Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 18,353
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Anita, which version do your stats go with? TIA!
Original first post. I am not afraid of butter and I deep fry mine. YUM I do Atkins.

For a double batch

1 stick of butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 packets of splenda
2 scoops of Body Fortress 100% Premium Whey Protein (vanilla) powder

When little puffs are cool enough to touch I shake them in a little bowl with granulated splenda and cinnamon.

Heat oil. Dip soup spoon (little round ones) in hot oil then scoop up one spoon full. Drop it gently in oil. Batter slides off really easy this way. I put about 5 in my sauce pan. Turn them as they brown. Easy peasy! And so very good. The whole batch is only 2 carbs. I divide all the little puff balls up and usually we have between 10 and 12 each.
__________________
~~Anita~~
Celebrated Atkins for 10+ years!
Read how low carb saved my life
Anita's Web Page

Last edited by SkeeterN; 09-24-2007 at 08:01 AM..
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
I completely deleted the butter from my version:

1 scoop (30g) Body Fortress Vanilla Protein Powder
1 whole egg, large
1 T Davinci SF syrup, vanilla (or any other flavour)

They don't 'puff and fluff' as they do when using butter, but they sure save a LOT on calories and fat.

****** says:

cals: 185
fat: 7g
carbs: 2g (1 from protein powder, 1 from egg)
fibre: 0
protein: 29g (23 from powder, 6 from egg. Can be more or less if you have a different protein powder)

HTH
~Deila
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
Original first post. I am not afraid of butter and I deep fry mine. YUM I do Atkins.

For a double batch

1 stick of butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 packets of splenda
2 scoops of Body Fortress 100% Premium Whey Protein (vanilla) powder

When little puffs are cool enough to touch I shake them in a little bowl with granulated splenda and cinnamon.

Heat oil. Dip soup spoon (little round ones) in hot oil then scoop up one spoon full. Drop it gently in oil. Batter slides off really easy this way. I put about 5 in my sauce pan. Turn them as they brown. Easy peasy! And so very good. The whole batch is only 2 carbs. I divide all the little puff balls up and usually we have between 10 and 12 each.
How did you come to 202 cals and 2g carbs per 1/2 batch (1 serving)? I got more like 592 cals (with the 1/2 stick of butter per serving) and 4g crbs (for the powder, egg and splenda).

Am I putting this into ****** wrong?
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!
 
theislandgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,471
Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
Mastercook gives me similar numbers...unless the protein powder used is flat out zero carb AND zero calories and if the Splenda is not counted, one definitely gets more than 2 carbs and ~200 cals:

Quote:
* Exported from MasterCook *

LC Donut Holes - double recipe

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 stick butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 packets sweetener, Sugar Twin packet -- or Splenda
1/2 cup protein powder, 100% whey DP Vanilla Prali -- 1/4 C size scoop / 60cc, 2 scoops

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving : [COLOR="Blue"]1115 Calories; 103g Fat (83.4% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 679mg Cholesterol; 1284mg Sodium. [/COLOR]
Darn thing rounds numbers, but this is pretty close for the double recipe or "two" servings.
theislandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 18,353
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by theislandgirl View Post
Mastercook gives me similar numbers...unless the protein powder used is flat out zero carb AND zero calories and if the Splenda is not counted, one definitely gets more than 2 carbs and ~200 cals:



Darn thing rounds numbers, but this is pretty close for the double recipe or "two" servings.
Re-looked I had the original amount of the first post. I had it down as 3 servings. First off I never count calories or worry about fat. In 3 1/2 years I am still doing fine. I do however look at carbs and it came to 3 carbs per serving not 1. But still 3 carbs is fine for me. It was 600 calories though. sorry. I also have never counted the carbs in splenda either.

Fat is not my enemy combined with low carb.
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!
 
theislandgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,471
Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
SkeeterN, no-one is saying fat or calories are your enemy. Some of us, though, have to track that stuff, and just for the record, we like to get our numbers in the ballpark. We ALL like this recipe and have variations that suit us.

Knowing the right numbers just lets us all do our thing as needed. Enjoy!

theislandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:38 AM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 18,353
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Sorry I just didn't realize I hadn't changed the figures when I put the recipe originally in my mastercook. We ended up eating a serving each. That is the break down I used.
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
ltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East
Posts: 121
Gallery: ltip
Stats: 165/143/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Mid Jan 07
I made these yesterday and OMG
They were so darn good. I could overeat on these real easy.
Thank you Skeeter for this recipie though. It will be something i make often I am sure.

I am making up the batter tonight and going to try as is in my waffle iron. do you all think it will work?
ltip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 18,353
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltip View Post
I made these yesterday and OMG
They were so darn good. I could overeat on these real easy.
Thank you Skeeter for this recipie though. It will be something i make often I am sure.

