|01-26-2007, 11:38 AM||#1|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
WOE: Moderate carbs
I love crispbread (Kavli, Wasa) Do you think this can be substituted with WPI 5000? When I get my order in I was going to try it...what do you think?!
Rye Crispbread Recipe
Crispbread recipe to duplicate Kavli Crispy Onion crispbread
8 ounces rye flour (wpi 5000???)
2 ounces margarine or butter
1 teaspoon dried herbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons milk or water (heavy cream???)
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.***
2. Rub the margarine in to the flour and stir in the herbs and salt. Stir in the water and mix to a firm dough. Divide the dough in to two halves.
3. Knead each half lightly on a floured surface. Roll each half out thinly in to about a 9" square.
4. (“Thinly” is the operative word, or they're rather chewy.)
5. Cut in to 3" squares and put on to a lightly greased baking sheet. Prick each square well to prevent it from rising and bubbling during baking.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the edges just begin to color, but do not let them brown. Cool slightly on the baking sheet then transfer to wire racks
***200°c (Approx 390°F)