooo good!!!! I can't believe I have never tried this!!!

AJ

DENMW 05-24-2007 11:59 AM

OMG, I just tried the one minute muffin and like it so much better than the baked ones. I did add more sweetener though. No more baking muffins for me. This is awesome.

happyglolucky 05-24-2007 11:54 PM

wow!!!!..my night off and decided to try the one minute muffin and it is EXCELLENT and thanks so much for the recipe...have you tried walnuts or such in it?...think next time I will try that...again thanks for the wonderful recipe...

ajcav062197 05-25-2007 06:03 PM

I put a little cocoa powder in mine the other day.. tasted like chocolate cake.

AJ

Trents 05-25-2007 10:11 PM

Has this been tried with pumpkin pie spice?

joshsmom2002 07-05-2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

1/4 cup flax meal
1 packet splenda packet
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter

Stir.

OMG!!! This is PERFECT!!! I am eating it right now and I mixed up just a little cream cheese, splenda and cinnamon to spread on top - oh, it's so good!!! Thanks for this recipe!!

woogers_1 07-05-2008 09:03 PM

These are great for something quick but I really like spongebob bread. Anyone ever try to make a savory version of either?

Galveston Gal 02-02-2009 10:21 AM

THANK YOU! ! ! ...ALL OF YOU!
I am a lurker! ..but have found a voice for this topic.
In my foods I miss the "little" things that say "You are Special"!
So, I took the basic recipe you all have entered, added 1 Tbsp EAS Protein powder and
1 Tbsp Heavy Cream.....after whipping all together...allow all to sit for 3 minutes, then
spoon by teaspoons into 12 tiny muffins (flexible non stick pan) which I have put 1/4 tea of olive oil.(that makes them litterally fall from the pan when they are done)
Bake 375 for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix 1 packet splenda into 1 Tbsp of cream cheese...
"Frost" the muffins while they are still warm....mmmmm! Delicate! Delightful! Delicious!
Now I will go back to lurker status! Thank you all for keeping me on line!
(only 15 pounds to go!)

Soobee 02-02-2009 11:06 AM

Good for you, Galveston Gal.

kittycitygirl 10-05-2010 06:20 PM

Can't wait to try it:)

lostbrains 10-05-2010 10:22 PM

I dont know why but it tastes eggy/spongy to me... am I doing something wrong? Has anyone tried this with just egg whites? Would that help the sponginess?

Beeb 10-07-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostbrains (Post 13965331)
I dont know why but it tastes eggy/spongy to me... am I doing something wrong? Has anyone tried this with just egg whites? Would that help the sponginess?

It is spongy sometimes, I agree and what I have found is if you let it cool or even leave it over night in the fridge it takes on a more "muffin" texture. I never eat mine warm and never re-heat for this reason.

I also find this spongy feeling with the Oopsie Rolls and am now putting a scoop of protein powder in the recipe to counter balance this. It's really a texture thing for me because the Oopsie recipe really ROCKS in taste!!! :clap:

lostbrains 10-08-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 13972402)
It is spongy sometimes, I agree and what I have found is if you let it cool or even leave it over night in the fridge it takes on a more "muffin" texture. I never eat mine warm and never re-heat for this reason.

I also find this spongy feeling with the Oopsie Rolls and am now putting a scoop of protein powder in the recipe to counter balance this. It's really a texture thing for me because the Oopsie recipe really ROCKS in taste!!! :clap:

Thanks for the tip, beeb! I tried refrigerating and it did help. I also tried using egg whites + almond flour, and I like the texture of those muffins much more than the flax seed ones, although they're probably not for Induction. So for now I'll stick with the flax + egg whites + sufficient cooling time. :high5:

BTW - what are oopsie rolls?

Kaarren 09-08-2013 10:12 AM

Thanks, I lost my recipe & was really craving this!

watcher513 09-09-2013 04:29 AM

I mix it up with half flax and half almond meal/flour.

EssBee 09-12-2013 01:47 AM

Oh ya, I used to love these back in the day lol. For the Splenda packet, how much Splenda granulated can I use to replace it?

watcher513 09-16-2013 06:06 PM

EssBee, 2 teaspoons per packet.

Kaarren 03-22-2014 06:03 PM

:newbie: bee bump!

Kaarren 03-22-2014 07:07 PM

I just made this into pancakes by nuking it in a larger diameter bowl.

I made 2 and had a stack that way..I poured melted butter overall Very Good

I ate it with some breakfast egg & cheese muffins which were baked.

Took the left over pancake & crumbled it up w/ some cheddar nuked a bit & added parm cheese & just let it melt together.
Reminded me of Cheese Pizza!:jumpjoy: well it does take some imagination:love:

i also like to bake in a square ziploc container & after done nuking, cut in half horizontally & toast in the toaster.

rosethorns 03-22-2014 07:07 PM

Karen check this one out.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...s-newbies.html

Jewels 03-22-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

1/4 cup flax meal
1 packet splenda packet
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter

Stir.

I lost this recipe years ago and and so glad I finally found it again. I like simple and this certainly is simple.
Thanks sjmiller