I am making up the batter tonight and going to try as is in my waffle iron. do you all think it will work?
Yes it will. Tastes amazing. Top the waffles with strawberries and s/f whipped cream. YUM
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member
 
ltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East
Posts: 121
Gallery: ltip
Stats: 165/143/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Mid Jan 07
Yummy!! We had waffles with this batter, my DH came home as i was mixing it up and decided he would put some whipped egg whites in the batter. They were good but i don't think it needed the egg whites.
ltip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Yeah Skeet, I want to thank you again. Actually, if you hadn't posted that original recipe, I would have had a breakdown and driven my car THROUGH the nearest Dunkin' Donuts!

I really DO appreciate it and am one of those people who, right at this point in time, have to watch calories as well as carb, fat and protein intake. I can't wait until I can spend a single day without checking everything into ****** to make sure I didn't overeat!

~D
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Gallery: carbnut74
That sounds really good i might just make them later..
carbnut74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member
 
newme2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15
Gallery: newme2007
Stats: 190/150
WOE: Protein Shakes/lowcarb
Start Date: Oct 26, 2009
I'm saving this recipe for OWL!!! Thank you for posting this.
newme2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
Trents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 352
Gallery: Trents
Stats: 170/145/??? (5'6)
WOE: Atkins-OWL
Start Date: 3-24-2007
where can i find this( Whey Protein (vanilla) powder)?TIA
Trents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Tecnokitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Anna, Texas
Posts: 3,686
Gallery: Tecnokitty
Stats: 222/125/150 After Baby/Now:241/145/150
WOE: Atkins 72, I'm 5'7", 36 years old
Start Date: Restarted 6/22/07. In a size 4-6 jeans now!
Subscribing
Tecnokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #76
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 18,353
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trents View Post
where can i find this( Whey Protein (vanilla) powder)?TIA
Walmart (pharmacy where they have their nutrition stuff) or Kroger.
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trents View Post
where can i find this( Whey Protein (vanilla) powder)?TIA
[COLOR="Magenta"]It can also be found at Netrition.com or GNC. It is the EASIEST to find at Wal-Mart. And cheaper as well.[/COLOR]
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #78
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 18,353
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deila View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]It can also be found at Netrition.com or GNC. It is the EASIEST to find at Wal-Mart. And cheaper as well.[/COLOR]
I forgot Netrition. I buy from them all the time. But mainly things I can't get locally. I love Netrition!
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
I forgot Netrition. I buy from them all the time. But mainly things I can't get locally. I love Netrition!
[COLOR="Magenta"]Actually, I believe the Body Fortress Whey Protein from Wal-Mart is the one with the least amount of carbs as well, at 1g per scoop (30 grams). I haven't seen any others with that small amount of carbs for less than $30 a cannister.[/COLOR]
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #80
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 18,353
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deila View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]Actually, I believe the Body Fortress Whey Protein from Wal-Mart is the one with the least amount of carbs as well, at 1g per scoop (30 grams). I haven't seen any others with that small amount of carbs for less than $30 a cannister.[/COLOR]
Really? I love Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. It tastes great and it does only have 1 carb per scoop.

Last edited by SkeeterN; 09-29-2007 at 03:50 PM..
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
Trents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 352
Gallery: Trents
Stats: 170/145/??? (5'6)
WOE: Atkins-OWL
Start Date: 3-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
Walmart (pharmacy where they have their nutrition stuff) or Kroger.
thanks too those who posted*hugs*
Trents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
Trents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 352
Gallery: Trents
Stats: 170/145/??? (5'6)
WOE: Atkins-OWL
Start Date: 3-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deila View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]Actually, I believe the Body Fortress Whey Protein from Wal-Mart is the one with the least amount of carbs as well, at 1g per scoop (30 grams). I haven't seen any others with that small amount of carbs for less than $30 a cannister.[/COLOR]
Thanks so much for this!
I'll be taking a trip too wally world soon
Trents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
UPDATE.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deila View Post
I completely deleted the butter from my version:

1 scoop (30g) Body Fortress Vanilla Protein Powder
1 whole egg, large
1 T Davinci SF syrup, vanilla (or any other flavour)

They don't 'puff and fluff' as they do when using butter, but they sure save a LOT on calories and fat.

****** says:

cals: 185
fat: 7g
carbs: 2g (1 from protein powder, 1 from egg)
fibre: 0
protein: 29g (23 from powder, 6 from egg. Can be more or less if you have a different protein powder)

HTH
~Deila


I've been in the midst of being a 'Tweaker Geek' with all sorts of recipes.... and, I found another alternative for a dougnut recipe:

30 grams Wheat Protein Isolate 8000
1 tsp. baking powder
dash of salt
2-4 Tbs. SF davinci syrup, any flavour

Mix together the 8000, baking powder and salt. Add in the davincis, 1 T at a time, until you get a workable dough. Roll into balls (I got 6) and either fry on the stove or in a deep fryer until brown.

