Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Making Ranch dressing from scratch? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/467696-making-ranch-dressing-scratch.html)

Vienna 01-04-2007 02:13 AM

Making Ranch dressing from scratch?

Anyone know how to do this? I live in Austria and Ranch dressing here means dressing like a cowboy:laugh: Any tips? Thank you thank you thank you!!

sharbur 01-04-2007 05:36 AM

Here ya go!

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon MSG
= (Accent brand is good)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 pinch dried thyme

Mix all ingredients and chill for 2 hrs. Makes 1 cup.

I would personally skip the MSG. I try not to eat anything with MSG in it.

Good luck.

Sharon

LindaSue 01-04-2007 05:49 AM

Here's how I make mine:

RANCH-STYLE SALAD DRESSING
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 drops Tabasco
1/8 teaspoon granular Splenda
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon chives
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced

Mix all ingredients and chill well before serving.

Makes about 7 tablespoons

Per Tablespoon: 76 Calories; 8g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs
Per 2 Tablespoons: 178 Calories; 19g Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs

Vienna 01-04-2007 06:54 AM

Sharbur- thank you sooo much!! I'm allergic to MSG so I'll probably skip it! I live in Europe and they use MSG in all the Chinese restaurants- I always forget to ask and end up looking like a chipmunk! :doh: Thanks again!!

LindaSue- first of all, I want to say that your recipes are absolutely amazing! You've helped me so often when I don't know what to make and you truly are an inspired cook! Sweet Onion Pie is the most requested dish! Thank you for the ranch recipe and for all the other recipes you've provided!!

I'm going to try them both!!

sharbur 01-04-2007 07:34 AM

Vienna- you are so welcome. I have the MasterCook program on my computer and have a cookbook called Copy Cat Recipes. I just searched out the Origional Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.

Linda Sue- I'd like to add my appreciation for your Recipes. I especially love your ratings of the meals that you have tried. Thank you for all your hard work.

Sharon

Sweeteater 01-04-2007 07:51 AM

Thanks for the recipes! :)

theislandgirl 01-05-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharbur (Post 7942714)
Vienna- you are so welcome. I have the MasterCook program on my computer and have a cookbook called Copy Cat Recipes. I just searched out the Origional Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.

Linda Sue- I'd like to add my appreciation for your Recipes. I especially love your ratings of the meals that you have tried. Thank you for all your hard work.

Sharon

How cool is that? Is that your own built cookbook containing CopyCat recipes you've collected, or is there an MasterCook import/export cookbook out there in the world with CopyCat recipes? Enquiring MasterCookers want to know :D

:up:

sharbur 01-05-2007 05:26 AM

theislandgirl- No not my own. Try Mad's Recipe Emorium. He has tons of MC recipes for downloading. I love his site.

As I'm new here, I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to another site. Just google mads recipes and you'll find it.

Sharon

theislandgirl 01-05-2007 07:22 PM

Thanks, I've got the link (I think)!

:D