Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Total80sKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,844
Gallery: Total80sKid
Substitute for 1/3 cup of Butter?

I have a recipe asking for butter, but im out.

Anything else one could use as a replacement?

The only oil i have is extra virgin olive oil.
Total80sKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,312
Gallery: sjmiller
Stats: 182/125/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/29/03
It would totally depend on what the recipe is.
sjmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Total80sKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,844
Gallery: Total80sKid
banana bread. :blush:
Total80sKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,312
Gallery: sjmiller
Stats: 182/125/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/29/03
Olive oil would give it a weird taste, in my opinion. And it's a waste of EVOO!

It's not bland enough.

Is this something that could wait until tomorrow?

Is this a low carb banana bread?
sjmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Total80sKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,844
Gallery: Total80sKid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmiller View Post
Olive oil would give it a weird taste, in my opinion. And it's a waste of EVOO!

It's not bland enough.

Is this something that could wait until tomorrow?

Is this a low carb banana bread?
actually i do have veggie oil. just found it.

im actually making it for my roomie for breakfasts for the week.

he likes to eat something sweet, but not too sweet and this is a good to go food for him.

would veg oil work? if so, how much would it be for 1/3 cup of butter? same or dont use it?? lol
Total80sKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,312
Gallery: sjmiller
Stats: 182/125/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/29/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total80sKid View Post
actually i do have veggie oil. just found it.

im actually making it for my roomie for breakfasts for the week.

he likes to eat something sweet, but not too sweet and this is a good to go food for him.

would veg oil work? if so, how much would it be for 1/3 cup of butter? same or dont use it?? lol
I would use the 1/3 cup.

I assume the butter is melted when you add it to the batter.

You could use a bit less, and then if the batter seems too stiff, work in some more.

It might not be as "rich" tasting without the butter...

If you have more banana, you could use that, too.

And... always have butter in the freezer! <smile!>
sjmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Total80sKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,844
Gallery: Total80sKid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmiller View Post
I would use the 1/3 cup.

I assume the butter is melted when you add it to the batter.

You could use a bit less, and then if the batter seems too stiff, work in some more.

It might not be as "rich" tasting without the butter...

If you have more banana, you could use that, too.

And... always have butter in the freezer! <smile!>
lol

thank you so much!
Total80sKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,312
Gallery: sjmiller
Stats: 182/125/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/29/03
Good luck!
sjmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.