****** Says:
[COLOR="Red"](NOT INCLUDING THE FRYING OIL) [/COLOR]

122 calories; 0 g fat; 2 g carbs; 0 fiber; 27 g protein.


These come out VERY lightly sweet. If you wish, you could add a T of Splenda to the mix OR dust them with Splenda after they fry. You can also add cinnamon to the mix for a different flavour.

I've used all sorts of different SF davincis (vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, B-52 and Chai Tea) and none of them actually give any FLAVOUR to the doughnuts... only a mild sweetness.

~D
__________________
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member
 
Trents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 352
Gallery: Trents
Stats: 170/145/??? (5'6)
WOE: Atkins-OWL
Start Date: 3-24-2007
I made these today..So good..I couldn't get mine to stay round,they were flat(Puffed a little when cooked)..But still so good...My batter was thin,i followed the direction on page 1..Any suggestions for a thicker batter?TIA

Also thanks for this recipe!!
Trents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!
 
pepperette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Raytown, MO.
Posts: 1,849
Gallery: pepperette
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]They sound really delish! I have chocolate truffle whey protein isolate- should work ok- right? I have a deep fryer and thought I might do it that way. I wonder if you can sub CO for the butter, and if so, in the same amount?
For evenness, you could use a small ice cream scoop- count total made and divide into total carb count for per-piece carb count.[/COLOR]

Last edited by pepperette; 01-12-2008 at 01:53 PM..
pepperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trents View Post
I made these today..So good..I couldn't get mine to stay round,they were flat(Puffed a little when cooked)..But still so good...My batter was thin,i followed the direction on page 1..Any suggestions for a thicker batter?TIA

Also thanks for this recipe!!
Either cut the butter in half (use only 2 T) or add a scoop of powder. That;s about the only answer I can give you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperette View Post
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]They sound really delish! I have chocolate truffle whey protein isolate- should work ok- right? I have a deep fryer and thought I might do it that way. I wonder if you can sub CO for the butter, and if so, in the same amount?
For evenness, you could use a small ice cream scoop- count total made and divide into total carb count for per-piece carb count.[/COLOR]

I tried it with basic Chocolate Protein Powder and didn't like the taste of it AT ALL YMMV. Let us know if the chocolate truffle tasted good.

And about the coconut sub
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!
 
jigglenomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Missouri Ozarks
Posts: 1,021
Gallery: jigglenomore
Stats: Mac Truck/Small SUV/Mini-Cooper
WOE: Atkins/South Beach/Low Glycemic/Voodoo
Subscribing.

Elaine
jigglenomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:16 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member
 
Barbara690's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: southern Colorado
Posts: 957
Gallery: Barbara690
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct,2003 this time around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deila View Post
I've been in the midst of being a 'Tweaker Geek' with all sorts of recipes.... and, I found another alternative for a dougnut recipe:

30 grams Wheat Protein Isolate 8000
1 tsp. baking powder
dash of salt
2-4 Tbs. SF davinci syrup, any flavour

Mix together the 8000, baking powder and salt. Add in the davincis, 1 T at a time, until you get a workable dough. Roll into balls (I got 6) and either fry on the stove or in a deep fryer until brown.

****** Says:
[COLOR="Red"](NOT INCLUDING THE FRYING OIL) [/COLOR]

122 calories; 0 g fat; 2 g carbs; 0 fiber; 27 g protein.


These come out VERY lightly sweet. If you wish, you could add a T of Splenda to the mix OR dust them with Splenda after they fry. You can also add cinnamon to the mix for a different flavour.

I've used all sorts of different SF davincis (vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, B-52 and Chai Tea) and none of them actually give any FLAVOUR to the doughnuts... only a mild sweetness.

~D
are the carb count and calories for the entire recipe or per serving?If it's per serving then what would that be?Thanks for the new recipe and I'll probabaly try it out this afternoon.
Barbara690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!
 
Boudica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embracing mackereality!
Posts: 2,705
Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara690 View Post
are the carb count and calories for the entire recipe or per serving?If it's per serving then what would that be?Thanks for the new recipe and I'll probabaly try it out this afternoon.
The recipe is a whole serving.
Boudica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
PghPALady1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PITTSBURGH PA
Posts: 4,477
Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Hummmmm I am off tomorrow. I may have to make some of these!
Skeeter pointed me in this direction before but I forgot about them.[/COLOR]
PghPALady1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.